Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

Frikkin' whiplash! I watched a couple of hours of last season that happened to be on TLC this morning. Omg Robyn. The fact that Kody had originally thought the homes would sell immediately at full price, then when it was six months later and no takers, he agreed with Janelle about lowering the asking prices and getting out as quickly as possible. Robyn says THIS is causing her "frikking whiplash"?? Wha?  It's not like Kody changed his mind within a few weeks. 

I think the whole "fw" business was completely staged, fake fake fake, something cooked up by Robyn and Kody or production or both. They should have rehearsed this more. She's a terrible actress. (I also think the "praying for a rennal" stuff was fake too. She has to have been ecstatic over the million dollar home and the (I believe) fact that Kody planned to sell the poop land to cover it. (Remember how excited he was when he learned the land had appreciated in value.) 

Blechhhh.

• Love 8

While I agree that Robyn is a horrible actress, she cooked this whole thing up exactly as she'd planned it all along.  She wails and rends her garments and claims that Kody gives her frikkin' whiplash in order to make the other "wives" think that Robyn is just as miserable as they are with whatever stupid situation they find themselves in at the moment.  This whole inane buy/rent song and dance was just that - Robyn turned her eye booger machine up to 11 and sobbed that if they BOUGHT a house, it would just RUIN their plans to build on the Prairie Poop Pond land!  It would delay the building of their compound in the trees!  It would delay the fam'ly all being together and holding hands and skipping through the scummy pond-water, laughing and having the best time ever!  In reality, Robyn got exactly what she'd wanted all along - the biggest house, far away from her sister-wives, and Kody at her beck and call 24/7 - which, make no mistake, she's been plotting since Day One.

The truly horrible part is that the other wives have to pretend to buy Robyn's shenanigans, and that Kody willingly takes all the blame - mind you, it is all his fault, but as far as cooking up schemes together Robyn always gets to play "good cop" and forces Kody to play "village idiot."

• Love 16
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

While I agree that Robyn is a horrible actress, she cooked this whole thing up exactly as she'd planned it all along.  She wails and rends her garments and claims that Kody gives her frikkin' whiplash in order to make the other "wives" think that Robyn is just as miserable as they are with whatever stupid situation they find themselves in at the moment.  This whole inane buy/rent song and dance was just that - Robyn turned her eye booger machine up to 11 and sobbed that if they BOUGHT a house, it would just RUIN their plans to build on the Prairie Poop Pond land!  It would delay the building of their compound in the trees!  It would delay the fam'ly all being together and holding hands and skipping through the scummy pond-water, laughing and having the best time ever!  In reality, Robyn got exactly what she'd wanted all along - the biggest house, far away from her sister-wives, and Kody at her beck and call 24/7 - which, make no mistake, she's been plotting since Day One.

The truly horrible part is that the other wives have to pretend to buy Robyn's shenanigans, and that Kody willingly takes all the blame - mind you, it is all his fault, but as far as cooking up schemes together Robyn always gets to play "good cop" and forces Kody to play "village idiot."

In some ways, we have to give credit to Robyn as a master manipulator, she has brought Kody to the point where he believes the ideas are his own as she puts up her faint protests to seemingly align herself with the other wives.  We saw this also with the plans to move to Flagstaff, she subtly planted ideas with him about how unsafe LV was for the whole family, then they "happened" to take a mini vacay to Flagstaff, where she knew that courses were available to suit Dayton's needs.  She sold gullible Kody on how beneficial the clean air, open spaces and trees would be to the entire group and sat back while Kody played "bad cop" to her "good cop".

She has appealed to the male caveman instinct to protect his (HER) tribe, demonstrated when he scooped Aurora or Breanna into his arms and carried her to safety, away from a distressing conversation.  In the meantime, Christine was forced to resort to crowd-funding for her daughter's much needed surgery.  There would be no benefit to Robyn if family funds were spent for the surgery and associated costs, she may have suggested he make a few progress report phone calls while Christine was attending to Ysabel's needs, with that puckered up look of concern she is so adept at. 

I don't know how the other wives restrain themselves from calling out BULLSHIT every time one of these maneuvers is played out.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I don't know how the other wives restrain themselves from calling out BULLSHIT every time one of these maneuvers is played out.

