Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone know what Robyn's thoughts were around Ysabel's surgery. I mean she has 4 moms, and Christine has 3 sister wives. I feel that Kody was a complete cold hearted prick in not supporting his daughter and wife, but where were the rest of them?

This season coming up is supposed to cover the surgery storyline, so there is really no way to know what Robyn may have thought about it since she isn't active on social media.  Plus since it was covered on the show, they won't be allowed to give details because of their contracts.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
On 11/4/2021 at 5:48 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I will look forward to listening to it...can you recommend a particular podcast that you got the best laughs from?  Thanks!  I can't wait.

I think episode 107 might've been the one where Cory (the host) sings "I Will Survive" in Robyn's voice?  I'm not sure, he usually impersonates her at least once every ep.  I also thought the wife on the podcast was a bit annoying at first, but I love the husband's dry sense of humor and the way she seems to genuinely react to his thoughts with laughter.  I'm impressed that he has the insights that he does regarding the wives - the wife (Carly) has watched the show since it began, but for Cory, it's his first go-round and many of his thoughts are pretty spot-on.

On 11/6/2021 at 8:22 PM, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone know what Robyn's thoughts were around Ysabel's surgery.

Robyn: Which one is Ysabel again?  Fetch my slippers, Kody.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2

I'd recommend watching every episode twice ( if you can bear it!) The first time to watch what they say and the second time to watch what they actually mean. Don't forget to pay attention to the background: That's where you'll see kids rolling their eyes, a wife's annoyed or surprised face, etc. 

But I must say that this worked best when the older kids were still part of the show. 

• Love 10

It is also good to watch with the sound off and just pay attention to the body language. I think it was the first episode last Fall when the wives & Kootie were all in a restaurant and daggers were shooting out of his eyes whenever one of the wives spoke, even Robyn.  He looked thoroughly disgusted with them all.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Season 3: Q&A

Kody about having a fifth wife: “It’s almost an absolute no!”
Robyn glaring his way with a slightly open mouth and looking a little shocked:“You’d better not be interested in a fifth wife!”
Followed by a big smile and: I’m gonna strangle you!”  

I remember seeing this scene the first time years ago and wondering if she actually meant this as a joke or whether she was showing her true colors. Back then, I decided that she must have meant it as a joke. But now… I’m not so sure about that anymore. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 9/21/2021 at 6:46 PM, iwantcookies said:

Nothing hides a big gut/belly. Nothing.

Or my problem area, a big hieny, and plump thighs.  Dadgum Irish in me!  😛

Or, that could be from my love of Pumpkin Spice Lattes!  Shhh, tell no one!  🥰 🥰

• LOL 12
On 11/18/2021 at 1:07 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Neither one looks that good now.  Kootie's aging in dog years, and Robyn ain't no sexy young thang (if she ever was) any more.  They deserve to drive each other nuts.

I noticed that about Robyn, but Kody doesn’t look terrible (as much as I dislike him, credit where credits is due). I thought Robyn was super cute and vibrant at one time—now, aging and stress have taken a toll on her. She looks tired, sallow and puffy. Girl needs a gym and and some spa time. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I noticed that about Robyn, but Kody doesn’t look terrible (as much as I dislike him, credit where credits is due). I thought Robyn was super cute and vibrant at one time—now, aging and stress have taken a toll on her. She looks tired, sallow and puffy. Girl needs a gym and and some spa time. 

I wonder if Robyn has a thyroid issue or something. Her neck looked a little bigger or swollen, or something.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

She should ask Janelle for some Plexus.

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2021 at 2:35 AM, LilyD said:

Season 3: Q&A

Kody about having a fifth wife: “It’s almost an absolute no!”
Robyn glaring his way with a slightly open mouth and looking a little shocked:“You’d better not be interested in a fifth wife!”
Followed by a big smile and: I’m gonna strangle you!”  

I remember seeing this scene the first time years ago and wondering if she actually meant this as a joke or whether she was showing her true colors. Back then, I decided that she must have meant it as a joke. But now… I’m not so sure about that anymore. 

