Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I'm also an ISFJ. What does the T mean?

I'm an INFJ-T. The T stands for Turbulent. More easily ruffled. Self-conscious. The results of anxiety or stress are internalized.

The -A designation stands for Assertive. Calm. Self-confident. Nearly immune to anxiety or stress. 

The purist view is that the T and A designations are not valid because they were added much later to the original Myers-Briggs theory. 

• Useful 6
8 minutes ago, suomi said:

The purist view is that the T and A designations are not valid because they were added much later to the original Myers-Briggs theory. 

I think their inclusion makes a lot of sense. I'm definitely a T, but my best friend, who is also an ISFJ, but must be an A because she is so different from me in attitude. She talks to people! She stands up for herself! She sings offkey in public! She's basically kind of weird, but fun to be around. 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, suomi said:

I'm an INFJ-T. The T stands for Turbulent. More easily ruffled. Self-conscious. The results of anxiety or stress are internalized.

The -A designation stands for Assertive. Calm. Self-confident. Nearly immune to anxiety or stress. 

Thanks.  I didn't know what the T meant.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/2/2020 at 6:37 AM, laurakaye said:

INFJ here. 🙂  *waves from a safe distance and then runs away*

Hello!  *waves back from the privacy of my homemade, military-grade bunker*  😛

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 8
On 7/2/2020 at 8:47 PM, PDXlulu said:

I am an INTJ as well.  We are a curious group.  I remember taking the assessment at work and the summary statement for the personality was "I am sorry that you are going to have to die."  (May be why military leaders can skew to INTJ).  My team just laughed and said, that is exactly you!  And it didn't bother me.  I like to be in charge and make the tough decisions.  And I really don't want to spend time chatting with you about them.  Just leave me alone and trust that I am right.  And if you see me in the grocery store please don't talk to me.  lol.

Agreed.  That response made me LOL because I can relate so well. 

What about the RBF (resting b**ch face)? Goodness, I remember when i was young people always thought I was either mad or a serial killer due to my face.  Honestly, my passport photo made me look like I ran a cartel of some sort. For years I forced myself to wear an insipid smile so people would quit asking me what was wrong or if I was mad.  It was when they began treating me like an insipid twit that I stopped doing that and took charge of the situation! 🤨

I don't get that much any more...wonder if it has anything to do with me wielding my cane like a weapon?  🤔

It's great to meet one who is traveling down the same strange path.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Agreed.  That response made me LOL because I can relate so well. 

What about the RBF (resting b**ch face)? Goodness, I remember when i was young people always thought I was either mad or a serial killer due to my face.  Honestly, my passport photo made me look like I ran a cartel of some sort. For years I forced myself to wear an insipid smile so people would quit asking me what was wrong or if I was mad.  It was when they began treating me like an insipid twit that I stopped doing that and took charge of the situation! 🤨

I don't get that much any more...wonder if it has anything to do with me wielding my cane like a weapon?  🤔

It's great to meet one who is traveling down the same strange path.

Same here.  People always ask what are you mad about?  I'm not mad, do i look mad?  I'm just concentrating on the task at hand.  

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Same here.  People always ask what are you mad about?  I'm not mad, do i look mad?  I'm just concentrating on the task at hand.  

I am not alone!!  People would demand that I smile.  Made me nuts.  I tried the smiling all the time thing for a while but it was just too silly and wearing. 

I am what I am unless I decide to get a face lift.  Which will never happen.

• Love 7
On 6/20/2020 at 9:20 PM, Kohola3 said:

I have always thought that Christine was a sandwich short of a full picnic basket.  She's afraid of toasters, supposedly had no idea how horrible some polygamist sects treat women, and listened to some snake oil salesman promise that PVC pipes and exercise would cure an incurable condition.  She makes no effort to educate herself as far as we can tell.  I think she's a good mother in many ways but she's just too gullible and simple minded most of the time 

How much time and money did that spend on that quack? Snake oil comes with a big price tag, and I think they had to travel to get to the appointments. They were hoping that uncomfortable brace thing and all those hours of exercise would "fix" the problem. Apparently, it did not. They could have saved some money by taking a more conventional approach, but that would be too normal for them. 