I also don't know how they don't all collectively burst out laughing when she randomly starts to cry about something that happened before she was a part of the fam'ly...oh, wait.  Never mind, she's always been there.  My bad.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

We don't call her Dark Wife for nothing!  She's a master manipulator for sure.  Didn't @Kyanight tell us that a friend of hers has known Robyn for years, and friend said that Robo's been a spoiled princess forever, even before she became Kootie's latest notch in the bedpost?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 4/21/2020 at 2:24 PM, MonicaM said:

I believe Arizona is a community property state, which means that if Kootie owes a debt, so does Robyn, whether or not her name is on the paperwork.  There may be legal ways around this, but I'd be surprised if any of the Brown's had the foresight to look into that.  Robyn may learn a very difficult lesson if she thinks she can dump Kootie and walk away without owing a dime.

That's untrue. 

20 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I think the problem for the other three is they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't.

If they call out Robyn on her BS and sneaky moves they know she'll cry to Kody and he'll shit on them and withdraw his affection so I think they're backed into the corner and just pretend that they don't know what Robyn is up to because that's easier than a big blow up with Kody pissed at them.

Either way they're screwed (or not screwed literally lol)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

If they call out Robyn on her BS and sneaky moves they know she'll cry to Kody and he'll shit on them and withdraw his affection...

Seems as though he's already done that.  Can't see that things would be any different in that sense.  And they have him over a barrel because of the show although they will all be without an income when it tanks.  Sucks to be them.

• Love 11

I just watched an episode from season 6, I think - where Janelle runs a 5K (yeah, I had forgotten about that too)!  Janelle had been working with Trainer Sean and she'd actually lost enough weight that she wanted to run a race with the family.  Enter The Dark Queen - she wants to design the family's t-shirts!  She wants to make a logo so there will be no mistake that the Browns are one ginormous family!  She wants to support Janelle!  It's all so beautiful, you guys....UNTIL Robyn gets the shirts back from the printer.  Because, oh NO!!  She accidentally ordered Janelle an XL t-shirt!  The horror!  Janelle interviews that at the time, she had been wearing 3 or 4X.  And here comes Robyn, in front of the majority of the family, handing out t-shirts and telling everyone that she was literally up all night long worried that Janelle's shirt would be too small!  Robyn had clearly been up all night, I don't doubt that, but not with worry - she was busy practicing her "worried" face in the mirror.  Because she was just, you know, so worried.  Janelle puts on the XL shirt and while it's definitely tight, she gets it on.  Christine and Kody applaud her for the weight she's lost, which becomes even more evident now that she's wearing a form-fitting shirt.  Robyn plays at being relieved but I don't doubt for one hot second that she thought Janelle would never fit in that shirt.  And per usual, Janelle has to pretend that Robyn never meant to get her the wrong shirt.  

It's really interesting, and also quite chilling, to go back and rewatch these old episodes to see just how manipulative and passive-aggressive Robyn has been the entire time, and how the other wives sit there and take it while Kody maintains his usual befuddled caveman stare.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 23

Yep, Robyn has always been a snake.  I kind of feel like at this point she and Kody deserve each other and the entire rest of the family needs to go get on with life and doing what makes them happy.  

• Love 19

Mention of the marathon brings to mind another disgusting aspect of the run.  The participating members of the family started together as a group.  Everything was going along fine until Kody realized the cameras were on him, he decided to showboat once again by jetting on by Janelle, leaving her in his dust.  He treated it like a contest instead of a run to support Janelle's efforts.  He didn't prove anything by surpassing Janelle, except that once again, he is a buffoon.  Thankfully, one of her boys who could easily have outdistanced Kody stayed with her.

• Love 24

Oh yes, Kody talked several times about how he had "set his pace" which of course had to be faster than anyone else in the family so off he went.  He seemed perplexed that his overweight wife, who was feeling insecure because she was venturing out to do something she'd never done before, was upset by this.  Also of note - Robyn did not participate because she'd "hurt her back."  Sure, Jan.

These earlier eps are chock-full of deep-seated subterfuge if you know where to look.

Incidentally, the next ep in my queue is the one where Truely falls ill while Kody is burning steaks on a grill.  I started it but can't bring myself to finish it because it makes me so irate.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Mention of the marathon brings to mind another disgusting aspect of the run.  The participating members of the family started together as a group.  Everything was going along fine until Kody realized the cameras were on him, he decided to showboat once again by jetting on by Janelle, leaving her in his dust.  He treated it like a contest instead of a run to support Janelle's efforts.  He didn't prove anything by surpassing Janelle, except that once again, he is a buffoon.  Thankfully, one of her boys who could easily have outdistanced Kody stayed with her.

