Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

As I see it, polygamy serves to pit one woman against another in the hope of outshining the others with their ability to raise more and better kids, be a more organized and complacent homemaker and they all must wonder how they stack up in the bedroom.

well, at least in this case it does.  I miss the comments by @Kyanight and her insight.  The Browns have always held themselves out as one family, which I understand is not always the case.  I don't know if Meri's dad and his five wives comprised one family or not, but since Kody got guidance from Meri's dad he probably patterned his plural marriage on that.

I think one reason Christine won't be leaving anytime soon is because she rilly believes in plural marriage despite saying she no longer wants to be married to Kody which I think means she no longer wants to be "married " to Robyn's legal and almost monogamous husband. She says she wants Kody to be her partner,  Businesses may do well with many partners, but marriages not so much.   In the book Janelle is not only disdainful of us monags, but she is scornful of plural families who don't live together and/or consider themselves to be separate families with one 'husband."  She would probably be happy sharing Kody with Janelle only.  Maybe she thinks Kody will eventually tire of Robyn.  I am not sure even Kody's treatment of Ysabel will motivate her to leave.  I doubt Christine has a clue about what she will do and she will take lessons from Meri in pretending.  At least Christine has a support group if she leaves,  but I am not sure that Meri does.   Janelle's grandfather disowned her for going polyg so I can't imagine her coming out and admitting Kody's experiment in plural marriage was a failure.  This whole group is a mess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I occasionally watch Christine's LulaRoe lives on Facebook. (Don't judge me!)  One thing that I have taken notice of, which seems a fairly juicy tidbit of info considering the last Sister Wives Episode.....Christine is no longer wearing her Claddagh ring (or as Robin calls it, "Colada Ring")!!!  Haven't seen it on her in recent photos either.

Could it be she's escaped?!?  Scandalous!

• Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, say whaaaaa said:

I occasionally watch Christine's LulaRoe lives on Facebook. (Don't judge me!)  One thing that I have taken notice of, which seems a fairly juicy tidbit of info considering the last Sister Wives Episode.....Christine is no longer wearing her Claddagh ring (or as Robin calls it, "Colada Ring")!!!  Haven't seen it on her in recent photos either.

I watch them, too..shhh.

• LOL 10
17 hours ago, say whaaaaa said:

Christine is no longer wearing her Claddagh ring (or as Robin calls it, "Colada Ring")!!!  Haven't seen it on her in recent photos either.

Perhaps she sold it when trying to scrape together cash for Ysabel's surgery. Who would want to be constantly reminded of Kootie's favourite, Robyn, and her failed joory empire?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

the thing that bugs me about Christine is her penchant for pointing out how women in monogamous marriages don't have sister wives to help them meanwhile her sister wives don't give 2 shits about her struggles.

I wish she'd sit down and look into the camera and finally admit that polygamy SUCKS and that this whole fairytale of sister wives being the greatest thing on the planet is a big hot steaming pile of BULLSHIT!!! 💩

I have always thought that Christine's "cheerleader for polygamy" was more to convince herself vs the general public, as well as making herself look really gung ho for Kody.

21 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Imo, Christine is so entrenched in the teachings she can't even wail out loud. She's trying to block her emotions. She does this with her sarcasm, her forced smiles, forced silliness.

So many people see Christine as a fun and "life of the party" outgoing person.  I see someone who is miserable and hiding in plain sight.  She uses silly to cover and deflect when things get too "real" for her.

20 hours ago, Twopper said:

well, at least in this case it does.  I miss the comments by @Kyanight and her insight. 

...adding...me too.

I think one reason Christine won't be leaving anytime soon is because she rilly believes in plural marriage despite saying she no longer wants to be married to Kody which I think means she no longer wants to be "married " to Robyn's legal and almost monogamous husband. She says she wants Kody to be her partner,  Businesses may do well with many partners, but marriages not so much.  

I believe that what Christine wants is what Robyn has.  She wants her relationship with Kody to be what he ONLY has with Robyn.  Her jealousy isn't necessarily Robyn, but the true love/honor/respect relationship that she has always wanted, happening right in front of her, knowing that she has never had that relationship with Kody and never will. That shit has most likely eaten her from the inside out.

ETA: Christine has seen over the years that Kody is capable of that kind of relationship, for "some reason" (unless she does some painful deep personal exploratory therapy) just not with her.