This family is so strange. They can't afford necessities like cars with unbroken windows, yet they buy and furnish mcmansions. They always seem just one step ahead of the law, but about money, not polygamy as Kody whines. Hair Doofus must think he's the smartest businessman who ever lived. I'm sure some of this is editing, but the producers probably have plenty to work with in these oddballs. 

• Love 11
(edited)
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

This family is so strange. They can't afford necessities like cars with unbroken windows, yet they buy and furnish mcmansions. 

What got me is that when they moved into the cult-de-sac they went shopping for new master bedroom furniture and big sectionals for the livingrooms.  Whenever I've moved I made do with what I had until all the costs of moving & setting up new utilities etc. were paid off and I had a clearer picture of what my monthly costs and needs were.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Snake oil comes with a big price tag, and I think they had to travel to get to the appointments.

The quack was in Grand Blanc, MI which is over 2000 miles from LV.  According to the ScoliSmart site, it costs $1500 just for the PVC pipes they wire together.  Nothing about total cost, they probably don't want to publish that.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

How much time and money did that spend on that quack? Snake oil comes with a big price tag, and I think they had to travel to get to the appointments. They were hoping that uncomfortable brace thing and all those hours of exercise would "fix" the problem. Apparently, it did not. They could have saved some money by taking a more conventional approach, but that would be too normal for them. 

This family is so strange. They can't afford necessities like cars with unbroken windows, yet they buy and furnish mcmansions. They always seem just one step ahead of the law, but about money, not polygamy as Kody whines. Hair Doofus must think he's the smartest businessman who ever lived. I'm sure some of this is editing, but the producers probably have plenty to work with in these oddballs. 

In my opinion far worse than the whole dropping money on a quack and Kody (on camera) stating HE was DONE with the conventional doctor...was how Kody treated Ysabel.  How he shamed her and since she is so in need of his approval it obviously sunk in deep that if her spine doesn't "go back to normal" with the exercises it was just all on her, and all her fault.  What a horrid saddle of blame, guilt and shame for that poor child to carry with her.

And forever is Christine wailing on camera about how surgery means that Ysabels body will be ruined for her wedding day dress and Kody saying that surgery isn't ever necessary...well, maybe for cancer....

Douche Canoe Ass Hat...

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

In my opinion far worse than the whole dropping money on a quack and Kody (on camera) stating HE was DONE with the conventional doctor...was how Kody treated Ysabel.  How he shamed her and since she is so in need of his approval it obviously sunk in deep that if her spine doesn't "go back to normal" with the exercises it was just all on her, and all her fault.  What a horrid saddle of blame, guilt and shame for that poor child to carry with her.

And forever is Christine wailing on camera about how surgery means that Ysabels body will be ruined for her wedding day dress and Kody saying that surgery isn't ever necessary...well, maybe for cancer....

Douche Canoe Ass Hat...

As I mentioned the first time this topic came around, British Princess Eugenie intentionally chose a wedding dress for her very public wedding that let her scar from the surgery show. It's a symbol of success not a flaw. 

Kody lives in a patriarchal fantasyland, and so do his brainwashed wives. He's a jerk, and he can't always hide it on camera. 

• Love 18
19 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

As I mentioned the first time this topic came around, British Princess Eugenie intentionally chose a wedding dress for her very public wedding that let her scar from the surgery show. It's a symbol of success not a flaw. 

I recall your mentioning that.  I love that she did that.

• Love 7
On 7/4/2020 at 1:35 PM, Roslyn said:

Douche Canoe Ass Hat...

