Type keyword(s) to search

S28: Spoilers (No Elimination Info)

Bella
  • Start Topic

The next version of the Race starts in mid-November. This is the thread for discussing location spoilers only.

If you bring over a spoiler from another site, IT MUST BE CREDITED. Photos MUST BE CREDITED as well. Failure to do so will result in the posts being removed and warnings given to the violators.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me (I watch the spoiler threads) and at least one other mod from the PTV TAR team: GenL, Cooksdelight, Joanne3482.

Thanks!

• Love 1

The news broke on twitter today that internet personalities Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl will make up the first confirmed team for the TAR's spring edition.

I know almost nothing about these two, I'm just guessing it'll be something like Joey & Megan 2.0.

Edited to add: Nevermind. CBS has a meet the cast gallery up. Get ready for TAR: The Social Media/E-lebrity Edition. Yay?

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

Tyler Oakley is an awesome, funny guy who has used his celebrity on YouTube (and 7 million subscribers) to raise tons of money for gay youth crisis centers.  He has received tons of awards for his work, and has met with such celebrities as Michelle Obama.  He also appeared at the White House with a group of YouTubers.

Here's the cast:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005177/meet-the-cast-of-the-amazing-race-season-28/

• Love 1

Yeah, I thought this sounded horrible, but the cast does look fairly diverse, in relationships and age. So I'm holding out a shred of hope that it might not be horrible. That doesn't mean I'm happy by any stretch.

• Love 2

While I'd usually groan at this concept, I actually have watched quite a few episodes of Clevver's Beauty Break and I think Joslyn is a freaking riot. I can't say I recognize Erin, but if they're anything alike, I think they're going to be teetering the line between extremely likable and extremely annoying, and are probably getting eliminated first. Although, I know Joslyn is fluent in Spanish and kind of athletic, so who knows.

I'm aggressively neutral towards Tyler Oakley. 

Phil's Facebook page will be broadcasting a live stream of the first leg tonight. The race most likely started in LA this morning. Teams were spotted at LAX on their way to Mexico City. First time since season 3!

There were also sightings at Atlanta and potentially Miami and Dallas as well, which suggests that there may have been a non-standard Starting Line, i.e. instead of all the teams beginning from the same place, they will now be flying from different American cities to Benito Juarez Airport.

Otherwise, why else would some be arriving direct from LAX when others are coming via ATL/MIA/DFW?* 

Joey/Meghan (and even the Jumba Wus) must be fuming at this lot's privilege.

* Opening legs to Latin America in the recent past (e.g. from S13 onward) had teams fly from SoCal to one of the aforementioned transfer hubs.

Edited by Vyas

starrychris from Survivor Sucks may have uncovered the site of an endgame leg:

So I think I've worked out that the next season of The Amazing Race will be coming to Australia, in particular MELBOURNE (where I live)!. Well I'm 90% sure anyway. So last Friday decided to do something touristy in the city, The Melbourne Star. In looking at opening hours on their website I noticed this:

"Melbourne Star will be CLOSED on Friday 4 December 2015 due to filming on the Star by a globally renowned adventure reality series who will be attempting an exciting and exclusive stunt.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

http://www.melbournestar.com/plan-your-visit.html

This coincides perfectly with the new season which has just started filming.

1.jpg

Edited by Vyas
Phil posted an image of rugs from Cartagena to his Instagram - maybe the capital is just for a connection.

Bogota was indeed just a transfer point.

Via RFF.

Edited by Bella
credit

Leg 5 will occur in Chamonix, France, the first European nation to appear in three consecutive seasons.

Source: Instagram posting by Etienne Pillet

Indeed, both Geneva and Chamonix will be occurred in Leg 4 as one single leg. The race mat was spotted at Place du Triangle de l'Amitié between the afternoon of 22nd (end of Leg 4; with lighting standups for filming that town) and the morning of 23rd (start of Leg 5).

Source: http://www.bergfex.fr/chamonix-mont-blanc/webcams/c3212/

Per RFF

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1

That is awesome.  I tape Conan every night and watch the first 15 minutes at some point, though I watched the whole episode just last week when he did an entire episode taking his assistant of Armenian descent on a homecoming trip.  It was a great show and there are a lot of interesting locations for possibilities.

• Love 1

So the route for season 27 was a terrific throwback to the races of yore, and season 28 is blazing a new trail for the future. What a terrific route so far. And if the Australia spoiler pans out, then that will be a 5 continent race for the third straight season, a feat which has never been accomplished thus far in the race. Great stuff.

