Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

150C1B22-4222-4B67-AA35-96FF1EF24590.jpeg

Why don’t we ever see a pic of Kody playing games with the kids? What about looking at a sunset with his arm around someone? Is it the Brown’s way of keeping us staring or are the wives low key dissing Kody’s fathering? Why doesn’t Kody put up any pics of the kiddos himself? I keep hearing about how their love for youngsters is so great that they fill planets with them in the afterlife, but I’ve seen more photos of Meri’s catfish debacle than Kody with his offspring in the present. 
(And by the time I’ve finished typing this, I don’t care anymore.) 

• Love 15

During the Lehi years Christine should have told the family that since she's the one who's home all day looking after a dozen kids that she needs better accommodation.

Janelle was at work all day and Meri was gone a lot too, why did Meri or Janelle need to be upstairs?..all they did was sleep there, the kids all ate at Christines.

I really wish that Christine had stood up for herself.... What would the others do if Christine had walked out the door? Who will look after all the kids? No way would Janelle or Meri stay home and look after all those kids....I bet they would have moved Christine upstairs real fast if it meant losing their babysitter, nanny, nurse, taxi, cook etc... 

If you don't value yourself don't be surprised when you're taken for granted.

• Love 8

Why did it never occur to anyone to put in an access door between both sides of the basement? No going outside to get between the homes. Christine could have used the larger living space to watch and homeschool the brood while Janelle worked. Meri gets to pretend she lives alone.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

During the Lehi years Christine should have told the family that since she's the one who's home all day looking after a dozen kids that she needs better accommodation.

Janelle was at work all day and Meri was gone a lot too, why did Meri or Janelle need to be upstairs?..all they did was sleep there, the kids all ate at Christines.

They cashed out Janelle's 401K for the down payment for the house.  If Kody contributed additional money from commissions, they probably considered it Meri's & Kody's.  So, the people who paid or bought the home got the better accommodations.  

Christine could have leveraged the idea that she was responsible for all their children all day, and they shouldn't be playing and learning in the basement/dungeon.  Instead, Christine was keeping sweet and passive-aggressive.  According to Christine in this episode, she already knew that Kody didn't value her, because he never showered there.  Robyn's usurping Christine's self-defined role of last wife & peacemaker and scoring a townhouse when Christine was pregnant or had just given birth to her 6th child and returning to the basement sharpened Christine's realization.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Where did Robyn live before the move to Vegas?

When Kody and Robyn started dating Robyn lived in St George, and he had to travel down to see her.  Then he moved her up into her own duplex in Lehi when they got married.

• Love 2

Christine's looking great! The outfit..... not so much. She seems to love this color - what color is it anyway? Dull pink? And those snakeskin leggings... Definitely a no-go for me.  Ok, maybe the fact that I'm absolutely terrified of snakes has got something to do with it...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Elodia said:

She seems to love this color - what color is it anyway?

It's the same colour Mariah uses on her IG pages, darker & lighter shades of Burnt Sienna, that Crayola crayon that kids rarely choose. 

• Love 4

Tried to watched Season 1 via Dish On Demand. Weird they had all the seasons except Season 1. They only had the S1 Special with Natalie Morales. This was more fun to watch with my Season 10 eyes. Time has not been good to them, visually. From fresh faced to worn out/beat up. My how Christine's attitude changed, from cheerful zealot to angry and isolated. Morales asked an interesting question about their finances and health insurance, which they uncomfortably dodged. They did share that one of the kids had to have an emergency appendectomy (?) that cost them, I think they said/don't quote me, a "years wages" and that they make payments; Janelle chimed in they are the experts at making payments.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Proponents of the Principle actually let you knOw that in order to be transformed, you are expected to put others first and to suffer. Expectedly, there are those who will always avoid suffering no matter the edict or feel they’ve suffered enough, so it’s someone else’s turn, but basically them’s the rules. So if Christine can’t take the suffering, she needs to admit The Principle is a lie.
If she hasn’t already. At times I wonder if this family came to that conclusion long ago and are now acting out the process for the cameras. 

