Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Christine Brown: She Wanted a Family, Not Just the Man

Recommended Posts


I wish someone would pin her down about making this decision for her children as well.

How dare she decide that an absent father is to their benefit, and that they deserve nothing but occasional crumbs of his time and attention when he isn't busy elsewhere with their rivals. 

Edited by suomi
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Brown admitted that monogamous relationships just seem "like a lot of work." However, she said plural marriages have their own set of challenges.

"I do have to do repairs myself," she said. "Like, if a fridge breaks down, I have to call the appliance guy. But I think after a while, you just get used to it."

I guess warranties are only available to monogamists.  Just from the top of my head, I can think of a few more exclusively polygamous challenges:

  • Being Strong or Being a Bitch
  • Being The Basement Wife 
  • Jealousy (and hatred) toward your sister wives - and the inherent competition
  • Keeping Sweet (instead of #LivingMyWhy)
  • Where We Go One, We Go All (or whatever Kody's command was to move to Flagstaff)
  • Finite Resources - that are spent on the 4th wife's mansion rather than the basic health of Christine's self-proclaimed low-priority children
  • Eternity on Planet Kody with the Sister Wives, if he calls her name
  • Like 13
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/20/2021 at 1:15 PM, Grifter Lives said:

Eternity on Planet Kody with the Sister Wives, if he calls her name

Why does this remind me of Jumanji?

I have always been very meh --can one be very meh?-- about Christine.  I loathe Janelle, and I dislike Robyn and Kody.  I don't hate Meri, but I do find her extremely tiresome.

I think Christine feels like she is still the basement wife, and in a sense she is.   She claims to have had the worst apartment in Lehi.  They move to Las Vegas and she moves up in the world into a rilly, rilly nice rental.   Then they buy their supposed "forever homes" that the kids will bond with so much that as adults they will return over and over to visit like the swallows to Capistrano.  These homes are even larger and nicer than the rentals.  I am  re-watching and it amazes me that Mona could arrange financing for all of them.  The houses are new and very large. 

then probably less than 10 years later -I am not sure of the time line -- or maybe closer to six or seven, they up and move to Flagstaff based on Mona's telling them that the four houses have appreciated a lot and will sell like hotcakes.   (Mona always seems a tad sketchy to me, but I hope she got a decent commission from working with these morons).  Christine's house is the last to sell.  She is the first to buy in Flagstaff and ends up with a house that seems to be several steps down from what she  had in  Las Vegas (both the rental and the one in the cul-de-sac)  Janelle has downsized even more than Christine, but I have the feeling Janelle is as happy as a bug in brown recliner in the smaller house with lower utility costs.  Meri has an extremely nice rental, and, of course, Robyn has a house twice as expensive as Christine and a lot nicer.   I would be so jealous if I were Christine.  And I would be mad if I were getting no help with medical bills for my child.  I will watch this show forever waiting for Kody and Robyn to end up in a double wide back in Lehi.

Edited by Twopper
  • Like 20
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Twopper said:

I will watch this show forever waiting for Kody and Robyn to end up in a double wide back in Lehi.

From your mouth to God’s ears . . .

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/21/2021 at 4:50 PM, Twopper said:

I will watch this show forever waiting for Kody and Robyn to end up in a double wide back in Lehi.

I'm hoping for a single wide.

Edited by deirdra
  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I'm hoping for a single wide.

I went with the double wide because of the youngest children.  Once those are gone, they can empty nest in their car,  Meri can donate her luluroe rags to Robyn.  Christine can donate her unused toaster.  Janelle can donate her cracked plates and cups,  and robyn can hang her wedding license on the window.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

I'm hoping for a single wide.

I'm hoping for a tent pitched on the banks of Prairie Plague Pond.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm hoping for a tent pitched on the banks of Prairie Plague Pond.

I'm good with a box under a bridge. Or a van down by the river.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/1080734/sister-wives-christine-brown-new-business-raise-money-daughter-surgery-money-issues/

"The Sun can exclusively reveal Kody Brown’s third wife, Christine, 48, filed CBrown Quest, LLC on May 15, 2020 with the Arizona Corporation Commission.

