Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

So are you all saying that they should force her to have the surgery?  Because she obviously doesn't want to and she seems old enough to be part of the decision process.  And it seems like they are trying different options in hopes it helps.  They aren't just doing nothing. 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 4

Didn't the doctor say they wouldn't do surgery until the curve was 50% or more and that it hadn't changed from around 42% in the last six months before the visit that was shown?  Or did I miss or misinterpret something?  That made it seem to me that Kody was carrying on for dramatic effect all about his feelings and how he was affected rather than considering his daughter's feelings and opinions.  

If what I thought I saw was correct, then surgery isn't an option yet and I believe that Kody should do all he can to support his daughter rather than go on rants about how he doesn't like her doctor and this is the last visit because he doesn't like the idea of surgery (that may or may not be necessary).  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, gunderda said:

So are you all saying that they should force her to have the surgery?  Because she obviously doesn't want to and she seems old enough to be part of the decision process.  And it seems like they are trying different options in hopes it helps.  They aren't just doing nothing. 

I hear what you are saying, but I wonder how much of her fear and rejection of the surgery is due to the emotions and words she has heard the adults around her express.  They've been very candied about it.  I know with my kids (who had medical issues) I always kept positive about all venues in case we ended up having to go down that road - regardless of how I felt about it personally.  That way you don't have a scared and confused child IF it does end up in surgery/treatments/whatever.  The wives (and even maybe Kody - I don't honestly remember) have all mentioned the worst case scenarios of surgery and the scars, etc. - probably for the cameras, but  Ysabel (sorry I don't know how to spell her name) is clearly intelligent and she hears and feeds off of their emotions.  Been there/done that.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Depending on the circumstances, there are times when I believe a parent has to act in their child's best interest, even if it is against the child's wishes.  That's part of being a parent and an adult. 

• Love 21

Oh my goodness!!   You all are amazing peeps 😊  I came back to edit or delete my post as I felt like maybe I was too harsh (drinking wine while posting) only to find out the post is highlighted with over 25 likes!!   

Thank you all for your well wishes and getting my point.    

@Kyanight nailed it on the head.  Ysabel’s Fear of surgery comes from her fucknut parents. 

@gunderda - it’s true that they said curvature needs to be at 50%, however her numbers are creeping up (in spite of the very professional 🙄 PVC pipe contraption).  She was under 40 degrees last season and is now at 42 degrees.  Not that far off.

I’m not ok with the guilt and pressure they are putting  on her as it is clear they want Ysabel to exercise/stretch/whatever to keep it under 50.   It’s completely out of her control and the guilt trip is unacceptable. 

• Love 23
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

She was under 40 degrees last season and is now at 42 degrees.  Not that far off.

And yet Christine keeps yapping about getting it to 35! Like Ysabel actually has the ability to do that. If PVC and foam could cure scoliosis, there would be a whole hell of a lot of folks out there already cured. Let Ysabel enjoy her life at school and with friends, then get the surgery when she has the time to heal. I know this "religion" is all about women sacrificing their well-being, but Kodouche needs to shut  up about what HE wants and Christine needs to support her daughter. This isn't the time or place to teach plyg life lessons.

/rant

• Love 18
4 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

It’s completely out of her control and the guilt trip is unacceptable. 

Somebody with your experience needs to step up to them and lay it on the line.  Stop listening to the snake oil salesman doctor and listen to the real life version of what can happen. 

Both Christine and Kootie need slaps upside the head. Time to start acting like grown ups and not morons.  If that's possible.

• Love 13

Is the doctor who measured the 42 degrees the same one Ysabel saw last year before she went to snake oil camp?  A year ago the doc was pushing surgery and poo-pooing snake oil camp, but currently says the PVC contraption isn't hurting and wasn't pushing surgery as aggressively (maybe to tame their reaction).  But I do wonder how much harder/longer it will be to recover from surgery at 50 vs 42 degrees? Muscles, ligaments & tendons will be farther out of whack at 50.  I also wonder if he doesn't mind waiting a bit because of where she is in her growth spurt.  Princess Eugenie had the surgery early enough that most of her growth to adult height was post-surgery on a straightened spine, but the Browns didn't notice until Ysabel hit ~35 degrees and had already hit puberty.  Is there any advantage to waiting until she stops growing?

• Love 4
On 2/2/2019 at 4:23 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Self-help crap doesn't seem to be working very well.  Now that they've scared Ysabel about surgery, she's going to be all the more nervous if & when it takes place.

Morons.  They truly are.

It does seem they are grasping at straws. Exercise is great, sure, but to have to exercise several times a day every day for the rest of your life to just stay the course seems excessive. Life will get in the way and there will be times when Ysabel can't do the exercises as necessary, and then what? Now she is a fully-grown adult with a worsening curve and may have to go through surgery later in life when she could get it taken care of now while she is young and may bounce back more quickly, not to mention having more years to live without constant exercises and a curved spine!

I have been cutting Kody and Christine slack on this but it definitely seems that they need to step up and do the best thing for Ysabel, with her future well-being in mind.

• Love 8

I have a question about Ysabel.  If she did not get this corrected in some manner, could it affect future pregnancies?  I can't imagine carrying all that weight (pregnancy) with a serious curvature of the spine.

• Love 2

It seems like Cody is using his underage daughter's private, medical issue for drama for the show. This is a bad idea for so many reasons. I guess they got tired of wedding planning and now that Meri's inn is opening there's less going on.

