Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

Douche is right! 🍆

Here she is BREAK dancing for her DOUCHEBAG 

she BREAKS the POLE, BREAKS the TABLE and maybe BREAKS her NECK!

DOUCHEDANCER.gif

Omg @Dustbunny you’re on fire this week, You took down Amy Roloff and Robyn Brown in one fell swoop!  😂😂😂

• LOL 11

These people have made a lot of dumb mistakes when it comes to moving, buying property etc. but purchasing Coyote Pass basically on a whim has to be the dumbest. They purchased this what 3-4 years ago? They have managed to do nothing but use it as a place to meet during the pandemic and for Jenelle to park an RV last year. All the while paying a mortgage and taxes of this property. How they manage to pay a mortgage on this is a mystery to me. They are never going to build homes there.  

• Love 18
14 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Exactly, if you ever watched a show called Railroad Alaska, they mentioned that it could cost upwards of 100K to run utilities from the road to a home less than a mile from a main road, granted Alaska is expensive to begin, but your talking 4 houses and thats just electricity, not plumbing or sewage/pipes

My brother and his wife owned land in a rural area of east Texas.  I can't remember exactly how far they were going to have to run a power line, but it was under 1 mile.  $60K for one house.  For water they were going to have to dig a well.  That was going to start at $2,000.

They could use that big open section of land for rows of solar panels, on CP

Edited by Pickleinthemiddle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

These people have made a lot of dumb mistakes when it comes to moving, buying property etc. but purchasing Coyote Pass basically on a whim has to be the dumbest. They purchased this what 3-4 years ago? They have managed to do nothing but use it as a place to meet during the pandemic and for Jenelle to park an RV last year. All the while paying a mortgage and taxes of this property. How they manage to pay a mortgage on this is a mystery to me. They are never going to build homes there.  

And don't forget - they got to park the U-Haul there for like a year while Robyn and Kody and God waited for a rennal to become available.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
On 3/18/2022 at 8:13 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

If the rest of their land is as rocky as the few plots, like the surveyor mentioned, that will be expensive and difficult to deal with, too. I'm curious how they'll deal with septic systems if there's a lot of deep rock, too. Can public utilities like sewage even be pulled into that area? 
  I am also curious if they're only putting in the one big cistern. That won't be nearly enough for their proposed five homes, plus any irrigation. I sure hope there's more to it than we see, otherwise they're completely delusional. 

Of course they’re delusional, just follow the show and you’ll know for sure😉

It may also be interesting to know that Kody talked about the deal of the century when he bought the land at a “huge” discount on the condition that the seller did not have to provide utilities. Some experts among us pointed out that those costs would hugely exceed the discount he got, something the previous owner probably knew.

Oh and did anyone notice by the way that the article said Christine paid (down payment?) 150k for her land on CP and that Kody and Robyn applied for a 150k loan after Christine left? Is that a coincidence?

• Useful 9
  • Love 6

I just read an old post ( in Robyn's big announcement, that got bumped up in the threads) in which someone explained the whole sealing and unsealing in the LDS. It's a huge thing and you can only be sealed to one person ever. Unsealing is hardly ever done.  So you can remarry after divorce but if your previous marriage was not unsealed, you're stuck to husband no 1 for eternity. Anyway, she wondered whether Robyn and Jessop had entered a sealed marriage.

I have no idea how this works in practise, nor do I really care. But the thought of Robyn being still formally sealed to Jessop has brightened my day! I'm now envisioning Kody screaming the hell out of his pathetic body for Robyn. But she can't come to his sorry planet because she's been marooned to Jessop-Planet! Now that would be Karma! Kody with his first three wives on planet no 1 and Robyn in a different solar system!

• LOL 15
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I just read an old post ( in Robyn's big announcement, that got bumped up in the threads) in which someone explained the whole sealing and unsealing in the LDS. It's a huge thing and you can only be sealed to one person ever. Unsealing is hardly ever done.  So you can remarry after divorce but if your previous marriage was not unsealed, you're stuck to husband no 1 for eternity. Anyway, she wondered whether Robyn and Jessop had entered a sealed marriage.