Christine's comment about Ysabel's wedding dress shows how far removed the family is from the AUB, even though she's plyg royalty.  Nobody would know if Meri, Janelle, Christine or Robyn had scars, tattoos, cankles or a first husband under their wedding gowns, because Modest Was Hottest.

The Browns, under Kody's ministry, worship the almighty TLC dollar.  If Ysabel marries the first guy who pays attention to her, the Browns can hope for another season of wedding planning and ceremony, including the obligatory bridal gown shopping with the "four moms."  

• Love 14
(edited)
On 7/4/2020 at 12:31 PM, deirdra said:

What got me is that when they moved into the cult-de-sac they went shopping for new master bedroom furniture and big sectionals for the livingrooms.  Whenever I've moved I made do with what I had until all the costs of moving & setting up new utilities etc. were paid off and I had a clearer picture of what my monthly costs and needs were.

I just watched the season 3 episode where they'd moved into their temporary pre-cuddle sac homes and yes, they certainly did go furniture shopping!  I watched with my mouth open in amazement.  They proudly stroll on into a MASSIVE furniture store and naturally, the first thing Kody has to do is tell the clerk (who was extremely nice and helpful and had to have made a massive commision from these yahoos) that he had "FOUR!  WIVES!  Ha!  Can you believe that?  They're all mine!  Here, feel my muscles!"  Now I'm not hip to the cost of brand-new furnitue, having purchased the majority of our stuff from family members or garage sales (my bedroom set was from a garage sale...we bought it on our way home from our honeymoon and I remember thinking, it'll do for now - 29 years later we still have it and I still love it, but I digress)...what was I saying?  OH - they had to have carted at least 15-20 grand of furniture out of that store, unless it was a resale place (but it didn't appear to be).  Meri got a couch that she hated but Kody talked her into, Janelle got a crap-ton of dark brown and beige overstuffed living room furniture, Christine got a bed (which she then covered with a red quilt and tossed on some red pillows in a room with the walls painted red - it looked like a bordello crime scene but whatever), and Robyn got an entire bedroom set because she was the new toy and Kody knew he'd be spending the majority of his time in that particular room.  Kody had to have been spending TLC's latest paycheck, because who up and moves a family of 35 people and then goes out and buys everyone brand new furnishings??

18 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

The Browns, under Kody's ministry, worship the almighty TLC dollar.  If Ysabel marries the first guy who pays attention to her, the Browns can hope for another season of wedding planning and ceremony, including the obligatory bridal gown shopping with the "four moms."  

For some reason, I have higher hopes for Ysabel, Gwen and Truely maybe not marrying so fast, perhaps going to college, or finding a good career.  But then I also had these hopes for Aspyn and Mykelti, and we see how that turned out.

Off topic - I can't believe how many INFJ's are in here!  It's supposedly the rarest personality type - in fact, I take the test for fun every couple of years to see if I'm still really an INFJ.  The downside for me is that I tend to take on the stresses of others even when I myself am not stressed - so, this world we've been living in since March has played a very strong part in the fact that I can no longer watch the news and have unfollowed nearly 50% of my family on Facebook.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

For some reason, I have higher hopes for Ysabel, Gwen and Truely maybe not marrying so fast, perhaps going to college, or finding a good career.  But then I also had these hopes for Aspyn and Mykelti, and we see how that turned out.