Well now it would only be a fourth wife again, like she was, and that was OK.  So I hope he considers it, just to watch her seethe.  I do wonder if he would do that to secure future seasons?  That real estate isn't going to pay for itself.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, eskimo said:

Well now it would only be a fourth wife again, like she was, and that was OK.  So I hope he considers it, just to watch her seethe.  I do wonder if he would do that to secure future seasons?  That real estate isn't going to pay for itself.  

There has been some speculation that Kody Brown with ‘only’ 3 wives wasn’t interesting enough to start a reality show; that the whole Robyn-show was started because of the show. I do think that Kodouche is capable of a lot, but I also find this theory rather far-fetched.
But…that’s just me. If he’s seen out hunting again, then I’d happily accept this as proof that he did so the first time as well.

• Love 5

I often cut Robyn a little more slack than most people do, and I think sometimes it's because she stays off social media. I'm not bombarded with the excruciating minutiae of her life during the off season.

But after just one episode, I am more than ready for Robyn to shut the hell back up again.

If Kody hates that Meri plays victim all the time, why does he like it so much about Robyn? She's always a victim of something.

Also I thought he didn't like how manipulative Meri was...what the hell does he call it when Robyn tells him to "not let Christine know" that she said no to moving to Utah? Just make sure she knows the answer is no, but you know, it wasn't ME or anything! That's not lying or manipulative? 

She basically tells him "here's what needs to happen, but you take the rap for being the bad guy so I look good" and the horny idiot says "Yes dear!"

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

ack, I'm guessing those things were brought up during the episode, I wish there had been spoiler tags.

I guess I'm totally confused by this...once something has been brought up on an episode, why would it need a spoiler tag?

Also each wife's thread contains their social media posts and real-time information, and pretty much everything goes, so unless I am misunderstanding, this a "spoilers allowed" thread, right?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

I often cut Robyn a little more slack than most people do, and I think sometimes it's because she stays off social media. I'm not bombarded with the excruciating minutiae of her life during the off season.

But after just one episode, I am more than ready for Robyn to shut the hell back up again.

If Kody hates that Meri plays victim all the time, why does he like it so much about Robyn? She's always a victim of something.

Also I thought he didn't like how manipulative Meri was...what the hell does he call it when Robyn tells him to "not let Christine know" that she said no to moving to Utah? Just make sure she knows the answer is no, but you know, it wasn't ME or anything! That's not lying or manipulative? 

She basically tells him "here's what needs to happen, but you take the rap for being the bad guy so I look good" and the horny idiot says "Yes dear!"

Robyn is definitely Meri 2.0, Kody just hasn't figured this out yet. It took him nearly 20 years to figure out how manipulative Meri was and she's not as subtle as Robyn is. And with Christine gone Kody has no one left to hint about Robyn, because Meri sure as hell won't and Janelle is too busy liking her wifey position right now.

Another thing (among a zillion others) that is bothering me about Kody - I find him to be very disrespectful and almost bragging when talking about where his and Meri's relationship is at. And I really think the true problem is, is that he can't get past his ego to know if he even likes her again after she 'cheated'.

But anyway, we get it, he's not into her, time for him to STFU.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Another thing (among a zillion others) that is bothering me about Kody - I find him to be very disrespectful and almost bragging when talking about where his and Meri's relationship is at. And I really think the true problem is, is that he can't get past his ego to know if he even likes her again after she 'cheated'.

I'm sure that is the case.  He should just tell her that; though perhaps he thinks he did when he said he cannot sleep with someone he doesn't love.  But Kootie did delight in telling Surveyorman "these are my four wives".  He is more interested in impressing strangers than his own family members.

Why didn't he just get the surveyor to put in stakes at all of the property corners, then each of the wives could walk out the properties on their own.  Kootie looked ridiculous when he was running and looking up at the trees while trying to approximate the property line and hurry the wives on.

Kootie seems to have picked out the huge bare lot for Janelle. How long before he tells Meri & Christine that they cannot have the other lot next to the "pond" (dry during this ep) because he does not want to live next to them?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I'm sure that is the case.  He should just tell her that; though perhaps he thinks he did when he said he cannot sleep with someone he doesn't love.  But Kootie did delight in telling Surveyorman "these are my four wives".  He is more interested in impressing strangers than his own family members.