I have no idea how this works in practise, nor do I really care. But the thought of Robyn being still formally sealed to Jessop has brightened my day! I'm now envisioning Kody screaming the hell out of his pathetic body for Robyn. But she can't come to his sorry planet because she's been marooned to Jessop-Planet! Now that would be Karma! Kody with his first three wives on planet no 1 and Robyn in a different solar system!

Poor Jessop.

• LOL 15

I believe there was a misread or perhaps a misrepresentation regarding sealing.  A person can be sealed to only one at a time.  It is true unsealing is rare but if one was able to get unsealed from the 1st spouse you can indeed be sealed to a 2nd spouse.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

I believe there was a misread or perhaps a misrepresentation regarding sealing.  A person can be sealed to only one at a time.  It is true unsealing is rare but if one was able to get unsealed from the 1st spouse you can indeed be sealed to a 2nd spouse.

I stand corrected, not my best way of phrasing things☺️  I said sealed to one person ever but yes, that should be one at a time.  I was about to type that, whilst thinking about the fact that few people bother to unseal, which lead me to the whole "Robyn could end up on the Jessop-Planet-Thought" . So my multi-tasking brain messed up here!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

"Robyn could end up on the Jessop-Planet-Thought"

But if she was sealed to Jessop can she be unsealed unless he agrees?  With the polygamists being so ultra-mysogynistic I can't image the brood mare wife has any say in it. 

Although if I was Jessop I'd do everything in my power not to spend eternity with that witch.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Do you by chance know if the AUB and other sects do the sealings like the Mormons do? I was wondering if they indeed do something similar but not as rigid, that it might be easier to undo. 
 The Brown clan seem to cherry-pick and/or do whatever they want, depending on their beliefs and wants in the moment, so I can see them making up their own rules for this, too.

Just imagining Kody having to listen to Robyn's sobbin' for eternity gives me some lols. He's going to have to build an extra castle in their celestial kingdom so he can have some peace. Hopefully its most is a celestial poop pond. (He might regret not floating around in the outer darkness by himself)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

The Brown clan seem to cherry-pick and/or do whatever they want, depending on their beliefs and wants in the moment, so I can see them making up their own rules for this, too.

Me playing out the scene between Kody and God in my head  once Kody’s time to claim his planet has come:

Kody: Hey God, here I am, I found your rules tedious and stupid so I changed them to suit my needs, flatter my ego and get rid of my unwanted wives.  So… where’s my and Robyn’s planet?

God: You know, that’s not exactly what I meant when I wrote them. You’ve failed me, your fambly and your faithful TLC viewers on every level. But I’m not a nasty guy; I’m sure I’ve got a dry, boring and hot piece of rock floating around a distant star for you and Meri to spend a miserable eternity on while I send Robyn to Jessop-Planet. 

Kody: You can’t do that! I hate Meri’ I want Robyn! You have really offended me there! I’m so angry now. Now I’m pissed off! Take that back!! And show - some - respect!!

God: I can, and I will. watch me! Guards, take him as far away as possible please. Now Christine….please tell me again what your heavenly planet looks like? I’m sure I’ve got an amazing place  just for you and your family….

Edited by LilyD
Spelling: anf —> and
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

The AUB seal for time and all eternity but you can be unsealed through the church. Or if the other person leaves the church you're automatically unsealed because they're then considered apostates. I'd guess Robyn got unsealed through the church though. Jessop left the AUB after that.

If true then you have just single-handedly busted the entire Sister Wives-myth! 😀 

Christine and Meri haven't been divorced. They've been single since the day they were kicked out of the AUB. Poor Janelle may think she's still married but apparently her marital ship sailed too when they were kicked out. 

