Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

"I paid a lot of money for these jeans that I never would have NEVER worn...."

So who is the adult here? She's shelling out big bucks for something that will probably not last through the first washing. 

Wait, wait - that's the same thing we've heard about LuLaRags.  Never mind.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I agree with Christine on this.  Took my daughter into American Eagle to buy jeans this past weekend and EVERY pair had holes in them.  Not a single pair of jeans were whole.  The only compromise I could make was I only let her buy the kind that have patches of material behind the cut parts so at least skin doesn't show.  It is very frustrating to pay $60 for jeans that are all mangled -- and yes I know the girls consider this the "in" style.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

I agree with Christine on this.  Took my daughter into American Eagle to buy jeans this past weekend and EVERY pair had holes in them.  Not a single pair of jeans were whole.  The only compromise I could make was I only let her buy the kind that have patches of material behind the cut parts so at least skin doesn't show.  It is very frustrating to pay $60 for jeans that are all mangled -- and yes I know the girls consider this the "in" style.

Who'd have ever thought that now you have to go to Goodwill to buy jeans WITHOUT holes?  

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

Exactly - when you have a teenaged daughter and you go jeans shopping, it's not that you're looking for jeans without holes - instead, you have to make sure that the holes are mainly confined to the knees and not the thighs, so you're basically looking for strategic rip placement.  And paying $60.  It's ridiculous.  Not sure what was worse - taking my daughter jeans shopping or bathing suit shopping.  Both made me want to drink.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

My elderly mother wants a new pair of "zip up" jeans.  I cannot find any anywhere for her.  EVERYTHING is ripped.  She doesn't want pull- up jeans, she wants zip-ups.  Sorry Mom.

Go to Walmart.  They still carry Lee jeans with zippers and no ripping.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

My elderly mother wants a new pair of "zip up" jeans.  I cannot find any anywhere for her.  EVERYTHING is ripped.  She doesn't want pull- up jeans, she wants zip-ups.  Sorry Mom.

LL Bean, Eddie Bauer - a lot of stores.  (Bean actually has styles that are appropriate for older women also.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Western wear shops—if you have any near you—often have good options. Many brands go by waist/inseam so there’s no guesswork as to sizes. They have everything from boot cut to straight leg to skinny styles. 

• Love 6
On 10/29/2019 at 9:57 AM, smarty2020 said:

You have to avoid mall-ish stores that cater to teenagers, like AE, Forever 21, H&M, and junior departments in department stores.  Regular Misses departments in Macy's, Kohl's, Penny's, etc. have tons of Levi's, Lee jeans, etc. and all are zip up except for very few.  And sizes run the gamut from extra extra tiny to huge.  And most don't have holes.  Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure Old Navy has zip up jeans without holes too.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 9

The 16 year old granddaughter came for a visit again this year, (with her brothers) and our annual event is a mall visit, compliments of Grandma.  She didn't get torn jeans this time although she has a lot of them and I would have bought them since I know her peer group wears them but I told her I would show her how to do it to a pair of regular jeans.  She didn't take me up on that.  I don't understand the fascination with the rips, but, then again, I am the old Grandma.

• Love 6
On 10/29/2019 at 11:58 AM, CalicoKitty said:

I have really good luck at Ross.  I have about 20 pairs of jeans and none have holes in them.  They are out there!  

• Love 4

Hopefully by the time Truely is off to college some of Christine's kids are making grandbabies.  She is going to be lost once her little family girl group is gone from the family.  Truely has been her "emotional support child" from the very moment she was born. Meri's "empty nest" is nothing compared to what Christine will go through.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Hopefully by the time Truely is off to college some of Christine's kids are making grandbabies.  She is going to be lost once her little family girl group is gone from the family.  Truely has been her "emotional support child" from the very moment she was born. Meri's "empty nest" is nothing compared to what Christine will go through.

I just remember the first or second episode where Logan is busy making his sibs breakfast, Christine is cooking breakfast for her kids (and burning toast in the oven)...and Meri hands Mariah a granola bar and says "that's breakfast!" 