Why didn't he just get the surveyor to put in stakes at all of the property corners, then each of the wives could walk out the properties on their own.  Kootie looked ridiculous when he was running and looking up at the trees while trying to approximate the property line and hurry the wives on.

Kootie seems to have picked out the huge bare lot for Janelle. How long before he tells Meri & Christine that they cannot have the other lot next to the "pond" (dry during this ep) because he does not want to live next to them?

And Meri was tickled pink that he said that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Anyone think Robyn might possibly have the beginning of a goiter, sometimes her neck looks a bit bulging...maybe not, but I've noticed that before too.

She's another person that often has a lot to say but very little content.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, endure said:

Anyone think Robyn might possibly have the beginning of a goiter, sometimes her neck looks a bit bulging...maybe not, but I've noticed that before too.

People on this forum have been mentioning that for a couple of years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 11/8/2021 at 5:15 AM, laurakaye said:

I think episode 107 might've been the one where Cory (the host) sings "I Will Survive" in Robyn's voice?  I'm not sure, he usually impersonates her at least once every ep.  I also thought the wife on the podcast was a bit annoying at first, but I love the husband's dry sense of humor and the way she seems to genuinely react to his thoughts with laughter.  I'm impressed that he has the insights that he does regarding the wives - the wife (Carly) has watched the show since it began, but for Cory, it's his first go-round and many of his thoughts are pretty spot-on.

Robyn: Which one is Ysabel again?  Fetch my slippers, Kody.

I decided to give the podcast a try and tuned into the episode you mentioned…. Omg 😆 😂🤣 I laughed so hard when the husband sang “I will Survive” it was comedy gold! 
I enjoyed the whole show and will definitely listen again, thanks for the recommendation 👍🏻

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Thanks, I figured it had to be noticeable to others too, I googled it after I posted and saw others have commented online.

Edited by endure
  • Love 4
On 11/23/2021 at 2:18 AM, endure said:

On 11/23/2021 at 2:22 AM, Cetacean said:

True, but it is progressively getting worse. When I look at Robyn, I see my mum. She’s got Hashimoto’s disease. And if she has this, it would also explain her sleeping habits. (Well, if there’s any truth in that rumor.) But Hashimoto’s is notorious for messing up your hormones and making you feel exhausted.

Some people may laugh at us doctoring out here. Does anyone know “Flip or Flop”? During one of the first seasons, a nurse was watching and noticed a lump in Tarek’s neck/throat. She contacted HGTV with her concerns and it turned out that he had cancer!

Edited by LilyD
Grammar
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

True, but it is progressively getting worse. When I look at Robyn, I see my mum. She’s got Hashimoto’s disease. And if she has this, it would also explain her sleeping habits. (Well, if there’s any truth in that rumor.) But Hashimoto’s is notorious for messing up your hormones and making you feel exhausted.

Some people may laugh at us doctoring out here. Does anyone know “Flip or Flop”? During one of the first seasons, a nurse was watching and noticed a lump in Tarek’s neck/throat. She contacted HGTV with her concerns and it turned out that he had cancer!

On a whim, my husband and I watched the old Thanksgiving episode of SW...remember painting the corn cans for centerpieces??

Robyn was pregnant with "baby sister" and the beginning of her swollen neck was clearly evident.  That was the time when she really changed and always seemed out of breath and her eyes just became lifeless.

Also...it was interesting to watch an older episode after the recent ones.  Wow... what a difference.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Robyn was pregnant with "baby sister" and the beginning of her swollen neck was clearly evident.  That was the time when she really changed and always seemed out of breath and her eyes just became lifeless.

Also...it was interesting to watch an older episode after the recent ones.  Wow... what a difference.

This is such an excellent way to describe it. She absolutely changed. The Robyn we know now is a shell of the former Robyn. Though of course, life stress in general can do that to a person too. Also yes, the older episodes are actually better to watch now - knowing what we know now. 

