Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

How bad does it have to get for a medical provider to place a lien on a home?  Geez.  

I remember seeing the lien on the assessor's website way back when.  This was (IIRC) Robyn was still "Robyn Sullivan" and I believe her ex-husband was also named as responsible for the hospital bill.  It wasn't terribly huge . . . but they had obviously ignored multiple bills from the hospital and calls from the bill collector (which would have been the hospital's next step).  They don't go to court for a lien until all other avenues have been exhausted, and the owner then cannot show clear title to the property (if they want to sell it) until that lien is satisfied.  And of course, the amount of the lien was more than the hospital bill itself, because SOMEBODY had to pay for all the effort it took to get them to pay their bill, so they tack those costs on as well.

Janelle was also cited and fined for not paying mandatory trash collection fees at her house.  I think she'd just send her kids over to one of the other houses and use their trash cans and assume she wouldn't have to pay if they weren't picking up trash at her house.  But it didn't work that way.

And there were several traffic tickets involving the older kids; if they got a fine for speeding, they also were cited for "no proof of insurance."

Honestly, they have never learned the simple economical principle of paying what you owe when you owe it, because it's cheaper that way.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Honestly, they have never learned the simple economical principle of paying what you owe when you owe it, because it's cheaper that way.

Yes but you know.....polygamists. Looking at them to follow the same rules as everyone else results in the outcry of PERSECUTIONNNNNNNNN!

• Love 8

I have a weird request here, so please don't judge. 

Does anyone happen to recall what season and episode Robyn gave that creepy portrait of Kootie replacing her ex-husband, to Kootie?  I want to watch how the family reacted.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Does anyone happen to recall what season and episode Robyn gave that creepy portrait of Kootie replacing her ex-husband, to Kootie?  I want to watch how the family reacted.  

It appears to be Season 6 Episode 12 , or maybe 11?

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/sister-wives/full-episodes/chaos-in-the-cul-de-sac

Pretty sure it’s this one, I rewatched recently. The best is Logan cracking up laughing as she presents him the creepy portrait but trying to hide it behind his fist. Definitely worth a rewatch  😂 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Is it just the angle or does Sol seem to have an extra long arm?

Also, is he wearing a blurred out Batman t-shirt?  Robyn took delicious delight in dressing him in Batman pj's when the escapade was in full fury.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Is it just the angle or does Sol seem to have an extra long arm?

Also, is he wearing a blurred out Batman t-shirt?  Robyn took delicious delight in dressing him in Batman pj's when the escapade was in full fury.

I think it's a blurred out Pikachu.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, aimlessbird said:

I wonder why they failed to mention the demise of My Sister Wives Closet on the show?

So many unanswered questions.  They haven't mentioned Ysabel's scoliosis at all this season and where oh where is Annie.  Last we heard, she was to be the hostess at the BnB and suddenly, Annie is out and Bonnie is in.  The grapevine says that she is living with another daughter but they have never dilled with why on the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

I wonder why they failed to mention the demise of My Sister Wives Closet on the show?

Because it would make Robyn look like a fool?  We can't have that!  She's Kootie's favorite wife.  That whole venture was a bust.  Now I'm wondering if Robo has roomfuls of stuff she can't unload from that ill-advised money pit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

So many unanswered questions.  They haven't mentioned Ysabel's scoliosis at all this season and where oh where is Annie.  Last we heard, she was to be the hostess at the BnB and suddenly, Annie is out and Bonnie is in.  The grapevine says that she is living with another daughter but they have never dilled with why on the show.

Maybe Annie didn't want to move to Flagstaff once they decided to move.  I would imagine living on a small SS check and what she can sell making her bags.  You don't want to live in an expensive area where everything costs more.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

Wow.  So Kody and Robyn bought their house for $890,000 and put down 25% ($225,000) and mortgaged $$665,000.  Now they've taken a home equity line of credit for $150,000 against the house.  That means they've only got $75,000 equity left in the house (or 8%) and owe $815,000 on it. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
Just now, smarty2020 said:

That means they've only got $75,000 equity left in the house (or 8%) and owe $815,000 on it. 

