Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Christine Brown: She Wanted a Family, Not Just the Man

2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Highly upgraded?  Yeah....builder grade carpet and tile.  A cavernous plain bathroom with a giant wasted amount of space, everything is up against the walls.   Ugh.  I irrationally hate their master bathrooms.  

Me too. Dark, depressing and basic. But mostly the hatred is from the scene where Maddie’s haggard head pops up over the rim of Janelles dirty bathtub, all red glassy-eyed and zombie-like, while in the throes of active labour, screaming ‘ I caaaaan’t!!!’ 

Ugh that horror haunts me forever and ‘I can’t’ with those bathrooms now. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 5

3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Highly upgraded?  Yeah....builder grade carpet and tile.  A cavernous plain bathroom with a giant wasted amount of space, everything is up against the walls.   Ugh.  I irrationally hate their master bathrooms.  

Typical of the Brown's "all blow and no show" realities.  They opted for square footage in the LV homes rather than quality finishes.  The windows, fireplaces and door frames are void of wood trim and the baseboards are minimal height.  The granite countertops are an upgrade but note the backsplashes are no more than 4 inches.

I realize there were probably minimum square footage requirements on the lots in Summerlin, but there were probably other areas that they could have built smaller homes, without all the wasted space in entries and bathrooms.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Me too. Dark, depressing and basic. But mostly the hatred is from the scene where Maddie’s haggard head pops up over the rim of Janelles dirty bathtub, all red glassy-eyed and zombie-like, while in the throes of active labour, screaming ‘ I caaaaan’t!!!’ 

Ugh that horror haunts me forever and ‘I can’t’ with those bathrooms now. 

Right, I thought I switched the channel by mistake to the Exorcist. I thank baby jesus everyday that I am fortunate enough to afford lysol 

• Laugh 10

4 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Right, I thought I switched the channel by mistake to the Exorcist. I thank baby jesus everyday that I am fortunate enough to afford lysol 

So much for relaxed, natural water births.  I am still haunted by Maddie shrieking "get him out, get him out".  She later denied that was what she said and claimed that she was instructing the midwife to get the membrane out, but my trusty hearing aids and closed captioning confirmed that she clearly said get HIM out, not get IT out. 

• Like 6

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for Christine's house to sell. For me...none of it is appealing in any way(I'm a cottage girl).  However, moving past that, if that kind of house was my thing and I will admit that I do like the covered patio porch in the back with the ceiling fans at her house.  All I would need (even past the very beat up kitchen crapcabnets and wiggly sink) is the grand The Kody Brown Family handprint slab to make me stop and walk right out.

WHY on earth did they not excavate that concrete and pull it up.  Break it up as rubble or just put it on a flatbed and move it somewhere to keep. WHO in their right mind would pay more that $500,000 for a house with THAT in the back yard!?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Or they could have topped the handprint slab with tiles or flagstone.

When I see the 2-story foyers, all I can think of is the cost of the heat and AC needed for all that useless space.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 12

In my area, half a million bucks buys a newer house with honest-to-goodness high end finishes, or an older well-built home with character.  The McMansions in LV remind me of the cheap apartments that were built in the 70's, just with added rooms and higher ceilingks.  

I agree, who would want the Brown family handprints in their backyard?  Meri's sycophants are probably broke from buying her LLN crap.  

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Roslyn said:

WHY on earth did they not excavate that concrete and pull it up.  Break it up as rubble or just put it on a flatbed and move it somewhere to keep. WHO in their right mind would pay more that $500,000 for a house with THAT in the back yard!?

Right? The first thing a good real estate agent will tell you when selling, is to remove all highly personal features, such as photos and wall height charts and definitely something of that nature! 

Mona did probably suggest covering it, but let’s face it, the Browns are that arrogant, they probably think it’s a cool selling point (as they elevate their ‘d list’ celebrity status in their own minds to the Kardashian league). 

I also seem to recall them visiting an old house of theirs in Wyoming, to see an old handprint feature they made in season 1 or 2 when the kids were younger. 

What’s the bet they’ll be back in a few seasons, to impose on the poor unsuspecting new owners of Christine’s house to inspect and reminisce on their old handiwork, cameras in tow? (That’s making some big assumptions though, one on this stale show securing more seasons and two, that Christine’s house will ever sell and three, that if it does sell, the new owner doesn’t do what the rest of us would and immediately pour new concrete straight over that baby)

Edited by Sofa Sloth · Reason: Additional thought
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

I am gobsmacked that someone actually bought Janelle's filthy brown and beige house.  I would've put money on that house being the last sold.