And that puts Robyn's actions in a whole new daylight! She must have realised that you get unsealed when leaving the church, leaving her with nothing again. So, did she encourage Kody to divorce Meri to have her kids adopted (which I still think is ridiculous) or did she do it to make sure that she was the only one who was still married whether spiritually or legally?

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

Thanks for the interesting information on the AUB @CherryBelly. It was interesting to read. You mentioned that the Browns may be kicked out but can still be considered true believers. If that’s the case, their marriages for instance might still “exist” in their universe. But I wonder what the AUB would make of things they could easily see on the show that go directly against their teachings and beliefs. For example: Kody’s confession  on tv that he isn’t into polygamy anymore. Kody seems to interpret the rules to suit his needs and conveniently ignores the ones that don’t suit him.

Also, Kody and the wives have openly accepted both Mariah and Gwen and support them (thank goodness for that!) The AUB might acknowledge that some people ‘feel this way’ but they would certainly not accept living an open homosexual life and would probably do everything in their power to convert Mariah and Gwen (like most fundamentalist cults) From this point of view, the show has probably literally been a life saver for those two! Imagine having to be someone you’re not and suppress your real self….

Lastly, most of the adult kids have chosen their own paths away from the AUB and some seem to have completely moved away from religious life. Again something their church would not take lightly. This is such a close-knit and secluded/guarded community. 

I guess we’ll never find out unless one of us is willing to sacrifice him/herself and joins the AUB for some proper sleuthing😉 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Kody seems to interpret the rules to suit his needs and conveniently ignores the ones that don’t suit him.

And has done so pretty much from the beginning.  After the first season they really got away from pretty much everything with a religious theme except the horrible clothing.

50 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Kody and the wives have openly accepted both Mariah and Gwen and support them (thank goodness for that!)

I think it's more like they PUBLICLY accepted but behind closed doors it's another story.  If they were so supportive, why are Pudge and Audge clearly avoiding all association?  I honestly don't thing Meri is all that accepting but she has to be for the cameras.

52 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Lastly, most of the adult kids have chosen their own paths away from the AUB and some seem to have completely moved away from religious life.

At least it shows how smart the kids are and how stupid the rules are if you have half a brain and are not afraid to question things.  Sadly those brainwashed folks we've seen in shows like Escaping Polygamy are zombies who will never get out.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

After the first season they really got away from pretty much everything with a religious theme except the horrible clothing.

Though they switched to different horrible clothing.  Like spaghetti strap tank tops over bare skin or ugly bra straps instead of over "modest" long-sleeved T-shirts. Though I never found the under-sized sausage-casing long-sleeved Tees to be very modest.  And the leggings, often see-through without underwear, immodest.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

The Browns wouldn't be considered apostates if it wasn't their choice to leave the church. Apostasy is when you know the 'truth' i.e whatever the church teaches but then turn your back on it. I don't think the Browns did that, I think a few of them are still true believers.

Brady Williams was a bishop in the AUB but left with his 5 wives and after he did, the leaders were teaching from the pulpit that he was a son of perdition who was leading his wives to hell because since turning his back on the church, they were all adulterers as he only had one legal wife and the church no longer recognised his spiritual marriages and considered them unsealed.

I don't think that happened with the Browns if they were kicked out but didn't choose to reject the church. But I get the impression that although Kody is a believer, he kind of does his own thing spiritually these days anyway so who knows what he chooses to believe these days? 😂

Gotta love it when people or organizations think others' salvation goes through them.  'You disagree with me? You're leading your wives to hell, then'!  Because 1. Salvation for sure depends on what other people think, and 2. Women are irrational and child-like, therfore must be led to heaven or hell.  Can't get anywhere on our own!  🙄  Unfortunately the majority of the women in these groups have been raised to believe this about themselves.  

