Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Robyn Brown: Her Sisterwives Have a Closet!

39 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suspect that there were some good times with Kody long ago when the kids were young, wives were young, HE was young......I think he’s burned out.  No doubt he’s always been high energy, but now he seems distressed.  

Sleep deprivation, Robyn drama.  His old ass.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 4

Went down a Robyn rabbit hole. It is now plainly clear why nothing makes sense and these people are odd, at best.

Mindy Jessop is Robyn’s “step-niece,” if such a term actually exists, outside the inbred world of polygamy. Mindy’s mother is Lisa Sullivan. Lisa Sullivan is a daughter of Paul Howard Sullivan Sr (Robyn’s stepfather) and Robyn’s “other mother” Carol Sullivan. Robyn's mother is Alice Fullmer. Mindy’s father (Lisa Sullivan’s husband) is Michael Jessop. Michael Jessop is a son of Morris Y. Jessop.

Most viewers will recognize the surname “Jessop,” as the same as Robyn’s ex-husband, and erased father of three of her children, Dayton, Aurora, and Breanna. David Preston Jessop is Mindy’s second cousin. In case anyone is wondering, David Jessop is also…

1st cousin & 2nd cousin of Christine Brown [1st cousin through Christine’s father Rex Allred, a half-brother of David’s mother Mary Diane Allred; 2nd cousin through Christine’s step-grandmother Ethel Jessop, a sister of David’s father Louis LaMar Jessop] 

1st cousin of Meri’s “other mothers” Shirley & Judy 

3rd cousin of Kody Brown

“Mindy is Robyn’s niece, and she has been babysitting Robyn’s kids for a few years now.”

Anyone think Robyn was paying Mindy for her babysitting services, or would this be put under the "grifting" category? 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Went down a Robyn rabbit hole. It is now plainly clear why nothing makes sense and these people are odd, at best.

Mindy Jessop is Robyn’s “step-niece,” if such a term actually exists, outside the inbred world of polygamy. Mindy’s mother is Lisa Sullivan. Lisa Sullivan is a daughter of Paul Howard Sullivan Sr (Robyn’s stepfather) and Robyn’s “other mother” Carol Sullivan. Robyn's mother is Alice Fullmer. Mindy’s father (Lisa Sullivan’s husband) is Michael Jessop. Michael Jessop is a son of Morris Y. Jessop.

Most viewers will recognize the surname “Jessop,” as the same as Robyn’s ex-husband, and erased father of three of her children, Dayton, Aurora, and Breanna. David Preston Jessop is Mindy’s second cousin. In case anyone is wondering, David Jessop is also…

1st cousin & 2nd cousin of Christine Brown [1st cousin through Christine’s father Rex Allred, a half-brother of David’s mother Mary Diane Allred; 2nd cousin through Christine’s step-grandmother Ethel Jessop, a sister of David’s father Louis LaMar Jessop] 

1st cousin of Meri’s “other mothers” Shirley & Judy 

3rd cousin of Kody Brown

“Mindy is Robyn’s niece, and she has been babysitting Robyn’s kids for a few years now.”

Anyone think Robyn was paying Mindy for her babysitting services, or would this be put under the "grifting" category? 

Somehow I stumbled upon her Linkdin account awhile back and she had listed that she was a Nanny for Kody Brown Entertainment. So I'm guessing she was being paid. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Does anyone know how long her store has been closed?  It is an online store so it isn't like COVID closures would affect it.   I would rilly like to know how much money they made/lost on this.  I have always thought they may have been a little bit,  not enough for cover mortgages, but maybe a little spending money.  Maybe enough to go out to eat?

This season Kody is refusing to let AuroraBrieanna get a dog.  Meri makes a statement that Kody doesn't like dogs.  Janelle has dogs, Meri frequently has Moseby staying with her, and Christine bought a puppy for Gwen. 

In a couch session in an episode in a season long, long ago Robyn talks about not wanting pets in the house because of their bathroom habits.  It is Robyn that doesn't want the dog.  I am actually surprised Kody is covering for her, but I guess I shouldn't be because he makes his refusal all about him, his ranch background, and his clothes.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

28 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Does anyone know how long her store has been closed? 

You mean the loser joory business?  It's been offline since before they moved to Flagstaff. I'm thinking maybe a year or more before the move.  And I doubt they ever made a penny with that debacle.  After Sobyn "minused" out what it cost to buy that ugly crap I would imagine they were in the hole.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

On 4/23/2021 at 9:46 AM, Twopper said:

Does anyone know how long her store has been closed?  It is an online store so it isn't like COVID closures would affect it.   I would rilly like to know how much money they made/lost on this.  I have always thought they may have been a little bit,  not enough for cover mortgages, but maybe a little spending money.  Maybe enough to go out to eat?

The store closed to "restocking" permanently the same time that Robyn went dark on social media.  March 2019.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Discovered this article (2013) while searching for info on Utah's assistance programs eligibility vs paternity identification. (is kody brown listed as father on Janelle and Christine's kids). Article is ok, but check out the comments. Robyn apologists and Robyn bashers.

example:

"Kristin Schwiermann September 24, 2013 at 11:29 am 

Sorry Ed you have the Brown family all wrong. I have been like a mother to Robyn since she was in the 7th grade. She grew up with my daughter, I was the only one that knew that she was polygamist, until this show aired. The Browns do NOT live off the system, unlike those other polygamy groups. They make their own money, and pay their own bills. I have been in their new homes and they do pay for those. Yes they have struggles to make ends meet. And their kids earn scholarships into college. So don’t bring THAT family into this BAD, IGNORANT, ABUSIVE, WELFARE SCAMMING, Group!"