Edited by Roslyn
additional thought
  • Love 12

I am trying not to judge Christine too harshly. She was raised in this conservative and fundamental religion. Her brain, beliefs and knowledge are completely wired to fit into this religion. It is quite literally, set in stone.  She cannot change. She reminds me of all those women a few generations back who were trapped in loveless or abusive marriages. They didn't leave either because of social consequences and because the church specifically forbade divorce which they accepted. 

I guess most of struggle to understand this as we were raised to be responsible for our own choices and be independent women....

• Love 11

I think Christine had her Claddagh/Colada/Colonic/Clown ring on in her Cinco de Mayo pic.  All of them (Christine,Janelle, Kody, and Meri) seem to have disappearing and reappearing rings.  I’m not sure about Robyn, I try to ignore her as much as I can.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I am trying not to judge Christine too harshly. She was raised in this conservative and fundamental religion. Her brain, beliefs and knowledge are completely wired to fit into this religion. It is quite literally, set in stone.  She cannot change

I would agree with this premise were it not for the fact that Christine's own mother and aunt broke away with probably much less exposure than Christine to life outside the confines of their religion.  I don't know what motivated their escape, there may have been physical as well as emotional abuse involved.

Christine may be hesitant to make that move, knowing that her mother and aunt were shunned by other family members and friends network but I feel she has a strong enough bond with her adult kids that they would not only welcome her, but perhaps applaud her decision.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I would agree with this premise were it not for the fact that Christine's own mother and aunt broke away with probably much less exposure than Christine to life outside the confines of their religion.  I don't know what motivated their escape, there may have been physical as well as emotional abuse involved.

Christine may be hesitant to make that move, knowing that her mother and aunt were shunned by other family members and friends network but I feel she has a strong enough bond with her adult kids that they would not only welcome her, but perhaps applaud her decision.

I agree.  I'd bet that at least Paedon, Gwen, Ysabel and Truely would understand if Christine decided to move away from that mess of a 'marriage' she's tolerated all these years.  Aspyn and Mykelti, maybe?  

• Love 9

I am very conflicted about what to think of Christine.  I go back and forth from feeling sorry for her (especially in the season finale), and being spitting mad at her.  Look, especially on this Mother’s Day, I have to say woman, if you don’t respect and love yourself enough to get away from that piece of shit man you call a (1/4) husband, at least love and respect your children enough to get them out of there!  I mean damn!  Not only do they see that he doesn’t care about or know them, they have to watch other children in another household have a real dad relationship with him, and bonus - they get to watch the mom they love cry and be treated like poo on the bottom of his shoe.  Christine, what exactly do you think that is doing to your children?  If a stranger like me feels murderous about Kootie, imagine what your babies are feeling.  Maybe you are willing to accept 3rd rate garbage in your life, but what mother wants 3rd rate garbage for her children?  And no, you can’t make up for their lack of a father by being funny and fun.  If they didn’t have a dad in the picture it would be better than having their noses rubbed into their dad’s distain and neglect.  And yet, after all we’ve seen and heard this last season, there she still sits.  Unbelievable.  Sorry, just unbelievable.

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

I disagree. 

which is absolutely fine 😉 

My whole point in the bit I wrote actually was to explain that you can't just change or just walk away: Things like this are often suggested by people as the most obvious and simple solution. But you don't just change or walk away.  It takes a long time and a good therapist (not Nancy) to get there. (if you do so at all)   So that's what I was trying to say...☺️

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

which is absolutely fine 😉 

My whole point in the bit I wrote actually was to explain that you can't just change or just walk away: Things like this are often suggested by people as the most obvious and simple solution. But you don't just change or walk away.  It takes a long time and a good therapist (not Nancy) to get there. (if you do so at all)   So that's what I was trying to say...☺️

Totally understood! I was recently saying the same thing about Anna Duggar, she can't JUST walk away, which many suggest like it's easy. But I have faith that they CAN with the right supports in place! 

• Love 4

I found it shocking when Janelle sat there at the outdoor meeting and said there was absolutely nothing for her in Utah.

Wow what a kick in the teeth to Christine after all the doting and work Christine put into attending both of Maddie's births and then showering both Axel and Evie with love and affection and explaining how much they mean to her and how proud she is to be their gramma.

While I know that Mykelti gave birth during Covid I really doubt that Janelle would have done the same for Christine's daughter or grandchild.

Janelle has turned into a total shrew for Kootie and even kicks Christine to the curb for his benefit so that he could just sit there and act like he'd never heard of Christine's desire to move back to Utah.