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Love 10
On 3/8/2021 at 12:47 AM, lindalouwho said:

Why did it never occur to anyone to put in an access door between both sides of the basement? No going outside to get between the homes. Christine could have used the larger living space to watch and homeschool the brood while Janelle worked. Meri gets to pretend she lives alone.

I believe the downstairs portion of Janelle's house was the bedroom areas.  I wouldn't want someone coming into that area of my home.  The one from Janelle's to Meri's was through the kitchen area's of their homes.

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, Elodia said:

Christine's looking great! The outfit..... not so much. She seems to love this color - what color is it anyway? Dull pink? And those snakeskin leggings... Definitely a no-go for me.  Ok, maybe the fact that I'm absolutely terrified of snakes has got something to do with it...

She appears to have filtered her face

• Love 1
12 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Tried to watched Season 1 via Dish On Demand. Weird they had all the seasons except Season 1. They only had the S1 Special with Natalie Morales. This was more fun to watch with my Season 10 eyes. Time has not been good to them, visually. From fresh faced to worn out/beat up. My how Christine's attitude changed, from cheerful zealot to angry and isolated. Morales asked an interesting question about their finances and health insurance, which they uncomfortably dodged. They did share that one of the kids had to have an emergency appendectomy (?) that cost them, I think they said/don't quote me, a "years wages" and that they make payments; Janelle chimed in they are the experts at making payments.

I seem to recall that was Madison, who also had "failure to thrive" as an infant but survived.

• Love 2

Doesn't Christine or Robyn wear that floral shirt on the show frequently?  Maybe Christine will launch her own as-worn-by-disgruntled-polygamist-on-reality TV LuLaRoe collection, like Meri.  (We know that all the camouflage we saw last week will be for sale at the end of the season.)

The #LulaRoeCheryl is Christine's wrinkled cardigan. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Just remembered another interesting part of S1 episodes. Christine is over the top with her wispery, authoritarian, expert all things plyg voice during the group and talking head scenes. She sounds like she got the lead in a high school play for the first time. Oh wait . . . she is in a high school play!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

The problem with Christine is that she made her bed, but now does not want to lie in it. The earlier seasons show how arrogant she is about anything not "plyg", and now slowly reality is dawning on her; she is looking like a hag, is being a single mom of 6 children (yes, single, the government does not give a shit about your spiritual marriage, Christine) and has to sell Lalelu to afford her daughter's surgery. 

Christine will never leave, though- being "plyg" is what defines her, and without that, she is/ has nothing, otherwise, she would have left when Truely was almost dying on the couch under Kulty's watch, while he was busy BBQing (is that a word?).

Point is, I do not feel sorry for her the slightest, just contempt at this point. She deserves everything that she is getting now and more.

People like Christine are defending and advocating for a cult that has brought suffering over thousands of children and young women, and it is no coincidence that her family, the Allreds, are one of the biggest names in that community. The (rotten) apple does not fall far from the tree.

Edited by Coldplay
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Coldplay said:

the Allreds

Do you mean Alldredge?

If so, is Christine related to Jeff Allredge, Sharis Alldredge, Vanessa Alldredge of Seeking Sister Wife? I read somewhere that Aspyn's husband Mitch also has some Allredge in him. 

Looks like the plygs have discovered a new MLM, Reality TV.

• Love 3

Christine is the paternal granddaughter of Rulon Allred who was a leader/president of the Apostolic United Brethren (AUB).  Her other plyg royalty is on her mother's side, the LeBaron family, a prominent polygamist Mormon community that rivaled the AUB. Ervil LeBaron was a notorious leader who actually ordered a hit on Christine's grandfather Rulon and killed him.

Aspyn's marriage to Mitch, whose sister is Vanessa Alldredge, the first wife of Jeff Alldredge, connects her to those plygs too.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9

Christine is the granddaughter of Rulon Allred, the founder of the AUB church.  Mitch is the grandson of the current AUB prophet, Lynn Thompson. 