So she's not used to doing things for a brood. She's ALWAYS had tons of ME time. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

How many "necks" does Christine have?  At least Ysabel seems to be using a light touch with the makeup, and her own is usually subtle.

I saw that and at first just chocked it up to typical Brown typos... yeah probably... I have had spinal fusion in my neck (an amazinly positive surgery) but I do have herniated discs in my low back which is an entirely different thing...

• Love 1

Sorry, but Truely needs a different style of eyeglasses. The ones she wears look like something a librarian would wear in the 50s. And while where’re at it, can we stop dressing her in those hideous clothes?

Edited by Phoebe70
Typo
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

Sorry, but Truely needs a different style of eyeglasses. The ones she wears look like something a librarian would wear in the 50s. And while where’re at it, can we stop dressing her in those hideous clothes?

Glasses are more common now than when I was a kid but, still. My mom made me wear ugly glasses and I was bullied relentlessly. Maybe (hoping) it’s better now for kids but ugly glasses can have unwanted side effects. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Glasses are more common now than when I was a kid but, still. My mom made me wear ugly glasses and I was bullied relentlessly. Maybe (hoping) it’s better now for kids but ugly glasses can have unwanted side effects. 

I had ugly glasses too. My parents just picked the cheapest frames, which I suppose in retrospect made sense since my prescription changed each year or so. What's more, I had bifocals, which made them even uglier. 

And you're right, ugly glasses subject a child to teasing and even bullying. 

One of the best days of my childhood was when I was finally allowed to wear contact lenses - I was 12 at the time.

• Love 1

At least nine fundie LeBarons were massacred on a highway in Mexico by cartel members yesterday. All were women and children. Surely they were Christine's aunts or cousins or some such.

All snarking aside, this is a tragedy. My condolences to her.

The LeBaron Clan in Mexico was founded by Alma LeBaron in 1924. He moved his family there due to problems practicing polygamy in Utah. His son Ervil was the one who ordered the murders of his brother Joel, Rulon Allred, and numerous others. He was eventually extradited to the States and found guilty of murder. Died in prison in 1981. He had ordered more killings while in prison and it is believed that 25 people were killed on his orders.

Christine is related to both Ervil LeBaron and Rulon Allred.

More info in Small Talk thread.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, suomi said:

At least nine fundie LeBarons were massacred on a highway in Mexico by cartel members yesterday. All were women and children. Surely they were Christine's aunts or cousins or some such.

All snarking aside, this is a tragedy. My condolences to her.

Just seeing your post now, after I posted a link to an article about this tragedy on the small talk thread

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Is that her real hair?

Christine's hair has always been her best feature.  Head and shoulders above the rest of the wives in that department.  I have a sneaking suspicion though that she may have extensions in this photo.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Party in a box is Christine’s new thing:

143553AC-26E4-42BB-9EDB-582ED95A51CD.jpeg

Party in a box?.... I don't know why anyone would want such a thing.

I'm assuming they have a catalogue of themes and you choose one you like and they ship you some plates and cups, napkins, hats...etc.

What's the deal.... are people too busy to go out and  buy their own?

Jeeez..... snowflakes everything has to come in a box.

I'm thinking up an idea for a new box... I'm calling it "Party in your Pants" and it will be a box of sex toys and edible undies all pre-selected for your convenience!

For a small investment of 5k you can get in on the ground floor of my new MLM.  😀

• LOL 20
  • Love 2

Joan, you've outdone yourself.  Party in Your Pants, yes!  The next big thingk for the Brown Clowns.  Perfect!

I had my hair done yesterday, and I had to ask what it costs to have hair extensions, just for shits and giggles.  I was told that just the average # of extensions costs $450.  Installation and upkeep extra.  I know I'm a COL, but that amount floored me!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

YIKES!  I can't find this pic on instagram, I wonder if she deleted already.  I am curious to see if her followers are kissing her ass as usual or if they are being honest with her.  This is so bad that it makes me sad.  Lularoe has fried her brain 😢

• LOL 1
  • Love 4