Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Robyn Brown: Her Sisterwives Have a Closet!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Agree with what you said. My "first wife status" comment was simply that Meri loved shoving her first-in-line status in everyone's face, and she lost the ability to do that when Kody divorced her. In some of the plyg families I know, the first wife actually left the family once the patriarch started favoring another wife (or wives). 

I agree.  I think MAYBE that's all Meri had.  The other wives started popping out lots of babies and Meri was lucky to have her one kid.. so that was her "weapon". (Flaunting her status.)  Then Robyn nipped that right in the bud and Meri had diddley squat.

And Edit:  My post was DEFINITELY not directed to you, Galloway!  I've seen the "first wife status"  written by a bunch of different posters and I was just running off on a tangent of thought as I like to do!  ha ha

Edited by Kyanight
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I feel badly for Meri about the divorce, but other than that farce, she brought this on herself.  Kody didn't suddenly decide to court a new wife and then go out and find one.  Meri introduced Robyn to Kody as a love interest and prospective new wife.  Like I said elsewhere, you reap what you sow.   I'm sure she didn't expect that stab in the back, but plural marriage is a box of chocolates.  Isn't that what Forrest said?  Well whatever.  Close enough.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

She may not have been at all. The dramatic scene depicting the paper signing was a total fake;  the actual event had taken place long before that. So all of the sad face, hand shaking, tearful eyes (complete with inspecting eye boogers) paper signing shtick was all for TV.

It's like the whole faux courtroom scene where the adoptions supposedly happened.  We knew at the time it was aired that it was fake - filming is not allowed in those courtrooms so it was just another Brown Family shell game for ratings.

Yes, I think it was re-enacted...however I think that emotion from Meri is real.  She uses her hair for "privacy" on camera.  VERY often she places herself so that she is sideways from the camera and a turn of the head puts her face out of easy view.  It's an easy mostly subtle masking.  I think this shows that even re-enacted months later, her emotion is strong and can't be hidden even during a fake set up.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

IIRC, they also wanted Meri to be a witness at their legal wedding in LV.  She declined.  I think Robyn's presence at the signing of the papers and the expectation Meri should be there for their legal wedding were K&R's attempts to punish Meri for the catfishing episode.

Robyn wanted Meri at the legal Kody/Robyn wedding because of Meri's "sacrifice" as a way of including her, but Kody was loud and clear against anyone even knowing the date of it happening.  Honestly it was one of the first times that I agreed with him.  He stated that his anniversary with Robyn was their original sealing and he didn't want her getting two anniversaries while everyone else got one.  However...he said that on camera and all, and then he and Robyn quietly (off camera) went skipping off on another 10 honeymoon to the beaches of Hawaii. 

5 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Exactly. Who knows, the recreation we saw may not have even happened in the first place. It could have gone down a lot differently but we were spoon-fed the storyline we saw. It wasn't "for the kids"; that explanation made no sense legally. My opinion- Robyn planted the idea she needed to be the legal wife, then Kody "made" the decision to do just that. Meri was expected to come on board, no matter what her fillings. Meri was obviously upset during the filming. Could have been for a variety of reasons- Being humiliated that she was played by Kody and Robyn in real life and they had to make up a more palatable story, upset she lost First Wife Status, or upset she lost Kody's affection for good. In the end, Robyn did what she does best- took a wrecking ball to other people's lives and came out with what she wanted.

