Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I expect he was either truly a handyman or he worked in contracting as in he did some kind of building (carpenter, electrician, etc) for someone else.  

I agree, he likely was a handyman. He may have been a contractor in the sense he hired himself out to do a job and he obtained all the supplies necessary. 

• Like 6
On 2/26/2023 at 2:11 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

David worked as a *contractor* yet they were extremely poor (according to Robyn) and his child support was so low???

Contractors usually make really good money so I wonder if that's not correct or he didn't take on a lot of jobs. Unless he was doing a lot of work under the table w/family and any legit work that he could claim for taxes, etc was on the lower end? (I guess that would fit with the bleed the beast "rules" they all seemed to live by).

Contractor is a vague title. That's it. Doesn't mean anything other than that. Doesn't mean they were qualified, or working or anything else. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, BoogieWonderland said:

Contractor is a vague title. That's it. Doesn't mean anything other than that. Doesn't mean they were qualified, or working or anything else. 

Ohhh! I thought it required a license? Does it depend on project size? One of my kids is a contractor for larger construction projects and building or remodeling fancy homes in Calif, and he had to get a tax ID, take an exam and get a license.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Ohhh! I thought it required a license? Does it depend on project size? One of my kids is a contractor for larger construction projects and building or remodeling fancy homes in Calif, and he had to get a tax ID, take an exam and get a license.

Your son may be contracting for unionized projects that require oversight. David Preston was in HVAC and may have worked as a subcontractor on smaller jobs.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

If Robyn got a job!! 

I moved this from Meri's thread to avoid derailing it. 

I want to see Robyn working at Dollar General, constantly unpacking boxes, stocking shelves, running back behind register to move the lines. 

Don't forget to greet each customer, Rubbin!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Robyn = drama.

So, of course they were very poor. Of course David had no means to pay child support. Of course David didn't care for his kids. Not necessarily saying she is lying, but I tend to take all her claims with a pinch a whole lot of salt.  We've seen enough of such Sobbyn-Stories over the years to know that she has a tendency to hugely exaggerate and take on a victim role.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

If Robyn got a job!! 

I moved this from Meri's thread to avoid derailing it. 

I want to see Robyn working at Dollar General, constantly unpacking boxes, stocking shelves, running back behind register to move the lines. 

Don't forget to greet each customer, Rubbin!

If the subreddit for Dollar Tree (same company) is any indication, this job is a nightmare! Hee hee 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

If the subreddit for Dollar Tree (same company) is any indication, this job is a nightmare! Hee hee 

I shop at DG sometimes. It's gotta be. I wont go in there if the parking lot is full.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I want Robyn to work anywhere that sells figurines because she will buy even more and claim she is actually saving them money because she gets an employee discount as Kodys spends the day trapped in the closet filming Cameos ibecause the mountain of unopened QVC boxes have toppled over and barred the door 😊

• LOL 19
20 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I want Robyn to work anywhere that sells figurines because she will buy even more and claim she is actually saving them money because she gets an employee discount as Kodys spends the day trapped in the closet filming Cameos ibecause the mountain of unopened QVC boxes have toppled over and barred the door 😊

I want her told she needs to wear more flair by her 18 year old boss.  Wherever that might be.  HA!

Edited by Natalie68
Spelling!!!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 12
On 4/25/2023 at 1:44 PM, LilyD said:

Robyn = drama.

So, of course they were very poor. Of course David had no means to pay child support. Of course David didn't care for his kids. Not necessarily saying she is lying, but I tend to take all her claims with a pinch a whole lot of salt.  We've seen enough of such Sobbyn-Stories over the years to know that she has a tendency to hugely exaggerate and take on a victim role.

Exactly she’s so full of it she’s turning brown!

Robyn cried, gulped, snotted and whined as she told how she’d never had a crib for any of her babies until King Sol was born.. 🙄
According to Sobbin Robyn… Dayun, AROARA! and Brianna all slept in cardboard boxes or dresser drawers.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
On 1/25/2023 at 4:07 AM, LilyD said:

The Intouch info was interesting and sure sounds plausible. It does depict David Yessop in a negative daylight for not paying child support and not visiting his kids for instance.

I thought Robyn's ex-husband's name is David Jessop -- who is David Yessop?

On 2/28/2023 at 8:20 AM, Sandy W said:

David Preston was in HVAC and may have worked as a subcontractor on smaller jobs.

I'm confused--who is David Preston?

• Like 1

Robyn is good at telling the truth yet making it sound like something it isn't.  In one show she went on about how she didn't ever have crib for her babies while in another she said she co-slept with all her babies.  One of the other Browns made a snarky remark about that crib they bought that was never used because the babies slept with Robyn.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Didn't Day-Un change his legal name at the unveiling of Sobbyn's imaginary portrait of a younger Kootie with her kids?  I seem to remember his name as David Day-Un Brown.  I believe "Preston" went by the wayside?

