Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

Took this quote from @Awfarmington from the live thread to here since it's now closed: 

Why is Robin acting like she has no idea how to behave as a monogamous wife. Is her ex husband now erased completely from her mind?

She also magically restored her cookies didn't she? So, it makes sense to erase the husband who was to blame for losing them in the first place. 

I'm still dying to hear where  her three kids then came from. I'm sure she attributes this to divine intervention, but she was probably advised not to say so on tv as that would definitely have angered a lot of people!

I've also just realised that, with this mindset,  Robyn CAN send her girls off to college as boys are obviously not to be blamed for losing cookies....

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Oy she looks awful. See a doctor girl!

I agree, and it's not just the neck thing...look at her face. Yes she has gained some weight, but when you see a full shot of her, it doesn't seem to me that she's gained enough to make her face this much wider than it used to be. 

She's puffed up like a bullfrog. 

Oh wait, doctors mean insurance, and money spent on your health and not just showy, fun things...so, yeah, probably won't happen.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I agree, and it's not just the neck thing...look at her face. Yes she has gained some weight, but when you see a full shot of her, it doesn't seem to me that she's gained enough to make her face this much wider than it used to be. 

Oh wait, doctors mean insurance, and money spent on your health and not just showy, fun things...so, yeah, probably won't happen.

For the Dark Queen, it may happen if anyone acknowledges the problem. There is something definitely going on with her neck. 

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Love 13
Just now, Gramto6 said:

For the Dark Queen, it may happen if anyone acknowledges the problem. There is something definitely going on wit her neck. 

Yes, for Miss Super Special Kody would make it happen no matter the cost. Of course, that assumes they would trust an actual doctor...they're so weird about that. Maybe they're trying every roadside IV tent they come across first! 🤣

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Yes she would have to cut back on the Victoria's Secret purchases. You know the place where she and Kody go to shop for her special long leg pj's. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Or maybe they do want to see a doctor but they won’t because of big financial trouble? I’m just guessing now, but I doubt Robyn will be done with a one off short consultation.  And after all the medical examinations, comes a life-long supply of medicines (if it’s indeed her thyroid). That’s going to be expensive without insurance and without jobs.

We’ve discussed this before but Robyn isn’t working at all, Kody stopped working when Covid turned into a pandemic. They have kids in college, a 100% mortgage on an expensive house and land that needs to be paid off. TLC’s pay check isn’t going to foot those bills which is probably why they took out yet another loan of 150k as our sleuths here found out.
The more I think of it, the more I’m convinced they can’t afford it and will only use doctors as a last resort (i.e. a matter of life and death) 

• Love 12

I beginning to wonder if Kody and Robyn keep all of the TLC money for themselves and the other families get nothing. You know their reasoning would be well we have the 2 youngest children and 7 years ago Sol had RSV so it wouldn't be safe fo either one of us to leave the home to take a job. So sorry we need the money to pay our mortgage.  God I wish that either Christine, Janelle or one of the adult sons would spill the beans on the financial details of the "family." For the life of me I don't understand why Janelle would live in an RV while Kody and Robyn live in a $900,000 house. And at least on the show she has never voiced any dissatisfaction with this. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13

When everyone else was packed up and waiting to drive in a convoy of 17 vehicles to move to Flagstaff, Robyn was in her kitchen taking her time organizing pills, which looked mostly like vitamins & supplements. Then she said she needed to take a shower and that Areolabella of PoopyPants needed a bath before they could leave. Maddie & Caleb said F-this, we aren't waiting any longer and got on the road.

Robyn probably has some quack selling her more such stuff.  Or Janelle might be selling her Plexus.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

For someone uneducated Robyn sure is brighter than I have ever given her credit for, look what she has accomplished! Head wife and the only legal one, a mansion to live in that the other wives pay for.. one wife up and gone, and all the "kidses" to keep Kody permanently around.. 

• Love 12
On 1/7/2022 at 8:28 PM, deirdra said:

When everyone else was packed up and waiting to drive in a convoy of 17 vehicles to move to Flagstaff, Robyn was in her kitchen taking her time organizing pills, which looked mostly like vitamins & supplements. Then she said she needed to take a shower and that Areolabella of PoopyPants needed a bath before they could leave. Maddie & Caleb said F-this, we aren't waiting any longer and got on the road.