My inner accountant has always wondered this scenario.... this is from my own head and I have zero on show or off show info to back this up.  However.  Meri and Kody would file taxes together with one daughter.  Mariah is off to uni and that's now zero children.  Then there is Robyn right next door with four or five (I can't remember exactly how many at the time of the divorce) children under the age of 18 and a business.  Kody marries Robyn and takes on all her children as dependents and is aligned with her business through marriage to set things up for a some time in a future bankruptcy that covers Robyn's house (he was quickly added on the deed to her house according to online savvies) and business.  Since all the wives have declared the big B in the past, but not Robyn, it made the most sense to me. Nothing to back it up past the fact that the Browns to have a tendency for creative financial juggling.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post

Your inner accountant sounds right, Roslyn, and it is surprising Janelle didn't think of this when she still had 6 living at home.  Robyn has 5 kids and some of Christine's 5 have already left home … though she used them as single-mother welfare pawns in the past.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Robyn wanted Meri at the legal Kody/Robyn wedding because of Meri's "sacrifice" as a way of including her, but Kody was loud and clear against anyone even knowing the date of it happening.  Honestly it was one of the first times that I agreed with him.  He stated that his anniversary with Robyn was their original sealing and he didn't want her getting two anniversaries while everyone else got one.  However...he said that on camera and all, and then he and Robyn quietly (off camera) went skipping off on another 10 honeymoon to the beaches of Hawaii. 

My inner accountant has always wondered this scenario.... this is from my own head and I have zero on show or off show info to back this up.  However.  Meri and Kody would file taxes together with one daughter.  Mariah is off to uni and that's now zero children.  Then there is Robyn right next door with four or five (I can't remember exactly how many at the time of the divorce) children under the age of 18 and a business.  Kody marries Robyn and takes on all her children as dependents and is aligned with her business through marriage to set things up for a some time in a future bankruptcy that covers Robyn's house (he was quickly added on the deed to her house according to online savvies) and business.  Since all the wives have declared the big B in the past, but not Robyn, it made the most sense to me. Nothing to back it up past the fact that the Browns to have a tendency for creative financial juggling.

I never thought of the financial aspects of it and I think you're right and that may be the main reason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Putting this here, since Dayton is being discussed elsewhere.

Regarding Dayton, this is from Robyn’s blog: (January 2018)

When Dayton was little he struggled with balance, coordination and knowing how to use his body.  When he was excited he would flap his arms and jump around the room.  He would sit for hours setting up cars around the edge of a table or lining up his dinosaurs according to size.  If anyone messed any of it up he would fall apart.  He wouldn’t eat certain foods due to the texture - this included any vegetables.  He would throw up if he had the wrong texture in his mouth.  He struggled with loud noises and lights.   Dayton didn’t give good eye contact in a conversation and struggled to know what was appropriate and okay as far as making friends with other kids. He could talk to adults though, usually about whatever subject he was obsessing about at the time.  There was the elephant phase, the dinosaur phase, (Yea, I became a temporary paleontologist) the alphabet and three letter word phase, the Pokémon phase, the car phase and several others.  He knew more about his favorite subjects or current interests then about everyday life.  He could talk your ear off about his current phase for hours if you let him.  During the dark and scary Pokémon years I felt like his main language was Pokémon and I struggled to speak it.  We would go into a store and he would find one of his “fellow tribesmen” wandering down the toy aisle and they would have a discussion that I did not follow or understand.  Yea, that was a tough phase.  I still shudder at the memory.

I remember trying and trying to teach him how to ride his bike and then gave up.  Somehow he got the impression that in order to go to kindergarten, he would need to know how to ride his bike so he went outside and taught himself how in an afternoon.  At this point, I knew my buddy had something going on with him but I just didn’t know what. I remember when he was in kindergarten, the school was recommending that he be taken out of class to get special help because his testing was so bad.  His teacher was confused by this.  She said she had never had a student come in that knew all the alphabet so well, could spell so many words, or had so much knowledge about dinosaurs. 

“He could end up being a doctor or engineer with how smart he is!” 