• Love 12

It seems that Meri and Janelle, against all odds, are doing a pretty decent job within their  MLM businesses of Plexus and LulaNo. (Just based on the rumours on the internet, posts out here and  SM posts like a recent one of Janelle where she was honoured and called a Diamond level.) So, let's assume this is true and both do make a few hundred K per year... And Robyn still makes....0.... and neither does kody (apart from the sale of a gun every now and then)

Do you think any of this goes to the McMansion? AKA do Janelle and Meri fund the lazy and lavish lifestyle of King Kody and Queen Robyn? Particularly since Robyn still doesn't do anything at all, despite the fact that her kids are now older? Where would Kody and Robyn's recent loans against their house fit in? I highly doubt they're still that huge united front where all goes into one pot and is then equally divided over the families. The ties have gone too sour for that  and they no longer act as a family either. I suspect they'll only share the costs of commonly owned stuff like that nightmare piece of land they own.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

It seems that Meri and Janelle, against all odds, are doing a pretty decent job within their  MLM businesses of Plexus and LulaNo. (Just based on the rumours on the internet, posts out here and  SM posts like a recent one of Janelle where she was honoured and called a Diamond level.) So, let's assume this is true and both do make a few hundred K per year... And Robyn still makes....0.... and neither does kody (apart from the sale of a gun every now and then)

Do you think any of this goes to the McMansion? AKA do Janelle and Meri fund the lazy and lavish lifestyle of King Kody and Queen Robyn? Particularly since Robyn still doesn't do anything at all, despite the fact that her kids are now older? Where would Kody and Robyn's recent loans against their house fit in? I highly doubt they're still that huge united front where all goes into one pot and is then equally divided over the families. The ties have gone too sour for that  and they no longer act as a family either. I suspect they'll only share the costs of commonly owned stuff like that nightmare piece of land they own.

I don’t think they share money on anything except plague prairie, but I do think Kody does better than we think on his sales.  I don’t think Robyn contributes anything financially other than what she’s paid for the show and that only goes to her and her kids expenses.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t think they share money on anything except plague prairie, but I do think Kody does better than we think on his sales.  I don’t think Robyn contributes anything financially other than what she’s paid for the show and that only goes to her and her kids expenses.

Fully agree, Kody must have more income flow than they publish on the show.  Even private lenders need to see an ability to repay mortgage loans.

His sales at gun shows and possibly mail order may be far greater than we think.  When the program first aired, they were involved with another MLM, LIV products, if they are still active in that they may be high enough up the pyramid to be reaping big benefits there.

As devoted as Meri and Janelle are, I just don't see them as dumb enough to contribute anything from their outside businesses so that Kody and Robyn can live in splendor, while Janelle gravitates from a trailer to scrambling for a winter rental and Meri has been ousted from how many rentals since the move to Flagstaff.

• Love 14

My guess, and I have nothing to base this on, is that Janelle and Meri separately live off their own MLM scams and Robyn lives off TLC money. I would further guess that most, if not all, of the TLC money goes straight into Robyn and Kody's coffers. This is all pulled out of thin air, of course, I have no way of knowing what's actually going on.

• Love 7

IMO, if the TLC money is divided equally amongst the adults, Kody and Robyn are combining theirs for their household and then supplementing with whatever Kody makes from his side job.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, LilyD said:

Nah I don’t think the other wives give Rob/Ramen anything.

• Love 7
On 5/19/2022 at 11:24 AM, LilyD said:

It seems that Meri and Janelle, against all odds, are doing a pretty decent job within their  MLM businesses of Plexus and LulaNo.

Just read back my own post and am now wondering what got to me when I used the words decent job and MLM in one sentence☺️🙃 Brains do funny things when you’re very tired but can’t sleep….Glad that the sentence as a whole within that context made perfect sense!

• LOL 13
(edited)

Kody and Robyn spotted out at a bar Tuesday night dancing… he has no time to go hiking with Janelle and his kids… he has frisky times with Robyn to take care of..

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Kody and Robyn spotted out at a bar Tuesday night dancing… he has no time to go hiking with Janelle and his kids… he has frisky times with Robyn to take care of 

https://youtu.be/SUdT59LxyaM

Wow look at them go! Kody 100% prefers Robyn. They truly seem like soul mates and appear very happy together.

