Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

Well, she had to have new undergarment duds to surprise Kootie with.  Meanwhile, Christine was giving birth to #13.  I'm surprised they even named Truely.  No surprise Kootie doesn't even know her routine, what?  Nine or ten years later?  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, she had to have new undergarment duds to surprise Kootie with.  Meanwhile, Christine was giving birth to #13.  I'm surprised they even named Truely.  No surprise Kootie doesn't even know her routine, what?  Nine or ten years later?  

You are going to get my blood boiling......

• Love 2
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sorry if I offended you...

HA HA HA HA - NOOOOOOO - NOT AT ALL!!!   My blood was boiling at KODY!!  I cannot stand favoritism with one's own kids and he's so obvious about it!!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Kyanight said:

HA HA HA HA - NOOOOOOO - NOT AT ALL!!!   My blood was boiling at KODY!!  I cannot stand favoritism with one's own kids and he's so obvious about it!!

He is loathsome!  

I'm glad you weren't offended by my Robyn comment.  She irritates me almost as much as Meri does.

• Love 6
On 2/18/2019 at 4:58 PM, ginger90 said:

Putting this here, since Dayton is being discussed elsewhere.

Regarding Dayton, this is from Robyn’s blog: (January 2018)

Interesting blog from Robyn, but if I had to rate the Brown kids on who I root for the most, Dayton would be at the very top of my list.  It must've been a huge adjustment for him to be plunked into the middle of a loud, large family and suddenly have several new relationships to navigate while his mom was busy modeling lingerie for her new husband, his bio dad was being erased from his personal history by his mom, and his sisters were competing over New Daddy Kody.  I recall him coming into the family and being very quiet, standing at the outskirts of the group and observing a lot of the time.  It made me so happy when he was older and he was doing a couch session with some of the older boys and he seemed to be right in the mix, joking and laughing with them.  I'm not saying Robyn doesn't deserve some credit for acclimating him into the family, but my gut tells me that most of it came from Dayton himself, as well as the older kids making sure he was included in a way that made him comfortable.

For the record - Brown kids I am rooting for after Dayton would be Ysabel, Truely and Savannah. 🙂

• Love 16
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That bill was disclosed online, not by her, as part of her debt when she got divorced. She did acknowledge it later, and explained she has long legs, and there was no Walmart in her town. 😂 I think the credit card  bill was around $1,000..

Thank you, it was driving me nuts, mystery solved lol 

On 2/17/2019 at 6:31 PM, Roslyn said:

Robyn wanted Meri at the legal Kody/Robyn wedding because of Meri's "sacrifice" as a way of including her, but Kody was loud and clear against anyone even knowing the date of it happening.  Honestly it was one of the first times that I agreed with him.  He stated that his anniversary with Robyn was their original sealing and he didn't want her getting two anniversaries while everyone else got one.  However...he said that on camera and all, and then he and Robyn quietly (off camera) went skipping off on another 10 honeymoon to the beaches of Hawaii. 

My inner accountant has always wondered this scenario.... this is from my own head and I have zero on show or off show info to back this up.  However.  Meri and Kody would file taxes together with one daughter.  Mariah is off to uni and that's now zero children.  Then there is Robyn right next door with four or five (I can't remember exactly how many at the time of the divorce) children under the age of 18 and a business.  Kody marries Robyn and takes on all her children as dependents and is aligned with her business through marriage to set things up for a some time in a future bankruptcy that covers Robyn's house (he was quickly added on the deed to her house according to online savvies) and business.  Since all the wives have declared the big B in the past, but not Robyn, it made the most sense to me. Nothing to back it up past the fact that the Browns to have a tendency for creative financial juggling.

This!!  I have thought that they did it for tax benefits all along.   And that added to the poor Meri not having eleventy billion kids and it’s not her fault. 

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 5
On 2/18/2019 at 2:58 PM, ginger90 said:

Putting this here, since Dayton is being discussed elsewhere.

Regarding Dayton, this is from Robyn’s blog: (January 2018)

When Dayton was little he struggled with ........