Little did I know that this would be the dichotomy that is Dayton his whole life.  When Dayton was in 2nd grade, the school counselor and psychologist brought me in and told me that he wanted to do some tests on Dayton.  I said yes and we started the long process.  This was when I was told that Dayton has Asperger Syndrome.  I was told it is a high functioning form of Autism.  Dayton had a lot of the behaviors.  It made sense to me because although he was amazing he also struggled with some things quite a bit.  He was artistic, intelligent, had an amazing memory and a sweet disposition, but he also really struggled in school, didn’t understand how to make friends, or how to deal with stress and didn’t have mind-body connection.  The more I learned and researched the more I started to understand what challenges were ahead for him and what I had to do as a mom to support him and advocate for him.  It was my job as his mother to help the world open their eyes to the amazing person before them, help fight for him to get the support he needed and help eliminate stress for him as much as I could.  You see, when someone with Autism or Asperger Syndrome is stressed out, the behaviors that make them stand out are more prevalent.  It has been a long journey but I have been determined to make sure he has every opportunity to be successful and happy.  I have been accused of being a helicopter parent but unless you have been in my shoes you don’t get it.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Yes, I think it was re-enacted...however I think that emotion from Meri is real.  She uses her hair for "privacy" on camera.  VERY often she places herself so that she is sideways from the camera and a turn of the head puts her face out of easy view.  It's an easy mostly subtle masking.  I think this shows that even re-enacted months later, her emotion is strong and can't be hidden even during a fake set up.

Yes I think Meri was still very upset even if it was just done for the filming purpose.  You could tell the hurt on her face.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Putting this here, since Dayton is being discussed elsewhere.

Regarding Dayton, this is from Robyn’s blog: (January 2018)

When Dayton was little he struggled with balance, coordination and knowing how to use his body.  When he was excited he would flap his arms and jump around the room.  He would sit for hours setting up cars around the edge of a table or lining up his dinosaurs according to size.  If anyone messed any of it up he would fall apart.  He wouldn’t eat certain foods due to the texture - this included any vegetables.  He would throw up if he had the wrong texture in his mouth.  He struggled with loud noises and lights.   Dayton didn’t give good eye contact in a conversation and struggled to know what was appropriate and okay as far as making friends with other kids. He could talk to adults though, usually about whatever subject he was obsessing about at the time.  There was the elephant phase, the dinosaur phase, (Yea, I became a temporary paleontologist) the alphabet and three letter word phase, the Pokémon phase, the car phase and several others.  He knew more about his favorite subjects or current interests then about everyday life.  He could talk your ear off about his current phase for hours if you let him.  During the dark and scary Pokémon years I felt like his main language was Pokémon and I struggled to speak it.  We would go into a store and he would find one of his “fellow tribesmen” wandering down the toy aisle and they would have a discussion that I did not follow or understand.  Yea, that was a tough phase.  I still shudder at the memory.

I remember trying and trying to teach him how to ride his bike and then gave up.  Somehow he got the impression that in order to go to kindergarten, he would need to know how to ride his bike so he went outside and taught himself how in an afternoon.  At this point, I knew my buddy had something going on with him but I just didn’t know what. I remember when he was in kindergarten, the school was recommending that he be taken out of class to get special help because his testing was so bad.  His teacher was confused by this.  She said she had never had a student come in that knew all the alphabet so well, could spell so many words, or had so much knowledge about dinosaurs. 

“He could end up being a doctor or engineer with how smart he is!” 

Little did I know that this would be the dichotomy that is Dayton his whole life.  When Dayton was in 2nd grade, the school counselor and psychologist brought me in and told me that he wanted to do some tests on Dayton.  I said yes and we started the long process.  This was when I was told that Dayton has Asperger Syndrome.  I was told it is a high functioning form of Autism.  Dayton had a lot of the behaviors.  It made sense to me because although he was amazing he also struggled with some things quite a bit.  He was artistic, intelligent, had an amazing memory and a sweet disposition, but he also really struggled in school, didn’t understand how to make friends, or how to deal with stress and didn’t have mind-body connection.  The more I learned and researched the more I started to understand what challenges were ahead for him and what I had to do as a mom to support him and advocate for him.  It was my job as his mother to help the world open their eyes to the amazing person before them, help fight for him to get the support he needed and help eliminate stress for him as much as I could.  You see, when someone with Autism or Asperger Syndrome is stressed out, the behaviors that make them stand out are more prevalent.  It has been a long journey but I have been determined to make sure he has every opportunity to be successful and happy.  I have been accused of being a helicopter parent but unless you have been in my shoes you don’t get it.

