Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

On 6/10/2018 at 9:35 PM, suomi said:

Robyn looks matronly as hell. WTH is on her throat? It's on the side where she had that odd swelling for awhile. Is that an infusion device or a drain or ... ?

I think that's just part of her necklace.

Two young children and being part of a reality show family have indeed taken a bit of toll on Robyn.

• Love 2

Good to see Day-Un doing so well.

I hope Robyn's top isn't LuLaNo, because I like it!  Meri should wear stuff like that.  It fits and flatters much better than her too-small whatever.

Wow.  I can't believe I liked something about Robyn.  Normally, she irks me, but not as much as her SW Meri.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2018 at 7:23 PM, ginger90 said:

Wow. I clicked on the view more on instagram click and scrolled through the comments....she has a hard core hater on there.  They don't spell very well....but wow....that's some hate.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Wow. I clicked on the view more on instagram click and scrolled through the comments....she has a hard core hater on there.  They don't spell very well....but wow....that's some hate.

I just read through the comments as well. Yeah that person is a little cray cray. Can't spell, rambles, rants, and is almost incoherent at times. Whether you like her or any of the Browns or not, I would take someone saying something nice over that ridiculous gibberish any day.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, ginger90 said:

This is what I see on my monitor: the wall behind them is a brown color. Robyn's hair is long and layered and on her left/our right side it falls below her shoulder and hides the wall behind her. On the other side, her right/our left, her hair does not hide the wall behind her (and girlfriend does have a nice, full head of hair). OK, not a biggie but then I noticed the color difference.

On my monitor, on her right side, the area next to her throat and under her jaw is gray and definitely not the same color as the wall. That's why I wondered if it was some kind of device attached to her neck during medical treatment that remained in place when the photo was taken. Some of the ends of the shorter layers of her hair appear to curl around the gray thing-y and they are tipped with sunlight.

I was thinking "Storyline scoop! Robyn's health scare!"

To me, it looks like her neck is not in proportion to the rest of her. If what I see as a patch of gray is the wall behind them then, my goodness, she has a very slender and youthful neck in comparison with her face and her edging-into-bulky torso.

(I needs to get a life, LOL.)

1 hour ago, suomi said:

This is what I see on my monitor: the wall behind them is a brown color. Robyn's hair is long and layered and on her left/our right side it falls below her shoulder and hides the wall behind her. On the other side, her right/our left, her hair does not hide the wall behind her (and girlfriend does have a nice, full head of hair). OK, not a biggie but then I noticed the color difference.

On my monitor, on her right side, the area next to her throat and under her jaw is gray and definitely not the same color as the wall. That's why I wondered if it was some kind of device attached to her neck during medical treatment that remained in place when the photo was taken. Some of the ends of the shorter layers of her hair appear to curl around the gray thing-y and they are tipped with sunlight.

I was thinking "Storyline scoop! Robyn's health scare!"

To me, it looks like her neck is not in proportion to the rest of her. If what I see as a patch of gray is the wall behind them then, my goodness, she has a very slender and youthful neck in comparison with her face and her edging-into-bulky torso.

(I needs to get a life, LOL.)

I can see what you are talking about, I think the sun has caught hair and that is glowing behind her, however I do agree that her neck, when you look very closely could have been slightly reshaped with photoshop.  Robyn has always been the more internet aware wife and may realize that her neck bulge that happened during this last pregnancy  is being talked about, maybe she tried her hand at reshaping just to stop the chatter.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

I can see what you are talking about, I think the sun has caught hair and that is glowing behind her, however I do agree that her neck, when you look very closely could have been slightly reshaped with photoshop.  Robyn has always been the more internet aware wife and may realize that her neck bulge that happened during this last pregnancy  is being talked about, maybe she tried her hand at reshaping just to stop the chatter.

Aha, photoshop! Kardashians, it's my first thought - Browns, it didn't enter my mind. But what you say makes sense. Thank you!

• Love 2
On 6/10/2018 at 6:35 PM, suomi said:

High school, whoa. How come he gets older but I don't? Congrats to Dayton! I'm impressed with his hard work and with the result.

Robyn looks matronly as hell. WTH is on her throat? It's on the side where she had that odd swelling for awhile. Is that an infusion device or a drain or ... ?

I noticed in some pics and clips he looks like he has really taken the body building seriously.  I noticed he had pics of body builders on his wall so he must have some goals.  Good for him.  Maybe he can be Janelle's trainer since you know, he has follow through without the Jack Handy Deep Thought type meme's.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

What could she possibly be accomplishing?  She doesn't have a job.  So she feeds her kids and does housework.  Big whoop.

