Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Bringing @Sandy W post from the Meri thread.

Sandy W, can you elaborate on this for me? If I recall Annie is Christine's aunt that left polygamy or am I thinking of someone else?

Christine's aunt is Kristyn Dekker, she is the one that left polygamy and if I'm not mistaken, when confronting the Brown wimmen folk on a panel discussion was the recipient of Robyn's condescending sneer when Robyn said to her ---"don't speak for me, SWEETIE!"

Annie is Christine's mother who eventually moved into Christine's home.  She was more or less included when Mariah made her coming out announcement, she was seen on the staircase just outside the room and was one of the first to rush and embrace Mariah.  Annie was slated to run the B&B for Meri and Meri took her up there to get a feel for the place  She was very excited about the prospect, but suddenly, Meri's mother Bonnie sold her own home just when Meri was scrambling for cash to purchase the B&B, and Annie was out and Bonnie was in.

Annie disappeared from the episodes right around that time, and I have heard that she now lives with another daughter.  I looked, but didn't spot her at Mitch & Aspyn's wedding.  Seemed odd, as she is Aspyn's bio grandmother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Annie is Christine’s mom. 

19 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Christine's aunt is Kristyn Dekker, she is the one that left polygamy and if I'm not mistaken, when confronting the Brown wimmen folk on a panel discussion was the recipient of Robyn's condescending sneer when Robyn said to her ---"don't speak for me, SWEETIE!"

Annie is Christine's mother who eventually moved into Christine's home.  She was more or less included when Mariah made her coming out announcement, she was seen on the staircase just outside the room and was one of the first to rush and embrace Mariah.  Annie was slated to run the B&B for Meri and Meri took her up there to get a feel for the place  She was very excited about the prospect, but suddenly, Meri's mother Bonnie sold her own home just when Meri was scrambling for cash to purchase the B&B, and Annie was out and Bonnie was in.

Annie disappeared from the episodes right around that time, and I have heard that she now lives with another daughter.  I looked, but didn't spot her at Mitch & Aspyn's wedding.  Seemed odd, as she is Aspyn's bio grandmother.

Annie is Christine's MOM- thank you.

Yes I remember her Mother living with her for a time. Why couldn't her own mother come to Christine's wedding to Kody?

7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Annie is Christine's MOM- thank you.

Yes I remember her Mother living with her for a time. Why couldn't her own mother come to Christine's wedding to Kody?

From the little I understand about polygamy, they consider their marriage vows personal and sacred, to be shared by only like-minded people.  As Christine's  mother had left polygamy, she would be considered "beyond the pale".

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

From the little I understand about polygamy, they consider their marriage vows personal and sacred, to be shared by only like-minded people.  As Christine's  mother had left polygamy, she would be considered "beyond the pale".

Thanks so much for explaining. 

• Love 1
On 2/12/2021 at 2:00 PM, Kellyee said:

Here is my cynical guess on why this is only Christine's medical bill: Christine is legally single, and as a single mother she could eventually file bankruptcy if needed to wipe away the debt. I'm thinking Christine and Kody have no shared finances so that creditors can't come after their family money, which is probably all in Kody's name. We have never heard of Christine having a job outside the home, as she watched Janelle's kids for a time while Janelle, Meri, and Kody were all working outside the home. 

In the FLDS, the plural wives all filed for welfare as single mothers. So this wouldn't be anything new to polygamy. As a child of polygamy, I have a feeling it's something that Christine may have grown up with, scamming the state. 

I didn’t realize.  You are a child of polygamy? 

❤️ you, Joan!  Christine always hypes polygamy "perks," and it's just covering up how she rilly fills about everything.  She's still been trying to sell her 'lifestyle' as so wonderful, and it's anything but!  She clearly hates Robo (who wouldn't) and has to shill crap clothes to pay her bills, since Kootie doesn't give a shit about any of the kids, save Robo's.  Sparkle Pony's bullshit has long since worn thin.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Over the years I've tried to like Christine but she just pisses me off.