Thank you @ginger90 I had read this previously so I was aware but I am glad you posted it for everyone else. 

And, I can relate!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I’m starting over and watching from beginning (I’ve seen most, but I know when it first started, I wasn’t a loyal viewer). This is a long shot but does anyone remember which episode Robin dropped her bills on the counter for everyone to pay and explained why her long legs required VS bottoms? 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

I’m starting over and watching from beginning (I’ve seen most, but I know when it first started, I wasn’t a loyal viewer). This is a long shot but does anyone remember which episode Robin dropped her bills on the counter for everyone to pay and explained why her long legs required VS bottoms? 

In The Price of Polygamy, Season 2, Episode 3, she asks if that’s what she’s supposed to do. Perhaps she actually did in a different episode. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

In The Price of Polygamy, Season 2, Episode 3, she asks if that’s what she’s supposed to do. Perhaps she actually did in a different episode. 

Okay, I did just see that episode and thought for sure it was it. But didn’t see the part where she mentioned VS bills unless that was discusssd in SM perhaps? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Awfarmington said:

Okay, I did just see that episode and thought for sure it was it. But didn’t see the part where she mentioned VS bills unless that was discusssd in SM perhaps? 

That bill was disclosed online, not by her, as part of her debt when she got divorced. She did acknowledge it later, and explained she has long legs, and there was no Walmart in her town. 😂 I think the credit card  bill was around $1,000..

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well, she had to have new undergarment duds to surprise Kootie with.  Meanwhile, Christine was giving birth to #13.  I'm surprised they even named Truely.  No surprise Kootie doesn't even know her routine, what?  Nine or ten years later?  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, she had to have new undergarment duds to surprise Kootie with.  Meanwhile, Christine was giving birth to #13.  I'm surprised they even named Truely.  No surprise Kootie doesn't even know her routine, what?  Nine or ten years later?  

 You are going to get my blood boiling......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sorry if I offended you...

HA HA HA HA - NOOOOOOO - NOT AT ALL!!!   My blood was boiling at KODY!!  I cannot stand favoritism with one's own kids and he's so obvious about it!!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Kyanight said:

HA HA HA HA - NOOOOOOO - NOT AT ALL!!!   My blood was boiling at KODY!!  I cannot stand favoritism with one's own kids and he's so obvious about it!!

He is loathsome!  

I'm glad you weren't offended by my Robyn comment.  She irritates me almost as much as Meri does.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 4:58 PM, ginger90 said:

Putting this here, since Dayton is being discussed elsewhere.

Regarding Dayton, this is from Robyn’s blog: (January 2018)

Interesting blog from Robyn, but if I had to rate the Brown kids on who I root for the most, Dayton would be at the very top of my list.  It must've been a huge adjustment for him to be plunked into the middle of a loud, large family and suddenly have several new relationships to navigate while his mom was busy modeling lingerie for her new husband, his bio dad was being erased from his personal history by his mom, and his sisters were competing over New Daddy Kody.  I recall him coming into the family and being very quiet, standing at the outskirts of the group and observing a lot of the time.  It made me so happy when he was older and he was doing a couch session with some of the older boys and he seemed to be right in the mix, joking and laughing with them.  I'm not saying Robyn doesn't deserve some credit for acclimating him into the family, but my gut tells me that most of it came from Dayton himself, as well as the older kids making sure he was included in a way that made him comfortable.

For the record - Brown kids I am rooting for after Dayton would be Ysabel, Truely and Savannah. 🙂

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That bill was disclosed online, not by her, as part of her debt when she got divorced. She did acknowledge it later, and explained she has long legs, and there was no Walmart in her town. 😂 I think the credit card  bill was around $1,000..