• Love 8

I have mixed feelings when I watch the older episodes. In a way, they make me sad: that happy family of the first few episodes and their dreams…. All gone now. The kids happy at home, and us knowing they’d lose it soon and again a few years later, how the adults haven’t aged gracefully in looks and behavior…

But I do quite like to watch and analyse their behavior. Meri’s downfall and Robyn’s rise to power for instance, all their stupid decisions and the consequences they would have in the future…

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I have mixed feelings when I watch the older episodes. In a way, they make me sad: that happy family of the first few episodes and their dreams…. All gone now.

Well, before you get too sad about it, remember that this was all hooey.

In the earlier seasons, they were trying to sell polygamy really hard, but their family was never the way they were trying to portray it back then, if you ask me.

I think living under the thumb of Meri as HBIC was as bad or worse than Robyn, and Kody was just as big of an ass back then as he is now, he was just hiding it a little better for the cameras. Also, his wives were helping him hide it for the cameras then, and now, some of them aren't. They are showing how miserable they are instead of hiding it.

It makes for a darker show, to be sure, but it's more honest. 

I think this family has been a dysfunctional mess since day 1, long before any cameras started rolling or Robyn came along. 

• Love 19
On 11/22/2021 at 11:21 PM, GeeGolly said:

Robyn is definitely Meri 2.0, Kody just hasn't figured this out yet. It took him nearly 20 years to figure out how manipulative Meri was and she's not as subtle as Robyn is.

Manipulate: control or influence (a person or situation) skilful, cleverly or unscrupulously.

This definition clearly shows the differences in how Meri and Robyn operate: Meri is anything but skilful or clever. She just screams, cries and demands. All focussed on  why she has the right to something without any sense of fairness or moral compass.

Robyn on the other hand, is a lot more subtle as you noted too. She cleverly plays the game without drawing too much attention to her. She also cleverly makes use of the underdog position and seems willing to compromise and give up, which is a huge NO in Meri's dictionary.Robyn often says "Well, if nobody wants to do it, I'll do it." or "you can have mine if it makes you feel better?" None of the sister wives ever takes up her "offer" because it makes them feel guilty and Robyn gets Kodybrownie points for being so nice. Manipulation at its best!

• Useful 3
  • Love 18

We all seem to see the similarities between former HBIC Meri and current HBIC Robyn...and we also seem to see the differences, like how Robyn is more subtle.

The thing is, I don't think Kody will see it. Maybe not ever.

R & M both want to get the most for themselves (money, time, etc) and both want to be the one who tells Kody what to do, but Meri has always tried to do that bulldozer-style. I can imagine her back in the old days throwing big hissy fits...lots of crying and hand waving and drama, cornering Kody for talks about how she deserves more than the others, because it's not her fault her spirit babies aren't real, etc. Meri has no real logic behind her arguments...I'll never forget her ugly cry-face declaration on the show of "But I LIKE NICE THINGS!" when she wanted something (like other people DON'T like nice things???). 

She is a big ball of emotional need and entitlement, and I think for years Kody gave her things just to shut her up. But he resented it, and eventually it cost Meri everything.

I'll bet you that when they are in private, Robyn doesn't come at him like that at all. Kody doesn't respond well to emotional women. She comes at him all sweet and nice, she explains calmly why her ideas are the best ideas, why these are just things she needs and she hates to ask for them, but of course, in the end he should do what he thinks is best because he's the big strong man (eyelash flutter).

Kody comes away feeling like it was all his idea.

For instance if they wanted more time with him, Meri would probably start in on him with things like "You don't spend enough time with me! It's not FAIR!!!", cry cry cry, etc. It's accusatory, and emotional. The very things that Kody hates. Robyn's way would be "You know sweetheart, the other day when you were at Christine's, Ariella was standing at the window, looking so forlorn, waiting for you to come home...it was so sad...I don't know what we could do about it, do you?" 

Kody is dim to start with, and he's madly in love with her to boot. He doesn't want to see what she's doing.