When a fit husband is in competition with his heavy wife running her 1st marathon it shows what an epic asshole he is.  Tells you all you need to know about him.  If  you didn't take the hint the 1st 20 years.

• Love 17

And that might just be the single most frustrating thing about watching this show - the constant underhanded (and sometimes blatant) mistreatment from Kody to his wives, and the fact that - for whatever reasons: religion, sheltered upbringing, low self-esteem - the wives take it.  And take it.  AND TAKE IT.  From this stupid race, to nacho-gate and the Galveston therapy fiasco to Kody telling his therpist that Meri fooled him into marrying her - it's all so gross.  He treats two of his wives like crap on the bottom of his shoe, one like his fishing buddy and one like his queen.  I often wonder how the women enjoy watching themselves back on tv - are they so brainwashed that they can't see what the rest of us see?  They MUST.  Right?  

To bring it back to topic - Robyn is horrible and I hope she enjoys eternity with Kody, King of the Doofuses. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 20
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Excuse my rambling but....I just watched the episode where they're out on the coyote pass property deciding who gets which lot and it turns into a fight and I can't get over how Kody ADMITS that Meri has been pulling this same shit since the beginning, Meri wouldn't allow anyone walking through her portion of the Lehi house and forced everyone to walk outdoors even in the winter to get from Janelle's section to Christine's section and how she's been doing it over every single thing since the beginning but he never bothered to step in and do anything about it. 🙄

If I was Janelle or Christine I would have dragged his ass and insisted that he explain why he let Meri get away with it and why it's no longer acceptable?... Make him admit that the only difference is that now it's making his queen Robyn unhappy and he won't stand for Meri making demands that upset Robyn and her happiness.

Why do these women put up with the garbage he's pulled, why are they willing to accept less?...and more importantly why are they accepting their children getting less of his attention or love than Robyn's girls who aren't even Kody's kids?...AuROARra has an anxiety attack and Kody flies into action babying her and even carries her upstairs and protects her from the cameras like her life depends on it but when Truely was laying on the couch dying Aspyn couldn't pry him away from his BBQ, when Ysabel was crying over her scoliosis Kody was a jerk and implied that she hadn't worn her contraption enough, when Hunter was struggling with the move to Vegas Kody was an asshole and basically told him to suck it up... No sympathy, no love but.... OMG if AuROARa starts blubbering, stuttering and blowing snot bubbles he turns from Clark Kent into Superman to rescue her.

I can sort of understand the wives accepting less than their share when it comes to themselves but why are they willing to accept so much less for their children?

If I was Christine and I saw the scene of Kody babying AuROARa after knowing how he treated Truely and Ysabel I would have tossed a FIT!!! 😤

Kootie is loathsome for all the reasons you stated, and more.  He let Meri throw her weight around, at Janelle's and Christine's detriment, and did nothing 'from day one.'  Shortchanged his bio kids except for King Sol and Areola, all to favor Robo's spawn.

I LOVE AuROARa (not the girl; your name for her.  Perfect!

2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

This is why I have such an intense dislike of every one of them.  Accept abuse for yourself, it's your life and your decision.  But what kind of mother allows that kind of treatment for her children.  It's despicable.

Spot on!

• Love 11
On 2/8/2021 at 6:22 AM, laurakaye said:

Which is definitely not a stretch for the resident caveman 🙄. I rewatched the Truely episode recently and they had cut out the part where Aspyn tells Kody how sick she is and Kody blows it off.  I’ve noticed the editing monkeys at work on several episodes, actually. Remember the infamous episode where Robyn talks about her cookie?  They took that out, and I was sorely disappointed. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kbo said:

I’ve noticed the editing monkeys at work on several episodes, actually. Remember the infamous episode where Robyn talks about her cookie?  They took that out, and I was sorely disappointed. 

Wow weird. I wouldn’t have thought the Brown’s would have had enough clout with the network to remove scenes they were embarrassed by. Perhaps the network did it to save themselves from being implicated in Kodouch’s parental negligence of not getting Truely medical care sooner or something, or maybe the Brown’s negotiated some editing in lieu of payment for the latest seasons (as it was widely reported they took a big pay cut?)

