Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

Agreed that Dayton’s admission doesn’t necessarily mean Robyn lied. At the end of the day, it’s a numbers game for NAU. If they didn’t hit the enrollment numbers they wanted, they are going to be happy to register Dayton. Plus, Dayton is a good applicant did them. It was stated upthread that he is a good student, so NAU doesn’t have to worry about his flunking out and negatively affecting their attrition numbers. He’s out of state, which will appeal to NAU because schools like to boast they have national appeal. And it’s possible NAU wants to be able to say they serve x amount of students with accessibility/disability support. Overall Dayton would have been a good candidate that NAU may  have easily overlooked registration deadlines for and found scholarship money.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Agreed that Dayton’s admission doesn’t necessarily mean Robyn lied. At the end of the day, it’s a numbers game for NAU. If they didn’t hit the enrollment numbers they wanted, they are going to be happy to register Dayton. Plus, Dayton is a good applicant did them. It was stated upthread that he is a good student, so NAU doesn’t have to worry about his flunking out and negatively affecting their attrition numbers. He’s out of state, which will appeal to NAU because schools like to boast they have national appeal. And it’s possible NAU wants to be able to say they serve x amount of students with accessibility/disability support. Overall Dayton would have been a good candidate that NAU may  have easily overlooked registration deadlines for and found scholarship money.

Althouhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........ it was awfully interesting when Robyn slipped and made a comment to Kody "I told you SIX MONTHS ago"... in regards to the move ..... and they had JUST then made the offer for the land.  Which... SUPPOSEDLY happened just a few weeks after Kody decided to move.  Things that make you go "Hmmmm".   And that was out of Robyn's own mouth - and she KNEW she had let the cat out of the bag when she said it.    So Robyn DEFINITELY knew they were moving in the summer - and probably where, too, since Flagstaff was the only place Kody even considered and looked at.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

And that was out of Robyn's own mouth - and she KNEW she had let the cat out of the bag when she said it. 

They really have to start writing these lies down so they can review the list before they film.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

They really have to start writing these lies down so they can review the list before they film.  

But what do you think the other wives thought?  Did EVERYONE know they were moving and where before Kody's poster board presentation?  Or just Robyn?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Can anyone tell me if Sol started 1st grade last Fall (2018)?  Robyn has been adamant that she's not moving again after Flagstaff, and I wonder if this was also part of her urgency.  Sol and Ariella won't be allowed to become transient students?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Did EVERYONE know they were moving and where before Kody's poster board presentation?  Or just Robyn?  

My money is on behind the scenes machinations by Robun so she can hover over Day'un.  The timing and that slip of the tongue sealed it for me.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Can anyone tell me if Sol started 1st grade last Fall (2018)?  Robyn has been adamant that she's not moving again after Flagstaff, and I wonder if this was also part of her urgency.  Sol and Ariella won't be allowed to become transient students?

Well yeah!  Who cares about anyone of the OTHER red-headed stepchildren that Kody had the audacity to father before her two angels (singingk.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Yes he started 1st. With an October birthday, there’s no way he’d be in 2nd. 

But wouldn’t he have already been through kindergarten in LV? So he would have switched schools. 

• Love 1
On 3/8/2019 at 1:10 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Every time I watch this trainwreck I want to grab Robyn and drag her to the salon for a makeover.

That fucking 1940's Joan Crawford hairdo needs to Go.

Robyn has a severe jaw/face and that hair style only emphasizes it.  

I described Robyn’s hair as 70s Loretta Lynn hair to my husband last night.  Ha!  It doesn’t look right w her face shape and possible goiter as you say. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 3/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, xwordfanatik said:

I'm with you.  I love the Oregon coast.

yes yes yes.. Pacific Northwest has beautiful vistas and breath taking views

If there's any chance of hearing *angels singingK*  it would be Oregon, Washington State, British Columbia etc. etc...

gg56893438.jpg

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

yes yes yes.. Pacific Northwest has beautiful vistas and breath taking views

If there's any chance of hearing *angels singingK*  it would be Oregon, Washington State, British Columbia etc. etc...

gg56893438.jpg

Or Colorado.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I am wondering if this has been discussed before-------DH noticed that she wears a pendant lately that does look like a star of David. I can't seem to get  a good look at it so I am not sure what it is. I tried googling because I figured if it wa, there would have been comments or some link. 

What is the necklace she wears? I wonder if it is a claddagh? But really it does look like a 6 pointed star........ thank you for any clarification you might provide.