I was rewatching Miss EvieK's birth and Christine takes every opportunity to dump on monogamy.

She does her stupid waving her finger in the air and cocking her head sideways as she says how great it is to be in a polygamous marriage because you have sister wives to help and how crappy it must be for monogamous women because they don't have anyone... Uhhhh WHAT?... She's such a moron and she's been in her ridiculous polygamy cocoon her whole life.

I had my husband, my mother, my actual sisters, my aunt who loved me like a mother and my husband's mother who was a sweet woman and always available to help in any way she was needed... But according to Christine I had no one when I gave birth.... Of all the sister wives she was the only one at EvieK's birth to help Janelle.... Where's all these great sister wives? Where's grandpa?.. Oh ya he's back home pork'n Robyn, the only wife he cares about.... Sorry Janelle...Robyn had a hang nail and he had to rush back to Flagstaff. 🙄

Then she sticks her huge foot in her mouth again when Maddie wanted to contact Caleb and talk over with him if she should let them strip the membranes or just go home and let things progress naturally.... Christine immediately rolls her eyeballs and laughs at how monogamous women have to check with their husbands and get permission before they do anything.... WTF?? You stupid cow!... It's called being considerate and talking things over to try and make the best decision NOT asking for permission!... I was so angry listening to her dumb ass I wanted to jump through the screen and throttle her as she sat there rolling her eyes and laughing about how stupidly monogamous couples handle things.... And she's always going... "I'm just say'n" and cocking her head back and forth like an idiot.

Oh and she can take her moronic "Car Confessions!" and shove them where the sun don't shine, they're never funny or the least bit interesting.

Christine doesn't know anything about life but she sits there like she's sooooo smart and worldly... *gag* *BARF* *PUKE!!!!*  

OK I might need some oxygen because I just hypered myself into a frenzy!!!  😂

Such good points.  I always feel Christine is forgetting that the Brown’s whole situation could’ve greatly benefited from three extra spouses to go around.  It would’ve meant more helping hands, more income, and more... love - especially since it was their idea that love should be multiplied, not divided.  

• Love 14

I think she's referring to Christine being a child of polygamy

LOL!  Oops!  (I’ll show myself out.) 😜

Correct, I am not a child of polygamy. I meant that having been raised in polygamy, Christine is likely versed in the many ways people in plural marriage have committed welfare fraud.

I was rewatching Miss EvieK's birth and Christine takes every opportunity to dump on monogamy.

If she was so happy in her own marriage, she wouldn't need to dump on other people's lifestyles. But also, I think Christine and Janelle might actually have a nice relationship/friendship. I go more by what they show and don't show on the Instagrams than by the heavily edited show. For example, how little Kody makes appearances at family dinners and such on the Instagram posts speaks volumes to me about what is really going on.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Correct, I am not a child of polygamy. I meant that having been raised in polygamy, Christine is likely versed in the many ways people in plural marriage have committed welfare fraud.

I’m such a dummy and reading through too quickly. 😜

• LOL 1
On 2/12/2021 at 5:53 PM, Sandy W said:

And if this is true, it's hysterically ironic because standing up there with Aspyn and Mitch was one woman in clodhoppers who had an affair with a banana, one woman who thinks standing up is hard let alone maintaining relationships with anyone not bringing her Fritos, and one who re-wrote history and manipulated an entire family.  If Grandma Annie was excluded because she left the faith, then Meri, Janelle and Robyn should've taken a seat also.

Also, while I'm not a bit surprised about Christine being anti-mask, did she actually say that in one of her stupid car stories?  

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And if this is true, it's hysterically ironic because standing up there with Aspyn and Mitch was one woman in clodhoppers who had an affair with a banana, one woman who thinks standing up is hard let alone maintaining relationships with anyone not bringing her Fritos, and one who re-wrote history and manipulated an entire family.  If Grandma Annie was excluded because she left the faith, then Meri, Janelle and Robyn should've taken a seat also.

