Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Christine Brown: She Wanted a Family, Not Just the Man

Recommended Posts

And $443,315 in 2012 is worth $495,378.84 in 2019  due to inflation.  With improvements like the wall, closing fees and 13-14 months of mortgage, taxes, hoa, insurance and utilities, they've probably lost quite a bit of money to please Robyn.   

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And $443,315 in 2012 is worth $495,378.84 in 2019  due to inflation.  With improvements like the wall, closing fees and 13-14 months of mortgage, taxes, hoa, insurance and utilities, they've probably lost quite a bit of money to please Robyn.   

Be still, my cold, cold heart. 

  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Bet Kody wasn't expecting THAT.

Well, to be fair, he did have Mona - real estate agent extraordinaire - whispering sweet nothings, convincing Kodoof that absolutely, these gorgeous homes owned by celebs such as themselves would surely sell before the For Sale signs had a chance to settle!  I mean!  A wet bar!  A baby-birthin'- bathtub!  Janelle's leftover peanut-butter stained furniture!  A freezer full of cow organs!  Come on, those houses practically sold themselves.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 21

Share this post


Link to post

I was looking at the Zillow graphs of the past value of the cult-de-sac houses, and Vegas real-estate prices peaked at about the time Kody was getting his poster boards printed and started to dive before they moved out.  Rational people would have rethought the move.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I was looking at the Zillow graphs of the past value of the cult-de-sac houses, and Vegas real-estate prices peaked at about the time Kody was getting his poster boards printed and started to dive before they moved out.  Rational people would have rethought the move.

Yes!  Rational people would have designated an actual Realtor to market their homes in the first place instead of trying to save a few bucks by letting Janelle travel from Flagstaff to LV to sit and snooze her way through open houses.

Rational people would have tested the market and waited until at least one house had sold and observed lots of activity on the others and checked out the cost of running services and utilities before plunging headlong into spending over $800,000 on raw land contaminated by bubonic plague.

Rational people would have investigated the feasibility of building one mega house for 4 families before engaging a drafts person to draw up plans.

But.......... 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I still rilly rilly want that stupid "Plyg Palace" to factor heavily into Sister Wives Season 143 or whatever we're on now.  I want to see Kodork explain, using his giant easel and his new box of jumbo Crayolas, how he's designed this palatial mansion complete with turrets, a moat, and secret movable staircases so that when one wife unexpectedly encounters another in the hallway, the wife without the right of easement can be drowned, dropped to the basement using a secret underground tunnel, or confined like Anne Boleyn to the turret of the first wife's choosing.  If I get any part of this wish, the popcorn and cheap boxed merlot is on me!  

  • Laugh 21

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I still rilly rilly want that stupid "Plyg Palace" to factor heavily into Sister Wives Season 143 or whatever we're on now.  I want to see Kodork explain, using his giant easel and his new box of jumbo Crayolas, how he's designed this palatial mansion complete with turrets, a moat, and secret movable staircases so that when one wife unexpectedly encounters another in the hallway, the wife without the right of easement can be drowned, dropped to the basement using a secret underground tunnel, or confined like Anne Boleyn to the turret of the first wife's choosing.  If I get any part of this wish, the popcorn and cheap boxed merlot is on me!  

Will they also air the protests from the neighbors - not anti-polygamy but anti-ginormous pointless ugly house? 

These people do NOT want to live together. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I still rilly rilly want that stupid "Plyg Palace" to factor heavily into Sister Wives Season 143 or whatever we're on now.  I want to see Kodork explain, using his giant easel and his new box of jumbo Crayolas, how he's designed this palatial mansion complete with turrets, a moat, and secret movable staircases so that when one wife unexpectedly encounters another in the hallway, the wife without the right of easement can be drowned, dropped to the basement using a secret underground tunnel, or confined like Anne Boleyn to the turret of the first wife's choosing.  If I get any part of this wish, the popcorn and cheap boxed merlot is on me!  

I'm holding you to that, Laura!  Love your scenario.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I still rilly rilly want that stupid "Plyg Palace" to factor heavily into Sister Wives Season 143 or whatever we're on now.  I want to see Kodork explain, using his giant easel and his new box of jumbo Crayolas, how he's designed this palatial mansion complete with turrets, a moat, and secret movable staircases so that when one wife unexpectedly encounters another in the hallway, the wife without the right of easement can be drowned, dropped to the basement using a secret underground tunnel, or confined like Anne Boleyn to the turret of the first wife's choosing.  If I get any part of this wish, the popcorn and cheap boxed merlot is on me!  

I think TLC should ONLY renew the show if they agree to live in a house of trap doors, hidden walls, confessional rooms with ONE kitchen, ONE bathroom, sliding glass doors and NO WETBAR.

giphy.gif

Edited by Irate Panda · Reason: Forgot no wetbar!
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Rational people would have investigated the feasibility of building one mega house for 4 families before engaging a drafts person to draw up plans.