And this surprises us.......how?  It's the Brown Clown Financial Plan at its finest.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, smarty2020 said:

Wow.  So Kody and Robyn bought their house for $890,000 and put down 25% ($225,000) and mortgaged $$665,000.  Now they've taken a home equity line of credit for $150,000 against the house.  That means they've only got $75,000 equity left in the house (or 8%) and owe $815,000 on it. 

I hope Kody told the 3 women that Robyn is not married to about this before it became public tabloid fodder.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I wonder why they needed that money so urgently?  Has filming for the next season been indefinitely postponed?  Have Meri’s sales finally dried up?  I can’t imagine there’s many people spending big bucks on Lulano right now. Inquiring minds want to know!

• Love 11

Former real estate closer here and I've read more loan docs than I care to remember.  I'm just popping in to say that the article mentions that the deed states time is of the essence.  This phrase, or variations of such, is boiler plate language.

Back to your regularly scheduled snark.

• Useful 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

I wonder if home equity loan tabloid stories cause panic attacks like discussions of moving does in the Robyn Brown households?

Not unless there were cameras there.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Why put so much money down on a house when you’re strapped for cash and plan to move to Coyote Pass anyway? To avoid PMI? And then borrow it back from yourself at some high interest rate? These people are TSTL (too stupid to live). 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, toodles said:

Former real estate closer here and I've read more loan docs than I care to remember.  I'm just popping in to say that the article mentions that the deed states time is of the essence.  This phrase, or variations of such, is boiler plate language.

Back to your regularly scheduled snark.

Thank you! This sounds like typical Kody Brown real estate "investing". 

If memory serves, soon after the Lehi house was purchased by Janelle - she put Kody and Meri on the title and then at least one more mortgage was put on it, which I assume was an HELOC.

Every time I watch The Big Short I think of the Browns since they did that during The Bubble. 

2 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Why put so much money down on a house when you’re strapped for cash and plan to move to Coyote Pass anyway? To avoid PMI? And then borrow it back from yourself at some high interest rate? These people are TSTL (too stupid to live). 

They will never, ever, ever EVER build on that piece of land. 

I think Kody will quietly put it on the market for more than he paid and it will languish there for years. We are either in, or about to be in, a recession so I doubt there's a hot market for undeveloped land with a toxic "swimmin' hole". 

• Love 19
29 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:
31 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Thank you.  I was just about to write that, too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think Kody will quietly put it on the market for more than he paid and it will languish there for years. We are either in, or about to be in, a recession so I doubt there's a hot market for undeveloped land with a toxic "swimmin' hole". 

Excuse you.   It’s a POND!!   You know, a smaller version of their very own lake.   Only the best for the Kody Klan 🙄

• LOL 11
35 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

If memory serves, soon after the Lehi house was purchased by Janelle - she put Kody and Meri on the title and then at least one more mortgage was put on it, which I assume was an HELOC.

Every time I watch The Big Short I think of the Browns since they did that during The Bubble. 

Yup all those people who don't have jobs aren't going to have money to buy the Brown's mistake, that's for sure.  The best thing the Browns can try to do is keep the TLC money coming, but this show has lost some serious momentum. The only person of interest to watch drama-wise is Meri, or an out-and-out wives rebellion. 

Bet they're wishing they'd stayed in Las Vegas, even for all its issues. They were all together in one area. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Yup all those people who don't have jobs aren't going to have money to buy the Brown's mistake, that's for sure.  The best thing the Browns can try to do is keep the TLC money coming, but this show has lost some serious momentum. The only person of interest to watch drama-wise is Meri, or an out-and-out wives rebellion. 

Bet they're wishing they'd stayed in Las Vegas, even for all its issues. They were all together in one area. 

Do they really want to be that close together? I think that one of the reasons they got out of Vegas was when they discovered that when they weren't filming, being in such close proximity got to be intolerable. Remember, in Lehi, Robyn lived apart from everyone else so she could pretend-monogamy.  