I think when we get to the episode where we see Robyn's list of Covid rules, we're going to see her true genius. There's going to be things on there that have nothing to do with Covid and everything to do with freezing the other wives out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

We've been discussing when Robyn changed. I am trying to remember if Robyn was so highly religious? spiritual? prior to her hollow transformation? In the early years, I know she waxed on about "in our faith" and polygamy - but did she always talk about being directed, blessed, favored by God in the early years? Her change makes me wonder if there was a crisis point in her life that we didn't see. Maybe something with Ariella's birth? Maybe something with Aurora's dramatic panic attacks? Maybe Dayton struggles so much more than we know. Something has brought her to the knees. She's always been protective of her children and she's always enjoyed being the new/best in Kody's eye. She's always maneuvered to achieve her wishes. I think she's always seen herself as a mediator, maybe even a savior in the family. But something now seems to make her feel more reserved, isolated, and honestly fiercely protective of "her" nuclear family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I rewatched a few epsiodes of Season 7, where they meet with the "investors." Robyn's biggest objection to Meri's decision to go back to college (instead of spending 100% of her time on "customer service" ie shipping the ugly jewelry), was that Meri might develop ties to people outside the family. Over and over, Robyn says how she feels Meri will distance herself from the family by furthering her education, and she (Robyn) wants to keep everyone together. This is what Robyn now seems to be doing with her older kids, as others have noted here. It was interesting to be reminded that she has always wanted to maintain a sort of insularity with the family, and that encompassed Meri. As if she owned Meri, in a way.

Meri's decision to go back to school, and Robyn's anger over it made me start to think that possibly Robyn used this as the rationale for initiating the divorce. I've never thought that divorcing Kody was Meri's idea. I'd speculate that Robyn told Kody point blank that if Meri no longer wanted to devote herself to Robyn's "family business" it showed her disloyalty and the two of them cooked up the divorce as a punishment. In short, Robyn felt betrayed by Meri and getting Kody to divorce her was payback. I'm sure he didn't take much convincing, since he "loves" Robyn (insofar as he is capable of love) and planned to have more children with her.

It's sad that the catfish started hooking Meri while she was in that one semester of college in the spring of, I think, 2015. She may have taken one course the previous fall - she talks a about going back in the fall during Season 7 episode 1 "Polygamists in a Shark Tank) but iirc the "Sam" business started around Feb 2015 and the divorce happened in late summer or fall 2014. 

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I rewatched a few epsiodes of Season 7, where they meet with the "investors." Robyn's biggest objection to Meri's decision to to back to college (instead of spending 100% of her time on "customer service" ie shipping the ugly jewelry), was that Meri might develop ties to people outside the family. Over and over, Robyn says how she feels Meri will distance herself from the family by furthering her education, and she (Robyn) wants to keep everyone together. This is what Robyn now seems to be doing with her older kids, as others have noted here. It was interesting to be reminded that she has always wanted to maintain a sort of insularity with the family, and that encompassed Meri. As if she owned Meri, in a way.

Meri's decision to back to school, and Robyn's anger over it made me start to think that possibly Robyn used this as the rationale for initiating the divorce. I've never thought that divorcing Kody was Meri's idea. I'd speculate that Robyn told Kody point blank that if Meri no longer wanted to devote herself to Robyn's "family business" it showed her disloyalty and the two of them cooked up the divorce as a punishment. In short, Robyn felt betrayed by Meri and getting Kody to divorce her was payback. I'm sure he didn't take much convincing, since he "loves" Robyn (insofar as he is capable of love) and planned to have more children with her.

It's sad that the catfish started hooking Meri while she was in that one semester of college in the spring of, I think, 2015. She may have taken one course the previous fall - she talks a about going back in the fall during Season 7 episode 1 "Polygamists in a Shark Tank) but iirc the "Sam" business started around Feb 2015 and the divorce happened in late summer or fall 2014. 

Meri is also a fault there—she was warned by a few people (including Mariah) that Sam wasn’t real. Meri could have ended that relationship easily after that, instead she bit harder—and willingly—onto that hook. Meri is partly responsible for the fallout and consequences of this. 

I did feel bad for Meri when Robyn was mean to her about college. That was super shitty of Robyn. 

• Love 10

Not to defend Robyn, but as I recall, Meri was taking one course at a time by correspondence.  At most, she completed two courses during the whole CF debacle.  By conducting courses online, she was able to squirrel away in her office and study at her leisure, not having to get up, get dressed, and travel to attend classes.  I don't think that she even completed the 2nd course as it was at the height of the Fish Fry and she probably thought why bother to improve myself, I am going to be taken care of for the rest of my life.  