Mitch’s sister, Vanessa, is a wife of Jeff Alldrege (Seeking Sister Wife).  Jeff also has two children who married Thompsons: a Thompson brother (to Jeff's daughter in polygamy) and a Thompson sister (to Jeff's son).  Thus, Jeff Alldrege is both a Thompson father-in-law and brother-in-law, because Vanessa’s (& Mitch's) siblings married his children.  Mitch's other sister, Heather, is in a monogamous marriage.  So, Mitch himself is the family tiebreaker for monogamy or polygamy.  (Hannah had 5 children with Mitch’s father.)

Rosemary Thompson Williams, Brady Williams' 3rd wife (My Five Wives), is Lynn Thompson’s daughter with Donna Lynn Jessop.  Thus, she is Mitch's aunt.  Mitch's grandfather is married to two Allreds: Donna Beth Allred-Jessop and Rhoda Mills Allred, who are great-aunt and half-aunt (respectively) to Christine. 

Edited by Grifter Lives
typo
  • Useful 11

I'm watching tonight's replay of the first episode this season, and in the added content Kody explained that when Christine complained he was always on the phone when he's at her house he said it wasn't because he is addicted to his phone, but that he's trying to avoid the angst that Christine gives him.  He's trying to avoid conflict with her.  Yeah, that's a healthy relationship......

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Christine is the granddaughter of Rulon Allred, the founder of the AUB church.  Mitch is the grandson of Lynn Thompson, the current AUB prophet. 

Mitch’s sister, Vanessa, is a wife of Jeff Alldrege (Seeking Sister Wife).  Jeff also has two children who married Thompsons: a  daughter who married a Thompson brother (in polygamy) and a son, who married a Thompson sister.  Thus, Jeff Alldrege is both a Thompson father-in-law and brother-in-law, because his children married his wife Vanessa’s (& Mitch's) siblings.  Mitch's other sister, Heather, is in a monogamous marriage.  So, Mitch himself is the family tiebreaker for monogamy or polygamy.  (Hannah had 5 children with Mitch’s father.)

Rosemary Thompson Williams, Brady Williams' 3rd wife (My Five Wives), is Lynn Thompson’s daughter with Donna Lynn Jessop.  Thus, she is Mitch's aunt.  Mitch's grandfather is married to two Allreds: Donna Beth Allred-Jessop and Rhoda Mills Allred, who are great-aunt and half-aunt (respectively) to Christine. 

Sorry for the mistaken repost - I was editing for parallelism.

Edited by Grifter Lives
2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

he's trying to avoid the angst that Christine gives him.  He's trying to avoid conflict with her.  Yeah, that's a healthy relationship......

These five people are all passive aggressive and horrible communicators. She said he just pops in, they never know when he's coming, and disrupts whatever they had planned.  How hard is this to fix?  Make a schedule or an advanced, respectful heads up.  They are all checked out on the "relationships" and are unwilling to put in the hard work to address and fix things that are keeping them apart.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Christine was the first to list her LV house for sale, but was last to sell.

How was she able to buy her Flagstaff house without selling the LV house first?

The mind boggles, but she may have borrowed against her equity in the LV house for the downpayment on the Flag house. By the time she sold the LV house and with all the carrying & closing costs, she probably netted $0 or lost money in the transaction.  Was Christine the one who put it on the market before they covered over their Fambly Handprints patio, fixed the broken cabinets & baseboards and hadn't erected the fence between it and the adjacent house?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/13/2021 at 8:10 PM, Grifter Lives said:

Mitch's grandfather is married to two Allreds: Donna Beth Allred-Jessop and Rhoda Mills Allred, who are great-aunt and half-aunt (respectively) to Christine. 

Wait, so Mitch is a cousin of Christine's? (twice removed or whatever?)

Their family tree has been called a wreath elsewhere. In any small community the families get intertwined. Add having more than one wife, and the genealogy gets absurd. The Kingston group in Utah believes in marrying within families, and often a child has one grandfather and two grandmothers who are his half sisters. Recipe for genetic disaster.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/11/2021 at 10:54 AM, deirdra said:

It's the same colour Mariah uses on her IG pages, darker & lighter shades of Burnt Sienna, that Crayola crayon that kids rarely choose. 

