Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

@Kohola3, if I lived close to you I would take you out for a good cup of coffee and a fancy pastry. But first I'd give you a hug. :)

No need, I have lived a responsible life, ever run up my credit cards to the limit, held a full time job for my entire working career, and have never declared bankruptcy. 

I don't subscribe to the Brown Clown School of Grifting and MLM Schemes and have still had plenty of pastries when I wanted them.  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Happy 68th birthday.  Hope you have an enjoyable day.

Thank you, Pickle. I have to say that it is a mystery to me just how I got so old!

• Love 6

Dear Robyn:  please don't pretend you understand your sister wives, especially Meri.

And, please don't sign up to sell LuLaNo.  Bad enough that two? of your bonus kids and two of your sister wives got sucked into the evil vortex.  You'll have to fake understanding the bitching and moaning when the whole damn pyramid collapses.

• Love 4

There's never a right or wrong answer.

Sorry, I beg to differ on that one.  The answer to power over a woman is never rape or abuse.  The answer to hatred and control of gays is never murder.  The answer to supporting some politicians is not to send bombs to those who don't.  There are wrong answers.  

You can't be "open minded" and "understand" or justify some things like racism and white supremacy and "she had it coming".  That's just one of those simple minded platitudes she posts without thinking it through.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Sorry, I beg to differ on that one.  The answer to power over a woman is never rape or abuse.  The answer to hatred and control of gays is never murder.  The answer to supporting some politicians is not to send bombs to those who don't.  There are wrong answers.  

You can't be "open minded" and "understand" or justify some things like racism and white supremacy and "she had it coming".  That's just one of those simple minded platitudes she posts without thinking it through.

I don't think these types of sayings refer to obviously bad, disturbing, or evil things. They refer to the more subtle differences between humans and the intolerance often displayed by some when confronted with those who think differently or behave differently.

• Love 7

Just a bland, insipid Hobby Lobby platitude posted by a simple minded woman who sees nothing beyond her own sphere.  I hate those things.  People that use them have no concept of what's happening in the real world.

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Nice cake!

It is a nice looking cake and kudos to the kid (Brianna?) for putting the effort into researching to fit Wonder Woman/She-Ra's special dietary needs.

Fondant makes a nice smooth topping for a cake and affords the possibility for easy to do decorations...but...does anyone ever eat it?  It tastes like sweet clay to me.

And Robyn, it seems odd that a mother should HOPE that they are always close with their child, you would simply "BE" close.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It is a nice looking cake and kudos to the kid (Brianna?) for putting the effort into researching to fit Wonder Woman/She-Ra's special dietary needs.

Fondant makes a nice smooth topping for a cake and affords the possibility for easy to do decorations...but...does anyone ever eat it?  It tastes like sweet clay to me.

(retired baker/cake decorator)

In my experience commercial fondants are just that...sweet clay.  They have a starchy taste to them and I have never liked to eat them.  Some expensive fondants are more palatable, and I know there is a popular homemade fondant with marshmallows that people rave about but I have never personally tried to make or eat. 

I live (and worked) in an area where $1 a serving for wedding cakes was considered very expensive and home decorators sell cakes for barely the cost of ingredients so I had lots of fondant skills with no customers.  My old boss refused to pay me to "waste" my time with fondant cakes, so it was strictly buttercream.  In a world where every bride to be was bringing in photos of fondant cakes from the internet I became very very good at making buttercream cakes LOOK just like fondant cakes.

However...I'm dying to know what her "sugar free" fondant is made out of.  I don't specialize in allergy or specialty baking, but I have no idea what could give the elasticity, color retention and coverage of that cake in the photo that isn't sugar based.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

(retired baker/cake decorator)

In my experience commercial fondants are just that...sweet clay.  They have a starchy taste to them and I have never liked to eat them.  Some expensive fondants are more palatable, and I know there is a popular homemade fondant with marshmallows that people rave about but I have never personally tried to make or eat. 

I live (and worked) in an area where $1 a serving for wedding cakes was considered very expensive and home decorators sell cakes for barely the cost of ingredients so I had lots of fondant skills with no customers.  My old boss refused to pay me to "waste" my time with fondant cakes, so it was strictly buttercream.  In a world where every bride to be was bringing in photos of fondant cakes from the internet I became very very good at making buttercream cakes LOOK just like fondant cakes.

However...I'm dying to know what her "sugar free" fondant is made out of.  I don't specialize in allergy or specialty baking, but I have no idea what could give the elasticity, color retention and coverage of that cake in the photo that isn't sugar based.

