Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Kbo said:

It makes me think of that scene in the Sopranos where the mom brags to one of her kids friends about her Lladro figurines, not knowing that the friends family was seriously wealthy. Robyn came from humble beginnings, I wonder if those figurines give her a feeling of “I’ve made it”. 

Like Kody with his harem, he went for quantity over quality.  Robyn may feel it's impressive to have an accumulation of little figurines rather than one important piece of art. 

The parallel would be having one ideal spouse rather than an assembly of 4 disgruntled, neglected, wives and 18 kids that he can't possibly properly appreciate or care for.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
41 minutes ago, Kbo said:

It makes me think of that scene in the Sopranos where the mom brags to one of her kids friends about her Lladro figurines, not knowing that the friends family was seriously wealthy. Robyn came from humble beginnings, I wonder if those figurines give her a feeling of “I’ve made it”. 

Any time I see a mention of Lladro, I’m reminded of that episode of The Nanny where Fran’s rich aunt Frida is bragging about all her ‘Lardo’ porcelain lol 😂 

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Or Hyacinth Bucket’s Royal Dauuulton 

Well...Robyn does also have (on a lower shelf) quite a lot of "Old Country Roses" by Royal Albert.

I will admit it is one of my favorite "classic" china patterns, however if you have the old and the new side by side they are very different and the newer ones look like knock offs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

image.thumb.jpeg.514bc03bafb5466034b42b18fd666282.jpegEven more figurines… they’re literally everywhere! 
I’m not sure what puts me off more: The huge amount of figurines everywhere, or the complete chaos of figurines mixed with books, ornaments, pictures? I don’t know where to look, it drives you crazy!

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

I used to love going to antique shops and browse, you could find some cool treasures and sometimes get a good deal on something that turned out to be worth a lot more, but once Antiques Roadshow started to air, everyone inflated their prices and now it seems that even some of the antique stores by me are selling shit at top dollar that you normally would find at a garage sale.

Looking at the Brown house, why are their no curtains on the rods? It does look stupid, and I was searching for my favorite Brown Family heirloom  

image.png.7b63de20b52d79db07650f7b48c18d60.png 

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, LilyD said:

image.thumb.jpeg.514bc03bafb5466034b42b18fd666282.jpegEven more figurines… they’re literally everywhere! 
I’m not sure what puts me off more: The huge amount of figurines everywhere, or the complete chaos of figurines mixed with books, ornaments, pictures? I don’t know where to look, it drives you crazy!

I got curious and looked up Lladro figurines...people actually pay in the thousands for those tchotchkes? Disclaimer: I HATE CLUTTER.

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I used to love going to antique shops and browse, you could find some cool treasures and sometimes get a good deal on something that turned out to be worth a lot more, but once Antiques Roadshow started to air, everyone inflated their prices and now it seems that even some of the antique stores by me are selling shit at top dollar that you normally would find at a garage sale.

Looking at the Brown house, why are their no curtains on the rods? It does look stupid, and I was searching for my favorite Brown Family heirloom  

image.png.7b63de20b52d79db07650f7b48c18d60.png 

Didn't the She-Devil replace Christine's kids with this picture of Kootie and her spawn?

Cringe.  So.  Wrong.  Who in their right mind does this shit?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

The figures above "Brown" look a lot like some are the Willow Tree figures. Lots of like "sisters at heart" and "the love of a mother and daughter" type options in that line (and available easily at Hallmark/Hobby Lobby type stores)

• Love 9
On 1/14/2022 at 9:04 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Didn't the She-Devil replace Christine's kids with this picture of Kootie and her spawn?

Yep, that’s when I first started thinking that there was something seriously wrong with that woman! I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing. (Does anyone remember what episode this was in?)

It wouldn’t surprise me if a picture of this truly exists but then with Jessop instead of Kody. Obliterating and rewriting history at its best!

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Yep, that’s when I first started thinking that there was something seriously wrong with that woman! I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing. (Does anyone remember what episode this was in?)

It wouldn’t surprise me if a picture of this truly exists but then with Jessop instead of Kody. Obliterating and rewriting history at its best!

It seems to me that the scuttlebutt at the time was that the "inspiration" for this picture was taken from a photo of Kody with Christine's? kids.  Apparently there was an existing photo of Kody with a group of one of the other wives kids and the image portrayed of Kody in Robyn's abomination was the same.  I guess Robyn found that to be the most flattering picture of Kody so she just ran with that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I will admit it is one of my favorite "classic" china patterns, however if you have the old and the new side by side they are very different and the newer ones look like knock offs.