Dumb question:

Why would you name your kid Dayton if you can't pronounce it? Why didn't she just name him Day-un? To me, having my name pronounced correctly is rilly impor-ant. I mean, rilly, I couldn't dill with that.

• LOL 14
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

Dumb question:

Why would you name your kid Dayton if you can't pronounce it? Why didn't she just name him Day-un? To me, having my name pronounced correctly is rilly impor-ant. I mean, rilly, I couldn't dill with that.

His name was originally David Preston Jessop for his bio father, but in keeping with the tradition of re-writing history, they changed his name to Dayton.

• Love 5

I swear, every time Robyn comes on during the theme saying, "It just feels like destiny.  Like we should have all been together from day one..."

I just picture them all as toddlers fighting over Kody.  😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Gennacide said:

I swear, every time Robyn comes on during the theme saying, "It just feels like destiny.  Like we should have all been together from day one..."

I just picture them all rolling their eyes because things didn't seem to be great before Robyn, but they sure seemed better than they are now.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Gennacide said:

I'm surprised they haven't commissioned a portrait for Father's Day of Kootie and his future wives as toddlers fighting over him.  It would fit right in with that portrait that re-invented Kootie as the Dad of her three older kids before he even met Robyn.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Gennacide said:

She says “it jes feels like dessiny “. Drives me nuts. 😜

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Don't stir me up.  I foam at the mouth and start pissing off the Robyn fans.  😞

Wait, WHAT?  Robyn has FANS?  

I did spot her creepy stepdad at the gatheringk for Aspyn & Mitch.  Robyn let him in to take "pitchers" whilst she birthed the latest 2 kids.  Bleh.  No way would I have allowed that.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Don't stir me up.  I foam at the mouth and start pissing off the Robyn fans.  😞

22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I did spot her creepy stepdad at the gatheringk for Aspyn & Mitch.  Robyn let him in to take "pitchers" whilst she birthed the latest 2 kids.  Bleh.  No way would I have allowed that.

I wouldn't call myself a fan exactly, but I like her for the most part. But don't let that stop you, Kyanight, snark away, lol! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/25/2019 at 3:39 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I believe she said he was present for all  5 births.

• Love 1

Forgive me. Im watching old seasons for the first time.  God Robyn acted like an ass hat over Madison teasing about not agreeing with the mission statement.  And Madison was just trying to push her buttons it was revealed later after Robyn whined and shat bricks over it. 

You must be fun at parties Robyn.  

@ the vow reconfirmation or whatever they called it

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Gennacide said:

Forgive me. Im watching old seasons for the first time.  God Robyn acted like an ass hat over Madison teasing about not agreeing with the mission statement.  And Madison was just trying to push her buttons it was revealed later after Robyn whined and shat bricks over it. 

You must be fun at parties Robyn.  

@ the vow reconfirmation or whatever they called it

Shat is a joke for Mr. X and me.  I first read the word in a Stephen King book, and Mr. X didn't think it was a word.  I said, "if it's good enough for Stephen King, it's good enough for me."  Past tense of shit.

Anyway, Robyn is a buzzkill.  The fact that she speaks with authority on events she wasn't even there for, is just arrogant.  I can't stand the bitch!  Yeah, that commitment ceremony was cringeworthy, in more ways than one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yeah, that commitment ceremony was cringeworthy, in more ways than one.

Seeing the dress that Meri wore, I now understand why she thinks LulaRoe is the height of fashion.  Woman has NO taste.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yeah, that commitment ceremony was cringeworthy, in more ways than one.

Even in the photos, Robyn has a cringe-smile whenever she is pretending to be happy with the SWs.

• Love 8

To me the worst Robyn moment was when she gave her “saving your heart” speech where she vaugeuly talked about losing her virginity before she got married...then made it sound like she was pregnant and abandoned.  She kept saying he broke her heart...

Meanwhile  the guy (her 1st husband) married her & they had 2 more kids after her OOWL pregnancy.  It was ridiculous, awkward, and stupid.  

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Soaper410 said:

To me the worst Robyn moment was when she gave her “saving your heart” speech where she vaugeuly talked about losing her virginity before she got married...then made it sound like she was pregnant and abandoned.  She kept saying he broke her heart...

Meanwhile  the guy (her 1st husband) married her & they had 2 more kids after her OOWL pregnancy.  It was ridiculous, awkward, and stupid.  

That was awful, and her cutting her old husband out of a picture to insert Kody is also awful.   I am not a Robyn fan.  I find Meri annoying, and Christine a little on the dim side; I really can't stand Janelle and Robyn, but Robyn is the my least favorite of the women. 

