Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

On 2/17/2017 at 10:21 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

Maybe the word "Polygamist" tricked my brain into seeing things, but does anyone else think there's a resemblance between this lady and Christine?  (Particularly in the 80's-era picture.)  I seriously thought Anna could be Christine's older sister until I remembered that the latter was an Allred, not a LeBaron.

Looks eerily like her.

• Love 2
On 2/17/2017 at 4:49 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Her father, Ervil LeBaron, is Christine's grandfather Floren LaBaron's brother. So, yes, they are related.

1) who looks at a little baby and says "ERVIL. That's the perfect name for our little blessing. ERVIL."

2) this makes the lady Christine's 2nd cousin? They look like they could be sisters. Who knows with this bunch. She may be 2nd cousin, and sister, and first cousin, and grandma, and - heck, that may be Christine. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
On 2/17/2017 at 10:21 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

Maybe the word "Polygamist" tricked my brain into seeing things, but does anyone else think there's a resemblance between this lady and Christine?  (Particularly in the 80's-era picture.)  I seriously thought Anna could be Christine's older sister until I remembered that the latter was an Allred, not a LeBaron.

If you haven't seen The Principle Tumbler, here's a bit about Christine that does describe her relation to Ervil, and thus Anna LeBaron: http://politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com/post/113638995826/christine-lebaron-allred-at-her-high-school

On 2/17/2017 at 1:21 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

Great find! They look so alike. And Christine is related to the LeBarons, despite Ervil LeBaron being responsible for the death of her grandfather, Rulon Allred. These plyg sects are all somewhat related.

Speaking of the LeBarons, has anyone read Shattered Dreams: My Life as a Polygamist's Wife and Cult Insanity: A Memoir of Polygamy, Prophets, and Blood Atonement? So. Good. 

Edited by NotEatingKale
51 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

@LilWharveyGal Well, I can't really criticize him for his weight. I've got more of a gut than he does. But he does not look very happy in the one picture.

Oh, I totally agree!  (Note to self:  do not attempt to use text to convey sarcasm so early in the morning.)  They look like misery on parade.  Is it because a) they're in Flint, b) they're together, c) all of the above, or d) none of the above?

And I'm no oil painting either, but Kody's appearance amuses me in contrast to their insistence that he's the manliest of flowing-locked macho men who has FOUR WIVES and is constantly being mobbed by women requesting to be lucky number five.  

I thought Christine looked nicely put together...if unhappy.

• Love 4

@LilWharveyGal LOL. It does make me wonder how we all would look if someone took a random picture of us while we were walking by at the mall. This may prompt me to go to the mall and start taking pictures of people.

.... pauses to think for 30 seconds ....

Jesus! The curiosity is really starting to kill me already!

5 hours ago, wings707 said:

Flint MI? Wonder why.  I hope they didn't drink the water!  

So Sobbin gets Hawaii and Christine gets Flint.  Nope, no favoritism there.  Or sadly, Christine could only save enough grocery money to get them to Flint.  I am sure Flint is lovely but it isn't on most people's go to list of vacay locations.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

So Sobbin gets Hawaii and Christine gets Flint.  Nope, no favoritism there.  Or sadly, Christine could only save enough grocery money to get them to Flint.  I am sure Flint is lovely but it isn't on most people's go to list of vacay locations.

I would not use that adjective.  It is not a tourist destination.  There had to be someone there one of them wanted to visit.  I can think of no other reason. 

• Love 2

I am sure Flint is lovely but it isn't on most people's go to list of vacay locations.

Um, well, no.  Not a singly lovely thing in Flint.  Lots of abandoned factories.  Bad water.  High crime.  I cannot fathom why the hell they would be there at all.  I don't think even the women in Flint are desperate enough to want to be #5.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Um, well, no.  Not a singly lovely thing in Flint.  Lots of abandoned factories.  Bad water.  High crime.  I cannot fathom why the hell they would be there at all.  I don't think even the women in Flint are desperate enough to want to be #5.

Sounds a lot like Gary, Indiana! I made the mistake of having to stop there once for gasoline because I didn't want to have to stop in Chicago and thought I'd make it much farther through Indiana. Heh. Coming in off the Interstate, the only thing missing was the Hunter-Killers from The Terminator! Of course, that was the West end of town. Once you get to the East end, it's cute little homes with tidy yards, pretty churches, and functioning businesses. And it makes you wonder how such a contrast between a post-apocalyptic world can co-exist in such close proximity to the text-book image of Americana.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Sounds a lot like Gary, Indiana! I made the mistake of having to stop there once for gasoline because I didn't want to have to stop in Chicago and thought I'd make it much farther through Indiana. Heh. Coming in off the Interstate, the only thing missing was the Hunter-Killers from The Terminator! Of course, that was the West end of town. Once you get to the East end, it's cute little homes with tidy yards, pretty churches, and functioning businesses. And it makes you wonder how such a contrast between a post-apocalyptic world can co-exist in such close proximity to the text-book image of Americana.

It's really interesting how these towns that based their entire economy on manufacturing have evolved.  If you close your eyes, and go back 50 years ago, there's a Mayberry vibe.  But with the loss of relatively well paying jobs that require no higher education, it has a tendency to turn into Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.  Most of the Rust Belt (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan) are in this situation.  But I doubt even they are desperate enough to turn to polygamy or the Brown family as a solution. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, wings707 said:

I would not use that adjective.  It is not a tourist destination.  There had to be someone there one of them wanted to visit.  I can think of no other reason. 

I was trying to be kind since I have never been there.

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, according to the article, they were either at the "Flint Farmer's Market" or "Flint's Framers Market."  The proofreader must've called in sick that day.  Sheesh.