Also, while I'm not a bit surprised about Christine being anti-mask, did she actually say that in one of her stupid car stories?  

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but as I understand it in the AUB first marriages, as was Mitch and Aspyn's would be open to those outside the faith.  Subsequent weddings involve the joining of hands with previous wives, who are integrated into the ceremony.  This would have been the case with Christine's wedding and if I recall, we witnessed the reception for the Kody/Robyn wedding, but don't think we saw the actual ceremony.  Annie was probably excluded on the insistence of the church elders, who would have interpreted Annie leaving the sect as sabotage. 

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

This would have been the case with Christine's wedding and if I recall, we witnessed the reception for the Kody/Robyn wedding, but don't think we saw the actual ceremony. 

I believe the ceremony itself is some sort of secret affair.  No heathens allowed.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I'm not sure if she actually said she was anti-mask, but she was pro travelling and living life.  That included Ysabel getting surgery. Christine may have headed to the East coast because her sister who lives there was supportive and Kodouche was not.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

it’s worse than I remembered

Thanks for posting. I had forgotten this. Man, this guy deserves big time Karma. The look on her face. Who says this kind of thing, ever, much less in a group being televised. And the cold way he said it. Wish we had a loop of all the demeaning comments he's made.

I like Christine for her heart and personality. She tries to stick up for herself and address difficult situations, like the Meri conversation. Of course, emotional abuser kody interprets her as whiny and nagging. 

She's lived her life in a bubble and I hope the move to Vegas may have opened her eyes to life options. Of all of them, I hope she is the one to escape.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

https://youtu.be/1Lk7g6-AQOs

I just realised I hadn’t been able to find this Tell All episode in the Sister Wives back catalogue anymore,  so I went and searched it on you tube, just to make sure my memory served me correctly and it really existed! OMG it’s worse than I remembered. Poor Christine, the gonads on this guy! What an absolute jackass! 

And later on the host had a one on one conversation with Kody and she asks him if he wants to apologize and he says no.  He tells her he was just being honest.  I think Christine was having such a hard time with jealousy regarding Robyn and Kody wanted to make her suffer for it.  Robyn was Kody's damel in distress, it was the two of them against the world. Jerk! 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

https://youtu.be/1Lk7g6-AQOs

I just realised I hadn’t been able to find this Tell All episode in the Sister Wives back catalogue anymore,  so I went and searched it on you tube, just to make sure my memory served me correctly and it really existed! OMG it’s worse than I remembered. Poor Christine, the gonads on this guy! What an absolute jackass! 

This was horrifying. 

"So you weren't attracted to her"

"That's an understatement"

What a POS.  Poor Christine is trying to laugh it off and saying "Yeah, I was chubby", like she's trying to justify him insulting her and humiliating her on TV.  All the other wives just sitting there completely silent.  What a f#%@ing pig. 

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Love 10

I think Christine thought if she lost weight that Kody would be more attracted to her but it isn't working and maybe that's why in the previews we see Christine saying that she can't be married to Kody anymore, she's tried everything and it's only getting worse to the point where he uses his phone to IGNORE her.

The problem is she was VERY attracted to Kody but Kody was NEVER the least bit attracted to Christine and when you aren't attracted to someone it's difficult to overcome that, you can't really force yourself to be attracted to someone that you're not attracted to.

I think Kody married Christine because as he's said MANY times, she was Polygamy royalty and Christine was able to use that to get Kody even though he wasn't at all attracted to her, she would have been better off to find someone who liked her look and personality.

Maybe that's why Joe Dargers marriages seem to be happier, maybe he was actually physically attracted to all his wives and he didn't marry women for their pedigree or some other stupid reason.

Kody said he wasn't attracted to Meri, he's said that Christine was a gross slob eating nachos and he found her repulsive and he's said that he liked Janelle as a "buddy" he could have conversations with, the only wife he was actually attracted to is Robyn and it was painfully obvious because he couldn't keep his hands off her... no wonder Christine is still jealous.