Thank you, it was driving me nuts, mystery solved lol 

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2019 at 6:31 PM, Roslyn said:

Robyn wanted Meri at the legal Kody/Robyn wedding because of Meri's "sacrifice" as a way of including her, but Kody was loud and clear against anyone even knowing the date of it happening.  Honestly it was one of the first times that I agreed with him.  He stated that his anniversary with Robyn was their original sealing and he didn't want her getting two anniversaries while everyone else got one.  However...he said that on camera and all, and then he and Robyn quietly (off camera) went skipping off on another 10 honeymoon to the beaches of Hawaii. 

My inner accountant has always wondered this scenario.... this is from my own head and I have zero on show or off show info to back this up.  However.  Meri and Kody would file taxes together with one daughter.  Mariah is off to uni and that's now zero children.  Then there is Robyn right next door with four or five (I can't remember exactly how many at the time of the divorce) children under the age of 18 and a business.  Kody marries Robyn and takes on all her children as dependents and is aligned with her business through marriage to set things up for a some time in a future bankruptcy that covers Robyn's house (he was quickly added on the deed to her house according to online savvies) and business.  Since all the wives have declared the big B in the past, but not Robyn, it made the most sense to me. Nothing to back it up past the fact that the Browns to have a tendency for creative financial juggling.

This!!  I have thought that they did it for tax benefits all along.   And that added to the poor Meri not having eleventy billion kids and it’s not her fault. 

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 2:58 PM, ginger90 said:

Putting this here, since Dayton is being discussed elsewhere.

Regarding Dayton, this is from Robyn’s blog: (January 2018)

 When Dayton was little he struggled with ........

As I read through this post, I felt a tad uncomfortable, like it was too invasive and exposed Dayton's 'weaknesses', 'issues'--whatever you want to call it. This is not an anonymous blog, they are in the public eye, and Dayton is old enough to tell his own story--or NOT tell his story in such a public manner. I could be wrong, but I doubt that Robyn discussed this post with Dayton and asked him if he was comfortable with sharing such details. Forgive me--I am a psychologist, and with all the ethical guidelines as well as best practices to promote positive therapeutic outcomes,  I am acutely aware of the importance of one's control and ownership of his/her story/narrative.  A person's story is not for others to tell. Perhaps Dayton is completely comfortable with such details being shared so publicly and my discomfort is unwarranted. 

I have been impressed with many of the older kids and how they seem to be really good people: Logan, Janelle's boys, Gwendolyn, Ysobelle, Dayton. With the clusterfuck of dysfunction between the 'adults', many of these kids have grown up to be very decent, kind, and responsible individuals. I kind of love when the kids make known their opinions and call out parental hypocrisy. Like when Logan essentially called Kody out in Hawaii about his sudden need to eschew pork and Kody's resulting tantrum because he wasn't being blindly followed (clearly a demonstration that the sudden forbidding of pork was never part of the ever-changing evolution of the  fambly religion thus far). I also appreciate Logan making his own way and learning from his parents' mistakes--rejecting polygamy, his relationship with Michelle, his responsibility regarding his education and future, his willingness to risk losing his glorious eternal position on Planet Kody by continuing to consume bacon, etc. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/20/2019 at 7:39 PM, ginger90 said:

That bill was disclosed online, not by her, as part of her debt when she got divorced. She did acknowledge it later, and explained she has long legs, and there was no Walmart in her town. 😂 I think the credit card  bill was around $1,000..

$4,000

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

$4,000

I’ve only seen $1000. as the amount for the VS credit card.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I’ve only seen $1000. as the amount for the VS credit card.

Me too.  That's a lot of teddies, bustiers, and thong undies.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Me too.  That's a lot of teddies, bustiers, and thong undies.

With other credit cards, and who knows what else, she was held responsible for about $32,000 of the debt when she got divorced.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Me too.  That's a lot of teddies, bustiers, and thong undies.

Listen, she said it was long pajama bottoms!! 