As I read through this post, I felt a tad uncomfortable, like it was too invasive and exposed Dayton's 'weaknesses', 'issues'--whatever you want to call it. This is not an anonymous blog, they are in the public eye, and Dayton is old enough to tell his own story--or NOT tell his story in such a public manner. I could be wrong, but I doubt that Robyn discussed this post with Dayton and asked him if he was comfortable with sharing such details. Forgive me--I am a psychologist, and with all the ethical guidelines as well as best practices to promote positive therapeutic outcomes,  I am acutely aware of the importance of one's control and ownership of his/her story/narrative.  A person's story is not for others to tell. Perhaps Dayton is completely comfortable with such details being shared so publicly and my discomfort is unwarranted. 

I have been impressed with many of the older kids and how they seem to be really good people: Logan, Janelle's boys, Gwendolyn, Ysobelle, Dayton. With the clusterfuck of dysfunction between the 'adults', many of these kids have grown up to be very decent, kind, and responsible individuals. I kind of love when the kids make known their opinions and call out parental hypocrisy. Like when Logan essentially called Kody out in Hawaii about his sudden need to eschew pork and Kody's resulting tantrum because he wasn't being blindly followed (clearly a demonstration that the sudden forbidding of pork was never part of the ever-changing evolution of the  fambly religion thus far). I also appreciate Logan making his own way and learning from his parents' mistakes--rejecting polygamy, his relationship with Michelle, his responsibility regarding his education and future, his willingness to risk losing his glorious eternal position on Planet Kody by continuing to consume bacon, etc. 

• Love 13
On 2/20/2019 at 7:39 PM, ginger90 said:

That bill was disclosed online, not by her, as part of her debt when she got divorced. She did acknowledge it later, and explained she has long legs, and there was no Walmart in her town. 😂 I think the credit card  bill was around $1,000..

$4,000

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Me too.  That's a lot of teddies, bustiers, and thong undies.

With other credit cards, and who knows what else, she was held responsible for about $32,000 of the debt when she got divorced.

• Love 2
On 2/20/2019 at 9:26 PM, Kyanight said:

1. I completely agree re: favouritism. My mother heavily favoured my brother, still does in fact, and it was heartbreaking when I was younger. We have a see you once a year relationship now, even though I have her only grandchildren and she's 45 minutes away. I initially worked hard to not show favourites between my kids, but soon realized that I genuinely adore each for her amazing self. Amazing how unconditional love can make a family close; we actually love spending time together, and my kids are now teens. 

2. I've been wanting to say this for awhile, but KYANIGHT, I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts and perspectives with us. I've always respected your opinions and posts; that you have experience with this lifestyle adds an element of discussion that enhances the conversation. Anyhow, thank you for sharing your thoughts and for what it's worth, I appreciate your perspective. 

• Love 13
Just now, LoneWolf said:

1. I completely agree re: favouritism. My mother heavily favoured my brother, still does in fact, and it was heartbreaking when I was younger. We have a see you once a year relationship now, even though I have her only grandchildren and she's 45 minutes away. I initially worked hard to not show favourites between my kids, but soon realized that I genuinely adore each for her amazing self. Amazing how unconditional love can make a family close; we actually love spending time together, and my kids are now teens. 

2. I've been wanting to say this for awhile, but KYANIGHT, I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts and perspectives with us. I've always respected your opinions and posts; that you have experience with this lifestyle adds an element of discussion that enhances the conversation. Anyhow, thank you for sharing your thoughts and for what it's worth, I appreciate your perspective. 

Wow... thank you so much!  You and Gothish have really helped me "grow a pair".   It's hard to go against the grain when you were raised a certain way (and my parents weren't polygamists but VERY traditional and strict) and taught to submit and be subservient.   I understand that this way of life is actually repulsive and offensive to many people, and I know there will be people who will NOT be as kind as you two - but I think I can handle the adversity better knowing there are others who don't view me like a "meek roach".  lol    A SHEEP maybe... that's ok... but not a roach!  😉

Now as to the favoritism crap - I am SOOO sorry that you went through that.  As long as I live I will NEVER  - NEVER - understand it.  It makes no sense to me ... and yet it happens more often than it should.  It is definitely your MOTHER'S LOSS!  She could have had a best friend in you - and there ARE no better best friends than your children!  Do you ever wonder what happened to her to make her that way?  My husband's family had a lot of discord and I don't think he got a lot of love growing up with that (anger and fighting) and so many siblings, so I try to excuse his failings in picking and choosing which of his children "mattered".  He missed out on a lot, and although most of our kids love him still, they rarely speak to him and aren't interested in a relationship anymore.