Meanwhile..Meri has turned into a total psycho with her "LOOK AT THE MOUNTAIN!" you can't leave THAT!... ya sure Meri.. how has all that sucking up and begging for scraps from Kootie worked out for you?... Keep standing on the prairie dog plague land and looking at that mountain!... they will never build... Robyn already has her million dollar mansion no way is she gonna leave that to sit in a little house beside a poop pond that close to the other wives where Kody won't be able to make excuses about spending more time with the others... out of sight, out of mind.

Robyn sits there grimacing and acting bewildered like she doesn't know what the problem is as she wipes her eyeball boogers and can't believe how easy it was for her to take first place in Kody's heart and push the others out of the way.

Christine is sobbing and Janelle sat there looking pissed off yet when Robyn shed a fake tear in the restaurant Janelle jumped up and ran to Robyn assuring her that NO NO NO!!! the state of the family has nothing to do with Robyn joining the group!... please bitch YES Robyn it's YOU!.. pink elephant in the room lolol!

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
29 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

Meanwhile..Meri has turned into a total psycho with her "LOOK AT THE MOUNTAIN!" you can't leave THAT!.

Easy for her to say.

She's the one escaping to Parowan and lularoe gigs at the drop of a hat.

Weirdo.

Plus, if that was her One, Meaningful scripted line this episode, she failed. Bad acting Meri.

• Love 14
(edited)

"So many people see Christine as a fun and "life of the party" outgoing person.  I see someone who is miserable and hiding in plain sight.  She uses silly to cover and deflect when things get too "real" for her."

The way she reacted to Robyn's visit. The abrupt offer of parfaits..and jumping up to get a jacket (or socks?)

Christine was Kody's and the AUB's cheerleader for polygamy. She was fiercely eloquent at the march at the State Capitol. Family Not Felons episode..."You didn't see us coming".  It really seems like she's hiding behind catchphrases and rhetoric. Kody loved her for those performances. 

This makes me think about Robyn from the gitgo, really elbowing past the 3 OGs to explain plural marriage and sister wives relationships. That always bugged me, since they had 18 ÷ years experience under their belts, and Robyn had none. It seemed oxymoron to me. Now I'm wondering if she was competing with Christine from the start. 

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Added
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

This makes me think about Robyn from the gitgo, really elbowing past the 3 OGs to explain plural marriage and sister wives relationships. That always bugged me, since they had 18 ÷ years experience under their belts, and Robyn had none. It seemed oxymoron to me. Now I'm wondering if she was competing with Christine from the start. 

Robyn may have the lowest IQ of the bunch of them but she has shark instincts.  She objectively assessed where each of their weak spots were, then moved in for the kill, at the same time, ingratiating herself to Kody.  She had him bamboozled that she was acting as a mentor to the others and would relieve him of the mundane chore of keeping peace in the valley.  

By now, the other wives must realize that they have been outwitted and outplayed by Robyn but they continue to go along to get along.  They are motivated to do so by blind loyalty to their cause or more likely, the almighty TLC dollars.  Prime example of this is Janelle leaping to her feet to console Robyn's "fillins" at the pizza lunch, yet keeping her rump glued to the chair when a sister wife she was dependent on for many years was in obvious pain.  To Meri's discredit, once she was assured the the cameras and Kody's eyes were taking it in, she did rise to the occasion, not to comfort Christine but to make her concerns seem inconsequential.  Just look at those mountains Christine!!!

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Robyn may have the lowest IQ of the bunch of them but she has shark instincts.  She objectively assessed where each of their weak spots were, then moved in for the kill, at the same time, ingratiating herself to Kody.  She had him bamboozled that she was acting as a mentor to the others and would relieve him of the mundane chore of keeping peace in the valley.  

By now, the other wives must realize that they have been outwitted and outplayed by Robyn but they continue to go along to get along.  They are motivated to do so by blind loyalty to their cause or more likely, the almighty TLC dollars.  Prime example of this is Janelle leaping to her feet to console Robyn's "fillins" at the pizza lunch, yet keeping her rump glued to the chair when a sister wife she was dependent on for many years was in obvious pain.  To Meri's discredit, once she was assured the the cameras and Kody's eyes were taking it in, she did rise to the occasion, not to comfort Christine but to make her concerns seem inconsequential.  Just look at those mountains Christine!!!

Great post!  Robyn's shark instincts appeal to shark-eyed Kootie.  He's bought into all of her wiles "since day one."  They are truly birds of a feather.  🤢🤮

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I agree with everything you said especially the part about Robyn having the lowest IQ 😂🤣

Just my opinion but as far as mountain views go the poop pond mountain view isn't that impressive and kind of mediocre.