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/20/2019 at 9:26 PM, Kyanight said:

HA HA HA HA - NOOOOOOO - NOT AT ALL!!!   My blood was boiling at KODY!!  I cannot stand favoritism with one's own kids and he's so obvious about it!!

1. I completely agree re: favouritism. My mother heavily favoured my brother, still does in fact, and it was heartbreaking when I was younger. We have a see you once a year relationship now, even though I have her only grandchildren and she's 45 minutes away. I initially worked hard to not show favourites between my kids, but soon realized that I genuinely adore each for her amazing self. Amazing how unconditional love can make a family close; we actually love spending time together, and my kids are now teens. 

2. I've been wanting to say this for awhile, but KYANIGHT, I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts and perspectives with us. I've always respected your opinions and posts; that you have experience with this lifestyle adds an element of discussion that enhances the conversation. Anyhow, thank you for sharing your thoughts and for what it's worth, I appreciate your perspective. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, LoneWolf said:

1. I completely agree re: favouritism. My mother heavily favoured my brother, still does in fact, and it was heartbreaking when I was younger. We have a see you once a year relationship now, even though I have her only grandchildren and she's 45 minutes away. I initially worked hard to not show favourites between my kids, but soon realized that I genuinely adore each for her amazing self. Amazing how unconditional love can make a family close; we actually love spending time together, and my kids are now teens. 

2. I've been wanting to say this for awhile, but KYANIGHT, I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts and perspectives with us. I've always respected your opinions and posts; that you have experience with this lifestyle adds an element of discussion that enhances the conversation. Anyhow, thank you for sharing your thoughts and for what it's worth, I appreciate your perspective. 

Wow... thank you so much!  You and Gothish have really helped me "grow a pair".   It's hard to go against the grain when you were raised a certain way (and my parents weren't polygamists but VERY traditional and strict) and taught to submit and be subservient.   I understand that this way of life is actually repulsive and offensive to many people, and I know there will be people who will NOT be as kind as you two - but I think I can handle the adversity better knowing there are others who don't view me like a "meek roach".  lol    A SHEEP maybe... that's ok... but not a roach!  😉

Now as to the favoritism crap - I am SOOO sorry that you went through that.  As long as I live I will NEVER  - NEVER - understand it.  It makes no sense to me ... and yet it happens more often than it should.  It is definitely your MOTHER'S LOSS!  She could have had a best friend in you - and there ARE no better best friends than your children!  Do you ever wonder what happened to her to make her that way?  My husband's family had a lot of discord and I don't think he got a lot of love growing up with that (anger and fighting) and so many siblings, so I try to excuse his failings in picking and choosing which of his children "mattered".  He missed out on a lot, and although most of our kids love him still, they rarely speak to him and aren't interested in a relationship anymore.

You sound a lot like me in how we view our kids.  Sometimes one child needs more than the others - but it all evens out.  And each has unique talents and qualities and "lovability".  I adore my kids.  Have you seen that movie "City of Angels" when Nicholas Cage asks people what the best thing about life was?  From the moment I saw that movie my answer has always been the same:  "each and every one of my kids".  Such a gift.  Your mother (and my husband) just failed to appreciate the most precious gift they will ever have.  It's a pity.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Wow... thank you so much!  You and Gothish have really helped me "grow a pair".   It's hard to go against the grain when you were raised a certain way (and my parents weren't polygamists but VERY traditional and strict) and taught to submit and be subservient.   I understand that this way of life is actually repulsive and offensive to many people, and I know there will be people who will NOT be as kind as you two - but I think I can handle the adversity better knowing there are others who don't view me like a "meek roach".  lol    A SHEEP maybe... that's ok... but not a roach!  😉

Now as to the favoritism crap - I am SOOO sorry that you went through that.  As long as I live I will NEVER  - NEVER - understand it.  It makes no sense to me ... and yet it happens more often than it should.  It is definitely your MOTHER'S LOSS!  She could have had a best friend in you - and there ARE no better best friends than your children!  Do you ever wonder what happened to her to make her that way?  My husband's family had a lot of discord and I don't think he got a lot of love growing up with that (anger and fighting) and so many siblings, so I try to excuse his failings in picking and choosing which of his children "mattered".  He missed out on a lot, and although most of our kids love him still, they rarely speak to him and aren't interested in a relationship anymore.

