Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, suomi said:

I got the 'we're doing everything except" vibe from Aspyn and Mitch. Technical purity. I salute those brave enough to marry someone without knowing that they are sexually compatible. There are lots of success stories, obviously. I've had some magic 5th date rude awakenings and can't even imagine waking up on Day 2 of a marriage feeling that way. 

Lol.....  I agree.. I also had a couple lunchbox let downs  😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, suomi said:

I got the 'we're doing everything except" vibe from Aspyn and Mitch....

Agreed.  LOL, Aspyn's hand rested on Mitch's knee and/or upper thigh quite often during their THs this season. For me, generally speaking, (but not always) this is a nonverbal cue indicating some form of sexual relationship. Good call on your part.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Figured I’d put this here. Robyn and Kody’s first honeymoon:

It was 11 days of seething resentment for the others.  Who could blame them?  At most, the others got 2 or 3 days of Kootie driving around and staying wherever.  From the beginning, Robyn and her spawn have always been favored.  The latest move was all for her, and Day-Un.  Nice work, if you can get it.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Thanks for posting that episode @ginger90.  I've never seen it.

Where do you find the old eps without commercials?

I buy mine from itunes and get them the next morning.  I remember this episode and Janelle was the one that was the most upset.  I don't think she would talk to him on the phone until the last day or two.  I know Kody has taken Meri and Christine to Mexico and on a cruise before.  Poor Janelle maybe he takes her to places she would like to go.  

On 4/1/2019 at 4:59 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Yup and let's not forget how the bio-dad attacked her with cake, smashing it up her nose...  Lolol 

According to Robin he's a violent rapist.  🙄

Don’t forget, she can’t live around trees because it reminds her of her abusive relationship...

• LOL 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Don’t forget, she can’t live around trees because it reminds her of her abusive relationship...

Oh dear, didn't Kootie put her massive chunk of the plyg house plans closest to the trees?

Wow, I missed that honeymoon episode. At 3:30 when they were walking on the beach, Robyn was walking funny. How lovely to have recordings of R&K's honeymoon for the other wives to watch.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I’m beginning to wonder if Kody prefers Robyn because she won’t put up with his bull crap.  The other ladies (I won’t say wives - they are not) allowed him to deludedly drag them all over the West while they competed with each other to please him.  Robyn seemingly expects better of him - at least to some (lowered) extent. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Oh dear, didn't Kootie put her massive chunk of the plyg house plans closest to the trees?

Wow, I missed that honeymoon episode. At 3:30 when they were walking on the beach, Robyn was walking funny. How lovely to have recordings of R&K's honeymoon for the other wives to watch.

They could hardly keep their eyes and hands off each other...as honeymooners do...but I couldn't help but feel for the others when they saw that episode considering their stance on PDA.  I'm sure the others had their moments with him when on their own honeymoons, road tripping to visit with the new inlaws, but the others didn't have to witness it.

Who takes a camera crew along on a honeymoon anyhow, I don't care what Robyn said, she was marking her turf.

• Love 13
(edited)
On 3/26/2019 at 12:48 PM, Gothish520 said:

I wouldn't call myself a fan exactly, but I like her for the most part. But don't let that stop you, Kyanight, snark away, lol! 

Edited by Kyanight
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

They could hardly keep their eyes and hands off each other...as honeymooners do...but I couldn't help but feel for the others when they saw that episode considering their stance on PDA.  I'm sure the others had their moments with him when on their own honeymoons, road tripping to visit with the new inlaws, but the others didn't have to witness it.

Who takes a camera crew along on a honeymoon anyhow, I don't care what Robyn said, she was marking her turf.

I wondered about the other wives watching the honeymoon video... 

Kody couldn't keep his eyeballs or hands off of Robyn and vice versa...

At one point they were literally necking in the middle of the public sidewalk not to mention all the hugs, cuddles, kisses throughout,,, the surfing, zoo etc... They were touching and mauling each other everywhere.