In addition to the high cost of getting utilities to the lot, one mega house may not even be possible due to zoning laws (rational people would have checked before purchasing).  Coyote Pass is not far from Robyn's & Christine's houses, and on Google maps it is clear that the houses near Robyn & Christine are not random junk, but appear to uniformly adhere to bylaws regarding setbacks (from road, adjacent homes) etc.  

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Those are awful, awful jeans.

I'll meet your "awfuls" and raise you 2 "horribles"

The seams look like they're twisting around her legs and the cut is not flattering, sort of square like a block. 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

'll meet your "awfuls" and raise you 2 "horribles"

The seams look like they're twisting around her legs and the cut is not flattering, sort of square like a block. 

And rolling up the hem is NOT enhancing the look of these jeans.  They cut off her legs and make them look shorter and stumpier.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joan's post about the seams reminded me of a video I saw about poorly mass-produced clothing. The cutters use electric shears and cut through way too many layers of fabric at a time, with the result being that the top-most and bottom-most pieces are nowhere close to being uniform - and frequently aren't even cut with the grain of the fabric. But they sew them anyway. Sounds like LLN to me!

Edited by suomi
  • Like 13
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Those are awful, awful jeans.

Mutton dressed up like lamb.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Those are not jeans.  Jeans are made of denim. Those are denim colored polyester stretch pants.  And totally hideous.  Even with her weight loss they make her look lumpy.

The shirt is actually not too bad although it looks like one of the scrub tops we wore for Halloween.  Ours weren't cheap polyester, however.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Those are not jeans.  Jeans are made of denim. Those are denim colored polyester stretch pants.  And totally hideous.  Even with her weight loss they make her look lumpy.

Otherwise known as "jeggings".  Not a bad look if you know how to wear them.  Of course hers are a size too small.  They look painted on and stretched so much she can barely move.  Not a good look for a middle aged woman.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Christine instructs her followers to "go get their creepy shirt."  She's going to have to be way more specific than that.  

I get claustrophobic just looking at those jeans.

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Wow. Hideous and ill-fitting. The waist height is all wrong for her and cuffing makes her legs look shorter and stockier. 

This photo is not selling her product. It instead says, “Look frumpy and chunky!”

Said no woman ever. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

Wow. Hideous and ill-fitting. The waist height is all wrong for her and cuffing makes her legs look shorter and stockier. 

This photo is not selling her product. It instead says, “Look frumpy and chunky!”

Said no woman ever. 

She doesn't look chunky to me. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

She doesn't look chunky to me. 

To my eyes this outfit added 15 lb to her. I know she’s not chunky which is why clothing choices can mean everything. 

She looked fine in her jeans the other day.  This, not so much. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I do like the shirt. I think the jeans make her look wider in the hips and short legged. But, I still think you should wear oversized shirts with leggings (ala early 1990s), so nobody should be taking fashion advice from me.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I do like the shirt. I think the jeans make her look wider in the hips and short legged. But, I still think you should wear oversized shirts with leggings (ala early 1990s), so nobody should be taking fashion advice from me.

I totally agree. I just loathe seeing people's butts and thighs jiggling their way down the street, and sometimes you can even see the outline of a thong. I'm no prude but blechhhh. Also appalled by some pre-adolescent children's wear with exposed midriff. It's just wrong!

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

To my eyes this outfit added 15 lb to her. I know she’s not chunky which is why clothing choices can mean everything. 

She looked fine in her jeans the other day.  This, not so much. 

My opinion is - if I put on skinny pants (be they jeans, leggings, or whatever) and the shape of my leg resembles a turkey drumstick, they're not the right fit. 
 

I wasn't sure if that was white stitching or the jeans/leggings straining at the seams.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

"You can match Truely and I."  No.  NO.  You don't say "You can match I," you say "You can match ME."  Therefore "You can match Truely AND ME."  Jesus.  WHY is is so fucking hard for people to use object pronouns properly, especially compound object pronouns??  Take it apart and make sure both objects are correct.  I learned this in fifth grade.  [I know it's because people are hammered on for saying "Me and Truely went to the park," but those are SUBJECT pronouns.  PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM.]

::cough::  Sorry for the rant.  I'll get off my soapbox before I give myself a nosebleed.  [Don't even get me started on how people misuse "myself."  That's a rant for another day...]

Edited to "fix" the spelling of "Truely."  Sigh.

Edited by Lovecat
  • Like 19
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

"You can match Truely and I."  No.  NO.  You don't say "You can match I," you say "You can match ME."  Therefore "You can match Truely AND ME."  Jesus.  WHY is is so fucking hard for people to use object pronouns properly, especially compound object pronouns??  Take it apart and make sure both objects are correct.  I learned this in fifth grade.  [I know it's because people are hammered on for saying "Me and Truely went to the park," but those are SUBJECT pronouns.  PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM.]

::cough::  Sorry for the rant.  I'll get off my soapbox before I give myself a nosebleed.  [Don't even get me started on how people misuse "myself."  That's a rant for another day...]

Edited to "fix" the spelling of "Truely."  Sigh.