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2013/09/24/on-the-edge-talk-is-cheap-polygamy-isnt/#.YJP9s7VKiYk

• Useful 3
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

So, I have just rewatched quite a few episodes of this season and the one before that (Can’t believe I am admitting this to you guys!!) But the following struck me today in the “Robyn cannot find a suitable house story line”:

Kody said that they cannot find a suitable house for such a large family: They need six bedrooms and most rentals have only 4!! Huh? Since when is this a prerequisite for the Brown family?? Janelle had 4 bedrooms in Lehi and poor Christine only 3. He didn’t give a damn about it then. Oh and didn’t her LV house have “only” five? 

B&A can share as the big sisters, Sol and Ari could share for the time being (esp if it is a temporary rental) So four could work. Oh wait...Ari still sleeps in the Master with mummy. In short, there was no need for the million dollar mansion!

Edited by LilyD · Reason: Grammar
  • Like 12

I'm really interested in Robyn's comments on plural marriage. She's this self  proclaimed expert, but her mom and stepdad lived separate. The families were separate. Sullivan did a week at a time- St George or LV. 

So where does Robyn get the wisdom she constantly spews? 

I don't think she is drawing from experience, or real life observations. I believe she projects her fantasy of plyg perfection to her now family.

She has her mom's marriage as her example. Mom's marriage, imo, was waiting half her life for her husband to get to her and whip out that honeymoon phase. Every other week.

Not much different than being monogamously  married to a long haul trucker. 

Robyn explained in early episodes that she drew Kody into participating with her on projects so they worked together. In her bubble. 

In whole family settings, she draws attention to herself or her kids. 

Wonder if she watched her mom do that?

• Like 9

16 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Not much different than being monogamously  married to a long haul trucker. 

or a guy with a mistress 

• Like 6

On 3/30/2021 at 2:15 PM, laurakaye said:

Not to mention, it was Kody at the age he would have been at the age her kids were in the picture...NOT the age he was when he actually met Robyn's kids.  It's like something out of a Shirley Jackson novel.

Anyone who makes a Shirley Jackson reference gains me as a fan for life! I know there was a recent movie about her, which is on my list to watch, but have you read Private Demons? It's a wonderful biography.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I have not read the book - I did see the movie "Shirley" that starred Elisabeth Moss as Shirley Jackson.  I'm not sure how much of it was true, though.  Her story The Lottery scarred me for life as a teen...much like that pencil portrait of Kody and Robyn's kids scarred everyone in that family for life, as well as the viewers.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 2:10 PM, NoWhammies said:
On 3/30/2021 at 2:07 PM, laurakaye said:

It gives her phrase "we shoulda all been together from Day One" a much darker, sinister undertone, and she left out the part that goes "and I am going to slowly rewrite history and destroy everyone in my path to make it so."

Yep - I have always believed that the hilarious "art" Robyn had made of Kody with the three kids is actually quite sinister and showed her true intentions. Because it wasn't her kids with the fambily. It was her kids with Kody...There's a lot to unpack there.

I agree about the sinister intent and the craziness of thinking that drawing was okay; however I don't think it took much to destroy what was already a shambles. Meri and Kody were already having problems before TLC came along. Plus, in the episode where they ride Segways (was that in Seattle? I don't remember why they went there), Janelle mentions her marriage has been difficult for 20 years. I do think they were at their most functional point in Lehi, before TV and Robyn, with Christine as the glue that held them all together, but I don't think any of them, with the possible exception of mostly-checked-out Janelle were truly happy. It is clear that Robyn made everything worse. TV, however, made it possible for the kids' world opening up beyond the tight confines of the AUB, and I believe it's pretty much accepted that without the addition of a new wife, the Browns would not have been chosen for the show. I've read that they were in competition with at least one other 'plyg' fambly for the series.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I have not read the book - I did see the movie "Shirley" that starred Elisabeth Moss as Shirley Jackson.  I'm not sure how much of it was true, though.  Her story The Lottery scarred me for life as a teen...much like that pencil portrait of Kody and Robyn's kids scarred everyone in that family for life, as well as the viewers.

"Life Among the Savages," her non-fiction account of life with her husband and children, is the antidote to The Lottery. It's full of humor and wry observations. But yes, all her other books are absolutely chilling. The author of Private Demons makes a very convincing case that Jackson was a schizophrenic.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

On 3/30/2021 at 2:57 PM, Twopper said:

Instead she settled for just convincing him to divorce his legal wife to save the children from going back to the ex in the unlikely event Robyn croaks before her kids reach the age of majority.

Instead of the anthropology students who I think were actors,

I looked up the "anthropology students" and teacher on LinkedIn when I was rewatching a couple years ago. If memory serves, at least a couple of them were UNLV grad students but not in the anthro dept. I seem to recall the instructor was not necessarily their instructor in real life but someone who agreed to do the show. I don't remember their names so I can't re-check them on LinkedIn now.

• Useful 4