But I'm from Michigan, and while I look forward to the day that Flint (and Detroit) rise from the ashes, there are so many small, wonderful and adorable towns in Michigan they could've visited instead.  The fact that they landed in Flint must mean that Christine had to use her grocery money for vacation again.

EDIT: ZOMG they were in FRANKENMUTH too.  That's more like it!!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/15/2017 at 7:05 AM, ginger90 said:

Christine paints too! Wonder who her bestie is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rosecolored6/status/869745969126035456?p=v

That's actually kind of a cool picture.  I wonder if she's doing this as an "oh snap!" to Meri's paintings - those deep, meaningful, symbolic labors of love and forgiveness that she passed out to the wives and Kody after she was caught playing naughty on the computer.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I like her dolls. She could sell them on Etsy.

I think this is the one time I am not being snarky when I ask:

Have Christine ever worked in her life? From what I understand she always been the "mother" wife/sister wife (stay at home mom that took care of all the kids while everyone else went to work) and she been on food stamps. However, I never read anything about Christine having a job or even pushing an MLM. I just don't see Christine becoming an Etsy seller unless she really have to (I think she'll be back on welfare before she'll does any type of work).

• Love 4
On 7/21/2017 at 5:21 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

Color me shocked.  If she chose to sell them, those look like something people would actually want to buy!

Those ARE cute!  This just might be something Christine should pursue.  But if you do Christine, do not let any of the others in on your venture.  I want you to have Fuck You money.  

• Love 3
On 7/22/2017 at 11:55 PM, Rainflower said:

I think this is the one time I am not being snarky when I ask:

Have Christine ever worked in her life? From what I understand she always been the "mother" wife/sister wife (stay at home mom that took care of all the kids while everyone else went to work) and she been on food stamps. However, I never read anything about Christine having a job or even pushing an MLM. I just don't see Christine becoming an Etsy seller unless she really have to (I think she'll be back on welfare before she'll does any type of work).

She may have worked before marriage, but I'm not sure. She definitely didn't work after the kids were born though.  

I remember her touting "A man is not a financial plan" (re the Mykelti and Tony situation) during a sit-down talking head a season or so ago. Not sure where she gets off giving that advice to her kids. Her goal was to marry within polygamy and never bothered going to college, so a man was definitely her financial plan.

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, AdorkableWitch said:

Yeah, I think Christine is trying to teach not to make her mistake.  

Don't get me wrong, "A man is not a financial plan" is definitely good advice. But I have never seen her portray her chosen life as a "mistake" - on the contrary, she praises it. She's loved being the domestic housewife, home with all the kids. 

Edited by NotEatingKale
  • Love 4
On 7/26/2017 at 7:21 PM, AdorkableWitch said:

Yeah, I think Christine is trying to teach not to make her mistake.  

Nope. Christine does not think her life is a mistake. She probably teaches it because she knows a monogamous woman cannot live off a man as successfully as a polygamous woman with 2-3 working sister wives and a working husband. 

Now if Mykelti was going to be one of several sister wives, maybe Christine would have suggested that Mykelti become the stay at home mom/non-working sister wife. That way Mykelti could live off of Tony and her sister wives' income along with the occasional run to the govenrment office for food stamps.

• Love 4
On 7/25/2017 at 3:25 AM, NotEatingKale said:

She may have worked before marriage, but I'm not sure. She definitely didn't work after the kids were born though.  

I remember her touting "A man is not a financial plan" (re the Mykelti and Tony situation) during a sit-down talking head a season or so ago. Not sure where she gets off giving that advice to her kids. Her goal was to marry within polygamy and never bothered going to college, so a man was definitely her financial plan.

There is an episode (I want to say it was the one where they talked about Meri wet nursing Maddie, but I could be wrong) where they discuss that Christine, Kody, and Janelle all worked and Meri was the SAHM/homeschooler. 

I just looked and, at the time of her bankruptcy, she was doing some work for the US Census (I'm guessing some kind of temp/seasonal gig). 

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/57590942/Detailed-Assets-Debts-in-the-Bankruptcy-Filing-of-Sister-Wives-Star-Christine-Allred-Brown-3-2010

• Love 1

That's an old video from when they still lived in Utah and she was pregnant with Truely.  Given the fairly common knowledge that she was still on food stamps the first season of the show, that's technically OUR pantry full of food.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

That's an old video from when they still lived in Utah and she was pregnant with Truely.  Given the fairly common knowledge that she was still on food stamps the first season of the show, that's technically OUR pantry full of food.

Yup.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, jabbi said:

There is an episode (I want to say it was the one where they talked about Meri wet nursing Maddie, but I could be wrong) where they discuss that Christine, Kody, and Janelle all worked and Meri was the SAHM/homeschooler. 

I just looked and, at the time of her bankruptcy, she was doing some work for the US Census (I'm guessing some kind of temp/seasonal gig). 

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/57590942/Detailed-Assets-Debts-in-the-Bankruptcy-Filing-of-Sister-Wives-Star-Christine-Allred-Brown-3-2010

Yup, just finished re-reading their memoir and it's true, Christine did work part-time on and off and so did Meri. Christine mentions working for a local museum in Powell, WY. However, as Christine started to have more kids, she became the primary SAHM. Meri worked for a decade engraving trophies, then worked with troubled youth. 

Edited by NotEatingKale
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, NotEatingKale said:

Yup, just finished re-reading their memoir and it's true, Christine did work part-time on and off and so did Meri. Christine mentions working for a local museum in Powell, WY. However, as Christine started to have more kids, she became the primary SAHM. Meri worked for a decade engraving trophies, then worked with troubled youth. 

Thanks for clarifying. I don't think either Meri or Christine held jobs because they wanted to work, more because the family needed money. I haven't read the book but I do remember them going to the trophy shop Meri worked at on an episode. 

• Love 1