I thought Mindy did the house work?  With three older children they should be able to help keep the house clean.  We knew every Saturday was major house cleaning day.  Dusting, sweeping, mopping, changing all linens.  Mind you we had to hang our clothes outside, despite the fact we had a dryer.  Dad said it was to save on the light bill.  No reason the kids can't do at least half of that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

What could she possibly be accomplishing?  She doesn't have a job.  So she feeds her kids and does housework.  Big whoop.

Raising children sounds like absolute hell to me. Giving birth looks even worse. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do either, but since if no did it would mean the end of mankind, I suppose I salute the mothers of the world. It all looks dreadful, stressful and exhausting. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I recall a scene before Ariella was born and Christine asked Robyn to look after Truley for a few hours.  Robyn got herself all in a knot because she had to take Aurora or Breanna to a game and it would be just too much of an inconvenience to add one small child to the mix.  So much for sisterhood, most people would do that for a neighbor or casual acquaintance.

ETA.  It may have been Janelle asked Robyn to look after Savanah, but whichever mom asked, it wasn't as if Robyn was being asked to be responsible for an infant or active toddler at the game.

Edited by Sandy W
2nd thought
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I recall a scene before Ariella was born and Christine asked Robyn to look after Truley for a few hours.  Robyn got herself all in a knot because she had to take Aurora or Breanna to a game and it would be just too much of an inconvenience to add one small child to the mix.  So much for sisterhood, most people would do that for a neighbor or casual acquaintance.

ETA.  It may have been Janelle asked Robyn to look after Savanah, but whichever mom asked, it wasn't as if Robyn was being asked to be responsible for an infant or active toddler at the game.

I do remember when they went to see Hunter wrestle.  Gwendlyn didn't want to go and Robyn wouldn't watch her so she had to go after all.  I think.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, GleamingMist said:

I want to see daily schedules for each of the Brown wives.  I'm genuinely curious. 

In fact, my biggest frustration with the show is not seeing their day to day lives.  I don't give a shit about "child3 is graduating so we are doing this big party bla bla bla", I want to see how everything works on the day to day.  Do the kids all drive/walk/bus to school together?  How often do the wives actually interact with each other?  What in the hell are the ones with no young children and seemingly no 'real' jobs doing all day? 

What do they do about dinner?  Brady Williams and his family had nights where each wife would cook for the whole family, do the Browns do that?  Can the kids just pop from house to house as they please since they're all one big family?  I could see Christine being that way but I imagine Queen Robyn would flip shit at bonus kids wandering in and out of her house like that.

I'm assuming they don't show us this because it would expose that they are what we all believe about them: four women living independent lives and a overgrown child who flits from house to house as it suits him.

True.  Not sure if it was on the message board or another one.  They were filming at Robyn's house.  It was when Aspyn was living with her.  A viewer froze and zoomed in on a paper on the front of Robyn's refrigerator.  It said something like.  No eating any food without Robyn or Mindy's permission.  So I'm assuming that some kids come over sometimes.  Self grazing children is something my parents never allowed.  You eat at meal time and you get a snack when I decide you can have one.  

• Love 4
On 7/17/2018 at 10:59 PM, Gothish520 said:

Raising children sounds like absolute hell to me. Giving birth looks even worse. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do either, but since if no did it would mean the end of mankind, I suppose I salute the mothers of the world. It all looks dreadful, stressful and exhausting. 