Aspyn did at least complete college and so far hasn't had any babies and Mykelti did attempt college and found it wasn't for her at that time and hasn't had any babies yet.  At least the last three have the example of going to college in front of them.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I just watched the season 3 episode where they'd moved into their temporary pre-cuddle sac homes and yes, they certainly did go furniture shopping!  I watched with my mouth open in amazement.  They proudly stroll on into a MASSIVE furniture store and naturally, the first thing Kody has to do is tell the clerk (who was extremely nice and helpful and had to have made a massive commision from these yahoos) that he had "FOUR!  WIVES!  Ha!  Can you believe that?  They're all mine!  Here, feel my muscles!"  Now I'm not hip to the cost of brand-new furnitue, having purchased the majority of our stuff from family members or garage sales (my bedroom set was from a garage sale...we bought it on our way home from our honeymoon and I remember thinking, it'll do for now - 29 years later we still have it and I still love it, but I digress)...what was I saying?  OH - they had to have carted at least 15-20 grand of furniture out of that store, unless it was a resale place (but it didn't appear to be).  Meri got a couch that she hated but Kody talked her into, Janelle got a crap-ton of dark brown and beige overstuffed living room furniture, Christine got a bed (which she then covered with a red quilt and tossed on some red pillows in a room with the walls painted red - it looked like a bordello crime scene but whatever), and Robyn got an entire bedroom set because she was the new toy and Kody knew he'd be spending the majority of his time in that particular room.  Kody had to have been spending TLC's latest paycheck, because who up and moves a family of 35 people and then goes out and buys everyone brand new furnishings??

Off topic - I can't believe how many INFJ's are in here!  It's supposedly the rarest personality type - in fact, I take the test for fun every couple of years to see if I'm still really an INFJ.  The downside for me is that I tend to take on the stresses of others even when I myself am not stressed - so, this world we've been living in since March has played a very strong part in the fact that I can no longer watch the news and have unfollowed nearly 50% of my family on Facebook.

They bought at a consignment store.  So it's not brand new.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Aspyn did at least complete college and so far hasn't had any babies and Mykelti did attempt college and found it wasn't for her at that time and hasn't had any babies yet.  At least the last three have the example of going to college in front of them.

I wonder if Mykelti and Tony will start a family in a year or two, since they bought a bigger house.  Or, maybe the extra bedrooms are for her LulaNo and nail-art MLM inventories.  

I haven't speculated if Aspyn will have a child or sisterwife first.

• Love 5

Mykelti has actually surprised me - she seems to have a decent work ethic, even if it is directed to the MLM schemes. She mentioned in one of her live streams that Tony works long hours and then goes to the gym several nights a week, leaving her with a lot of time on her hands, so she works 12 hours a day sometimes. Although he comes across as a controlling doofus on TV, his influence seems to have had a good effect on her. 

Aspyn finished college and I believe she got a degree related to early childhood education or school counseling. I believe she is (or was pre-pandemic) working for a jewelry store chain called Kendra Scott (take that, Robyn! lol). I respect her for her disappearance from social media. I certainly hope she doesn't end up with sister wives. 

I've always had high hopes for Gwendlyn. Lately she is posting a lot of anti-racist stuff on her IG stories (that disappear after 24 hrs), though her tone is not as stringent as Mariah's. I suspect she is doing it that way rather than making posts that stay put, to avoid conflict with TLC or her conservative family members. It's interesting that Kody's recent IG post was about Reagan. Hopefully that means he is disillusioned with the current administration. (Mods - sorry if this is too political, please feel free to delete if it is). In any case, I believe Gwen and Gabe are smart kids, likely the sharpest of the younger bunch intellectually. I like that both speak their minds. I could see them both accomplishing something with their lives, a la Logan and Hunter, who are also smart. 

Ysabel seems unformed to me, kind of airy-fairy (not an airhead, but kind of in her own world maybe). Something about the way she speaks when being interviewed. Might just be shyness in front of cameras. The fact that she and Gwen seem so close bodes well for her, though.

Truely, Truely, Truely - I liked her outspokenness when it came to not wanting to be manipulated by Kody on camera during the bike "lesson." I think it is too early to tell with her but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts (where does that expression come from?) that she does not pursue a polygamous lifestyle. She's definitely a wild card. I think her early bout with kidney failure may have had effects on her biology and intellectual development in general. I hope not, but that was a lot of toxins for a tiny young body to process.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

'Dollars to doughnuts' is a pseudo betting term, pseudo in that it didn't originate with actual betting involving doughnuts, but just as a pleasant-sounding alliterative phrase which indicated short odds - dollars are valuable but doughnuts aren't. The phrase parallels the earlier English betting expression 'a pound to a penny'.