Don't get me wrong... It's an okay view but it's more like a large hill than a majestic mountain and the area around it is just flat and kind of boring as far as the eye can see.

The other problem I have with it is the view from Christine's deck which is located in a more developed area shows how people litter the landscape with little shacks, garden sheds, trailers, old vehicles etc which makes it look a bit like a shanty town and junky.

The area adjacent to their poop pond property isn't developed yet but eventually it will be and it will probably have the same type of shacks, trailers and other utility buildings scattered about.

I think they mistook coyotes howling for angels singing

eczo3qzl-1920.jpg

mounatain.jpg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
On 5/9/2021 at 6:52 PM, Dustbunny said:

I found it shocking when Janelle sat there at the outdoor meeting and said there was absolutely nothing for her in Utah.

Wow what a kick in the teeth to Christine after all the doting and work Christine put into attending both of Maddie's births and then showering both Axel and Evie with love and affection and explaining how much they mean to her and how proud she is to be their gramma.

I found that rude and cruel.  Janelle is by far my least favorite in this wretched group of adults.  I would have loved to have been around when each of them read what the others wrote in their 'best seller."   

Janelle talks about how career oriented she was and how she was able to do favors for her fellow workers by working late for them so they could attend games, get home on time for dinner, etc,   She told them she could do this because she had the best babysitters, which made them wonder if she was "rich."  She said in the book she could do it because she knew a sister wife (almost always Christine_) would be home taking care of and feeding her children.  I guess she figured her income donation to the family was sufficient payment for Christine working overtime by keeping the children late.  I guess if she worked for the state Janelle could have been making OT pay, but she didn't mention that, just that she was the heroine of her workplace.   I would think Christine would have been pretty mad reading that.

• Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

Just my opinion but as far as mountain views go the poop pond mountain view isn't that impressive and kind of mediocre.

Where I live we call those things "small hills". 

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

My thoughts exactly, those are hills not mountains.

I have a mountain view from my backyard and it’s true mountains with snow capped peaks.... it’s obvious that the Brown clowns are clueless about what a true mountain view looks like.

I had to laugh when Meri told Christine to look at the mountain and how she can’t leave that!!! Such a crazy drama queen moment Meri looked and sounded like a clown. 🤡

• Love 15
On 5/9/2021 at 8:25 PM, itsadryheat said:

Easy for her to say.

She's the one escaping to Parowan and lularoe gigs at the drop of a hat.

And Batman Banana Sam, don't forget about "him."  That's why a clip of Meri telling Christine that she doesn't get to leave is in the dictionary under the word "Ironic."

16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I have a mountain view from my backyard and it’s true mountains with snow capped peaks.... it’s obvious that the Brown clowns are clueless about what a true mountain view looks like.

I had to laugh when Meri told Christine to look at the mountain and how she can’t leave that!!! Such a crazy drama queen moment Meri looked and sounded like a clown. 🤡

Did you hear Christine, though?  When Meri babbled, "look at the MOUNTAINS!!", Christine whispered, "Those aren't mountains."  I would've laughed but for the fact that Christine was having an actual nervous breakdown on my television.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Did you hear Christine, though?  When Meri babbled, "look at the MOUNTAINS!!", Christine whispered, "Those aren't mountains."  

One of the wives had a view of real mountains visible from her bedroom in the Las Vegas cult-de-sac.

• Love 7
On 5/10/2021 at 8:40 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Yeah. When I lived there, they were big hills to me after living in Wyoming. What gives Flagstaff “mountains” their high elevation is that Flagstaff itself is high in elevation (which is awesome, it stays so much cooler than most of AZ). 

Meri made herself sound so stupid. Lady Catfish is the last person who should be telling a sister wife that she “doesn’t get to quit”. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri made herself sound so stupid. Lady Catfish is the last person who should be telling a sister wife that she “doesn’t get to quit”. 

Meri's speech was a bit of a word salad.  I guess the appeal to the mountains was to remind Christine about hearing the angels singkingk.   (Meri, like Prufrock, knew that the angels and mermaids would never singk to them.)

Except for the mountain part,  I think Meri was just repeating a speech that she had heard hundreds of times from family members who believe in plural marriage and who believe very, very strongly in staying in it.  Other than her brother who once was married to Janelle, there has been nothing said by Meri to indicate any members of her family would support her leaving.  She may be shunned if she leaves.  Christine has family that is out so she may have lots more support to leave than Meri.  (I know Meri has physically left, but declaring herself out of the marriage is another thing entirely.) I suspect Meri heard this same speech from Kody's mom, Janelle's mom, and possibly her own mother.

and, yes, I do think that she would have left if Mr Catfish were a real catch, although it wouldn't surprise me if someone in her family would have staged an intervention to bring her back.