And back home poor Christine is cuddling and kissing Truely constantly... I felt terrible for her and the baby.... You could feel the hurt and how hard it was on her.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Just like my kitty peeing in the back yard, to keep other cats away.  

Cameras on a honeymoon?  Rubbing it in, but good.  Robyn did everything but cut the others, and rub salt in their wounds.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Cameras on a honeymoon?  Rubbing it in, but good.  Robyn did everything but cut the others, and rub salt in their wounds.

It was calculated and cruel.  Even if TLC paid for the honeymoon to squeeze another episode, they could have saved the affection for behind closed doors.  The other wives sat like forlorn Cinderellas while Queen Robyn enjoyed the ball(s).

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

I’m beginning to wonder if Kody prefers Robyn because she won’t put up with his bull crap.  The other ladies (I won’t say wives - they are not) allowed him to deludedly drag them all over the West while they competed with each other to please him.  Robyn seemingly expects better of him - at least to some (lowered) extent. 

*cough*strongjaw*cough*

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, MarysWetBar said:

*cough*strongjaw*cough*

Yes. That is more likely. Guess I gave Kody too much credit.  But I do think Robyn’s emotional self-control stood in stark contrast to Meri and Janelle’s never-ending standoff.  So she not only bested these ladies in the bedroom but at their religion as well.  Though at the end of the day, 2,000 extra square feet seems a pitiful prize.  

• Love 6

Just watched the honeymoon episode again.  Few thoughts here.

*  Everyone has aged at least 20 years since, what a great inspiration for us monogamists 🙄

*  Meri still bringing up relationship issues between her and Kody - side note that I don’t remember noticing before, she tells us that when she’s mad at Kody she pulls away from the entire fambly. 

*  Robyn has ZERO fashion sense and looked absolutely ridiculous walking around San Diego in her tank top over a long sleeved shirt with long jeans and funky sandals. 🤦🏼‍♀️

*  Janelle was more alive and talkative than I have seen since.

*  Poor Christine with newborn at home asked Robyn “just tell me you needed this” re: 11 day honeymoon.

** Kody is a total douchy asshat (it cannot be said enough) 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

It was calculated and cruel.  Even if TLC paid for the honeymoon to squeeze another episode, they could have saved the affection for behind closed doors.  The other wives sat like forlorn Cinderellas while Queen Robyn enjoyed the ball(s).

I put this squarely on Kody's shoulders. He was running the show then, literally and figuratively. They were both swept up in emotions, as any newlyweds should be, but I believe Kody either knew or didn't care what was being filmed and what would be shown. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I put this squarely on Kody's shoulders. He was running the show then, literally and figuratively. They were both swept up in emotions, as any newlyweds should be, but I believe Kody either knew or didn't care what was being filmed and what would be shown. 

I don't believe Robyn was ever that submissive.  If she genuinely cared about living in harmony with her sister wives, she could have put a halt to it by simply saying "whoa, how's this going to read to the folks back home".

• Love 9
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Poor Christine with newborn at home asked Robyn “just tell me you needed this” re: 11 day honeymoon.

I remember something to that effect.  And I believe Robyn said since they didn't have a normal courtship.  That yes she did need it and Kody spent more time with her and her kids after that.  She was also upset because when she announced her pregnancy with Sol, not everyone was happy and jumping for joy.    You can't make people feel something they are not okay with.  She should have just given everyone time to get used to it, not push it.  Then it would come naturally later.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I remember something to that effect.  And I believe Robyn said since they didn't have a normal courtship.  That yes she did need it and Kody spent more time with her and her kids after that.  She was also upset because when she announced her pregnancy with Sol, not everyone was happy and jumping for joy.    You can't make people feel something they are not okay with.  She should have just given everyone time to get used to it, not push it.  Then it would come naturally later.