Play doh

• Love 9
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures 

That was nice of Aurora (that is her name right?).  She has a cute face with good dimples.  I feel for her and her complexion issues.  My niece also struggles with that.  Robyn has really aged being with this group.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

That was nice of Aurora (that is her name right?).  She has a cute face with good dimples.  I feel for her and her complexion issues.  My niece also struggles with that.  Robyn has really aged being with this group.  

I love that cake!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why do I think Robyn was recognized by a SW watcher, and they gave her the bouquet for mentioning their store online?  Is this type of thing common nowadays?

Here's to being old and out of touch.

If Robyn didn't even wash her face before dashing out, I doubt that she brushed her teeth either.  The flower shop proprietor probably thrust the bouquet on her and said...get the hell outa here, you're smelling up the place.

• Love 3

A bouquet like that costs a bundle from a florist and is easily available in grocery store floral departments for a half or a third less. Will their special someones be getting nice things after the income from the show poofs? Maybe they're investing wisely, because the future. LOL

• Love 5

I was just going to say, at first glance I thought why is Robyn taking pictures of herself from a bunch of weird angles? In several of these pics she looks exactly like Robyn!

Also at first glance I thought Ari was Solomon! 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Isn't Areola a bit old for a pacifier?  If a kid is old enough to talk around it, it has to go.

At 3 1/2 years old I would say yes.  But some kids do use them for nap and bedtime.  Which my daughter was off the bottle by 13 months, the pacifier took till about 16 months.  I just stopped buying them.  When the last one bit the dust I didn't replace.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

At 3 1/2 years old I would say yes.  But some kids do use them for nap and bedtime.  Which my daughter was off the bottle by 13 months, the pacifier took till about 16 months.  I just stopped buying them.  When the last one bit the dust I didn't replace.

All 3 of my grandkids used the "sucker" for a long time and didn't potty train til late either.  Now they are two teenagers and a ten year old and doing very well.  I think it is all relative.  There are many variations of normal.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

All 3 of my grandkids used the "sucker" for a long time and didn't potty train til late either.  Now they are two teenagers and a ten year old and doing very well.  I think it is all relative.  There are many variations of normal.  

Yes, i guess as long as they eventually give them up.  My aunt used to baby sit for a girl and when she went off to school she was still using a bottle and yes she had awful teeth from using the bottle.  i think she was 6 before the family doctor and dentist said give it up.  She eventually needed surgery to correct the misshapen upper palate.  

• Love 1
On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎30 at 6:09 AM, Kohola3 said:

Isn't Areola a bit old for a pacifier?  If a kid is old enough to talk around it, it has to go.

I agree, but am glad she seems to have weened herself off the areola.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Ok, I'm confused.  What does shopping for Christmas online have to do with having another driver in the family?  One can always shop online and not have to "stress" about driving.  If Aurora's taken the car and Robyn can't get out she can do her shopping online...but if Aurora's not using the car Robyn can still do her shopping online.  I don't get what she's trying to say.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I don't get what she's trying to say.

But then I rarely do.  They have the attention span of a gnat, their spelling and vocabulary is on a second grade level, and their thought process is so bizarre.  But what do I know, I'm just a boring old monogamist.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

But then I rarely do.  They have the attention span of a gnat, their spelling and vocabulary is on a second grade level, and their thought process is so bizarre.  But what do I know, I'm just a boring old monogamist.

Same, same.  I'll take boring over sharing my man any day. 

• Love 7

I "THINK" what she's trying to say is:  "When your kid can drive herself to her friends' houses to visit with them, you don't have to take her there and then pick her up later.  You can just stay home and shop online."

It actually scares me that I almost understand anything that ANY of them write.  But I'm still confused.  Is it okay with Robyn if her daughter stalks boys, or am I misreading the hashtag?  With their spelling, I'm never sure where the hashtagged words should break.

• Love 7

Doesn't Robyn have time to do her online shopping while her sisterwives are taking their turn watching her kids? Because that's one of the big perks of their lifestyle, right, all the moms raising all the kids?

Oh right, that's just crap and lies for tv to try to sell polygamy to us.

The truth is they are a bunch of single moms.

I bet a group of 4 single moms who are all friends and live near each other do WAY more things together than these four. They could probably even ride in a car together if they were going out to lunch. Or to a therapy session with Nancy! (It nearly makes me double over with laughter every time they show Janelle and Meri arriving separately for a therapy session. Can't even ride in a car together! You need therapy alright, but not from Nancy!)

• Love 14