Robyn probably has some quack selling her more such stuff.  Or Janelle might be selling her Plexus.

Every time she has moved other people have had to come help her pack up.  I haven't moved often, but every time I get rid of a lot of stuff, so I don't have to move it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Pooky said:

For someone uneducated Robyn sure is brighter than I have ever given her credit for, look what she has accomplished! Head wife and the only legal one, a mansion to live in that the other wives pay for.. one wife up and gone, and all the "kidses" to keep Kody permanently around.. 

She didn't do it alone. She has had her mother as her guide and mentor.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

Robyn may have some smarts, but she is not as smart as she thinks, just smarter than Kootie. All the non-Robyn kids & wives have her figured out and aren't falling for her attempts to manipulate them any longer.  And her own kids have figured out what to say & do to appease her (when she can see/hear them, at least; I'd enjoy seeing Day'un or Breanna roll their eyes or mimic Robyn's gestures & contorted expressions when her back is turned).

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Robyn may have some smarts, but she is not as smart as she thinks, just smarter than Kootie. All the non-Robyn kids & wives have her figured out and aren't falling for he attempts to manipulate them any longer.  And her own kids have figured out what to say & do to appease her (when she can see/hear them, at least; I'd enjoy seeing Day'un or Breanna roll their eyes or mimic Robyn's gestures & contorted expressions when her back is turned).

I would love to see Janelle or Christine grab Robyn or Kody by their ringlets, look them straight in the eyes and shout out that line from the movie Network..."I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!"

That may be just enough drama to ensure them one more season.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
On 12/28/2021 at 9:48 AM, Sasha888 said:

Well, she certainly has complained over the years about how no one helps her with her kids, hasn't she! I think she absolutely expected that she was gaining a bunch of babysitters when she married into this.

She never stops to think about what she was offering. This is not at all like the arrangement Janelle and Christine had, where they had roughly an equal number of children, at roughly the same ages, and one says "I will work full time and bring home that paycheck for us" and the other says "Okay, I will watch all of the children so you can do that."

Was Robyn going to offer up a full-time paycheck, as Janelle did, for all that babysitting she was expecting? HA HA HA! No way. Nor was she going to share child rearing responsibilities with Christine - which is why I mentioned J & C's kids being near the same ages above...Robyn expected to come in and have other moms help with her very small kids, while those other moms would need little help from her, because their children were mostly self-sufficient teenagers.

What a sweet deal for you, Robyn! No working OR exchange of childcare duties!

And then Kody has the nerve to imply that the other wives aren't being team players when they don't want this kind of shitty deal.

When one of Christine's kids didnt want to go see Hunter wrestle?? Kody asked Robyn if she could watch the kid.. she reluctantly agreed but you could see she didn't want to at all. Then she expects help.. she is a terrible sister wife who only ever wanted Kody

• Love 11

Didn't Robyn actually refuse to watch a kid that was not hers?  I don't remember the situation exactly, but I think one of the girls wanted to stay at Robyn's instead of going with her mother someplace, and Robyn wouldn't let her.  She is not a team player.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Didn't Robyn actually refuse to watch a kid that was not hers?  I don't remember the situation exactly, but I think one of the girls wanted to stay at Robyn's instead of going with her mother someplace, and Robyn wouldn't let her.  She is not a team player.

Yes, I remember that. And it was Savanah, who would have been no trouble at all.

• Love 13

image.png.5f362d1733c88ca31ca626cf65f0ee46.pngimage.png.0e0b5e4d7f7a36b8c3e8e9e884369b26.png

So...those two pictures from Robyn's not so expensive interior from Douche Manor are interesting to pick apart....  I always wondered what happened to Robyn's priceless and hideous figurines, but there they are!  Does anyone have the faintest idea of what type of figurine she actually collects? 

All of her furniture looks like it came from someone who tried to auction off the furniture from her great-grandmother's house. It's old-fashioned and frumpy  The porcelain dishes and plates look like stuff my grandmother had. I guess it fits Robyn's frumpy taste. 