I am pretty sure that Robyn had an inkling of what was going on, that Meri was spending her days composing entreaties to the CF, rather than cracking the books for her one course at a time that she was engaged in.  If nothing else, Meri is the soul of efficiency, surely she could have found one hour each day to package and ship the one or two orders pouring in for MSWC.  At the root of it, Meri no doubt resented the fact that the joolry line was Robyn's baby, she was running the show and Meri would have to be content with employee status.  This would not sit well with Meri.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Her change makes me wonder if there was a crisis point in her life that we didn't see. Maybe

Probably all of the above. If lots of (little) things keep adding up with little or no improvement, you can reach a breaking point and become depressed or get a burn-out. We’ve also discussed her health and how we suspect a thyroid issue. Thyroid diseases are known to mess with your hormones, energy levels and yes, they can affect/change behavior as well. Add to that the extra stress factors of moving and having young children.

Yes, some of the above is of her own making but this applies to many people who are going through a hard time. Also, while I have to admit that such factors can really give Robyn a hard time, there’s the fact that lots of these things are facts of life and most of us have surely experienced similar situations. It makes you stronger and wiser.….hopefully wiser…. well…maybe not….

• Love 6

Well if you think about it, why Flagstaff of all places? I mean they could have stayed in Nevada and moved maybe north, or Wyoming, Oregon, Washington..oh right, Da'yun and NAU. Robyn convinced the clan to all move to Flag for his school, she is a master manipulator and gets Kody to agree along. Last season, Kody himself said he wants to move back to Utah, then he folds when Robyn stomps her foot. She is HBIC no doubt in my mind. She should be embarrassed that she uprooted everyone to fulfill her family and disregard all the other kids wants. She is a piece of turd on the bottom of my shoe

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

Has Robyn changed? Or was TLC (and us) using to rose colored glasses in the beginning? And lets face it, peace in the family is peace for Robyn and she gets the credit in the end. But at this point I really think Robyn is letting the chips fall where they may, as long as Kody doesn't show signs of leaving.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Has Robyn changed? Or was TLC (and us) using to rose colored glasses in the beginning? And lets face it, peace in the family is peace for Robyn and she gets the credit in the end. But at this point I really think Robyn is letting the chips fall where they may, as long as Kody doesn't show signs of leaving.

Well, she doesn’t look as healthy as she once was and looks exhausted. In the past, she would come up with ideas, plans for the future, suggestions or otherwise tried to be involved. Now, her main contribution is sitting (did anyone else notice that btw?)  and respond to what others say. She doesn’t do anything at all, no gardening, no playing with the kids, no rumaging around her house. She just sits…. To me, she is a shadow of season 1 Robyn.

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure that she has changed so much, it's more like she adapted and took advantage of situations as they arose.  She is not clever enough to have entered this union with a master plan in place but she is cunning and seized opportunities when she could.  She quickly assessed the situation and realized that Meri held the reins and ingratiated herself to her.  Meri came to rely on Robyn as a sounding board when she did not have an easy rapport with Janelle and Christine. 

I'm thinking back to the instance when Meri was in a flap over the seating arrangements at Mariah's graduation ceremony, she ran to Robyn to get her to plead her case to Kody instead of appealing directly to him or better yet, quietly finding a spot for herself where she would have a better view.  When Mariah came out, Robyn was right there advising Meri on how she should react.  After all, Robyn had known gay people in her life (most likely a hairdresser she was suspect of), this apparently qualified Robyn to dispense her knowledge to best understand a child that had been raised from infancy by Meri.

It's now Janelle's turn to be the toady and carefully watch which way the wind is blowing with Robyn and govern herself accordingly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well, she doesn’t look as healthy as she once was and looks exhausted. In the past, she would come up with ideas, plans for the future, suggestions or otherwise tried to be involved. Now, her main contribution is sitting (did anyone else notice that btw?)  and respond to what others say. She doesn’t do anything at all, no gardening, no playing with the kids, no rumaging around her house. She just sits…. To me, she is a shadow of season 1 Robyn.