I have personally noticed, I can no longer find the the Tell All episode where they discuss Kody saying he was not attracted to Christine when they first met and also the Tell All where Christine runs away upset because she can’t bear to hear the question asked to Robyn whether she will have more kids, and then when she returns, the host states the Browns refuse to answer any questions about future children as it’s an upsetting topic for them. Those episodes seem to have disappeared from the back catalogue here in Australia at least. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Added thought
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 2/8/2021 at 10:09 AM, Sandy W said:

with that puckered up look of concern she is so adept at. 

Perfect! Both Christine and Robyn have this look. Only with Robyn it seems indicate "I'm so confused- look look I'm confused".

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Kbo said:

Remember the infamous episode where Robyn talks about her cookie?  They took that out, and I was sorely disappointed. 

She was basically accusing the childrens' father of raping her; perhaps he sued her/TLC for slander.  She also implied in that or another episode that their father was abusive, yet had no problem sending the kids off to see bio-Dad for a month so she could have more time alone with Kootie.  Neither were appropriate things for the kids and their friends to hear & see for the rest of their lives (though no doubt the clips have been archived somewhere).

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She was basically accusing the childrens' father of raping her; perhaps he sued her/TLC for slander.  She also implied in that or another episode that their father was abusive, yet had no problem sending the kids off to see bio-Dad for a month so she could have more time alone with Kootie.  Neither were appropriate things for the kids and their friends to hear & see for the rest of their lives (though no doubt the clips have been archived somewhere).

I have to buy my seasons through itunes.  All that stuff is still there.  I recently went back and watched some of them.

• Useful 6
5 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I have to buy my seasons through itunes.  All that stuff is still there.  I recently went back and watched some of them.

Interesting!  I’ve been watching On Demand with Xfinity, and I was specifically waiting for those scenes so it was really obvious to me when they weren’t there. TLC has done this kind of thing before, though. When the Bates family had a show, there was an episode with a poor horse that looked noticeably underweight and unhealthy. After the initial showing, that scene was gone. 

ETA, I’m going to check those episodes out on the TLC Go app and see if they’re edited. 

Edited by Kbo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

It has been eons since I saw the original season where Meri, Janelle, and Christine are living together in Lehi.  Then Kody "marries" Robyn, but I don't recall where Robyn lived at the time.  I know soon they left for Vegas, but where did she live between her "weddingk" and the move?

24 minutes ago, Twopper said:

It has been eons since I saw the original season where Meri, Janelle, and Christine are living together in Lehi.  Then Kody "marries" Robyn, but I don't recall where Robyn lived at the time.  I know soon they left for Vegas, but where did she live between her "weddingk" and the move?

They rented a house for her nearby their home in Lehi.  I have wondered why they didn't just add a wing to the Lehi house and move Christine and her 6 kids from the basement to the new wing and relegate Robyn as the junior wife to Christine's old apartment.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

They rented a house for her nearby their home in Lehi.  I have wondered why they didn't just add a wing to the Lehi house and move Christine and her 6 kids from the basement to the new wing and relegate Robyn as the junior wife to Christine's old apartment.

A junior apartment for Robyn?  Please. She was the favorite wife way back then.

• Love 5

That was never gonna happen. Kody's always wanted to live apart from the other three so he could have quality time with Robyn. 

I read somewhere - here or Reddit - that this is actually par for the course in polygamy. The rotation gives way to the man spending most of his time with the latest addition.  That makes sense. Kody is in his mid 50s I think - he doesn't have the hormonal juice he used to have especially if he's not attracted. I'm sure Meri hasn't had sex with him since 2014 when he forced her to file for divorce. I don't think Christine or Janelle have been intimate with him for quite some time and I'm talking pre-Covid.  The virus is a convenient excuse.  Kody just has so much disdain for Christine, I don't see him being able to get it up for her at all. 

That said, remodeling the Lehi house would have made for some very interesting seasons. There was plenty of land on that property to expand if they wanted to. But Robyn in Christine's old digs wasn't ever going to happen. Shiny and new house for the shiny new wife.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Was Robyn working (besides Kody) when she was courting the family?  If so what kind of work was she doing?

She was working in spells (making Meri, of all people, give up her glorious first wife status!), love potions (adding bits of VS lingerie to spice up its potency for Kootie!) and curses (think Christine and her fits of jealousy even to this day).

Janelle doesn’t seem to be affected by her, must be that Janelle poses no threat to Robyn.  Or, Janelle can see right right through her.  

Robyn and Kootie truly deserve each other.  

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
#living my why!
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 2/26/2021 at 4:16 PM, DakotaJustice said:

That was never gonna happen. Kody's always wanted to live apart from the other three so he could have quality time with Robyn. 