Then there's Robyn's interesting choice of 'art'. I would have expected boring pastel landscapes of green meadows and ugly old fashioned gilded frames, but not the brightly coloured stuff that's on the wall. And why put them all together like that? It's not wall paper that needs to cover an entire wall! You can do that with pictures and create a fun look but you can't do this with paintings! 

When I compare Robyn's first Utah rental to her LV house and then to this one, I note a mismatch of all kinds of furniture in every house. But in Utah it was cheap mainstream stuff that you could get in almost every cheap furniture store. She evidently got rid of it when she moved into her LV house where she had a few ok bits but the first frumpy items started to show up. Over the years you could clearly see how she collected more and more of this crap, not to mention all the figurines. Now she finally has the space to display all her treasures. In Robyn's mind, she must have collected lots of precious and valuable antique furniture.....

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, lindalouwho said:

Don’t forget that they bought Douche Manse fully furnished, and then moved Robin’s treasures in on top, without getting  rid of much. I seem to remember those bright paintings belonging to the prior owners.  

Ah, thank you! I just asked this in a different thread. I thought I remembered this. I wonder where they stored all of their other furnishings and etc, as Robyn's LV house was pretty packed with things, too. The manse is large, but large enough for two houses full of crap?

All the wives have so. much. stuff. It makes me want to clear my own house out every time I watch this show.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Kody and Robyn probably got a bill from U-Haul for $47,879.45 for the accrued amount of time that they left the trucks filled with their crap out on Coyote Pass, and decided to finally empty it all into Robyn's mansion.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Some pictures from the listing:

71CF886C-3659-4FAC-BB9F-BD8B67DE0D56.jpeg

75F02FF3-7E88-463C-A4AF-64B7F0E71E90.jpeg

How did they get the house to look like it has really great light? Can all those little recessed can lights add that much to it? It always looks gloomy and dark when they are filming/being filmed.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

How did they get the house to look like it has really great light? Can all those little recessed can lights add that much to it? It always looks gloomy and dark when they are filming/being filmed.

Realtor photos are geared to present the house in the best possible way, maybe waiting for the time of day that natural light hits those big windows.

The camera crew, with the latest technology for light, maybe deliberately lights the house in a way to create an aura of gloom, reflecting viewer's attitude to Robyn's nest.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

It looks like the Brown's painted that little "art" alcove to match the fireplace? I'm not a fan of that color, it has too much of a green undertone for me.

Edit: and why is the one painting on the edge of the fireplace wall at the ceiling? 

0B09DD91-B269-4612-B44D-71F3FF1E2CB1.jpeg

11B18B90-5996-4D0B-AB35-F151374FA00B.png

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Edit: and why is the one painting on the edge of the fireplace wall at the ceiling? 

That's the one that bugs me the most. She saw a tiny space and had to cram a "pitcher" into it (and a clock under that!). Way in a corner and way up at the ceiling...UGH! What the hell Robyn. 

She's a tacky bitch who has trashed a beautiful home.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
On 1/9/2022 at 5:52 PM, Pooky said:

When one of Christine's kids didnt want to go see Hunter wrestle?? Kody asked Robyn if she could watch the kid.. she reluctantly agreed but you could see she didn't want to at all. Then she expects help.. she is a terrible sister wife who only ever wanted Kody

So one of the reasons they gave during the adoption was that if anything happened to Robyn, the kids wouldn’t have to go back to their birth father. My question is, at this point in time, if Robyn died what do you think would happen to the kids really? Kody won’t physically take care of them and none of the wives seem inclined to either. Maybe Meri, if Kody will remarry her?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

That's the one that bugs me the most. She saw a tiny space and had to cram a "pitcher" into it (and a clock under that!). Way in a corner and way up at the ceiling...UGH! What the hell Robyn. 

She's a tacky bitch who has trashed a beautiful home.

Is that the clock Kody bought her when he went shopping with his 4 mothers-in-law? You know, where he got Janelle the sign saying "I Kiss Better Then [sic] I Cook"

Edited by Teafortwo
  • LOL 11
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

It looks like the Brown's painted that little "art" alcove to match the fireplace? I'm not a fan of that color, it has too much of a green undertone for me.