I think if Meri and Janelle left, he would probably be relieved (at least Meri anyways, she comes off as way more needy and dramatic than Janelle). 

• Love 11

Remember Kootie dancing at Aspyn's wedding in that short kilt?  

3 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

Kody is such a terrible dancer but he thinks he's great!

All he does is throw his partner around the dance floor.

What a putz!

He IS a giant putz!  The Chyn rilly rang his bell.  Not one of the other three had this kind of devotion.

Polygamy sucks, period.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)

It would not surprise me if Robyn is pregnant again.  It is part of how she's kept Kody  tethered to her.

Having a baby at 44 sounds tiring.  And that means when their 'dark haired boy' would graduate from high school Robyn would be 62 and Kody would be 72.  

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

It would not surprise me if Robyn is pregnant again.  It is part of how she's kept Kody  tethered to her.

Having a baby at 44 sounds tiring.  And that means when their 'dark haired boy' graduated from high school Robyn would be 62 and Kody would be 72.  

It’s probably not as tiring when you have a Nanny, the Nanny’s husband, 3 grown children living at home, a s****** dancing husband, a horribly-dressed distant ex-sisterwife supplying your family with stale Rice Krispie treats, and a slew of Precious Moments collectibles to help.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1

I don't think Robyn wants to be pregnant ever again.  She's also entered the range where pregnancy is unlikely and the miscarriage rate is high and increasing daily.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Remember Kootie dancing at Aspyn's wedding in that short kilt?  

Nooooooooooo!!!!  😖🤮

I bleached that image out of my brain and now it’s back again!!!!!  You’re an evil woman Xword!! 
😂😂😂

• LOL 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Wow look at them go! Kody 100% prefers Robyn. They truly seem like soul mates and appear very happy together.

From what he writes about his marriages in their book, this really comes as no surprise. He married both Meri and Christine because it was expected of him and they really wanted to marry him (per his own words, not mine 😉) Janelle's marriage always seemed "convenient". Someone who wanted to try the polygamy adventure and wouldn't cause any issues. Robyn must have been the first he really married out of love and passion.

Edited by LilyD
shortened lengthy post
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, LilyD said:

He married both Meri and Christine because it was expected of him

I always thought he said that to hurt Meri. When you watch the first seasons, Meri and Kody seemed very much in love, they even called themselves "lover". And just by watching the snippets of their wedding video you would think they were very much  in love, they were giddy and smiley and looked very happy. And the way he looked at her is just the way he looks at Sobyn now.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, CherryBelly said:

I think he was really in love with Meri but it was a dysfunctional relationship but he didn't know just how dysfunctional it was till he met Robyn and they had the show. We've seen Meris anger, gaslighting, defensiveness, and manipulation on the show. I don't think Kody could've put a name to those behaviours in the first 20 years of their marriage but now he can. Once Meri was planning to leave but it fell through and she gas-lit everyone about it and made herself the victim, I think that was it for Kody. 

THIS. Wish I could like this a thousand times. You hit the bullseye with this one. 

I agree, at first Kody loved Meri, but as you explained, the anger, manipulation, bullying and then “victimhood” completely killed it. Robyn also was very pretty, had a more bubbly personality and, although she’s manipulative, she’s stealth about it. She’s quite the opposite of the lumbering, abrasive, always-on-social-media show-off that is Meri.

I gotta hand it to Robyn. Except for her failure to produce tears when she “cries”, she’s played this well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
7 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

I think he was really in love with Meri but it was a dysfunctional relationship but he didn't know just how dysfunctional it was till he met Robyn and they had the show. We've seen Meris anger, gaslighting, defensiveness, and manipulation on the show. I don't think Kody could've put a name to those behaviours in the first 20 years of their marriage but now he can. Once Meri was planning to leave but it fell through and she gas-lit everyone about it and made herself the victim, I think that was it for Kody. 