• Useful 11
(edited)

Christine's daughters have always struck me as having optimistic, positive personalities/attitudes. 

Mariah OTOH is angry, bitter, pessimistic, mad at the world, and bitchy. 

I wonder if she gets along with Christine's kids? 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I wonder if she gets along with Christine's kids? 

We never saw much interaction and what we did see was not too promising.  Remember the Mother's Day breakfast episode?

• Love 6
On 6/30/2020 at 7:25 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

As an INTJ I miss none of this, Christine! 😛

Actually, I've quite enjoyed my alone time, since I haven't had to "splain" myself or been called antisocial in months.  🙄

Right? I always hate it when strangers try to start up a conversation. It's awkward for me with my autism and I never know what to say or why they're speaking to me in the first place. Unless my shoe is untied and I'm going to fall on my face, a simple "hello" in passing will suffice. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I wish! 

May I live out on the outskirts of town, or the caretaker's cottage on the house grounds, please? As an INTJ too much human interaction makes me break out in a rash.  😎

But, I promise to keep us supplied with wonderful noshes and favorite liquid libations from my frequent runs to the stores...and I have just the vehicle for those ginormous orders!  🚛   😉

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Right? I always hate it when strangers try to start up a conversation. It's awkward for me with my autism and I never know what to say or why they're speaking to me in the first place. Unless my shoe is untied and I'm going to fall on my face, a simple "hello" in passing will suffice. 

I feel you, Turtlepower.  Next time just come sit by me and we'll judge them together, silently, while we read, surf the net, pic our nits, or just listen to the cacaphony of our numerous internal worlds running amok.  You have a partner in crime with me, hun.  🙃

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I feel you, Turtlepower.  Next time just come sit by me and we'll judge them together, silently, while we read, surf the net, pic our nits, or just listen to the cacaphony of our numerous internal worlds running amok.  You have a partner in crime with me, hun.  🙃

Can I be your (silent) partner too?

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

Just chiming in to say that I have always tested as INFJ and I’m kinda shocked that there are so many of us here. With our type being the rarest, I always feel so different everywhere I go. But no wonder I like it here so much. I have found my people. Hello weirdos! 💁🏾‍♀️😘

I'll go you one better.  INTJ is even rarer for women.  That's interesting because I always knew I was different somehow.  One of my daughters married an INTJ guy and and it was funny to just instinctually understand him. 

I could sit back and watch Christine like an interesting play, but her daughters would probably drive me batty in person.  They are far too wild for their ages especially the older two.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

That's interesting because I always knew I was different somehow. 

Social interaction sometimes when I'm supposed to be myself, ugh. Other people seem to float through it effortlessly, it appears to come naturally instead of "Do A, now do B, are they expecting C, maybe try D." Roles comes easily and don't cause anxiety, there's even exhilaration, "Heh, I GOT this." I can be any role, just not me. Occasionally a shining star, pulling it off. Conversations dwindle because I'm not hitting the ball back correctly. Talk enough, don't talk too much. People relieved when they get their chance to walk away. Usually not sure which type of encounter it will be, think positively, don't be a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Be a popular room mother, check. Be an efficient executive assistant, check. Be a kick-ass hospice CNA, check. Manage a record-setting inbound call center, check. Organize a medical records dept and specialize in physicians who are deficient in reporting, check. Be myself, oops, I did it again.

It was a real eye-opener when someone from the past sent an old photo of a Rainbow Girls outing. 10th grade, 11th grade. About 20 of us at the beach, only one person looked awkward and unsure, in the middle, not isolated, among friends, but with body language and posture that said "I am lost. I don't know what I'm doing." Always had lots of friends,  the popular kids, cheerleaders, class officers, debate team, drama team, things I would never attempt. I tagged along and was accepted but knew my place. Selling myself short or facing reality? The jury is still out on that one. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I couldn't help myself, I did an online meyer briggs and am a ISTJ...