They sure didn't have a normal courtship for their faith.  Kody traveled 8 hours round trip every second weekend to court her and they were seen k-i-s-s-i-n-g on her front porch when he was summoned to attend Truely's birth.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Very true, but I can understand why Robyn would be upset that the family wasn't so welcoming. She's going in with high hopes and getting a chilly reception. Stuff like that happens in monogamous families too, with divorce and remarriage. 

• Love 3

Robyn tweeted about Dayton being “a rock star” helping with the move. I think I may have posted the tweet in the episode thread. Anyway, there were many comments, some positive, and some stating things like, of course he was helpful, the move was because of him. Mindy left this comment:

13FB47DA-1B59-49F3-88AB-A3C6B6CF0522.jpeg

• LOL 10

Did Mindy mean idiocy or maybe it was her trying to give more impact to her statement by coining a 9 letter word instead of 6.

I should hope Dayton would jump right in and be a Rock Star in the move, after all, it was ALL for his benefit.

• Love 19
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Robyn tweeted about Dayton being “a rock star” helping with the move. I think I may have posted the tweet in the episode thread. Anyway, there were many comments, some positive, and some stating things like, of course he was helpful, the move was because of him. Mindy left this comment:

These types of comments irritate me to no end.  The family signed up to be on a reality show. The public didn't force them. An episode airs and we the people only "know" what we are told - by them!. Robyn LIVE tweeted about Dayton being a ROCKSTAR  during the show in which Gabe was shown to be upset about the move. It was when they were all in Christine's kitchen and the adults asked the kids about the move. It seemed as if Robyn was promoting her own kid at the expense of another. 

What does Mindy want us to believe? She says we have no idea what we are talking about. Well that is their fault - not ours.

• Love 21
(edited)

It seems that Mindy has been around aunty Robyn long enough for her gracious attitude to have rubbed off on her.  If you don't agree with what they have to say, you are told to #shutupalready.  Nice.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 16

Dear Mindy:  your mind has obviously been taken over by your lovely auntie Robyn.  She has THE POWER!  She is SHE-RAH!  

I can't understand why Mindy stayed in LV.  With Robyn's witchy hand on her nether regions!  Did devoted wanna-be sister wife Mindy just get tired of being controlled by the Strong Jaw?  

She protested too loudly, here.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I should hope Dayton would jump right in and be a Rock Star in the move, after all, it was ALL for his benefit.

Not only Dayton, but Robyn also bragged/gloated/rubbed salt in the wound  regarding one of her girls being helpful with the move.  Well, Gabe, that'll show ya! Quit cher whinin, and get wit da program! 😏

• Love 3
(edited)

Mindy is an idiot and should follow her own advice and shut up already.  That and #getalife and stop sucking off the Brownie teat, for crying out loud...😔

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Dadgum autocorrect
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

That comment only accentuates how dumb she is.

The only thing keeping their shitfest of a show on the air is people taking interest and commenting on what we see.

If we all got a life and STFU already aunty Robyn would be moving into a robins nest... No plots of acreage with multiple homes.and no special education or accommodations for Dayunnn.

If they hate it so much take a page out of Mykelti's handbook and QUITE!  

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Robyn's rental with all of its climbable railings and a loft with no railings at all does not look safe for young kids.

When I saw that loft all I could think was how dangerous to have that with little ones like Ariellabella, Sol and even Truely.

Little kids get excited playing and don't pay attention where they are in reference to the edge and that loft is REALLY HIGH.  😲

I kept thinking it was nuts for that to be Robyn's house since she has the youngest children.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

My  mind is completely blown.

Get a life?  We're the ones watching your stupid family on this stupid tv show. We are the ones giving this show its ratings, enabling your lazy a$$ to stay on the air and collect your $47.35 cut from Kody every week.

Shut up already?  If the comments were negative, perhaps you and your lantern-jawed aunt and her frizzy-haired husband should give the viewers something to go on regarding the move other than "Utah!  NO WAIT FLAGSTAFF!"  With no reason for the sudden move, of course we're going to jump to our own conclusions.  And trees are NOT reasons.