This was about the only time I liked Kody….I don’t think any of these people, with the possible exception of Janelle, is cut out for polygamy, but when the Sam debacle blew up, it slowly dawned on Kody “She (Meri) was gonna leave my ass!”, and he was absolutely right.  I’m not going to lie, but seeing his hamster make it all the way around the wheel to compose that thought was delicious.  Not because a marriage broke up, but because it really took him that long to figure out a neglected wife, if given the opportunity, might jump at the chance to run off with a “nice, younger, idealistic, vegan billionaire”(yes, I know that description is ridiculous) lol.

Kody: She was gonna leave my ass!

Audience: (after watching for 27 years): No, shit, Sherlock!  She was definitely going to strut her ass out in a too tight toddler vest right into the arms of a fictional vegan billionaire.

Meri: I wasn’t really leaving, I just wanted to show “him” I had really dry skin and liked produce.  It’s not like I sent him a picture of me fellating a Rice Krispie treat! Now that would have been cheating! I just wanted Mariah to go to Disney and meet a billionaire…I thought he might invest in MSWC.  Vegan billionaires love tacky over-priced jool-ree.  It’s not fair, Lover! I was rilly doing it for the fambly. 

Robyn: Koooo-dee, it wasn’t for the fambly.  *Pulls out Hobby Lobby tri-fold presentation board with pictures of bananas 🍌to gently explain why*  She was going to give up her Rice Krispie treat  cookie to the vegan billionaire.  I didn’t realize you’d finally get it after all these months, so I didn’t think to contact Rewrite Your Family History Portrait Studios, so here’s a makeshift collage of Meri’s wedding certificate with her name wited-out and mine written overtop of it and a photoshopped baby pic of Mariah with Day’un’s head superimposed.  It’ll be ok.

Kody: But who could be better a better husband than I am?

Audience: Anyone…literally anyone.

Robyn: Koooo-Dee, what’s wrong? What’s happening?  What is that liquid coming from your eyes? What are those?

Kody: They’re tears, Robyn.  They’re tears

Robyn: Tears?? Tears?? Never heard of her.

And I think that’s when Kody and Robyn both stopped pretending they weren’t just a monogamous couple with several co-workers living next door. Robyn always felt that way and I don’t think by that point cared who knew it, but Kody wasn’t going to get “embarrassed” like that again. As much as we give Robyn credit for being devious, Meri did all the heavy lifting for her.  Despite all that, I do think Kody fell in love with Robyn, and I think Robyn fell in love with the lifestyle.  The TLC lifestyle that is.  I really think Kody gets on her nerves a lot and I don’t think she expected to get stuck with him 100% of the time.  I think she expected to have him maybe 70% of the time and have his wallet 100% of the time.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 20
  • Love 4

I have wondered about Kody's behaviour when he is just with Robyn and her kids. It seems that a lot of his tantrums are (unfairly) triggered by the other (ex) wives and their kids. If Robyn and the kids simply let him be King of the Castle, he may be less erratic and sort of OK to be around with.

As some pointed out, Robyn seems to have found a way to work with his frantic behaviour and is able to manipulate him into bending to her will. She knows when to tell him he's right and what he wants to hear while at the same time, she's gently pushing him into a certain direction.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Kody & Robyn dancing (?) the night away

Haha, I know that's what Kody calls "dancing", but to me it looks as if he's trying to throw Robyn away. Or yanking her arm off. Or giving her whiplash. Anything but dancing.

• LOL 9

Miss wipe-down-the-mail, who is also Miss I'd-never-go-to-a-bar is in a bar without a mask? Gasp! 

He is definitely a one trick pony when it comes to "dancing". He's so terrible at it, which (dear god help me) makes me think how terrible he must be at other um.. "activities"

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
On 5/29/2022 at 8:32 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Having a baby at 44 sounds tiring.  And that means when their 'dark haired boy' would graduate from high school Robyn would be 62 and Kody would be 72.  

Robyn looked bigger in that pic. 

• Love 3