The business description is “any legal purpose.”

The place of business is the Flagstaff, Arizona home she shares with her husband.

Christine launched the new business amid her daughter’s medical crisis.

In June, Christine revealed she raised $25,000 for her daughter’s upcoming surgery by selling LuLaRoe clothing."

What could "CBrown Quest" be and what does "business description is any legal purpose” mean. Interesting time to be starting a business. The link below states "She also launched a legal business called CBrown Quest, LLC." Because it said "legal business", I thought PrePaid Legal, of Jodi Arias fame, due to its MLM connection and the Brown's love affair with MLM's. 

"In 1983 Prepaid Legal Services adopted the MLM (or pyramid style marketing) approach that it's known for today. MidOcean Partners purchased Prepaid Legal in 2011 and in September of that year, they became Legal Shield."

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/1221794/sister-wives-kody-brown-millions-new-arizona-life-family-financial-issues/

Found this: https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2020/07/meri-brown-i-dont-miss-kody-not-one-bit/   "And that's ... all we know about it. We know the name and nothing more. There is nothing mentioned in the filing about the company it in terms of its domain – entertainment, retail, etc."

https://ecorp.azcc.gov/PublicBusinessSearch/PublicBusinessInfo?entityNumber=23086637

  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

It is probably a tax shelter or holding company for "donations" for Ysabel's surgery. The more companies they have, the more tax write-offs they get. Remember Janelle telling Robyn that her SWC joo'ry business was a hobby?  After 3 years of expenses that eat up all of the money earned (net income and taxes = $0), the IRS considers it to be a hobby and expenses can no longer be written off. So it is time to invent a new company to get more write-offs for their travel expenses, phone costs, office supplies, partial use of house as an office, etc.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/1080734/sister-wives-christine-brown-new-business-raise-money-daughter-surgery-money-issues/

"The Sun can exclusively reveal Kody Brown’s third wife, Christine, 48, filed CBrown Quest, LLC on May 15, 2020 with the Arizona Corporation Commission.

The business description is “any legal purpose.”

The place of business is the Flagstaff, Arizona home she shares with her husband.

Christine launched the new business amid her daughter’s medical crisis.

From the article: "On the January premiere of Sister Wives, Christine told the cameras, 'financially, we’re drowning.'" No she didn't. She told them, "financially, we're drowndingk." Check your sources, Sun. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

From the article: "On the January premiere of Sister Wives, Christine told the cameras, 'financially, we’re drowning.'" No she didn't. She told them, "financially, we're drowndingk." Check your sources, Sun. 

Or more precisely, "financially, we're drowwwwwwdingk."

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

Filing for a LLC is recommended for high selling LulaRoe consultants.  It helps on taxes, mainly the self employment tax.  

  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

It is probably a tax shelter or holding company for "donations" for Ysabel's surgery. The more companies they have, the more tax write-offs they get. Remember Janelle telling Robyn that her SWC joo'ry business was a hobby?  After 3 years of expenses that eat up all of the money earned (net income and taxes = $0), the IRS considers it to be a hobby and expenses can no longer be written off. So it is time to invent a new company to get more write-offs for their travel expenses, phone costs, office supplies, partial use of house as an office, etc.

*Ahem*

WHY DON'T THEY ALL JUST GET REAL JOBS AND STOP INVENTING THESE STUPID USELESS NO TALENT HAVING NO RESEARCH NEEDING POINTLESS BUSINESSES THAT AREN'T EVEN RILL AND THE WEBSITES HAVE BEEN OFFLINE FOR THREE YEARS AND THE CLOTHES THEY SELL ARE FLAMMABLE AND HAVE DEMONIC CHIHUAHUA PRINTS ARRRRGHHGHGHGH??/&$$%^$&())

Carry on.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/24/2021 at 9:50 PM, deirdra said:

It is probably a tax shelter or holding company for "donations" for Ysabel's surgery. The more companies they have, the more tax write-offs they get. Remember Janelle telling Robyn that her SWC joo'ry business was a hobby?  After 3 years of expenses that eat up all of the money earned (net income and taxes = $0), the IRS considers it to be a hobby and expenses can no longer be written off. So it is time to invent a new company to get more write-offs for their travel expenses, phone costs, office supplies, partial use of house as an office, etc.