I read somewhere - here or Reddit - that this is actually par for the course in polygamy. The rotation gives way to the man spending most of his time with the latest addition.  That makes sense. Kody is in his mid 50s I think - he doesn't have the hormonal juice he used to have especially if he's not attracted. I'm sure Meri hasn't had sex with him since 2014 when he forced her to file for divorce. I don't think Christine or Janelle have been intimate with him for quite some time and I'm talking pre-Covid.  The virus is a convenient excuse.  Kody just has so much disdain for Christine, I don't see him being able to get it up for her at all. 

That said, remodeling the Lehi house would have made for some very interesting seasons. There was plenty of land on that property to expand if they wanted to. But Robyn in Christine's old digs wasn't ever going to happen. Shiny and new house for the shiny new wife.

I wonder when he’ll tire of Robyn. She’s starting to resemble the other three in both weight gain and that emotionally exhausted look. She’s beginning to look like a tired old lady and we know how much Kody must love that. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Was Robyn working (besides Kody) when she was courting the family?  If so what kind of work was she doing?

Not 100% sure, but I think she might have been working in a nursing home at the time in St. George.  Once she moved to Lehi, I believe Janelle said on one of the shows when she was discussing the money situation and the problems it created with 4 more people to care for.  Saying that it wasn't that Robyn wasn't looking for work she was just not able to find anything.  Doubtful , Lehi is a decent size city, any work would have been better than none.  Other than SWC, Robyn has not worked since joining the family.  Or at least that we know of.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Other than SWC, Robyn has not worked since joining the family.  Or at least that we know of.

She would beg to differ with you.🤣  You are totally overlooking the fact that she wrote a NYT Bestseller!  She, along with Meri are the only two that lay claim to this accomplishment.

• LOL 14

When Kootie was telling them that they didn’t have any money to start building on Prarie Dog Plaque acres, did anybody else notice Robochin looking down and pretending to be guilty? Setting up future dry crying?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/26/2021 at 6:16 PM, DakotaJustice said:

This is what I've been wondering. What is the norm for polygamous families? When they are done raising the children do they all still stick together? 

I just re-watched the first few episodes. Meri -even at that time said she had considered leaving but was staying for Mariah. Christine, even then,  was insanely jealous (got so upset that Kody picked out Robyn's dress - she walked off set). Janelle, the aromantic business friend, was so angry about the 11 day honeymoon. And recall she left the fambly in the early days too.

Those three never had the 'in-love romance' that Kody had with Robyn. So he's done with them. They served their purpose - it was never about love.  This is probably the norm?

(also its really striking how they've aged - especially Robyn))

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

What is the norm for polygamous families? When they are done raising the children do they all still stick together? 

Curious why Christine's mother and aunt left the plyg life.

She's lucky to have a support group when she decides to pull the plyg plug.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 3/9/2021 at 11:20 PM, Tuxcat said:

This is what I've been wondering. What is the norm for polygamous families? When they are done raising the children do they all still stick together? 

I just re-watched the first few episodes. Meri -even at that time said she had considered leaving but was staying for Mariah. Christine, even then,  was insanely jealous (got so upset that Kody picked out Robyn's dress - she walked off set). Janelle, the aromantic business friend, was so angry about the 11 day honeymoon. And recall she left the fambly in the early days too.

Those three never had the 'in-love romance' that Kody had with Robyn. So he's done with them. They served their purpose - it was never about love.  This is probably the norm?

(also its really striking how they've aged - especially Robyn))

I could see Christine and Kody hittin it after a huge fight. I can imagine a fight because of the way they bickered over the cardboard boats. Like kids. They've always been so sarcastic to each other.

• Love 2

In one of the early couch interviews Robyn praises her parents for their marriage which was like a honeymoon that lasted forever and  says that she plans for her marriage to Kody to be that way.  She hopes/thingks it can be.   This is a paraphrase but it leaves the impression Robyn's parents had a long, solid marriage. 

FF to another show where they take "questions" supposedly submitted by viewers, although maybe some came from TLC.    A question about Robyn's divorce comes up, and she tearfully talked about how she worked too long on her first marriage and should have bolted sooner.  Janelle at this point seems to sink way back into the couch.   Then Sobyn goes on about coming from a broken family herself.  