• Like 3
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Didn't Day-Un change his legal name at the unveiling of Sobbyn's imaginary portrait of a younger Kootie with her kids?  I seem to remember his name as David Day-Un Brown.  I believe "Preston" went by the wayside?

That's where she came up with Dayton (in Robyn speak, pronounced Day-Un). She combined David and Preston to become Dayton.

I wonder if the child was allowed input into this change.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I have had this theory for a while, I haven't ever really put it into words. Christine was Robyn's biggest threat. I watched her inserting herself in discussions, plygsplaining. As if she were the spokesperson for Principle Voices. She stated at one point that her ex husband's family "are spiritual leaders in our church". I saw her trying to become royal  Christine. 

Now, I get a lot of satisfaction thinking (hoping) David Woolley is a descendant of Lorin Woolley, has lots of money. Man I hope that guy is loaded. Just because I know that would gnash Tragedy Mask Robyn's teeth! And Grody's.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I have had this theory for a while, I haven't ever really put it into words. Christine was Robyn's biggest threat. I watched her inserting herself in discussions, plygsplaining. As if she were the spokesperson for Principle Voices. She stated at one point that her ex husband's family "are spiritual leaders in our church". I saw her trying to become royal  Christine. 

Now, I get a lot of satisfaction thinking (hoping) David Woolley is a descendant of Lorin Woolley, has lots of money. Man I hope that guy is loaded. Just because I know that would gnash Tragedy Mask Robyn's teeth! And Grody's.

You have a great theory. Meri wasn’t a threat bc she reeked desperation while thinking she was somehow superior to the other two. She always came off to me like she seriously thought she was a better class of person than them.

Robyn also always seemed terrified of Janelle, and avoided her, but more like she was afraid she’d call her out and make her be fair and play nice, not like she was marital competition. She’s throw out Janelle’s weight enough though to show some insecurity. 
Now Christine, however, was the youngest, bubbliest, still bearing children, Polyg royalty, had never given her cookie to anyone else and was accepted by their church. Christine appeared to have a charmed life, and Robyn got knocked up and had to get married, was in debt, divorced, had alcohol issues, etc. Christine was a Princess and Robyns made a lot of bad decisions. She was probably thrilled to learn how bad Kody actually treated Christine. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Meri’s sole claim to superiority was her position as legal wife. She knew perfectly well that she was the only one with a real marital status and rights. The others literally had nothing at all.

And yes, Robyn must have been afraid of Janelle. She was the one voicing concerns about adding 4 new members and a shitload of debt to their already precarious financial situation. She subtly mentioned several times that Robyn could contribute something to the family too and she also voiced serious concerns about My Sister Wife’s closet and eventually refused to take part. Robyn was lucky that Kody turned a blind eye and wasn’t listening to Janelle.

• Like 14
On 5/14/2023 at 6:16 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

You have a great theory. Meri wasn’t a threat bc she reeked desperation while thinking she was somehow superior to the other two. She always came off to me like she seriously thought she was a better class of person than them.

Robyn also always seemed terrified of Janelle, and avoided her, but more like she was afraid she’d call her out and make her be fair and play nice, not like she was marital competition. She’s throw out Janelle’s weight enough though to show some insecurity. 
Now Christine, however, was the youngest, bubbliest, still bearing children, Polyg royalty, had never given her cookie to anyone else and was accepted by their church. Christine appeared to have a charmed life, and Robyn got knocked up and had to get married, was in debt, divorced, had alcohol issues, etc. Christine was a Princess and Robyns made a lot of bad decisions. She was probably thrilled to learn how bad Kody actually treated Christine. 

This is QUITE shallow but sometimes the less evolved part of me seeps out.  Christine only got better looking with age and Robyn looks aged, goiter-y, toothbrush eyebrow-y and just like she had the life sucked out of her.  THAT has to burn.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

This is QUITE shallow but sometimes the less evolved part of me seeps out.  Christine only got better looking with age and Robyn looks aged, goiter-y, toothbrush eyebrow-y and just like she had the life sucked out of her.  THAT has to burn.  

Oh, shallow sister over here!! I've had the exact same thoughts. I smile when I think them. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Oh, shallow sister over here!! I've had the exact same thoughts. I smile when I think them. 

Another shallow sister here!!!  Christine really is looking good these days and Robyn, umm, not so much. Living with the Kodster is not looking so well on her!

• Like 14
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I'm in good company.  Sobbyn also dresses like a much older frumpy woman.  Living full-time with Kootie hasn't been the bed of roses she would have us believe.  Karma is winningk, big time.  😆

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 5/16/2023 at 5:15 PM, Natalie68 said:

Same thoughts. Robyn went from cute and vibrant to looking like an overworked lunch lady.

The wives who have left Kody are looking better, even Meri (excluding her filtered photos, she still looks better than she used to.