You sound a lot like me in how we view our kids.  Sometimes one child needs more than the others - but it all evens out.  And each has unique talents and qualities and "lovability".  I adore my kids.  Have you seen that movie "City of Angels" when Nicholas Cage asks people what the best thing about life was?  From the moment I saw that movie my answer has always been the same:  "each and every one of my kids".  Such a gift.  Your mother (and my husband) just failed to appreciate the most precious gift they will ever have.  It's a pity.

• Love 15
22 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Wow... thank you so much!  You and Gothish have really helped me "grow a pair".   It's hard to go against the grain when you were raised a certain way (and my parents weren't polygamists but VERY traditional and strict) and taught to submit and be subservient.   I understand that this way of life is actually repulsive and offensive to many people, and I know there will be people who will NOT be as kind as you two - but I think I can handle the adversity better knowing there are others who don't view me like a "meek roach".  lol    A SHEEP maybe... that's ok... but not a roach!  😉

Now as to the favoritism crap - I am SOOO sorry that you went through that.  As long as I live I will NEVER  - NEVER - understand it.  It makes no sense to me ... and yet it happens more often than it should.  It is definitely your MOTHER'S LOSS!  She could have had a best friend in you - and there ARE no better best friends than your children!  Do you ever wonder what happened to her to make her that way?  My husband's family had a lot of discord and I don't think he got a lot of love growing up with that (anger and fighting) and so many siblings, so I try to excuse his failings in picking and choosing which of his children "mattered".  He missed out on a lot, and although most of our kids love him still, they rarely speak to him and aren't interested in a relationship anymore.

You sound a lot like me in how we view our kids.  Sometimes one child needs more than the others - but it all evens out.  And each has unique talents and qualities and "lovability".  I adore my kids.  Have you seen that movie "City of Angels" when Nicholas Cage asks people what the best thing about life was?  From the moment I saw that movie my answer has always been the same:  "each and every one of my kids".  Such a gift.  Your mother (and my husband) just failed to appreciate the most precious gift they will ever have.  It's a pity.

Thank you so much for your kind words. And please don't be shy, this is a "safe" space! 😄

As for favoritism, my mother always maintained that she loved each of her four children equally - even in private, when I would tease her with "Come on Mom, I know I'm your favorite, admit it!", she wouldn't bite.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

As for favoritism, my mother always maintained that she loved each of her four children equally - even in private, when I would tease her with "Come on Mom, I know I'm your favorite, admit it!", she wouldn't bite.

My mother was the same way.  What is funny is that in our 40s & 50s my 3 siblings and I were discussing this amongst ourselves and 3 of us thought we were Mom's favourite and 2 of us thought we were Dad's favourite, though we had kept it to ourselves up until then.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
On 2/16/2019 at 6:12 AM, Irate Panda said:

I have read on other boards Robyn “stole” legal wife position but I always thought Meri really divorced Kody because she still thought Sam was real at that point and seriously wanted to run off with him.

I also think that Meri wanted to run off with Sam.. All the tears and hand wringing were manufactured.

Then she finds out that she's been catfished and she's also given up her 1st wife status for nothing. 😂

31 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I also think that Meri wanted to run off with Sam.. All the tears and hand wringing were manufactured.

Then she finds out that she's been catfished and she's also given up her 1st wife status for nothing. 😂

Yeah.... Kody and Robyn asked her to divorce Kody long before the catfish - so she had already lost everything before she met "Sam".  And since Kody was ALLLLLL about Robyn and didn't even notice his other wives, it's no surprise she was lonely and vulnerable.  She brought it on herself - but as for the divorce- I TOTALLY feel sorry for her.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, neh said:

I just caught up on this season's episodes and to me Robyn does not look well. Her neck is huge and her face is large, like she is on steroids.

Did it look like her chin was a cinder block?  It's all good - that's how she always looks.