As a teacher, I thank you a thousand times for your post!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

From the way the cheetah is eyeing Axel, I think that the cheetah wants to take away the pacifer.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

Sorry for the rant.  I'll get off my soapbox before I give myself a nosebleed.

Don't apologize. I live in a rural area where 99% of the natives uses "seen" as the past tense of see.  "I seen that ship in the bay last night".  Ugh.  Every time I hear it it's like a pin in my ear.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

They must be filming now.  Janelle said that she had all of her kids at home this week, so I'm assuming Maddie and Caleb were there from NC and Christine has Aspyn and Mitch there in AZ.  It would be mid week, so it must be something important going down for Mitch, Aspyn and Caleb all to be away from their jobs.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/16/2019 at 3:09 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Christine dresses Truely like an old lady. 

Also, why all the repeating photos with the cheetah? Just pick one.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:15 PM, neh said:

From the way the cheetah is eyeing Axel, I think that the cheetah wants to take away the pacifer.

I'm sorry to be "that person" but the cheetah is a leopard.  🙂  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

I'm sorry to be "that person" but the cheetah is a leopard.  🙂  

My bad - I didn't bother to confirm and so I guessed based on recall! 

Also have to add that although the clothes pretty much suck I prefer Christine's sales technique over Meri's.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Man, they aren't even PRETENDING modesty is good anymore are they?  I'm not normally a prude but those short shorts on (Gwendolyn? Ysabel?) with the strategically placed hole are pretty inappropriate.  One wrong move and she's displaying her underwear for all and sundry.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/13/2019 at 7:40 AM, Kohola3 said:

Those are not jeans.  Jeans are made of denim. Those are denim colored polyester stretch pants.  And totally hideous.  Even with her weight loss they make her look lumpy.

The shirt is actually not too bad although it looks like one of the scrub tops we wore for Halloween.  Ours weren't cheap polyester, however.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:28 PM, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Stretch pants or that jean/legging combo  (jeggings?) which are stretch pants by another name.  

I agree about the shirt.  This would look a lot better if she were wearing black normal jeans.  Is this supposed to be a Halloween shirt?  If so,  I don't get it.  or is there another picture that you meant @Kohola3?

Also her footwear choice is not the best since I see her black footies peaking out.

But she looks 1000x better than Meri.   Her make up looks good as does her hair even as it blows in the wind.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure Meri thinks she's superior to Christine by virtue of her Traveling Pants shows she puts on.  Meri has nothing to keep her at "home" as far as kids, and I doubt she's even been in Kootie's "rotation" since her plan to escape turned into fried catfish.  Christine worships Kootie and strokes his enormous ego.  I doubt he even pretends to divide his time fairly, as he supposedly did in the early seasons of SW.  Their fake modesty standards are gone, and I'd bet they don't bother with "church" anymore, either.  Phonies!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Christine looks fantastic!  Did she "Strive" ha,ha?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, neh said:

Christine looks fantastic!  Did she "Strive" ha,ha?

She must have anti-Strived. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Man, they aren't even PRETENDING modesty is good anymore are they?  I'm not normally a prude but those short shorts on (Gwendolyn? Ysabel?) with the strategically placed hole are pretty inappropriate.  One wrong move and she's displaying her underwear for all and sundry.

I retract my earlier comment that Christine is looking 1000x better than Meri after seeing the last picture--the one where she has no idea what to do with her hands.  For one thing part of her face is in shadow making it look as though she has a black eye.  And I hate that blouse.  It makes her look top heavy, but maybe it is the position she is in that makes her look like she has stuck her chest out.

I agree that modesty has gone out the window with this crew.  And I think Aspen is wearing similar jeggings to those Christine has.   I wish the useless hostess on the tell-nothing would address their modest clothing or lack thereof. 

15 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

I'm sorry to be "that person" but the cheetah is a leopard.  🙂  

That big cat is looking at Axel like dinner on the hoof.   One of the big cats at the zoo did that when our daughter was a toddler.  She was walking back and forth, and the cat was pacing with her.   We were at Big Bend with our daughter when she was about 3 and the rangers told us to make sure that she was always between us because of the mountain lions.  I don't think they have that many, but it was the season for the birth of cubs and mama lion might be looking for a little extra food.  We never saw one.

Edited by Twopper
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

  We had a discussion that the reason Meri has such atrocious taste in her hair, make up, and clothing is that she was in the cocoon of the poly culture during the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's.  And I think that is true for Christine as well.  Janelle and Robin don't have the best choice in clothes either, but at least they aren't out trying to get people to buy what they are wearing.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

At least Christine has a genuine, friendly, happy, easy smile. 

Meri and Janelle always seem to be trying too hard to look happy. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This is a video in Christine’s stories. It won’t show up after a while, if the link works. I feel like the dog isn’t treated very well. Or maybe it’s just me? 
 

www.instagram.com/stories/christine_brownsw/?hl=en

Ahh. Don't you just love people who think yelling at their dog will quiet them?

/s

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I guess it's slightly (very slightly) better than making the dog watch as you dig its grave.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size