Not sure what that exactly means for me, I do love my hermit's life! 😀

I just did it again too and got as expected INFJ.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

LOL, same - I just did it again yesterday to see if I'm still as anti-social as ever.  One of my favorite questions was something like, "after a long and exhausting day, going to a big party with a large group of people is just what you need to re-energize you."

I was like - wait what?  Are there really people who would enjoy that??  Who are they?  And why?  How??  After an long and exhausting day, what I need is basically the adult version of a blanket fort with a big "KEEP OUT" sign posted at the door.

I want to make both of my kids take the test to see if they take more after me (leave me alone please) or my husband (makes friends with the stranger in front of him in line at Dunkin Donuts).

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, suomi said:

INFJ-T here. So interesting never heard of this test before! Thanks for linking!

On 7/7/2020 at 9:15 AM, Teafortwo said:

Mykelti has actually surprised me - she seems to have a decent work ethic, even if it is directed to the MLM schemes. She mentioned in one of her live streams that Tony works long hours and then goes to the gym several nights a week, leaving her with a lot of time on her hands

Phffttt. 😂 I’ll bet (dollars to doughnuts) he actually just sits outside it and eats a Taco, before heading home. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

LOL, same - I just did it again yesterday to see if I'm still as anti-social as ever.  One of my favorite questions was something like, "after a long and exhausting day, going to a big party with a large group of people is just what you need to re-energize you."

I was like - wait what?  Are there really people who would enjoy that??  Who are they?  And why?  How??  After an long and exhausting day, what I need is basically the adult version of a blanket fort with a big "KEEP OUT" sign posted at the door.

I want to make both of my kids take the test to see if they take more after me (leave me alone please) or my husband (makes friends with the stranger in front of him in line at Dunkin Donuts).

I hear ya sista.  BTW, I'm sure it's a coincidence that my sister from somewhere else and I have the same first name.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, suomi said:

On several other tests I'm an INFJ-T, but on this one, I'm an ISFJ-T.  Or I am getting more set in my ways now that I am retired.   The main difference is that INFJ-Ts base decisions on "intuition" whereas ISFJ-Ts base them on observations.  It must also depend on where test-makers think "intuition" comes from and that affects how they frame the questions.

• Useful 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, deirdra said:

On several other tests I'm an INFJ-T, but on this one, I'm an ISFJ-T.  Or I am getting more set in my ways now that I am retired.   The main difference is that INFJ-Ts base decisions on "intuition" whereas ISFJ-Ts base them on observations.  It must also depend on where test-makers think "intuition" comes from and that affects how they frame the questions.

On that one I am an INFP-T.  So, close. Mediator.  100% introverted which is so true. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, deirdra said:

On this one I am ISFJ-T also where on others INFJ. Makes sense that how the questions are framed can make a difference in the result.

• Love 2
On 7/8/2020 at 9:02 PM, Gramto6 said:

Another INFJ here - I have known I'm one for over 30 years having first discovered the MBTI in grad. school for psychology.  I got so into it that when the internet was young I subscribed to a chat board/mailing list for INFJs.  In the late 90s all through the 00s there were a lot of MBTI-based chat groups.  My favorite INFJ group was very active and we used to have in-person gatherings around the country.  I used to host gatherings in the Northeast, but I also attended others in the Midwest and far West.  I even ran a chat group for INFJs on Yahoogroups for several years.  Unfortunately with the rise of social media those mailing lists faded away, but they were an incredibly educational and socially enriching pastime.  I met a few close real-life friends that way.