The wives must have seen the scenes of Kody and Robyn kissing while Christine was preggo, plus remember him being all involved in helping pick out Robyn's wedding dress behind their backs, Christine said Kody didn't give a crap about her wedding dress plus the nail in the coffin was the Kody/Robyn honeymoon with Kody on Cloud 9 and hanging all over Robyn..... Christine watches it knowing that he never acted like that with her.

• Love 19

or that "couple" weekend Christine & Kody went on a few years back when they were supposed to talk about the relationship between the two of them and reconnect, but Kody would only talk about the family.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 2/12/2021 at 4:23 PM, Sandy W said:

I always felt that Meri offered Annie a job at B&B to get Christine on her side when she pitched the idea to family. It might have worked to sway Kody, because well, no love lost there.

Since Meri didn't get loan from family, Gramma Annie was out.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I can see where she'd be constantly fighting her faith versus the reality of having a "husband" who never really loved her for these past 20+ years.  I wonder if her weight loss and the deep wrinkles on her face are the result of quietly carrying this knowledge in the back of her mind for so long and now, approaching 50, she understands that she can no longer live like this.  I also wonder if behind the scenes, her mom and her aunt are encouraging her to get out as they did.  I do believe that Christine really wanted the family, not just the man.  Now she has neither.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I also wonder if behind the scenes, her mom and her aunt are encouraging her to get out as they did.  I do believe that Christine really wanted the family, not just the man.  Now she has neither.

I also think that Gwen may be pointing out the inequalities in the relationships on a daily basis.  While not as condescendingly abrasive as Mariah, Gwen is very outspoken and she has never seemed to have illusions of being "daddy's girl" as does Maddie.  Even if Christine chooses to gloss over Kody's behaviors, Gwen would be there to abruptly remove Christine's rose colored glasses and demand to know WTH are you thinking?

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I can see where she'd be constantly fighting her faith versus the reality of having a "husband" who never really loved her for these past 20+ years.  I wonder if her weight loss and the deep wrinkles on her face are the result of quietly carrying this knowledge in the back of her mind for so long and now, approaching 50, she understands that she can no longer live like this.  I also wonder if behind the scenes, her mom and her aunt are encouraging her to get out as they did.  I do believe that Christine really wanted the family, not just the man.  Now she has neither.

I think they would all get out except for the show and the money!

Having a peck of kids to feed and house with not much in the marketable work bubble makes them stay and waste away!

Hell can be all kinds of different things.

• Love 10

I think they would all get out except for the show and the money!

Actually, it sounds like the house is in Christine's name. So she just has to change the locks to keep Kody out. Was it Christine in this last episode who said that Kody shows up and then is just looking at his phone the whole time? Way to be a dad. Shows up once a week to surf the web. Christine should change the wifi password and refuse to give it to him.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I’ve had a few friends like Christine in my life, who are really fantastic people (sweet, smart, funny, pretty, etc.) but tethered to horrible partners.  They have been together for a very long time and can’t see how really wonderful they are because after so many years of their partner talking them down, they begin to believe it.  They also feel like they are too old to be on their own and start something new because their confidence has been destroyed by some asshole who relishes the hold they have on this great person.  Many times this friend has been the bread winner, or contributed equally on finances.  They are already alone but they don’t even realize it because they have come to think of the relationship as normal.  They are unhappy as hell, but they can’t figure out why and they think it’s their fault.  Most don’t leave the situation because they believe the partner that is telling them they are nothing and can’t make it alone.  But I had one friend who’s husband actually died and she was forced to live a life on her own.  She went from being a depressed, trampled mess to a beautiful butterfly who eventually made a really nice life for herself and shined with happiness and personality and hope.   She would have stayed with the husband forever though, and had he not gotten cancer and passed, she would still be living her miserable existence.  Seeing this picture of Christine today and being reminded of the “relationship” she is living right now, I just want to give her a big hug and say sweetie, you are meant for such better things . . .