I also remember the Honeymoon Special in season 1 where Robyn and Kody were frolicking on the beach in San Diego while the other three sad sacks were fuming in Lehi.  I don't think things have changed much. Lots of resentment.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh I would watch if Kody took a younger, prettier wife.  Maybe he could divorce Robyn and legally marry the new wife.  But no young/pretty woman would want Kody and his baggage, and if he divorced Robyn she would flounce off in a big huff and expect BIG $$$$ every month to support she and her kids.   So we are stuck with a boring show.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Maybe he could divorce Robyn and legally marry the new wife. 

No way in hell Sobyn would sign on any dotted line.  She'll hang on as long as there is TLC money coming in.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

No way in hell Sobyn would sign on any dotted line.  She'll hang on as long as there is TLC money coming in.

Oh we all know that.  But I was saying what would make the show interesting for me.  Seeing Robyn go through what Meri went through would be VERY satisfying for me.  : )

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But talk about poetic justice.  She came into the Brown family with a lot of debt.  She has always put that debt solely on the ex husband and her need to keep peace.  It would be so fitting that after all these years of trying to shape Kody up all she walks away with from this marriage with is a ton of debt.  Robyn doesn't mind debt as long as she can live above her means.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

She'd at least hang in there until after their 10th wedding anniversary so that she could qualify for his social security benefits when he dies.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Excuse you.   It’s a POND!!   You know, a smaller version of their very own lake.   Only the best for the Kody Klan 🙄

And it's filled with water!  We didn't put that water in it!  It's from....RAIN WATER!!

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

But talk about poetic justice.  She came into the Brown family with a lot of debt.  She has always put that debt solely on the ex husband and her need to keep peace.  It would be so fitting that after all these years of trying to shape Kody up all she walks away with from this marriage with is a ton of debt.  Robyn doesn't mind debt as long as she can live above her means.

I believe Arizona is a community property state, which means that if Kootie owes a debt, so does Robyn, whether or not her name is on the paperwork.  There may be legal ways around this, but I'd be surprised if any of the Brown's had the foresight to look into that.  Robyn may learn a very difficult lesson if she thinks she can dump Kootie and walk away without owing a dime.

• Useful 6
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Oh we all know that.  But I was saying what would make the show interesting for me.  Seeing Robyn go through what Meri went through would be VERY satisfying for me.  : )

In my opinion, Robyn has never really experienced what the other wives have, to varying degrees. She was the only wife in her first marriage, and she pretty much is the only wife now. She never has had to share a home with another wife or watch another wife get pregnant and give birth to her husband's child (Truley was born before they wed IFIRC). She moved into a nice rental in LV before getting her custom-built mcmansion, and now has an almost million-dollar Flagstaff home to live in.

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Plus at least part of it is in a flood zone.  And it's undeveloped.  Utilities will cost a fortune.

But because Cotex is such a FABULOUS negotiator, there is no HOA.  He swapped the HOA for the utlities.  Crackerjack ne-go-tia-tions there.  I think angels singink sounds alot like the devil laughing.  Isn't avarice one of the seven deadliest?

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

I find it interesting that in the TLC COVID commercial, the Sister Wives cast is represented by just Robyn and her five kids. No other wives or their kids. Wonder what they're all thinking about that.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've seen that, too, and was surprised Kootie wasn't in it.  Robyn is the only wife that counts, apparently.  

How does that segment speak for "SISTER WIVES"?  Or polygamy?  By simply having his one legal wife and her kids?  Weird.  I can't believe TLC even keeps them on the air, as the original premise is so distorted at this point in time. Kody has an ex-wife.  Kody has a wife.  And Kody has two ex-girlfriends (he calls wives).  Like thousands of other men in the world.

• Love 14
On 4/6/2020 at 3:13 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.3aae2ea8e31776b4aba9fe02bec131e0.png

MFM.. You're killing me and just the way you placed Kody's head makes it look like Sol's little fruity arm is actually coming out of Kody... Too funny....good job!  👏

• LOL 12

Okay, so according to the youtube channel Without A Crystal Ball, Robyn and Kody sought and got an emergency type loan. Holy freak! The financial kerfluffle is just going on, on, and on. Robyn might be the legal and favorite wife but that wouldn't mean crap to me if I had to put up with a husband that made such crap decisions about money....or anything really.

• Love 5