True story - as a kid I probably went through 498 boxes of Crayola crayons, and I totally used Burnt Sienna because I didn't want any of my crayons to feel left out.  Same with Raw Umber. 🙂

On 3/13/2021 at 3:01 PM, Coldplay said:

The problem with Christine is that she made her bed, but now does not want to lie in it. The earlier seasons show how arrogant she is about anything not "plyg", and now slowly reality is dawning on her; she is looking like a hag, is being a single mom of 6 children (yes, single, the government does not give a shit about your spiritual marriage, Christine) and has to sell Lalelu to afford her daughter's surgery. 

I just wonder if she doubled-down so hard because her mother and her aunt had left the faith, and she was internally freaking out about that so she worked extra hard to make her "marriage" work.  She came from plyg royalty only to have two women that I'm sure she looked up to bail on their faith.  Her faux-innocent righteousness was definitely over the top, though.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:11 PM, itsadryheat said:

These five people are all passive aggressive and horrible communicators. She said he just pops in, they never know when he's coming, and disrupts whatever they had planned.  How hard is this to fix?  Make a schedule or an advanced, respectful heads up.  They are all checked out on the "relationships" and are unwilling to put in the hard work to address and fix things that are keeping them apart.

Because Kody thrives on causing chaos.  Just think - if there was an actual schedule, the wives could prepare for his visit, clear their own schedules, make notes of the things they wanted to talk about/have Kody fix/plan a family dinner....but this way, he plops on in whenever he fills like it so that way, he doesn't have to dill with things that don't interest him like bills, household repairs, money issues, his kids, etc.  He can just make his appearance and bail on back to Robyn's before she realizes that he slipped his collar and snuck out again.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

True story - as a kid I probably went through 498 boxes of Crayola crayons, and I totally used Burnt Sienna because I didn't want any of my crayons to feel left out.  Same with Raw Umber. 

Ha ha.  I too worried that Burnt Sienna might feel left out, but left it untouched since I thought it might prefer to stand taller and pristine.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10

I still find it fascinating that Arizona currently has so much snow and Michigan has none.

I also like the fact that she owns a rainbow flag but didn't feel the need to point it out with a bunch of stupid hashtags like #rainbowflag #rainbowflagstaff #rainbowsrainbows #rainbowlove #Iloverainbows #proudrainbowmom etc., like Meri surely would have done.

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I still find it fascinating that Arizona currently has so much snow and Michigan has none.

They have the elevation, at 7000 feet they get the mountain snow. 

And NE MI got smow two nights ago so spring took a bit of a T-turn here! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

"We celebrate by adding green food coloring to everything we can think of eating!"

This is why they all struggle with weight, digestion, cooking and academics.  I hope she meant, "We celebrate by adding green food coloring to everything we eat."

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Cetacean said:

They have the elevation, at 7000 feet they get the mountain snow. 

Something they seem to not have researched before they moved there, since Christine was surprised the first winter and bought a shovel & snowblower.

• Love 3

Basically, Robyn says (in a bonus scene from the More to Love Basement Wife episode) that society’s refusal to accept polygamy is the primary reason a sister wife like Christine feels like a second class citizen, or whatever.  Living in a basement and taking primary care of all of Kody’s children while he enjoys superior compartments above stairs is apparently only the secondary reason a lady feels like a second class citizen, or whatever. As if Christine or any third wife would be treated more respectfully because of a marriage certificate. Humans are going to be humans.
Granted, all family members would have had access to health insurance, eradicating those payments for unexpected medical bills, but everything else would’ve evened out accordingly when Christine no longer had access to the bonus of welfare. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Owen Allred is her gpa. Rulon is Owen's brother, so.. Christine's great uncle? His son Rex is Christine's dad. 

According to the article I shared Christine is Rulon's granddaughter. 

• Love 2