The route as of the halfway point:

1. Mexico City, Mexico
  2. Cartagena, Colombia
  3. Cartagena, Colombia
  4. Geneva, Switzerland
  5. Chamonix, France
  6. Yerevan, Armenia? *
  7. Tbilisi, Georgia

* Possibly after a destination elsewhere in the French Alps and/or Athens, Greece

Source: Rational deduction from numerous sightings, etc.

The Australia leg might've been canceled due to someone spoiling it too soon, actually.

Not necessarily. Based on TAR history if the task is a "stunt" then it's probably a Fast Forward, which could easily be dropped from the leg.

The other option, which is looking more and more plausible by the day, is that the Melbourne Star will be closed for TAR Israel instead. There are a limited number of things you could use a Ferris wheel for and TAR US has done all of them (with none being good enough TV to justify a Switchback), yet TAR Israel is currently filming in south-east Asia and moving towards Australia, has producers who are normally based in Melbourne and who have a reputation for reusing tasks between the four versions of TAR they're responsible for, and has notably never done the "find a correct clue in the ferris wheel cabins" task last seen in the TAR24 premiere.

Legs 9 and 10 will be in Bali, Indonesia.

Sources: Benjamin Beaver per fossil-racer ex-allan tsai/alltsa, Indonesian local Nyoman and his friend Michael from RFF.

SnideAsides, thank you for the info about Melbourne and that turns out to be a different TAR,

TAR Israel. The said season will visit Italy, Tanzania, India, South Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia and now Australia.

Edited by ApprenticeFan

Why not wait until you actually watch the shows before you declare the season a waste?

The naysayers for Season 26 feel otherwise. 

Anyhow, rather miffed that novel nearby places like Doha and Vientiane got passed for two retread tourist resorts - and an English-speaking country as the penultimate destination, which the finish of Season 22 already showed was anti-climactic? 

Poster Zouly at RFF says Phil hopped a flight to Hong Kong. Since that city was just used for season 27, we would have to think that is only a transfer point for leg 11. Let's just hope they're not going to ruin this above average route with a penultimate leg in China/Japan.

Shame that the Australia spoilers were not for our race. We haven't been down under in ages!

Not necessarily. Australian airlines have been pretty slow to resume flying to Bali after the latest volcanic ash cloud delays (so it could just be Hong Kong was a way to get around limited flights), plus there are multiple airlines that fly direct from Bali to Seoul. They're both possible, albeit unlikely, and my actual guess would be Canada - there are no direct flights from Bali but Hong Kong has a few.

So a final route most closely resembling season 23. One can't help but be disappointed in the last third of the route, after a terrific start. That said, still a pretty good route, and three new countries is excellent. Don't think we've seen that many new ones since season 19!

Looking forward to finding out the final city probably tomorrow. Usually I'd say west coast, but they just flew Hong Kong-NYC last season, so I won't even fathom a guess.

Talk about setting a new record in the worst way possible - penultimate cities, let alone countries should never be this close together on two consecutive seasons going in the same direction (c.f. Shanghai - Seoul, Rio de Janeiro - Panama City, Loire Valley - Belfast).

Let's see if the finale can salvage this inexplicable choice of location for Leg 11.

1. Mexico City, Mexico 
  2. Cartagena, Colombia
  3. Cartagena, Colombia
  4. Geneva, Switzerland
  5. Chamonix, France
  6. Yerevan, Armenia
  7. Tbilisi, Georgia
  8. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
  9. Bali, Indonesia
  10. Bali, Indonesia
  11. Shenzhen, China
  12. Los Angeles, California

Blank_Map_World.png

The first half of Season 20 did indeed mingle with the second half of Season 23 to produce this brainchild - contrast Season 25 being a hybrid of 3/12/17 (and the current one as 2/11 during the opposite time of year).

Edited by Supay

I have to hand to TAR in trying to keep up with the times with their social-media cast season.  My kids may even recognize some of the contestants, I certainly don't, but that's ok.  I like the theme a heck of a lot better than 'Dating-TAR', so there's that.

I don't think this is actually a spoiler, but on Twitter, Phil said this season will begin airing on Feb 12. I don't know any of these people and the preview made me think they are all annoying. Yet, I'll probably watch.

Phil's twitter is https://twitter.com/PhilKeoghanand the preview is at http://zap2it.com/2015/12/tyler-oakley-and-more-tease-exciting-amazing-race-season-28-premiere/ That also has the winner of Season 27 in the article.