So which is true, Robyn? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, Twopper said:

In one of the early couch interviews Robyn praises her parents for their marriage which was like a honeymoon that lasted forever and  says that she plans for her marriage to Kody to be that way.  She hopes/thingks it can be.   This is a paraphrase but it leaves the impression Robyn's parents had a long, solid marriage. 

FF to another show where they take "questions" supposedly submitted by viewers, although maybe some came from TLC.    A question about Robyn's divorce comes up, and she tearfully talked about how she worked too long on her first marriage and should have bolted sooner.  Janelle at this point seems to sink way back into the couch.   Then Sobyn goes on about coming from a broken family herself.  

So which is true, Robyn? 

I'm not sure if Robyn's parents divorced or her mom was widowed but the only father we have seen on the show is her step-father, you know, the one who was up close and personal with his camera during Robyn's birthin' procedures.  If he and her mother have been married since Robyn was very young and she has had no contact with her birth father, she may regard him as a father, rather than step-father.  Kind of like she's hoping the birth father of Dayton and AuroraBreanna is erased from their memory.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not sure if Robyn's parents divorced or her mom was widowed but the only father we have seen on the show is her step-father, you know, the one who was up close and personal with his camera during Robyn's birthin' procedures.  If he and her mother have been married since Robyn was very young and she has had no contact with her birth father, she may regard him as a father, rather than step-father.  Kind of like she's hoping the birth father of Dayton and AuroraBreanna is erased from their memory.

Thanks.  Broken family sounds like her parents divorced, and her mother remarried.   Her mother's second marriage then is the one with the perpetual honeymoon phase.  Or something like that....  was her mom a sister wife, too?

I just saw the trip they made to Wyoming.  That was so confusing with Janelle's mother whose name I think was Genelle, and Kody's real mother who was Jenelle or something.   Janelle's kids sure got the best of that deal with 3 grandparents living all together.   Not sure what happened to Janelle's dad as she said her family disowned her and her mom which is very sad.

I thought the point of polygamy was more wives to have more children, but Janelle's mom didn't bring  her children into the family.  She did bring a paycheck for a number of years so I guess that counts for something.

too bad Kody can't sell the houses in Flagstaff and Prairie Dog Acres and move everyone to the ranch.

I am beginning to think Kody really wanted Meri to at least attempt the IVF.   She always seems so indecisive that I am surprised she jumped onto the Lularoe bandwagon.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

I just saw the trip they made to Wyoming.  That was so confusing with Janelle's mother whose name I think was Genelle, and Kody's real mother who was Jenelle or something. 

Janelle recently lost her mom, Sheryl. Kody's mom is Genielle. Kody's dad also had another wife, who never appeared on the show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Janelle recently lost her mom, Sheryl. Kody's mom is Genielle. Kody's dad also had another wife, who never appeared on the show.

Thanks.  Maybe I need to take notes.  The Genielle and Janelle names confused me.

• Love 2
On 3/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, Teafortwo said:

I spend WAY to much time on these details LOL

I am realizing I must be a lot like Kody. because I just realized how much time I spend looking at my phone while the show is on🤣.

Since I am mostly looking down I  miss a lot of those details.  I did see 2 cats in Lehi so maybe I am a little better.

I still think Meri should have tried IVF and not even discussed the surrogacy route with Robyn. 

And who advised them about the Sister Wife's Closet?   in what universe other than theirs would this have been workable.  

I did look once at the web site, but I think it has been down for years with a message that they'll be back.  Christine was right that people weren't going to be interested in buying jewelry that is meaningful to the Browns, but not to the purchaser, and it is no wonder that peoples' eyes glaze over when they have to hear a long spiel to understand what the necklace or ring means--especially since their potential customers are not sister wives.  This was not a good idea. 

Watching all these old episodes, I wonder how they have survived as long as they have.  Also the five adults have another  30-40 years left in their life spans and seem to have no visible means of support except TLC and Lularoe and a few other mlms.  I know Kody and Janelle both cashed out retirement accounts.

• Love 12

I still laugh my ass off when they realize nobody wants Robyn’s ugly MSWC jewelry and the people complaining the junk they did offer was too expensive.  That jewelry looked so tacky.  On a side note, has Robyn had any other non money-making ventures?  I don’t count being a best selling author.  Specifically, has she ever done any of the mlm shills or is she too busy sleeping?

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Specifically, has she ever done any of the mlm shills or is she too busy sleeping?

She's "too pretty to cook", according to Kootie.  I expect she thinks that extends to any type of work.

• Love 7