So now I get why they took the entire family (minus Robyn) to Disney.  They are swimming in cash.  Never mind that said cash is needed to pay taxes, mortgages and rent, build a new mansion, pay for college, ortho bills, food, etc.  They're going to Disney!!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am gobsmacked that someone actually bought Janelle's filthy brown and beige house.  I would've put money on that house being the last sold.

So now I get why they took the entire family (minus Robyn) to Disney.  They are swimming in cash.  Never mind that said cash is needed to pay taxes, mortgages and rent, build a new mansion, pay for college, ortho bills, food, etc.  They're going to Disney!!

I figure that the Brown finances are similar to the opening scene in the cult classic American Movie - Kody opening all the mail with the past due and legal notices then voila - some issuer sent him a Master Card! Kick Fu*kin' A! I got a WINDFALL, let's go to Disney!!! 

ETA: Robyn doesn't know about the latest credit card because Kody had it sent to Christine's. Wouldn't do for wifey poo to know because she wouldn't approve.

Also, I recall that Christine's Vegas rental was trashed - door jambs broken and so on - when they left for the cul-de-sac. I'm guessing her Vegas house is the same.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

In my area, half a million bucks buys a newer house with honest-to-goodness high end finishes, or an older well-built home with character.  The McMansions in LV remind me of the cheap apartments that were built in the 70's, just with added rooms and higher ceilingks.  

I agree, who would want the Brown family handprints in their backyard?  Meri's sycophants are probably broke from buying her LLN crap.  

I went to Zillow.  There are tons and tons of homes for sale.  Most in their price range have a pool and high end finishes.  Even those in the 400s are higher end and prettier than the Brown homes.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 2

Count me in on those who were shocked Janelle’s went before Christine’s. They just aired the episode recently here, where Christine is the first keen to put house on market (and Mona’s telling her it’ll likely be gone in 30 days). So she was the first to list and all the others have sold around her. Yeeesh, that’s got to sting a little.

I did some investigation. Comparatively, aside from the condition inside (and I presume Janelle’s would have been similar state), I see that Janelle’s had 6 beds 4 bathrooms and sold for $575 and Christine’s only got 5 beds and 3 bathrooms and is listed much same price. Janelle also had a bigger corner section (not just the corridor garden like Christine) and an RV gate leading into it. Janelle also has more sweeping mountain views. That all may have contributed to saleability. 

Could it also be due to position in cult de sac also you think? Christine’s right by the entry gates (like very close see this pic).

AA435956-5944-4466-8A29-DA7ABB177080.thumb.jpeg.0e4a691de1e1ccd476699f6cf562d888.jpeg

Personally, I wouldn’t choose that house based on that, if other similar where available. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Even though I've seen every episode more than once, I have just rewatched the entire series because I need background noise in my head while doing stuff to keep the crazy at bay. And after doing so I must reiterate what I said in the very first post in this thread many moons ago  . . . 

I'd be friends with Christine. I really would. She's hilarious. She clearly has questionable judgment in men and belief systems, IMO, but I think she'd be a scream to play games with. And she seems like the only wife who doesn't ever question this weird situation she's gotten herself into. In fact, she seems to thrive in it, so . . .good for her, I guess?

Anyway, Christine, next time I go to the Grand Canyon I'm gonna look you up, girl!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Rhondinella said:

Anyway, Christine, next time I go to the Grand Canyon I'm gonna look you up, girl!

I'd go with you . . . but I do NOT want to be pressured into buying any of that LulaNo stuff.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

7 minutes ago, Rhondinella said:

Even though I've seen every episode more than once, I have just rewatched the entire series because I need background noise in my head while doing stuff to keep the crazy at bay. And after doing so I must reiterate what I said in the very first post in this thread many moons ago  . . . 

I'd be friends with Christine. I really would. She's hilarious. She clearly has questionable judgment in men and belief systems, IMO, but I think she'd be a scream to play games with. And she seems like the only wife who doesn't ever question this weird situation she's gotten herself into. In fact, she seems to thrive in it, so . . .good for her, I guess?

I have to agree! She's the only one I can really stomach out of that fambly. 

• Like 4