This! I hope she reads here!!

• Love 9

To be honest, I have a bit of a girl crush on Christine. I want to rescue her from her horrible marriage to the narcissist and whisk her away to paint her fingernails and watch Rom Coms every night...

Note: I am married, agnostic, and straight.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I guess it's just me but I don't find Christine to be all that smart, funny, or sweet. 

This is a woman who took classes to be a Realtor but was flabbergasted to learn she'd have to work weekends so dropped the whole thing.  She was astounded to hear that polygamist patriarchs were abusing women and children ("I never knew men could be such bastards") despite the heinous family history and the fact that her mother and aunt left polygamy.  She hid in a restroom to avoid her aunt as though she was going to be whisked off to be deprogrammed.  Not exactly a brain trust.

As for sweet, it's "keep sweet" with that whispery little voice but I'm not convinced she's like that off camera.  She's gotten her digs in and I think her Sparkle Plenty persona is due more to a good dose of chemicals than anything else.  Without them I think we see much more of the hidden volcano we saw when she stomped off the set protesting the whole wedding dress shopping incident.  

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

I completely agree with everything you said.  I'll add that she's the most condescending, hostile and passive-aggressive.  One of the clearest or most recent examples was their trip to Seattle so that Hannah - her daughter's mother-in-law - would design and custom-make hats for the wedding.  Christine interrogated Hannah about leaving the sect with fake pity and obvious superiority.  Hannah was dignified, polite, generous and gracious (a complete contrast to the Browns).  Then, Christine over-enthusiastically declared how cool Hannah was and how she wanted to be like Hannah "when she [Christine] grows up."  

Christine has lost her identity and purpose, and she's fighting an increasingly-more hostile and aggressive Kody who wants to be done with her.  She (not douchebag Kody) is really facing an existential crisis.  But, she's so ill-equipped, because she is so righteous in her indoctrination, uneducated, juvenile and unsophisticated.  Since she's no Strong Woman, she amps up her ridiculous, annoying and fake bubbly, fun-loving personality, and over-emotes, over-gesticulates and speaks really fast, because that's all she knows how to do.

I agree with you about righteous indoctrination. Before TLC came along, it was Christine who advocated Polygamy through Principle Voices. When they marched to UT capitol, she was the cheerleader, speaking passionately. Her Grandpa was prophet of AUB. She is steeped in the teachings of that community. 

It was a struggle for me to shuck the toxic parts of the dogma of my parents, gparents, ggparents. It's a struggle. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Actually, it sounds like the house is in Christine's name. So she just has to change the locks to keep Kody out. Was it Christine in this last episode who said that Kody shows up and then is just looking at his phone the whole time? Way to be a dad. Shows up once a week to surf the web. Christine should change the wifi password and refuse to give it to him.

She's probably in a tough situation - she has her routine with her kids and when he randomly pops over at night, not only does he disrupt whatever she's got going on, she knows he's only there because he thinks he has to be there, not because he wants to be there.  At the same time I'm sure she does want Truely to get to know her sperm donor - also Truely is old enough now to be aware that dad doesn't want to spend any time with her, preferring her step-sisters and half-brother and sister to her.  As a mom, I would both demand that Kody show up, put down the phone and engage with his child, but at the same time I would resent him "dropping by" and then proceeding to ignore everyone.  She can't win.

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

As a mom, I would both demand that Kody show up, put down the phone and engage with his child, but at the same time I would resent him "dropping by" and then proceeding to ignore everyone. 

Yes, but........keep sweet.  The poly wife mantra.

• Love 2

I think Christine looks fan freaking tastic.  I agree with the posters that said she could easily find a nice Mormon guy to settle down with.  Based on their talk show appearances, she is clearly the nicest, the warmest and the most friendliest in the group. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 6
On 2/19/2021 at 7:13 AM, laurakaye said:

She's probably in a tough situation - she has her routine with her kids and when he randomly pops over at night, not only does he disrupt whatever she's got going on, she knows he's only there because he thinks he has to be there, not because he wants to be there.  At the same time I'm sure she does want Truely to get to know her sperm donor - also Truely is old enough now to be aware that dad doesn't want to spend any time with her, preferring her step-sisters and half-brother and sister to her.  As a mom, I would both demand that Kody show up, put down the phone and engage with his child, but at the same time I would resent him "dropping by" and then proceeding to ignore everyone.  She can't win.