She may have been trying to one up Christine who had a "liberry" in the LV house and this would be Robyn's idea of an art gallery, where one could pull up a comfy chair and reflect on the accomplishments of the various artists, purchased directly from Walmart or Michaels.

The off-kilter piece of art may be hung there as there was already a hook in that spot and Kody wasn't home to move it at the very minute Robyn needed it hung.  Too pretty to cook, far too pretty to use a hammer.

Edited by Sandy W
corrected Mykelti spelling of one of the too's
  • LOL 13

Who would have ever thunk Robyn the Rube would have a (tacky, weird) art gallery in her $1 M home?  

Didn't Kootie once say he had two wives that had an overabundance of stuff?  Meri broke him in, and Robyn is riding that hobby horse now.  Lucky her!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Didn't Kootie once say he had two wives that had an overabundance of stuff?  Meri broke him in, and Robyn is riding that hobby horse now.  Lucky her!

Doesn't Robyn have a collection of Hummel figurines? Or a newer (and probably tackier) version of collectable figurines?  I wonder which room they are gathering dust in.

My grandmother had a couple of Hummel figures, probably given to her by her MIL; one looked like my father as a boy and the other like his brother, so they had sentimental value and were a tasteful topper to the birds-eye maple console radio cabinet.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

Douche Mansion isn’t my style and all the colors are very dated and dingy looking but it looked a million times better before Robyn moved in.. it’s shocking how awful it looks now!

Why did she remove all the curtain toppers that softened the look of all those large windows and leave bare curtain rods? Looks horrible!

6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

The Browns probably can’t afford the electricity bill if they turn on the lights 💡

And…why did they need the plywood wine barrel table?… there’s plenty of room at the original table for them to have thanksgiving dinner with Meri 🤔 

04DCFEE0-0CC0-48A0-BF25-6698DFB713FC.jpeg

C4E368A2-F8E3-40B6-96D8-D801119F241B.jpeg

9ABBF3B7-CB0A-49AE-8691-3ADEF826EA4C.jpeg

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Doesn't Robyn have a collection of Hummel figurines? Or a newer (and probably tackier) version of collectable figurines?  I wonder which room they are gathering dust in.

My grandmother had a couple of Hummel figures, probably given to her by her MIL; one looked like my father as a boy and the other like his brother, so they had sentimental value and were a tasteful topper to the birds-eye maple console radio cabinet.

I think Robyn has a collection of Precious Moments figurines.  Speaking as an antique dealer, I can say that the market for all collectible figurines has dropped dramatically, with the exception of a very few rare examples.  At an auction last year, they could not get an opening bid of even one dollar each on a collection of Precious Moments, still with the original boxes.  I bought the lot of about 30 pieces for less than $20.00, not because I thought I could resell them, but I gifted them to someone that did collect them so they could fill in the blanks of their collection or use them as traders for ones they wanted.

Most young people of today, those 60 and under, simply don't want the clutter and care required to maintain these collections (and yes, I am that old that I consider 60 year old's "young people"), they would rather put their disposable income to things like travel, quality appliances for their homes, original art, fine jewelry...items that may enrich their lives rather than an accumulation of mass produced figurines. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

Random but I guess it’s been a while since I clicked this thread because it brought me to pages from 2016… when the conversation was about *why* Robyn would need a nanny. 5+ years later and it’s like nothing has changed

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Douche Mansion isn’t my style and all the colors are very dated and dingy looking but it looked a million times better before Robyn moved in.. it’s shocking how awful it looks now!

Why did she remove all the curtain toppers that softened the look of all those large windows and leave bare curtain rods? Looks horrible!

The Browns probably can’t afford the electricity bill if they turn on the lights 💡

And…why did they need the plywood wine barrel table?… there’s plenty of room at the original table for them to have thanksgiving dinner with Meri 🤔 

04DCFEE0-0CC0-48A0-BF25-6698DFB713FC.jpeg

C4E368A2-F8E3-40B6-96D8-D801119F241B.jpeg

9ABBF3B7-CB0A-49AE-8691-3ADEF826EA4C.jpeg

Look under the original table in the bottom pic: it's got a barrel! I bet she is just using her own grandma chairs with that same table.