I do not work and I have two daughters, 12 and 14. I have a Masters and have been dealing with cancer the past 15 years or so. It has been an honour and privilege to be home to raise my girls. They are intelligent, well spoken, polite, empathetic, obedient, thoughtful, etc etc. Their teachers love them, I've had a half dozen notes from their principals over the years praising them, their peers like them, they voluntarily serve our community and Catholic charities, they help special ed students at school, they have such tender consciences that on the very few occasions one of them was dishonest they confess with tears nearly immediately. These girls are genuinely good people. Parenting RIGHT is hard work, repetitive, at times tedious, but infinitely rewarding. They are not perfect and my youngest is a hurricane that blows through and messes up the house and it drives me crazy. But they are both much better people than I will ever be. Yes, I'm being the obnoxious parent bragging about her kids, and I wouldn't have even mentioned them but for the above comments. If you were to see my daily activities you would probably look down on me because I don't accomplish much and my house is messy (which drives this neat freak certifiably insane). I am in pain and sick most of the time and the little energy I have I give to my husband and girls instead of keeping the house spotless. Not to say I don't try, but my little hurricane is a force to be reckoned with (and yes, the girls have chores and help a lot around the house; however my version of clean is very different than my youngest's.... I'm really trying to bridge that gap). I miss my career sometimes and have always needed a lot of intellectual stimulation, so you'll find me reading all the time, mostly nonfiction, history, psychology.... I painfully miss being healthy and strong, but I was dealt these cards and as I said above, the small amount of energy I have goes to the three most important people in my life. I don't have anything to show for it but a ridiculously happy marriage (today, in fact, is our 18th anniversary) and daughters who both humble me and make me proud. I do wish I could keep house like I use to, and please don't mistake my love and pride for my kids as a blind belief in their special snowflakeness. They have their faults (far fewer than I though) and I make many mistakes. But it has always been critical to my husband and I to raise children with integrity and character, and while I rarely look busy, parenting my girls takes everything I have. Totally worth every sacrifice. 

And....end rant and demonstrations of shameless parental pride. 

• Love 19
16 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

but for the above comments.

We all know it's not easy raising children.  I really feel for you doing it and being sick and trying to take care of the home.  You are probably doing a whole lot better than some people do.  I like you can brag endlessly about my daughter.  Even when you are having a bad day, you can look at them and see something that makes it better.  Lone Wolf, hope things get better with your health.

• Love 7
On 7/22/2018 at 6:58 AM, LoneWolf said:

I do not work and I have two daughters, 12 and 14. I have a Masters and have been dealing with cancer the past 15 years or so. It has been an honour and privilege to be home to raise my girls. They are intelligent, well spoken, polite, empathetic, obedient, thoughtful, etc etc. Their teachers love them, I've had a half dozen notes from their principals over the years praising them, their peers like them, they voluntarily serve our community and Catholic charities, they help special ed students at school, they have such tender consciences that on the very few occasions one of them was dishonest they confess with tears nearly immediately. These girls are genuinely good people. Parenting RIGHT is hard work, repetitive, at times tedious, but infinitely rewarding. They are not perfect and my youngest is a hurricane that blows through and messes up the house and it drives me crazy. But they are both much better people than I will ever be. Yes, I'm being the obnoxious parent bragging about her kids, and I wouldn't have even mentioned them but for the above comments. If you were to see my daily activities you would probably look down on me because I don't accomplish much and my house is messy (which drives this neat freak certifiably insane). I am in pain and sick most of the time and the little energy I have I give to my husband and girls instead of keeping the house spotless. Not to say I don't try, but my little hurricane is a force to be reckoned with (and yes, the girls have chores and help a lot around the house; however my version of clean is very different than my youngest's.... I'm really trying to bridge that gap). I miss my career sometimes and have always needed a lot of intellectual stimulation, so you'll find me reading all the time, mostly nonfiction, history, psychology.... I painfully miss being healthy and strong, but I was dealt these cards and as I said above, the small amount of energy I have goes to the three most important people in my life. I don't have anything to show for it but a ridiculously happy marriage (today, in fact, is our 18th anniversary) and daughters who both humble me and make me proud. I do wish I could keep house like I use to, and please don't mistake my love and pride for my kids as a blind belief in their special snowflakeness. They have their faults (far fewer than I though) and I make many mistakes. But it has always been critical to my husband and I to raise children with integrity and character, and while I rarely look busy, parenting my girls takes everything I have. Totally worth every sacrifice. 

And....end rant and demonstrations of shameless parental pride. 

I hope you know I wasn't denigrating mothers themselves in any way. I was actually trying to stick up for Robyn, because even if she does have help, having and raising children looks to me like hard, hard work. I take umbrage at anyone who tries to claim that motherhood is easy or those with children shouldn't complain. Whether they work outside the home or not, or have help or not, I've never met a mother who wasn't exhausted and stressed out, especially when their children were little. Sometimes things get easier when they are grown and can take care of themselves, but the worrying and concern for your children never goes away. My own mother always expressed concern for all of us. Even when I was in my 40's and working at night, my mother would often say how she didn't like the idea of me walking to my car alone and she hoped I was walking with someone and being careful. My brother and youngest sister gave her fits. She often said in her later years that if she had it to do over again, she wouldn't get married and wouldn't have kids, and I never took that as an insult.