• LOL 5

Cute picture.  Robyn, you forgot to add that King Sol is Kootie's favorite, and it's painfully obvious that he doesn't give a crap about most of the other spawn.  Oh, except Ari and the adoptees that you want to believe were Kootie's "from Day 1." 

You annoy the crap out of me, dear Robyn.  Go flip your hair and go eye-booger hunting.  Stealth bitch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

47F06042-0C10-4240-8D06-09AF47EE32AB.jpeg

43FD4FF3-F029-44C4-A40C-AEA1674E6165.jpeg

I call major shenanigans on this unless Robyn had told Dayun that the move to Flagstaff was a possibility/probability way before any of the other kids knew. The acceptance might have come quickly, but the waiting on scholarships is a longer process. Robyn, you are lying.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 15
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

47F06042-0C10-4240-8D06-09AF47EE32AB.jpeg

43FD4FF3-F029-44C4-A40C-AEA1674E6165.jpeg

I don't believe her for one flipping minute. She's lying about him hurriedly applying to NAU. He also would not have gotten any scholarship $$ if he was last-minute applying in late May, which is when they filmed the moving pitch. I believe all scholarship submissions have to be in by December. Stupid Robyn didn't take college application submission deadlines into account when she made all this up. She's a liar.

• Love 14

Could the Browns manage to get financial aid for their kids because they have TLC put the income from their show into a corporation/production company set up on their behalf?  That company then could pay all their bills without it being "taxable income" to them so when they fill out the FAFSA for college they qualify for grants and subsidized loans.  Hence the "scholarships"....

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I don't believe her for one flipping minute. She's lying about him hurriedly applying to NAU. He also would not have gotten any scholarship $$ if he was last-minute applying in late May, which is when they filmed the moving pitch. I believe all scholarship submissions have to be in by December. Stupid Robyn didn't take college application submission deadlines into account when she made all this up. She's a liar.

Special Ed. scholarships might be different, although they never said it was a scholarship based on his disability. My son went to a major state university with scholarships from the Division of Blind Services. His deadlines were different and he had to reapply each semester so they could be sure he was keeping up his grades.

• Useful 10
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

Could the Browns manage to get financial aid for their kids because they have TLC put the income from their show into a corporation/production company set up on their behalf?  That company then could pay all their bills without it being "taxable income" to them so when they fill out the FAFSA for college they qualify for grants and subsidized loans.  Hence the "scholarships"....

One of my kids was in the Daniels Fund Scholarship program.  They have mandatory classes for the parents and college-bound kids and the first thing they stress over and over is that the FAFSA must be filled out ASAP (like in January or February) because after that the money is quickly disbursed.  I think Robyn is lying through her honkin' huge chin.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ehall1052 said:

Special Ed. scholarships might be different, although they never said it was a scholarship based on his disability. My son went to a major state university with scholarships from the Division of Blind Services. His deadlines were different and he had to reapply each semester so they could be sure he was keeping up his grades.

Would you mind saying what the financial aid/scholarships deadline was for your son? Just curious. My best friend missed the financial deadline for her kid and her kid ended up going to school locally for a year because she didn’t want to take out a loan. In the end it was the best thing that could’ve happened to her because in that year at local college, she ended up changing her entire major focus and went into an entirely different direction, and transferred into an entirely different school. So everything worked out for the better. However, they really take those college deadlines seriously, and I really doubt that someone could apply for scholarships starting in May, for September admissions. I could be wrong...

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Would you mind saying what the financial aid/scholarships deadline was for your son? Just curious. My best friend missed the financial deadline for her kid and her kid ended up going to school locally for a year because she didn’t want to take out a loan. In the end it was the best thing that could’ve happened to her because in that year at local college, she ended up changing her entire major focus and went into an entirely different direction, and transferred into an entirely different school. So everything worked out for the better. However, they really take those college deadlines seriously, and I really doubt that someone could apply for scholarships starting in May, for September admissions. I could be wrong...