You sound a lot like me in how we view our kids.  Sometimes one child needs more than the others - but it all evens out.  And each has unique talents and qualities and "lovability".  I adore my kids.  Have you seen that movie "City of Angels" when Nicholas Cage asks people what the best thing about life was?  From the moment I saw that movie my answer has always been the same:  "each and every one of my kids".  Such a gift.  Your mother (and my husband) just failed to appreciate the most precious gift they will ever have.  It's a pity.

Thank you so much for your kind words. And please don't be shy, this is a "safe" space! 😄

As for favoritism, my mother always maintained that she loved each of her four children equally - even in private, when I would tease her with "Come on Mom, I know I'm your favorite, admit it!", she wouldn't bite.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

As for favoritism, my mother always maintained that she loved each of her four children equally - even in private, when I would tease her with "Come on Mom, I know I'm your favorite, admit it!", she wouldn't bite.

My mother was the same way.  What is funny is that in our 40s & 50s my 3 siblings and I were discussing this amongst ourselves and 3 of us thought we were Mom's favourite and 2 of us thought we were Dad's favourite, though we had kept it to ourselves up until then.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/16/2019 at 6:12 AM, Irate Panda said:

I have read on other boards Robyn “stole” legal wife position but I always thought Meri really divorced Kody because she still thought Sam was real at that point and seriously wanted to run off with him.

I also think that Meri wanted to run off with Sam.. All the tears and hand wringing were manufactured.

Then she finds out that she's been catfished and she's also given up her 1st wife status for nothing. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I also think that Meri wanted to run off with Sam.. All the tears and hand wringing were manufactured.

Then she finds out that she's been catfished and she's also given up her 1st wife status for nothing. 😂

Yeah.... Kody and Robyn asked her to divorce Kody long before the catfish - so she had already lost everything before she met "Sam".  And since Kody was ALLLLLL about Robyn and didn't even notice his other wives, it's no surprise she was lonely and vulnerable.  She brought it on herself - but as for the divorce- I TOTALLY feel sorry for her.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I just caught up on this season's episodes and to me Robyn does not look well. Her neck is huge and her face is large, like she is on steroids.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, neh said:

I just caught up on this season's episodes and to me Robyn does not look well. Her neck is huge and her face is large, like she is on steroids.

Did it look like her chin was a cinder block?  It's all good - that's how she always looks.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Cute picture.  Robyn, you forgot to add that King Sol is Kootie's favorite, and it's painfully obvious that he doesn't give a crap about most of the other spawn.  Oh, except Ari and the adoptees that you want to believe were Kootie's "from Day 1." 

You annoy the crap out of me, dear Robyn.  Go flip your hair and go eye-booger hunting.  Stealth bitch.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

47F06042-0C10-4240-8D06-09AF47EE32AB.jpeg

43FD4FF3-F029-44C4-A40C-AEA1674E6165.jpeg

I call major shenanigans on this unless Robyn had told Dayun that the move to Flagstaff was a possibility/probability way before any of the other kids knew. The acceptance might have come quickly, but the waiting on scholarships is a longer process. Robyn, you are lying.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

47F06042-0C10-4240-8D06-09AF47EE32AB.jpeg

43FD4FF3-F029-44C4-A40C-AEA1674E6165.jpeg

I don't believe her for one flipping minute. She's lying about him hurriedly applying to NAU. He also would not have gotten any scholarship $$ if he was last-minute applying in late May, which is when they filmed the moving pitch. I believe all scholarship submissions have to be in by December. Stupid Robyn didn't take college application submission deadlines into account when she made all this up. She's a liar.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Could the Browns manage to get financial aid for their kids because they have TLC put the income from their show into a corporation/production company set up on their behalf?  That company then could pay all their bills without it being "taxable income" to them so when they fill out the FAFSA for college they qualify for grants and subsidized loans.  Hence the "scholarships"....