I don't know how she did do it (four kids before age 30), and I don't know how you and other mothers do it. I knew when I was 17 that I didn't want children and I don't regret that decision in the slightest. I've had friends and family members tell me I was the smart one, because the stress, work, and worry can be overwhelming. I knew early on that a life like that was not for me. 

I feel the same way about those in the medical profession, or law enforcement or emergency services. You couldn't pay me enough money to be a doctor, nurse, EMT, police officer, or firefighter. So kudos to those that feel the calling, be it motherhood or careers that help humanity, because if it wasn't for them, mankind would be screwed!

• Love 9
On 7/20/2018 at 12:46 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

True.  Not sure if it was on the message board or another one.  They were filming at Robyn's house.  It was when Aspyn was living with her.  A viewer froze and zoomed in on a paper on the front of Robyn's refrigerator.  It said something like.  No eating any food without Robyn or Mindy's permission.  So I'm assuming that some kids come over sometimes.  Self grazing children is something my parents never allowed.  You eat at meal time and you get a snack when I decide you can have one.  

I noticed that too. What caught my attention was the note was typed, printed, and taped to the stainless steel refrigerator with packaging tape. It was around Thanksgiving, so I don’t know if the note’s intention was to preserve meal ingredients...or if Robyn was tired of kids snacking on her food. Very bizarre to me and shed light on a different side of her.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, neh said:

Robyn looks really good in t h at picture.

She really does except the eye make up is a bit extreme.  I was kind of mesmerized by the mascara and eye liner.  It doesn't even look like her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Robyn looks better than usual, here.  She should never take a pic in profile, though.

The hat is a bit much.

I thought she was a bit "dolled up" for someone who had a day planned of "work, work, work" unpacking.  But she did look better than usual.

• Love 3

We assume they must be in rental homes but thus far there has been no confirmation on where those homes are and if they are close together.  I'm sure Kody and Robyn's home has the best view though - didn't he have to have the house with the view in Las Vegas?

• Love 2
On 8/12/2018 at 5:54 PM, lma said:

That cap is fugly. And wonder how many takes it took to get the “perfect” selfie?

Clearly I’m a cynic when it comes to the Browns, but I’ll give credit where credit is due. The Browns seem really happy to be moving. Good for them.

I love the hat! Blingy ball-caps are the best and she pulls it off by pairing it with a plain shirt. 

Willing to bet they'll be happier and healthier in Flag. Vegas can suck the life out of a person--I hated living there. Unless you can afford a cuddle-sac, homes are built practically on top of one another. Backyards are mostly tiny. There's not much to do outdoors in summer and you have to drive to get to nice outdoor locations to get away (Red Rock, Charleston, the lakes, etc). Gyms can be a pain, too--lots of traffic and crowded parking lots (unless you find one close enough you can walk to).

It'll be interesting to see how they change once they've been up there for a while. They do seem ready for it. 

• Love 4
On 8/19/2018 at 10:47 PM, MonicaM said:

There are tons of deer where I live.  Daily sightings are not unusual, and frankly, around here we see them as pests.  

However, our deer aren't magical and mystical like those in Robyn's area.  They apparently can't even see a car coming at them, much less see into someone's soul.  

#adeertotalledmycar  #ihatedeereatingmygarden  #iwouldkickadeerwhotriedtosneakapeekatmysoul

I love seeing deer and other animals in my yard and neighborhood. We live in a relatively quiet area in a small urban city, and our property is next to a small wooded area with more woods and a lake across the street. We used to get turkeys like crazy, rabbits, deer in the winter, lots of birds, a few foxes and even a pheasant. Then my neighbor next door and his three dogs moved in, and we think they drove away a lot of the critters. Still get the occasional rabbit or fox, but haven't seen turkeys or deer in ages. We did have a woodchuck family living behind the neighbor's shed for awhile. 

As far as I can recall, our deer never peered into our souls...I loved watching them though!

• Love 13

Our little valley had an albino fawn born 2 years ago.  He is quite the sight.  Even from a distance under the moonlight he has a natural glow to him because of the way his coat reflects the light.  I can understand why albino deer have such a mystical past seeing him. 

However his eyes are not soul searching any human...they are only on the local ladies...

• Love 11

Mr. Xword and I saw an albino crow years ago, in a local park at lunchtime.  Truth:  the other crows stayed away from her/him.  I felt sorry for the poor little critter (and as a rule, I don't like crows, because they're noisy, and have nested in a tree near where I park my car, and have shat upon such car.

At least Robyn's post had a good wildlife photo.  Better than a pic of a buttload of unused tea boxes.

• Love 8