Edited by Twopper
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

This just on Facebook

“Hey  Ladies! Gwendlyn Brown has the opportunity to win a scholarship from her job selling CUTCO 🔪 So clearly I wanted to share this with you! She gets paid just to show cutco but I love it and we’ve had ours for years 🤯 send her a PM on Messenger if you’re interested in helping her out or getting a great new piece of cutco 😍😍

next generation mlm continues.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

But Cutco is at least a quality product.  I just ordered another pair of kitchen shears the other day--directly from Cutco.  I don't ever remember being hustled to be a Cutco rep when I bought my knives.  I could be wrong, but I don't think it is an every day garden variety MLM.  You can buy directly from the company with no rep. But maybe it has changed.  I bought my knives over 20 years ago.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

But Cutco is at least a quality product.  I just ordered another pair of kitchen shears the other day--directly from Cutco.  I don't ever remember being hustled to be a Cutco rep when I bought my knives.  I could be wrong, but I don't think it is an every day garden variety MLM.  You can buy directly from the company with no rep. But maybe it has changed.  I bought my knives over 20 years ago.

In Canada you can buy them online with no hype or pressure or choose to have a demonstration by a rep who will no doubt pressure you with "deals" to buy more knives than you will ever need.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, Elodia said:

Seems like Kody can't stand the fact that his daughter is taller than him... Or why would he stand on his tiptoes? 😆

IMG-20210605-WA0000.jpg

Oh my god, this is the most pathetic thing ever! Not only is he wearing heeled shoes, but he's standing on his tiptoes! Both of which basically negate the short tasteful heels she's wearing. And he's still basically as tall as, or possibly still shorter than, her. How pitiful to be so fragile that you feel emasculated by your kid's height, which she has no control over. 

Is this why he kept one of them from treating her scoliosis? Afraid she'd stand tall and proud (or is this that same girl?)?

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Oh my god, this is the most pathetic thing ever! Not only is he wearing heeled shoes, but he's standing on his tiptoes!

And he is still shorter than her.  I saw a pic of Kootie & Christine wearing the same heel heights & they were the same height.  Christine is listed somewhere as 5'7".  After her scoliosis surgery a pic of Ysabel & Christine, both in flats, showed Ys is 2-3" taller than Christine, as in this photo.  I'd love to see a pic of Ysabel & Paedon towering over their puny sperm donor.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
On 6/2/2021 at 2:37 PM, lindalouwho said:

This just on Facebook

“Hey  Ladies! Gwendlyn Brown has the opportunity to win a scholarship from her job selling CUTCO 🔪 So clearly I wanted to share this with you! She gets paid just to show cutco but I love it and we’ve had ours for years 🤯 send her a PM on Messenger if you’re interested in helping her out or getting a great new piece of cutco 😍😍

next generation mlm continues.....

I had a student employee selling these knives many years ago.  He came over to our house to give his spiel.  There was NO WAY I could afford those knives at that time.  But he had hustle.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Cutco has a lifetime guarantee.  I melted a handle on the counter-top oven, and the company sent me a new knife.  They also sharpen for free.   They are pricy, but they are excellent quality.  I think they treat their reps pretty well.  I have heard of people getting bonuses and scholarships.  I used to get their catalog in the mail, but now if I need a piece or two I just order directly on their website.  I hope Gwendlyn does well and enjoys her customers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 5/9/2021 at 1:32 PM, Roslyn said:
On 5/8/2021 at 4:04 PM, Dustbunny said:

the thing that bugs me about Christine is her penchant for pointing out how women in monogamous marriages don't have sister wives to help them meanwhile her sister wives don't give 2 shits about her struggles.

I wish she'd sit down and look into the camera and finally admit that polygamy SUCKS and that this whole fairytale of sister wives being the greatest thing on the planet is a big hot steaming pile of BULLSHIT!!! 💩

Expand  Expand  

I have always thought that Christine's "cheerleader for polygamy" was more to convince herself vs the general public, as well as making herself look really gung ho for Kody.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:04 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

Imo, Christine is so entrenched in the teachings she can't even wail out loud. She's trying to block her emotions. She does this with her sarcasm, her forced smiles, forced silliness.