Yeah, at that fakey presentation to the "capital venture group" I think it was Janelle who said their first year had sales of $45k and the following years sales were $180k.  And I am shouting at my tv "what was the cost of goods sold?'   I bet each of them claimed a home office, too.  There is a couch scene in one episode (I think the one where Christine's mom moves in) where all four of them say they work the same hours.  Christine is annoyed that Robyn has a relative as a live-in nanny so Christine is never asked to care for Solomon.  (Christine says "Robyn's kids" but I rilly think she only meant the baby).

  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

where is this?  Doesn't look like Flagstaff in early April.

There is an episode where Christine is wearing a sweater like one I have!!!!   Don't worry, because it is before she and Meri started selling the Lulurags stuff and after they quit wearing the little house on the prairie clothes, although I think the clothes the Wilders had were better looking than almost all  of the outfits the Brown women chose.

I think it is ep 3 or 4 of season 10 where they go for the first visit to the bridal store with Maddie.  When they do the scenes on the couch Christine is wearing a gray sweater with diamond shapes running down the front.   My daughter gave me this sweater for Christmas in 2008 or 2009, I think.   I know I had it before 2010, because I remember wearing it at a place I haven't been since the summer of 2010. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

where is this?  Doesn't look like Flagstaff in early April.

I assume she’s still at Mykelti’s. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

where is this?  Doesn't look like Flagstaff in early April.

website on barrier:  /www.sgcity.org

St. George

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I assume she’s still at Mykelti’s.

 

1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

website on barrier:  /www.sgcity.org

St. George

I always miss the details.  Like an episode is supposedly in April but the calendar says March.  I did pick up on the tomatoes at Janelle's not being in season when COVID first broke out. 

It just seems a bit early to be playing in water already, but maybe I am getting old and more cold natured.  Or maybe it is just that after a cold snowy winter in Flagstaff, it just seems like summer to Truly.  I have no idea about St George weather.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

That splash pad is in the Town Square Park on Main St in SG's historic district. It's next to a beautiful vintage carousel and the children's museum.

The month of March brought warm days in the usual 70s and the high today will be 83.

  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

This show is more fun looking for inconsistencies, an adult Where's Waldo. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I finally watched the wedding one where she sang. Holy cow. It's okay to not be good at singing. You can just not sing, honey.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I finally watched the wedding one where she sang. Holy cow. It's okay to not be good at singing. You can just not sing, honey.

It was not good. I am a terrible singer. I know I am a terrible singer. Therefore, except for belting songs out in the car or when I'm cleaning my house, the only people I subject to my singingk are immediate family.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

It was not good. I am a terrible singer. I know I am a terrible singer. Therefore, except for belting songs out in the car or when I'm cleaning my house, the only people I subject to my singingk are immediate family.

She mentioned that she "joke" sings. I don't know whose idea it was (TLC's) to make this poor woman sing, or how it came about that she does sing to herself sometimes (who doesn't?), but it was a horrible idea. She already sacrificed her ugly dress to make those ugly flowers (might have been for a different weddingk, who can tell these basic-ass weddingks apart), no need to sacrifice everyone's ears and sanity.

I'm an intermediate-level trained singer and I've spent decades tryingk to make sure I sing on-key. Even with tryingk, I couldn't get to the level of ear-shattering off-key that was. I'm far from perfect, and you have to go ugly sometimes just to get it all out there before you can start refiningk it. The time to go ugly is in studio practice with a trainer, not at your kid's weddingk! I'm guessingk her "coach" was an actor or acquaintance just for the show. All she did was nod and say "no no, you sounded GOOD!" Then she starts talking down to the guitarist--"that's too low! My voice is higher!"--you know, the guy who actually knows the notes. Maybe choose a key, Christine? Once you do, the guitarist will be able to play with you.