They must be really tall irl l, because in the middle pic, they've got another clock?/plate and painting up at the ceiling. Why is the etagere (at the far right of same pic) placed like that? I can't tell what's on it, but I want to do this to it:

82F4A478-180E-4C87-8BF8-07098ED37A9C.gif.29af5400586e8f6175371b86f1f50b63.gif

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

Most young people of today, those 60 and under, simply don't want the clutter and care required to maintain these collections (and yes, I am that old that I consider 60 year old's "young people")

My mother bought my sister a Lladro for her wedding anniversary. Mom made a huge deal about my sister starting her "collection" and how lucky she was to be getting a Lladro. My sister was really nice about it, but it just sits in our grandmother's old curio cabinet with some of the Hummels that we inherited from my great aunt. No one in their 40's has even heard about Lladro or really wants one.

Robyn's house was so filled with stuff that I'm assuming she kept all the furniture that was already in the house and then added her stuff on top of it. Haven't they been in that house for at least a year when that Thanksgiving episode was filmed? I can't fathom how anyone lives with that much clutter everywhere, with furniture, stuff on the walls, etc. It's too much.

Solomon seems like a really sweet boy who is screwed in that family unless he can figure out a way to be raised by Christine.

• Love 13
On 1/11/2022 at 1:10 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

It's the focal point and ties the whole room together...

• LOL 23
  • Love 1

TLC just posted a bonus scene on Instagram that is just horrible. Robyn really tossed Janelle and Christine under the bus about Thanksgiving, and made it sound like the other siblings don't care if they see their father. Robyn actually got a good edit during the episode. What a bitch.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

It's the focal point and ties the whole room together...

Ohhh I know why Robyn has "pitchers" and things so high on the walls! It's so she has something to look at when her eyes are rolling heavenward (like in her TH's)when she's just "sittin' here" thinking of how to frame her nefarious plans so Kodork believes they're his own ideas.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Awkward sentence I just made more awkward. Apologies, I need more caffeine
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1

Precious moments figurines or Hummel figurines, whatever...I think they're absolutely hideous, but very Robynesque, so I can see why she's so drawn to it. 

Poor Robyn btw..I think @Sandy W has just shattered her dreams of having created a potential gold mine inheritance for her kids! In a few years, they'll have to pay money for someone to take them away! So far for valuable collectibles....

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, LilyD said:

So far for valuable collectibles....

The minute something is dubbed a "collectible"...........it isn't.  People run around like idiots snatching crap up and storing it away only to find out that there are a zillion of them out there an nobody wants them. Cases in point:  Beanie Babies, Longerberger baskets, limited edition Barbies, collectible plates, sterling silver anything.  Add Hummels and Precious Moments figures to the list.  

2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Ohhh I know why Robyn has "pitchers" and things so high on the walls! It's so she has something to look at when her eyes are rolling heavenward (like in her TH's)when she's just "sittin' here" thinking of how to frame her nefarious plans so Kodork believes they're his own ideas.

Excellent observation.

• Love 15

It just dawned on me that Robyn does read SM and magazines and is very much aware of what is said about them. Robyn said: “I know that every other person in the world would sit there and question that but I did not sign up to this family to just have Kody in my life.”

So, she knows what everyone thinks about her. And apparently it’s discussed among family as well (Robyn’s mom called her the Brown family scapegoat so they have talked about it too.

• Love 13
On 1/12/2022 at 5:40 PM, LilyD said:

Precious moments figurines or Hummel figurines, whatever...I think they're absolutely hideous, but very Robynesque, so I can see why she's so drawn to it. 

Poor Robyn btw..I think @Sandy W has just shattered her dreams of having created a potential gold mine inheritance for her kids! In a few years, they'll have to pay money for someone to take them away! So far for valuable collectibles....

Don't waste your time with the figurines.  I have my mother's Hummels.  they are worth NOTHING.  And my dad always bought the first born neice Precious Moments.. AGAIN.. worth nothing.  I can't with a whole heart throw out my mother's Hummels.  She is still here and so are they.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

It makes me think of that scene in the Sopranos where the mom brags to one of her kids friends about her Lladro figurines, not knowing that the friends family was seriously wealthy. Robyn came from humble beginnings, I wonder if those figurines give her a feeling of “I’ve made it”. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8