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I don't believe her for one flipping minute. She's lying about him hurriedly applying to NAU. He also would not have gotten any scholarship $$ if he was last-minute applying in late May, which is when they filmed the moving pitch. I believe all scholarship submissions have to be in by December. Stupid Robyn didn't take college application submission deadlines into account when she made all this up. She's a liar.

Special Ed. scholarships might be different, although they never said it was a scholarship based on his disability. My son went to a major state university with scholarships from the Division of Blind Services. His deadlines were different and he had to reapply each semester so they could be sure he was keeping up his grades.

  • Useful 9

Share this post


Link to post

Was there any mention of what field Dayton is interested in?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

Could the Browns manage to get financial aid for their kids because they have TLC put the income from their show into a corporation/production company set up on their behalf?  That company then could pay all their bills without it being "taxable income" to them so when they fill out the FAFSA for college they qualify for grants and subsidized loans.  Hence the "scholarships"....

One of my kids was in the Daniels Fund Scholarship program.  They have mandatory classes for the parents and college-bound kids and the first thing they stress over and over is that the FAFSA must be filled out ASAP (like in January or February) because after that the money is quickly disbursed.  I think Robyn is lying through her honkin' huge chin.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Dear Sponge Robyn Square Head:

I smell smoke.  Your pants are burning up!  Major bullshit.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ehall1052 said:

Special Ed. scholarships might be different, although they never said it was a scholarship based on his disability. My son went to a major state university with scholarships from the Division of Blind Services. His deadlines were different and he had to reapply each semester so they could be sure he was keeping up his grades.

Would you mind saying what the financial aid/scholarships deadline was for your son? Just curious. My best friend missed the financial deadline for her kid and her kid ended up going to school locally for a year because she didn’t want to take out a loan. In the end it was the best thing that could’ve happened to her because in that year at local college, she ended up changing her entire major focus and went into an entirely different direction, and transferred into an entirely different school. So everything worked out for the better. However, they really take those college deadlines seriously, and I really doubt that someone could apply for scholarships starting in May, for September admissions. I could be wrong...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Would you mind saying what the financial aid/scholarships deadline was for your son? Just curious. My best friend missed the financial deadline for her kid and her kid ended up going to school locally for a year because she didn’t want to take out a loan. In the end it was the best thing that could’ve happened to her because in that year at local college, she ended up changing her entire major focus and went into an entirely different direction, and transferred into an entirely different school. So everything worked out for the better. However, they really take those college deadlines seriously, and I really doubt that someone could apply for scholarships starting in May, for September admissions. I could be wrong...

You aren't wrong.   Those things are MONTHS in advance - they never happen in the last month/few weeks before a term.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Would you mind saying what the financial aid/scholarships deadline was for your son? Just curious. My best friend missed the financial deadline for her kid and her kid ended up going to school locally for a year because she didn’t want to take out a loan. In the end it was the best thing that could’ve happened to her because in that year at local college, she ended up changing her entire major focus and went into an entirely different direction, and transferred into an entirely different school. So everything worked out for the better. However, they really take those college deadlines seriously, and I really doubt that someone could apply for scholarships starting in May, for September admissions. I could be wrong...

I don’t really remember the exact amount he received because he qualified for FL academic scholar and had a FL prepaid plan, so Division of Blind Services paid for the balance after he showed them his GPA for the previous semester. When he was in graduate school, Blind Services paid for everything if he passsed the course. One semester he failed a class and he had to return the money to the state ($700!) and when he retook the class, he had to pay for it on his own. Disability scholarships can be great as long as you keep up your grades and don’t waste their money.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

37639126-DD6D-4548-AF1B-EA26846FD526.jpeg

robyn_browns_nest

The laws of energy and the universe.  #howitworks

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×