Yeah, the newer ones have fewer details and louder colours. It may be an old fashioned Canadian thing to do, but my great grandmother, grandmother & mother (born from ~1860-1930) didn't have full matching place settings. Instead they had plain sets of dishes and then as wedding and birthday presents would get one or a pair of teacups with saucers. As a kid I loved to pick out a different pattern each time we had tea & they had a pair of Old Country Rose. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Kbo said:

That was a good episode… the mom bragged about her Lladro to the girlfriend and the girlfriend lived in a gated mansion with a guard house and Picasso paintings and other famous artwork on the walls 😂 they were legit millionaires not just a mobster with cash.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is that what she did?..dang she is even worse than I thought. The Kody pictured here still was sperm dropping on other wives while poor poor Robyn was apparently living in a shack on wheels with no heat, raking up VS bills with the person who took her chasity and perhaps her cookie (if its one in the same) away...god she is insufferable

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

It was at the adoption party 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

As for the figurine collection (again!)

Why does she have all those different collections? Hummel, Precious moments, Lladro, Royal Albert? That to me proves, that she isn't a a serious collector who knows what she's doing. Focus on one or two lines and try to get the best and rarest if you want to be serious.  She's accumulating, not collecting.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Collections should be multiplied not divided, I guess!

When God refused to give Robyn a rennel, they had to buy this mansion with odd cutouts in the wall (probably designed to fit the original owners' stereo components and other specific art pieces).  When her first collections didn't fill all the nooks & crannies, she probably bought more "collectibles" to fill the spaces. Perhaps she needs a nanny so one of them can perpetually dust the dust collectors while the other wrangles the kids. Dusting was my chore as a kid and even though my mother had few tchotchkes, when I got my own places I always made sure they had doors on the kitchen and other cabinets throughout!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, LilyD said:

She's accumulating, not collecting.

Apparently that's what she does best. She has successfully accumlated all of Kody's love, money and attention....not to mention legal wife.

• Love 12
On 1/16/2022 at 5:02 AM, LilyD said:

As for the figurine collection (again!)

Why does she have all those different collections? Hummel, Precious moments, Lladro, Royal Albert? That to me proves, that she isn't a a serious collector who knows what she's doing. Focus on one or two lines and try to get the best and rarest if you want to be serious.  She's accumulating, not collecting.

My armchair analysis with Robyn.

Janelle has stated openly that she is an "emotional eater". It's easy to do behind closed doors, late at night after the kids are in bed.

Robyn is an "emotional owner". She buys these things that are "aww..it represents love to a mother/brother/sister/daughter" so she must own it. Or it holds a memory of such a moment. Lather rinse and repeat. She needs to feel love, she needs to feel worth. So she has these tangible things that she can look at and touch and get that feeling of "oh, I am loved, see this thing in my hand that shows the emotion I am trying to conjure. Yes. I feel the love because I can see an image of it."

She has also been seen with a big digital camera through the years.  I have a feeling that she has many terabytes of photos. That way she has "proof" of the event and smiles and happiness to show just how picture perfect everything is. Those photos can be the memories she fills her brain with so that they cover over whatever it is deep inside of her that is empty and needs erased. Her strangle hold on Christmas and the need that it is "perfect" to the point of ordering everyone what they can and can not discuss during her Christmas is very telling. Bad Christmas(es?) are in her past and she is desperate to make sure her kids don't experience any kind of "bad" on Christmas, yet...it makes you wonder if her hyper focus on perfection then becomes its own dysfunction and conjures its own toxicity towards the holiday within her children.  (...spoiler alert...it does)

Of all of them, Robyn may be the most in need of therapy. But real therapy where you are honest with yourself and I don't think Robyn can be honest with herself.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

But real therapy where you are honest with yourself and I don't think Robyn can be honest with herself.

Real therapy takes a lot of inner strength and even courage (ask me how I know lol) - qualities Robyn seems to lack. Of course we only see what is aired but I seem to remember she weasled out of several of the Nancy sessions. Not that that was real or effective therapy but....

• Love 15

This has most likely been covered but I was shocked to find out Robyn has written 3 books? And one was a best seller!! How does someone who says kidses and puts es on any word ending in s write a best seller?? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Pooky said:

This has most likely been covered but I was shocked to find out Robyn has written 3 books? And one was a best seller!! How does someone who says kidses and puts es on any word ending in s write a best seller?? 