So many people see Christine as a fun and "life of the party" outgoing person.  I see someone who is miserable and hiding in plain sight.  She uses silly to cover and deflect when things get too "real" for her.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, Twopper said:

well, at least in this case it does.  I miss the comments by @Kyanight and her insight. 

...adding...me too.

I think one reason Christine won't be leaving anytime soon is because she rilly believes in plural marriage despite saying she no longer wants to be married to Kody which I think means she no longer wants to be "married " to Robyn's legal and almost monogamous husband. She says she wants Kody to be her partner,  Businesses may do well with many partners, but marriages not so much.  

Expand  Expand  

I believe that what Christine wants is what Robyn has.  She wants her relationship with Kody to be what he ONLY has with Robyn.  Her jealousy isn't necessarily Robyn, but the true love/honor/respect relationship that she has always wanted, happening right in front of her, knowing that she has never had that relationship with Kody and never will. That shit has most likely eaten her from the inside out.

ETA: Christine has seen over the years that Kody is capable of that kind of relationship, for "some reason" (unless she does some painful deep personal exploratory therapy) just not with her.

This is what was so heartbreaking about her visit to Galveston (?) with Kody. She wanted to feel that special connection during their time there, and he kept saying that in order to earn his love, their relationship had to be superseded by "the fambly." What a slap in the face to the one person who devoted her entire life to that family, raising all those kids with love and devotion. Basically the message was, "I won't love you at all ever, no matter what you do" Because she was all about the family, all the time! (From Day 1, Robyn!) And he wouldn't even let her be all about him and their marriage for even a few days.

I miss @Kyanight too. I hope she's okay.

• Love 23

A Cutco bread knife has been on my culinary "wish list" for a while now.  A few of my FB food/cooking groups have recommended it to be the ultimate bread knife.  I need to order it before fall since bread baking is put to the back burner in the 100+ degree summers here.  Glad to see posters here have good experiences with Cutco, too.  

(Random, but is there anything that cannot be learned from this forum?  My fellow posters are the absolute best!)

• Love 15
On 5/10/2021 at 10:40 PM, Joan of Argh said:
On 5/10/2021 at 9:32 PM, deirdra said:

Well they conjured a "pond" from a drainage ditch so it fits that they conjured a mountain from a small hill.

• LOL 14

I think that's Aspen and Mitch in the middle and Truely at the end, but I am not sure who everyone else is.   I love this musical, but I have never considered it life-changing.  I am somewhat jealous that they have found an open theater to attend.    But for the fact that Mr Twopper and I are about to watch a documentary on the Bee Gees,  the music of Les Mis would be bouncing around in my brain.  As it is, I will probably go to sleep hearing "Massachusetts" or "NY Mining disaster" on autoplay in my head.

• Love 5

6 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think that's Aspen and Mitch in the middle and Truely at the end, but I am not sure who everyone else is.  

Left to right:

Mykelti, Gwendlyn, Hayden (a friend), Aspyn, Mitch, Ysabel, Christine, and Truely.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

image.jpeg.79c92e03c3001f62a9a401306d2e25e8.jpeg

So many things to be glad about in this picture!

1.  It looks like life is getting back to some semblance of normalcy if people are attending the theater again.

2.  It is wonderful to see Christine in Utah, enjoying her family and looking very happy and content.

3.  All of the kids look very happy to be out and about and with their mom and sibs.

4.  Mykelti has let her long, luxurious hair go back to her natural color and she blends right in with her sibs - not necessarily a bad thing when you think about the alternative reality examples we have been treated to over the years!

5.  Kootie is no where in sight, which means that everyone is relaxed and enjoying being a normal family without all the drama.  There is no one there prancing like a peacock, being loud and obnoxious and trying to get attention from the general public or media - in short, they are able to just be a normal family on an evening out.

6.  It seems as though Tony is probably taking the picture, which is nice if you find his appearance a bit jarring, as I do.

All that being said, and dearly wanting all pictured (even Tony) to lead their best lives there in Utah, can we talk about what Gwendolyn and Christine are wearing?  Giant flowered pants and sloppy T-shirts do not scream “theater attire” to me, even at a matinee.  I’m sure that is some sort of Lulano crap, but geez Christine, you are usually pretty well put together in public!  You are never going to attract the attentions of a nice, monogamist man in Utah dressing like that.  You would think that all these years living around Sobyn would have taught you something.  You have to “put your scent out there,” as her mom would say, and that outfit just stinks.

• Love 16