Could possibly be that thyroid issue that is making her so tired all the time.  Or another health issue.  I know a lady with fibromyalgia and she will do some cleaning and then not be able to do anything for a few days.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Could possibly be that thyroid issue that is making her so tired all the time.  Or another health issue.  I know a lady with fibromyalgia and she will do some cleaning and then not be able to do anything for a few days.

I have both of these things. Both are exhausting, to the point where you almost can't explain this kind of fatigue to someone who hasn't experienced it themselves. Some people think you are just "tired" but it goes WAY beyond that.

I hesitate to guess what's going on with Robyn, but she's at around that age where these kind of things crop up. I did not have any neck swelling myself, but I do see what you guys are saying when you speak about Robyn's neck changing...it's hard to say of course.

If she has anything that causes that kind of fatigue, then I feel sorry for her having to chase after an active 4 year old. I can't imagine.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Could possibly be that thyroid issue that is making her so tired all the time.  Or another health issue. 

Which brings us right back to the irresponsibility of this group of grifters to eschew any kind of health insurance.  If they quit buying property that is a money and acted like adults she might have had some sort of a thyroid work up by now.  God knows enough people have commented on her possible goiter.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I did feel bad for Meri when Robyn was mean to her about college. That was super shitty of Robyn. 

I wonder if Robyn's "worry" that Meri would be lured by the outside world while taking one course at college was filmed after the cat-fishing had started and she knew Meri had already been lured by the outside world.  TLC is very loose with the time lines.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I think she has really changed.  She was active with the MSWC up until it all just stoppped in March 2019 and she just disappeared off all SM. On camera when she talks she has a breathlessness to her speech. I remember seeing her standing and talking recently (the show or a clip...) and she reached out to steady herself. Her eyes are lifeless when she talks and as @Tuxcat mentioned she also seems much more pious than any of the others, especially in the last seasons in Flagstaff. She has a different way of communicating and seems to sit and listen vs inserting herself as the "all knowing and family expert" on every subject. Most likely she gets all the info from asking quiet questions and then puts her opinion (in her magickal way of speaking to Kody) into Kody's ear so that he can then make it his opinion.

2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I have both of these things. Both are exhausting, to the point where you almost can't explain this kind of fatigue to someone who hasn't experienced it themselves. Some people think you are just "tired" but it goes WAY beyond that.

I hesitate to guess what's going on with Robyn, but she's at around that age where these kind of things crop up. I did not have any neck swelling myself, but I do see what you guys are saying when you speak about Robyn's neck changing...it's hard to say of course.

If she has anything that causes that kind of fatigue, then I feel sorry for her having to chase after an active 4 year old. I can't imagine.

I have Chronic Fatigue with no known reason. I can usually gauge my day after I get out of bed and know if it is a day I can get things done or if I just need to accept it and be happy with the bare minimum. It is an exhaustion like no other. I suspect whatever may be ailing her, Robyn can't seem to keep her own house running even with 3 older children now that she doesn't have Mindy at her side. If I remember correctly Mindy moved in not long after they moved into the Vegas houses and so Robyn really has never NOT had help since Solomon was born until the move to Flagstaff. 

Edited by Roslyn
ETA...no known medical reasons...I have my own suspicions.
  • Love 10

Nasty thought bubbling up now: Was there more than one incentive for Robyn (apart from Dayton) to pull the family out of Vegas?  

In the latest episode she suddenly started whining that Ari and Sol could ‘t be without dad for two weeks. But in that cul-de-sac Kody would be close by all the time, simply by being next door, but he would be away an awful lot too! Everybody was claiming his attention, even on assigned days and nights, he could be gone. So near, yet so far away…. (Me being philosophical now)

Then there was this sudden decision to move. Robyn was the first to put that house up for sale and the first who sold. How convenient was that? On to find a house where the others wouldn’t be so near. I’m sure she calculated on the fact that Kody would be less willing to go see Christine and Meri when he had to drive to them. And she was right. All she had to do was get a mansion and make sure the others left or had no suitable house (Janelle) for King Kongdy…

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12