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

If we're talking about the same "speech" (give in front of all the kids at a home church session), it wasn't her heart she was talking about . . . it was her "cookie" . . . a veiled reference to her virginity.  It was bizarre.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

If we're talking about the same "speech" (give in front of all the kids at a home church session), it wasn't her heart she was talking about . . . it was her "cookie" . . . a veiled reference to her virginity.  It was bizarre.

I think she also threw in something about "stolen virtue" as if David Preston was a rapist, but she married him anyhow.  This in front of a room full of adolescents, including the children of this alleged rapist.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Does she creep anyone else out as much as she does me?

Absolutely.  That whole cookie speech fiasco was the most cringe-worthy thing I have ever seen.  And then hinting that she had somehow "reverted" to being a virgin after meeting Kootie.  It was disgusting.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This is why I think she actually has a true evil streak.  I can find no other reason for her bizarre behavior of inserting herself and her kids into the Brown family and act with such venom towards her first husband, and doing all of this in front of her kids who still see their bio dad.  She is poisoning their minds, negating the bond that the other Brown kids have with Kody who for better or worse is their actual dad, and with all this shoulda been together from Day One crap, has taken over as family spokesperson for things that happened in the family before she was an actual part of it because she actually thinks that she has been with the family since Day One.  Stealth, vindictive, passive-aggressive, vengeful....all wrapped up in a pretty bow with a tear-booger machine that she can turn on and off at will.  Does she creep anyone else out as much as she does me?

Absolutely.  Revisionist history "musta" been her major in college. 

Bashing the bio dad was so wrong.  And wasn't HE the one that filed for divorce?  I can see why.

• Love 7
(edited)
53 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Bashing the bio dad was so wrong.  And wasn't HE the one that filed for divorce?  I can see why.

Sociopath is the term that comes to my mind when thinking of Robyn.  The damage she did to her own kids during that purity speech was incalculable, considering what she alluded their father having done to her. I can't understand why that's not considered abuse if not proven in court.  

If I were those other women I'd watch both my back and my financial future around her; she's a taker from the word, go.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s a review of the purity speech by Robyn. I wanted to post the video but it’s $1.99 . 😂

http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-sister-wives-s06-ep06-robyns.html?m=1

Another hilarious thing about that article is that it recaps the burying of the time capsule, saying they'll probably forget where they buried it.

They just dug it up in a recent episode, and yep. There was a big argument about where they buried it. LOL.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/1/2019 at 11:22 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Her revisionist mind went into high gear when biodad couldn't afford her $1000 Victoria's Secret bills and she met Kootie, who she assumed was rolling in TLC cash.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Sociopath is the term that comes to my mind when thinking of Robyn.  The damage she did to her own kids during that purity speech was incalculable, considering what she alluded their father having done to her. I can't understand why that's not considered abuse if not proven in court.  

If I were those other women I'd watch both my back and my financial future around her; she's a taker from the word, go.

Remembering back, all the kids looked like they were not really paying attention.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Remembering back, all the kids looked like they were not really paying attention.

It seemed to me that the kids were so terribly uncomfortable with the context of the speech, they defensively tuned it out.  Teens embarrass easily and that was way TMI to be divulged to them in a group setting.  Possibly the scenario could be described in abstract terms, without getting personal, in a one on one counseling session with a teenager, but putting it out there the way she did, would cause an OMG moment for a teen, rather than instill standards of virtue.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It seemed to me that the kids were so terribly uncomfortable with the context of the speech, they defensively tuned it out.  Teens embarrass easily and that was way TMI to be divulged to them in a group setting.  Possibly the scenario could be described in abstract terms, without getting personal, in a one on one counseling session with a teenager, but putting it out there the way she did, would cause an OMG moment for a teen, rather than instill standards of virtue.

True.  But the tween's looked like they were not listening or just didn't really get what she was saying.  Yes the older kids looked embarrassed.  Wonder if any of them heeded her words.  My guess is maybe Aspyn is the only one.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

True.  But the tween's looked like they were not listening or just didn't really get what she was saying.  Yes the older kids looked embarrassed.  Wonder if any of them heeded her words.  My guess is maybe Aspyn is the only one.

I got the 'we're doing everything except" vibe from Aspyn and Mitch. Technical purity. I salute those brave enough to marry someone without knowing that they are sexually compatible. There are lots of success stories, obviously. I've had some magic 5th date rude awakenings and can't even imagine waking up on Day 2 of a marriage feeling that way. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9