Exactly, she can't win and I think christine has finally figured that out and it's probably why we see her telling Meri that she can't stay married to kody anymore.

If she dares to call kody out on his behaviour he'll make her pay and ignore her even more, it's no sweat off his brow because ignoring a wife doesn't really effect him, he still has his home with Robyn, he can still hang with Janelle, he's not alone so he has no incentive to make it work with christine and in fact I think he likes the idea of not having to be present with her because he's even less attracted to her now than he was in the beginning.... I also think that christine has Robyn figured out and isn't buying her crying act anymore and Robyn knows it so christine better watch her back.

That's one of the biggest problems with polygamy, the husband has lots of options while the wives only have one option and if they don't want to lose the only option they have they need to be sweet, don't complain, don't be jealous, be present, be happy, don't rock the boat.

It probably works for Joe Darger because he's attracted to all his wives and he isn't a pissy baby like Kody.

Kody was never suited for polygamy, he's a whiney, self absorbed, immature, selfish jackass.

Those women made a huge mistake when they invited Robyn to join the family.

• Love 23

Maybe I'm reading too much into Christine's post, but I wonder if she is effectively 'licking her wounds' and taking comfort in the knowledge that at least Truely loves her, and is planning a future with her in it.

• Love 12

I'm watching the latest episode on TLCGo. 

This is probably not going to be a popular observation but I'm just not seeing significant weight loss on Christine.  Her neck and face are skinny but the rest of her isn't much smaller than she's been in the past. 

I think that for her Instagram - she might not be FaceTuning like Meri, but she's definitely using camera angles and positioning to appear smaller. Like she is in this picture, dressed in slimming black and with her leg hiding her body.  In still photos, Christine often hides partially behind someone else.  BTDT for me in my overweight/obese days - I was always trying to find something to hide behind. 

The show is the great truth teller as far as the weight and looks go.  Instagram is their fantasy. It blows my mind to see comments from fans kissing their butts saying how young and skinny they look - don't they watch the show? 

IMO of course.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm watching the latest episode on TLCGo. 

This is probably not going to be a popular observation but I'm just not seeing significant weight loss on Christine.  Her neck and face are skinny but the rest of her isn't much smaller than she's been in the past. 

I think that for her Instagram - she might not be FaceTuning like Meri, but she's definitely using camera angles and positioning to appear smaller. Like she is in this picture, dressed in slimming black and with her leg hiding her body.  In still photos, Christine often hides partially behind someone else.  BTDT for me in my overweight/obese days - I was always trying to find something to hide behind. 

The show is the great truth teller as far as the weight and looks go.  Instagram is their fantasy. It blows my mind to see comments from fans kissing their butts saying how young and skinny they look - don't they watch the show? 

IMO of course.

You could be right, but don't forget that what we're seeing in the "new" season was filmed last summer at the latest. I'd like to think she's actually slimmed down rather than using the angles in her pix.

• Love 8
On 2/27/2021 at 1:45 PM, Teafortwo said:

You could be right, but don't forget that what we're seeing in the "new" season was filmed last summer at the latest. I'd like to think she's actually slimmed down rather than using the angles in her pix.

I agree, I think it’s genuine weight loss in the last year. Christine doesn’t tend to filter herself in any sense and never has. Meri is all about her vanity pride and ‘walls’ and tries to control the way she’s perceived, but Christine seems to be fairly open and genuine - plus if she knew how to tune her body in my opinion, she’d filter her face too (which she clearly doesn’t). That’s where most people start, when editing pictures. Body tuning is much harder. 

• Love 9