And that songk is not particularly hard to singk, if you're not tone-deaf. You don't have to go a full octave over a male singer just because you're a woman. You can singk in the same range. Even if you choose a different key.

It reminds me of a duet I did years ago. I think my partner got distracted or stage fright or something because she suddenly started goingk off tempo, slowing down to a pace that didn't make any sense at all, and the band was just tryingk to follow alongk while givingk each other questioningk looks. That poor guitarist deserved better.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

It reminds me of a duet I did years ago. I think my partner got distracted or stage fright or something because she suddenly started goingk off tempo, slowing down to a pace that didn't make any sense at all, and the band was just tryingk to follow alongk while givingk each other questioningk looks. That poor guitarist deserved better.

I have been said "poor guitarist" (albeit on the piano) before. Accompanying is not for wimps. 🙂

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

16 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

It was not good. I am a terrible singer. I know I am a terrible singer. Therefore, except for belting songs out in the car or when I'm cleaning my house, the only people I subject to my singingk are immediate family.

My late, great cat loved my singing. Loved it. That’s how I knew I was terrible. 

  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I finally watched the wedding one where she sang. Holy cow. It's okay to not be good at singing. You can just not sing, honey.

Her main problem was trying to sing in a key way too high for her voice.  During practice her accompanist mentioned this and IIRC suggested & played in a better key for her, but she wouldn't listen.  He was right!  When singing a cappella, it is very helpful to have an instrument play the starting note.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Her main problem was trying to sing in a key way too high for her voice.  During practice her accompanist mentioned this and IIRC suggested & played in a better key for her, but she wouldn't listen.  He was right!  When singing a cappella, it is very helpful to have an instrument play the starting note.

Yes!! She had a fairly alto-sounding voice. That key was never going to work!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Can you imagine that poor kid's first vision of the world being his hairy gorilla of a father?  Scarred for life.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

So who here thinks Christine is going to move to Utah to be closer to her children and grandchildren? 

I think chances are getting better and better as time goes on. Personally I hope she can do it sooner than later...

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2021 at 10:15 PM, Gramto6 said:

I think chances are getting better and better as time goes on. Personally I hope she can do it sooner than later...

I don’t think she is going anywhere.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Olliesmom said:

I don’t think she is going anywhere.

One can only hope she finally can break away...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

So who here thinks Christine is going to move to Utah to be closer to her children and grandchildren? 

Is Aspyn in Utah now too, or is she still in Las Vegas? Christine is really good with kids. 

Tony needs to brush his hair, or pull it back or cut it or something to make himself look less unkept. But the baby is super cute.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Is Aspyn in Utah now too, or is she still in Las Vegas?

She lives in Utah.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

B9209243-5BDF-4B56-A688-3A25227C64D0.jpeg

60A22CB0-3B93-4CA5-8CD5-72E03FB5E38C.jpeg

Does she do a lot of these? I know she does the Lulu thing. Does she do many of these other sponsored ads? For the # of followers they have (meri, Janelle, Christine) they could really make quite a bit of money in ads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Does she do a lot of these? I know she does the Lulu thing. Does she do many of these other sponsored ads? For the # of followers they have (meri, Janelle, Christine) they could really make quite a bit of money in ads.

This is not really a sponsored ad but yet another MLM, it's a way of life for them.  Use their infamy from the show to draw in a downline and get those worker bees to provide them with an income.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

This is not really a sponsored ad but yet another MLM, it's a way of life for them.  Use their infamy from the show to draw in a downline and get those worker bees to provide them with an income.

Good point. I should have looked more carefully. If I had I would have noticed the "join my team" part. Ugh.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

If Younique doesn't make a moisturizer, they should.  Or is that not unique enough?

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm sorry, but that is an awful picture. She looks like a dude. 

She looks like her mother.  She has fair skin and lives in a desert environment.  Probably never wore sunscreen.  She should take the cap off her head.   Sheeesh.   This would not entice me to buy that product.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size