The "NYT best seller" that she refers to is the jointly written Becoming Sister Wives that all 5 of them participated in, although I believe it was ghost-written with input from the Brown's.  Not sure about Kody, Christine and Janelle, but Meri also lays claim to being a best-selling author as just one of her many accomplishments.

Someone researched at one time and the children's books written turned out to be an entirely different Robyn Brown.

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The "NYT best seller" that she refers to is the jointly written Becoming Sister Wives that all 5 of them participated in, although I believe it was ghost-written with input from the Brown's.  Not sure about Kody, Christine and Janelle, but Meri also lays claim to being a best-selling author as just one of her many accomplishments.

Someone researched at one time and the children's books written turned out to be an entirely different Robyn Brown.

Thanks for clarifying. I found it hard to believe lol. I read she was estimated to be worth double the other wives due to her books... but let's face it the internet can be unreliable! 😁😁

Edited by Pooky
Error
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Pooky said:

Thanks for clarifying. I found it hard to believe lol. I read she was estimated to be worth double the other wives due to her books... but let's face it the internet can he unreliable! 😁😁

The book was on the bestseller list for a few weeks 11 years ago. I would hope most people who are interested in it would buy it used or get it at the library. At most they probably get maybe $1 for every new book sold and I think that's an overestimate. 

ETA!!! For those of you who MUST read it, the book is on the Internet Archive and you can check it out for free - just go to Archive.org and search for Kody Brown Becoming Sister Wives. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 11
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

The book was on the bestseller list for a few weeks 11 years ago. I would hope most people who are interested in it would buy it used or get it at the library. At most they probably get maybe $1 for every new book sold and I think that's an overestimate. 

ETA!!! For those of you who MUST read it, the book is on the Internet Archive and you can check it out for free - just go to Archive.org and search for Kody Brown Becoming Sister Wives. 

Sadly I own it lol. I got it years ago at a car boot sale thou! Didn't pay full price 😁

• LOL 10
On 1/18/2022 at 11:10 PM, Pooky said:

Sadly I own it lol. I got it years ago at a car boot sale thou! Didn't pay full price 😁

Well, you're not alone lol. And you're welcome to join me and start our own SW snark site if we're banished from here for having a copy....

• LOL 10
23 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Well, you're not alone lol. And you're welcome to join me and start our own SW snark site if we're banished from here for having a copy....

Thank you LilyD! Hopefully the others will forgive us and overlook it 😂🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 1/18/2022 at 5:10 PM, Pooky said:

7 hours ago, LilyD said:

I will admit that I also own a physical copy.  Also purchased used for a whole $1.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I will admit that I also own a physical copy.  Also purchased used for a whole $1.

Same! 😆

I could not have lived with myself if I'd bought it new, because then I'd be contributing to the Victoria's Secret fund.

I don't mind wasting money on clothes for myself, but I'll be damned if I'm buying crotchless panties for Robyn!

• LOL 18
On 1/14/2022 at 12:35 PM, onatrek said:

The figures above "Brown" look a lot like some are the Willow Tree figures. Lots of like "sisters at heart" and "the love of a mother and daughter" type options in that line (and available easily at Hallmark/Hobby Lobby type stores)

Yep, I agree.  I have two on my desk and I absolutely love them.  Got them at a Hallmark store too!  lol  But they look like my daughter, who is mixed, so it's hard to find stuff that looks like "her".  And one is an angel and the other is holding a cat - again, just like my daughter.  

I can't imagine collecting this stuff with no personal attachment to it!  And having collections of various shit all over the place!  

• Love 5
On 1/18/2022 at 2:10 PM, Pooky said:

Me, too. Mr. Kbo mocked me so much I finally stuck it in the closet and I’ve never gotten around to actually reading it 😊

• LOL 10
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

Your banana avatar makes me smile every time I see it. 😊 thanks

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Just saw the clip for the part 2 of the tell all. In response to the host commenting Robyn gets the brunt of the criticism or everyone dumps on her (or something to that affect). Robyn responds by saying “because I get along with Cody” as she rolls her eyes. I think Robyn missed the point….it’s not that the other wives don’t get along with Kotex it’s that HE doesn’t get along with THEM. She’s so self centered she can’t even see it. 

• Love 22

Robyn is stringing Meri along and telling her there is still hope w Kody as she does not want to be left alone with him. She wants his love and to be Mrs Brown but she wants to be able to ship him off when she needs a break. Jenelle is a flight risk and Christine is out. She needs to keep Meri in her pocket to be a Kody-sitter when she wants alone time   She just needs to convince Kody of this

• Love 13