Bored people say stupid sh!t?  So is she saying that the viewers are all so bored and drained by our horrible monogamous lives that watching the Brown Clowns is our reward for having slogged through another day?  Wow, I just can't even with that one.  While I do continue to watch for the snarkfest, I could just as easily find something on Netflix, or go for a walk, or watch paint dry.

They'd better be super careful.  I have thought for a long time that it's us, the watchers who snark, that have helped keep this show on the air for so long.  If we all collectively abandoned ship, these morons would be forced to start asking us if we want fries with that.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

My  mind is completely blown.

Get a life?  We're the ones watching your stupid family on this stupid tv show. We are the ones giving this show its ratings, enabling your lazy a$$ to stay on the air and collect your $47.35 cut from Kody every week.

Shut up already?  If the comments were negative, perhaps you and your lantern-jawed aunt and her frizzy-haired husband should give the viewers something to go on regarding the move other than "Utah!  NO WAIT FLAGSTAFF!"  With no reason for the sudden move, of course we're going to jump to our own conclusions.  And trees are NOT reasons.

Bored people say stupid sh!t?  So is she saying that the viewers are all so bored and drained by our horrible monogamous lives that watching the Brown Clowns is our reward for having slogged through another day?  Wow, I just can't even with that one.  While I do continue to watch for the snarkfest, I could just as easily find something on Netflix, or go for a walk, or watch paint dry.

They'd better be super careful.  I have thought for a long time that it's us, the watchers who snark, that have helped keep this show on the air for so long.  If we all collectively abandoned ship, these morons would be forced to start asking us if we want fries with that.  

Yes, if we “get a life” and don’t watch the show nor comment on social media, the Browns will not have a show.

I really don’t get why these reality “stars” get so snippy when viewers have their own opinions and observations about what they see on the show! The same show that gives them the income to live the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed.

I don’t see why they can’t just ignore negative comments, or tell the truth and set the record straight?

• Love 12
(edited)

Hand on my heart, I only watch this show due to the snark.  If this was pre-internet age I'd bailed on this snorefest years ago, even with Robyn's evilly glorious machinations. They should be out there yucking it up with the snarkers and naysayers, poking fun at their ownselves but, alas, they have NO sense of humor.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Hand on my heart, I only watch this show due to the snark.  

I quit after the first year and snark vicariously thought the wonderful recaps.  Watching them or even hearing their voices makes me physically ill.  I refuse to give them another viewer and perpetuate their insistence that polygamy is fascinating.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Hand on my heart, I only watch this show due to the snark.  

I just started watching again this season because I have always followed these threads to just keep up with what was going on w/o having to subject myself to Kootie & Sobbyn. The last season I watched was probably 3 or 4 seasons ago. But I'm back to snark with all the rest of you.

• Love 6

Robyn needs to get over herself and her perception that everyone is absolutely fascinated and interested in their stupid plyg lifestyle.

Her whole little act during the TH about sitting someone on a stump and it will take a while blah blah.....  is so typically Robyn.

It reminded me of her proclaiming to the audience  "this isn't for amateurs"   🙄

In reality most people couldn't care less about their stupid living situation and would probably say.. "oh no that's okay, keep your stump I just painted and I need to go watch it dry.. thanks"

*walks away*   

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I keep getting a commercial for SW every time I watch a TLC on demand show.  Editing makes it look like Robo is against the move to Flagstaff.  She says something like, "there's just no way."  We all pretty much know the move was planned by Robo and Kootie.  I hate it when they do that, like the Tell-Nothing preview, where the word "girlfriend" is mentioned, so everyone will think #5 is soon to replace Robo.  

Robyn aka Robo must feel the heat from her VS extra-long jeans.  They are afire.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I've got the last week show on while I wait for the tell nothing and I noticed something.