You aren't wrong.   Those things are MONTHS in advance - they never happen in the last month/few weeks before a term.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I don’t really remember the exact amount he received because he qualified for FL academic scholar and had a FL prepaid plan, so Division of Blind Services paid for the balance after he showed them his GPA for the previous semester. When he was in graduate school, Blind Services paid for everything if he passsed the course. One semester he failed a class and he had to return the money to the state ($700!) and when he retook the class, he had to pay for it on his own. Disability scholarships can be great as long as you keep up your grades and don’t waste their money.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Best be looking over your shoulder, Stealth Wife.  Karma is a bitch.

I have to laugh because actual "true" Karma doesn't work like everyone thinks.  For example, if someone does something very mean to you and you think "oh boy - Karma is going to bite YOUR butt, buddy!"  you aren't taking into account that in a past life you might have done something equally mean to this person and you had it coming!!  This explains why crap happens to the nicest people!  They might not have been so nice in a past life and what goes around comes around!  Karma is based in reincarnation!

The second reason Robyn's post made me laugh was the irony of it all.  Sometimes the sneakiest and most selfish people don't even realize it, so when someone retaliates or doesn't go along with the bullcrap they feel "wronged" and want "justice" for a situation that never deserved that kind of justice in the first place!  I feel like Robyn (and also Meri) can never look at themselves objectively.  They never do anything wrong themselves, and if they do something that APPEARS to be wrong (I.E. catfishing) it wasn't THEIR fault - it's 100% the catfisher's fault for being a catfisher... nevermind that you had no business romancing on the internet!

Meh... I'm wordy this morning.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

The second reason Robyn's post made me laugh was the irony of it all.  Sometimes the sneakiest and most selfish people don't even realize it, so when someone retaliates or doesn't go along with the bullcrap they feel "wronged" and want "justice" for a situation that never deserved that kind of justice in the first place!  I feel like Robyn (and also Meri) can never look at themselves objectively.  

At first I thought Robyn's post was one of Mahamid Frauded Me's parodies, but I think you are right - Robyn is probably targeting someone other than herself with this post, not realizing it describes HER perfectly.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9

Maybe Robyn is tired of the people who leave nasty comments on her twitter and her posted quote is in reference to that?  If you see what some people post directly to them it is appalling.  It's one thing for us to chat about their shows here online amongst ourselves but it is completely rude to go on their twitter or facebook and post nasty things to them.  

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Maybe Robyn is tired of the people who leave nasty comments on her twitter and her posted quote is in reference to that?  If you see what some people post directly to them it is appalling.  It's one thing for us to chat about their shows here online amongst ourselves but it is completely rude to go on their twitter or facebook and post nasty things to them.  

YES!  Totally agree.  I would never try to hurt someone deliberately to their "face", even if it was just online.  I don't know how people do that.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

37639126-DD6D-4548-AF1B-EA26846FD526.jpeg

robyn_browns_nest

The laws of energy and the universe.  #howitworks

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!  🤣🤣🤣

Coming from the Anti-Christ, herself, that is so rich!!! Thanks for posting, Ginger, what a great laugh!

#SatankissesRobynsring

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

YES!  Totally agree.  I would never try to hurt someone deliberately to their "face", even if it was just online.  I don't know how people do that.

Mostly I agree.  BUT.  When I am around someone who looks down on others and preaches lofty ideals that they don't personally follow, i must admit, after a while, my responses aren't always as nice as they might be.  

• Love 12

I would never try to hurt someone deliberately to their "face", even if it was just online.  I don't know how people do that.

Neither would I.  But if it's an issue for them, don't have a Twitter account at all.  It's all so self-aggrandizing anyway.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, suomi said:

https://www.thethings.com/15-facts-sister-wives-star-robyn-brown-time-show/

15 Facts About 'Sister Wives' Star Robyn Brown, Before Her Time On The Show

#3 - She and Kody had a "love at first sight" moment.

No no no no no no no! I don’t know what to pick first, but I will go with that he was a married man! I know, polygamy blah blah blah, but that still has to mean something to her AND HIM that you don’t go around falling in love at first sight.

And no no no to love at first sight. My husband and I have a sweet and romantic backstory, but I would never call it love at first sight. Calling that love is a disservice to what love is. What happens after the words, “I have cancer” or “I have a secret credit card” or “our child is in the hospital” is love. Working through hard things is love. Finding new ways to connect after the hot and heavy phase is love. Love at first sight is not love.

• Love 24