I've known for years that "IN" types (introverted intuitive) are very over-represented on chat boards.  Water seeks its own level so it doesn't surprise me in the least that many of us here are INFJs, INTJs, INFPs and INTPs.  I remember reading humorous posts to the effect that INFJs comprise less than 1% of the population but are probably around 80% of the population on chat boards.  No one knows what the real percentage is and I'm sure INFPs are very over-represented too because they seem to predominate on some boards as well.

Great Minds Think Alike, what can I say?  😉

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

On this one I am ISFJ-T also where on others INFJ. Makes sense that how the questions are framed can make a difference in the result.

Also these free online tests aren't as long and accurate as the full, real MBTI so results will vary.  But just from my own 25 years of experience, the vast majority of people on chat boards are "N" types (intuitives) so there's that.  Also some type experts believe that we get more well developed in our "opposite" preferences as we get older, which can complicate things.  I know I answer some questions more to the "Sensing" and "Thinking" side now than I used to, which is a real shift for me. 

I just took the 16 personalities test and came out an INFJ-T.  I have no idea where they got the "T" from as that's not on the original MBTI.  I think it's just something peculiar to that site.

I like the humanmetrics test because it feels more like it's based on the original MBTI since it actually mentions Carl Jung, who originated the type theory on which the Myers-Briggs test is based.  Plus a guy involved in the site, Joe Butt, used to frequent one of my INFJ chat boards so I'm kind of partial to it because he's a real MBTI type expert.  He also ran this site:  http://typelogic.com/index.html.  No test there, though.  I wonder whatever happened to him.

Anyway, I just took the humanmetrics test again after many years and still came out an INFJ although my preferences aren't quite as strong as they used to be and I'm "moderate" on all of the scales.

Here's the link to that test:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I just took the 16 personalities test and came out an INFJ-T.  I have no idea where they got the "T" from as that's not on the original MBTI.  I think it's just something peculiar to that site.

Yeah, there's a bit of debate re the -T (Turbulent) and -A (Aggressive) designations because relatively speaking they are a recent development. They're not about aggression and turbulence per se but speak more to personal confidence levels and whether reactions to emotions and triggers are inner-directed or outer-directed. They are meant to further fine-tune test results for people who don't have professional guidance with their interpretation. One example: does negative feedback or interaction faze you and set you back (T) or do you blow it off (A)? There's more to it but that's the general idea. 

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 5
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Yeah, there's a bit of debate re the -T (Turbulent) and -A (Aggressive) designations because relatively speaking they are a recent development. They're not about aggression and turbulence per se but speak more to personal confidence levels and whether reactions to emotions and triggers are inner-directed or outer-directed. They are meant to further fine-tune test results for people who don't have professional guidance with their interpretation. One example: does negative feedback or interaction faze you and set you back (T) or do you blow it off (A)? There's more to it but that's the general idea. 

In other words, are you just a garden variety neurotic or do you have a character disorder?  LOL 😉 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, suomi said:

One example: does negative feedback or interaction faze you and set you back (T) or do you blow it off (A)? There's more to it but that's the general idea. 

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.  So, I guess I know why I am an INFJ-T. 

I think it's so funny how the 1% turns into 80% on chat boards.  Here I thought I liked to hang out here because I adore snark. 🙂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I think it's so funny how the 1% turns into 80% on chat boards.  Here I thought I liked to hang out here because I adore snark. 🙂

I think it is the Introversion that has us on the boards and our Judging natures that keeps us snarking.  We all seem to share those.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I think it is the Introversion that has us on the boards and our Judging natures that keeps us snarking.  We all seem to share those.

I feel like a damn wallflower over here.  It was about 2 years ago that I first took the test, took it again and results are the same. "Campaigner, Extraverted 74%, Intuitive 59%, Feeling 71% and Prospecting 72%.  The only difference now is the Turbulent 53%, that wasn't there the first time I took the test.

It's just amazing that Introverts compromise only 1% and yet all of you that have reported results are in that category.  The EIFP's like me are 7%...where are y'all?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3