The "loft" at Robyns house has a ledge that appears to be a foot or maybe a little taller.

If you watch the older girls you'll notice that they step down into the loft.

So at least there's a little bit of a barrier and harder for a small child to just roll out of the loft.

I'd still worry a bit about a small child clamoring over the barrier and onto the ladder because it's so high.

• Love 6

During the tell nothing I couldn't get over how Robyn bosses them all around, sighs, rolls her eyes, looks impatient and annoyed when they speak and being blatantly disrespectful during the whole damn interview.

Where does she get off telling the entire family that she needs everyone to STAY PUT no more moving and she HAS to be buried in Flagstaff?

Why do they all sit there like idiots and put up with her BS?

I'm starting to wonder if they're afraid of Robyn going rogue and if they don't toe the line maybe she'll just write a tell all or do an interview..... she's shrewd and I think she'd have no problem turning on those idiots.... like someone said earlier... wish I could remember which poster when referring to Meri bringing Robyn into the family and thinking she was gonna have a buddy against Janelle and Christine...

"Meri was playing checkers, Robyn was playing chess"

That describes it perfectly.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm starting to wonder if they're afraid of Robyn going rogue and if they don't toe the line maybe she'll just write a tell all or do an interview..... she's shrewd

There isn’t anything I wouldn’t consider her capable of, so yeah, they should all be watching their backs.  She basically turned on Mary, so why wouldn’t she turn on the others if it suited her needs?  Even her beloved Cody - the minute he stops being a good deal, or something/someone better comes along, she could be on to her next level shit.  She’s a climber and a schemer, that one!  She isn’t going to ever settle for not being #1.  That’s how she went from a trailer to a mansion.  Gotta give the girl her props, whether I agree with her or not, she knows how to get what she wants.  

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

During the tell nothing I couldn't get over how Robyn bosses them all around, sighs, rolls her eyes, looks impatient and annoyed when they speak and being blatantly disrespectful during the whole damn interview.

Robyn acts and talks as if she is the only wife, (or "main") wife, and the other women are insignificant spectators. It was very obvious in her words and body language in this interview. 

• Love 14
On 4/16/2019 at 1:51 PM, Canadian Girl said:

Robyn acts and talks as if she is the only wife, (or "main") wife, and the other women are insignificant spectators. It was very obvious in her words and body language in this interview. 

To me, Robyn has never really had to deal with being a sister wife the way the others have. She never really lived together with them--always had her own place (even in her first marriage she was the only wife). When she and Kody married, she was obviously the favorite and Kody was focused on making babies with her. Christine had just given birth to Truely and was complaining that he wasn't paying her any attention anymore, Janelle was Janelle, and he and Meri were admittedly having "problems."

When Robyn first joined the family, any time there was a meeting on camera, it seemed that Kody always came with Robyn or was at her house. The other wives seemed to be left to their own devices with Kody focused on his new marriage.

• Love 12

We've spoken in this thread about the weird picture of Kody with the kids from Robyn's first marriage . . . wherein their REAL father was eliminated, and a picture of the younger Kody was inserted (because "we shoulda been together from the beginning").

I've recently been reading "The Lady Elizabeth" about Queen Elizabeth I and her relationship with her father, Henry VIII.  The chapter I'm current reading references a portrait that was done of the Tudor Dynasty in the time of Henry VIII.  He wanted to show his son by Jane Seymour, Edward, and his two daughters who (although declared bastards by Henry's proclamation) were in line after Edward.  Note how far away from the center of the picture the girls are.

He also has in the portrait Edward's mother, Jane Seymour (sitting next to Henry) . . . who had been dead for at least six years before this picture was painted.  She died shortly after the death of Edward.  She was Henry's third wife, and at the time the painting was done, he was married to his sixth (last) wife, Katherine Parr.

So Robyn ain't the only one rewriting history by virtue of creating family groups that never existed.

Capture.JPG

• Useful 4
  • Love 9