Kody is a Dementor that sucks the life out of everything. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Robyn is the embodiment of the saying “ be careful what you wish for “.
She wanted Kody to put her above everyone else in the family and now has to live with fractured relationships with the other wives and some of the children. No more family pot of money to pay for everything. Robyn wanted to be the expert on how to live polygamously and is now just a regular woman living in a monogamous marriage.

• Like 24

Yeah, I can't believe Robyn is actually happy with how it all worked out in the end.  I think she wanted to be Kody's priority, but I doubt she wanted the responsibiity of making him her priority, 24-7.  

I wonder if she had it to do over, what she might do differently ...  

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Perhaps there will be a future portrait to tell us.

When things fall apart between Kody and Robyn, she'll blame him for misleading her from the start (telling her the OG2 were close, for ex.), for crushing her dream, etc.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

When things fall apart between Kody and Robyn, she'll blame him for misleading her from the start (telling her the OG2 were close, for ex.), for crushing her dream, etc.

Well, the one thing we do know is Robyn will say none of it is her fault!! None of it!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
On 5/14/2023 at 9:16 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Christine appeared to have a charmed life, and Robyn got knocked up and had to get married, was in debt, divorced, had alcohol issues, etc. C

Whoa Robyn had alcohol issues? Never heard this. Please fill us in on this tidbit.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Whoa Robyn had alcohol issues? Never heard this. Please fill us in on this tidbit.

It’s speculation, in my opinion.

It applied to both of them. Not  consuming alcohol, I believe in front of the children, was apparently in their divorce papers. That could have been because of religious reasons.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
On 5/21/2023 at 10:13 PM, ginger90 said:

It’s speculation, in my opinion.

It applied to both of them. Not  consuming alcohol, I believe in front of the children, was apparently in their divorce papers. That could have been because of religious reasons.

If neither of them had an issue, why would there be a need to put it in divorce papers?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If neither of them had an issue, why would there be a need to put it in divorce papers?

Yeah, there is something going on there. One or both of them may have had problems. There was a time when she was posting weird bathroom videos in her bathrobe, hair all messed up. Just very strange behavior.  Maybe she was drinking late at night after the kids were in bed?  We will probably never know...

• Like 4

Thinking back to the epsiode where Madison wanted to join a church and Robyn got an yelly and saying wait h til your brain fully functions around age 24-25.  Yeah Robyn she wants to join a church.  You had children before that age.  Kody and meri were married by that age   Shut your pie hole 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

I recently saw pictures of Mykelti and her three kids and Maddie and her three. I couldn't help but think of Robyn repeatedly saying, "I have 5 kids". At the time Robyn kept saying this, 2 of her kids had cars, 1 was in high school and the youngest 2 were long out of diapers.

Robyn didn't want sister wives, she wanted child care.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I recently saw pictures of Mykelti and her three kids and Maddie and her three. I couldn't help but think of Robyn repeatedly saying, "I have 5 kids". At the time Robyn kept saying this, 2 of her kids had cars, 1 was in high school and the youngest 2 were long out of diapers.

Robyn didn't want sister wives, she wanted child care.

She did, but apparently Christine wasn't good enough for Sobbyn, who brought her own relatives to do her work for her.  She did let a teenage Mykelti do it for her oldest three.  Lazy, gold-digging, and selfish witch.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

In Kody's thread I read several posts about Robyn's infamous note on the fridge. I'm wondering: did it really specifically refer to all the other kids (meaning her own kids were free to grab whatever they needed?)

I can understand  a note on the fridge if it applies to all: My three kids empty my fridge and pantry with the speed of light, and I often found myself missing out on essentials, or stuff that I specifically bought for a meal or dessert, which was very annoying. Snacks and cookies are an absolute nightmare! So, as a rule they now have to ask. Not because they need permission, but because it helps me to keep track of where the food goes☺️

So from Robyn's point of view, I get a note. But specifically excluding other kids within your family, particularly if you profess to be their mom too, that's beyond me! 

Edited by LilyD
corrected referred to refer
  • Like 14
On 8/9/2023 at 8:54 PM, LilyD said:

In Kody's thread I read several posts about Robyn's infamous note on the fridge. I'm wondering: did it really specifically refer to all the other kids (meaning her own kids were free to grab whatever they needed?)

I can understand  a note on the fridge if it applies to all: My three kids empty my fridge and pantry with the speed of light, and I often found myself missing out on essentials, or stuff that I specifically bought for a meal or dessert, which was very annoying. Snacks and cookies are an absolute nightmare! So, as a rule they now have to ask. Not because they need permission, but because it helps me to keep track of where the food goes☺️

So from Robyn's point of view, I get a note. But specifically excluding other kids within your family, particularly if you profess to be their mom too, that's beyond me! 

I think it was specifically for the children in the family who were not Robyn’s biological child. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1