I had to have four eye surgeries when I was a kid and I'm so glad my father didn't "feel like" I didn't need them because "my life wasn't threatened". I would have been totally disabled without them.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Livvykate said:

Hello! I've been watching this show from the start ( sort of ashamed to admit it nowadays with how ridiculous the Cody Crew has gotten)I  but I joined this forum specifically so that I could speak to the scoliosis surgery discussion. My 14 year old daughter has been wearing a full torso brace forever two years-and because her curve is so high-the brace has not been able to be of much help in even mildly correcting or stopping it. We knew there was a good chance it would only forestall the surgery-but we welcomed it because one you have your spine fused-which is what the surgery does-growth stops-and our daughter was only 4'8 at the time of diagnosis. 

She is now at 45 degrees. In six months we find out if surgery is the way we are going. It's a stressful situation-but we have been dealing with it for years and are prepared to deal with it.

Which brings me to the question of whether it would be better for Ysabel to have the surgery now versus later. The thing is-surgeons won't operate at 42. Its a question of balancing risks of waiting versus risks of surgery. In our daughter's case-and likely Ysabel's too-while her back is clearly twisted -and now shoulder blade juts our quite a bit-the issue below the 45-50 degree mark is almost entirely aesthetic. Once the curve hits 50-gravity can take over and then the real trouble can begin. The thing is-there are GRAVE risks involved in the surgery-including permanent paralysis, Is this rare? Yes.  However, the doctors at Rush Presbyterian told us that the risk is one in 75-which I gotta tell you-is not comforting to parent let alone a child. So..its a complex issue. What I will say is this-Ysabel's parents are being total jackasses by scaring her away from surgery. The girl may very well end up having to have it-and they are only making the situation much more frightening for their daughter. 

Thank you so much for sharing Livvykate! It definitely helps to have the situation explained by someone who is living it. I think that Kody and Christine are quite scared of Ysabel having the surgery, which is completely understandable. But I agree that they should be doing what they can to ease Ysabel's mind, not get her more frightened. Hopefully they will switch gears if it appears that Ysabel has no choice but to get the surgery.

Sending positive thoughts to you, your daughter and your family!

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Thank you so much for sharing Livvykate! It definitely helps to have the situation explained by someone who is living it. I think that Kody and Christine are quite scared of Ysabel having the surgery, which is completely understandable. But I agree that they should be doing what they can to ease Ysabel's mind, not get her more frightened. Hopefully they will switch gears if it appears that Ysabel has no choice but to get the surgery.

Sending positive thoughts to you, your daughter and your family!

Thank you very much.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lma said:

Isn’t Galentines Day for single women? 

No. Galentines Day is just a day for women to celebrate their friendships. It actually originated on Parks and Recreation, and not all of the women were single on the episodes where they celebrate it. In fact, in one scene they sat around talking about the men in their lives. 

My sister throws a Galentine's Party every year and I'm pretty sure every woman in attendance is married. It's just a non-romantic, fun, girly thing. 

My question, though - is that a bowl of dry Fruity Pebbles? Is someone just supposed to pick those up with their hand and eat it? Like they're in their dorm room at 12 am, cramming for a test? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My question, though - is that a bowl of dry Fruity Pebbles? Is someone just supposed to pick those up with their hand and eat it? Like they're in their dorm room at 12 am, cramming for a test

I think the fruity pebbles are supposed to be toppings for the waffles — like sprinkles, to go with the whipped cream. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder if she brought some to Janelle, for her to throw away.

F2081322-E29A-442B-9602-B458B8E0BE90.jpeg

That looks great, and I've always liked that serveware, very pretty.

Oh and lol about Janelle throwing hers away!

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2

Does look yummy. Is it me or is the only person we ever see really cook is Christine ?  I know Meri made box spaghetti for Pudge and Sludge home visit, but I don't recall ever seeing Robyn cook or Ms Strive Janelle cook. 

As far as Ysabell's surgery, I get that any parent is afraid to have their children go through anything serious like that, but honestly in my mind, Cody poo-pooing the surgery I personally think is about cost.  I doubt there is medical insurance for all kids  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Does look yummy. Is it me or is the only person we ever see really cook is Christine ?  I know Meri made box spaghetti for Pudge and Sludge home visit, but I don't recall ever seeing Robyn cook or Ms Strive Janelle cook. 

As far as Ysabell's surgery, I get that any parent is afraid to have their children go through anything serious like that, but honestly in my mind, Cody poo-pooing the surgery I personally think is about cost.  I doubt there is medical insurance for all kids  

At first I was going to say that Robyn's kids probably had health insurance but then I realized that Kody is probably self-employed.   I highly doubt any of the kids have health insurance.  That is probably the #1 reason they have their babies at home in a bathtub.

• Love 4

I wonder when Mykelti & FT have their bambino if they will be forced to have it in this ?

image.png.1a0ffb3bd8094ba2b1d1759b38dccd4e.png

Clearly, Maddie is the chosen one, so I doubt Janelle would bother using the best Scrubbing Bubbles she had made organically with nutmeg and some other shit.  I can see Tony sitting on the patio eating his street tacos during the birth

i

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Christine may be a little ditzy and sometimes annoying--but with a food spread like that, I wouldn't mind hanging out with her! Wonder who Kody is spending Valentine's Day with?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

At first I was going to say that Robyn's kids probably had health insurance but then I realized that Kody is probably self-employed.   I highly doubt any of the kids have health insurance.  That is probably the #1 reason they have their babies at home in a bathtub.

Responsible self-employed people buy health insurance, but these are the Browns.  Apparently Day-un's surgery etc. after the accident nearly bankrupted Robyn; I think they are still paying off the loan they got to cover it.  He probably could also have had something done so his eyelid didn't droop, but Kodouche probably said "that's just cosmetic; being teased and bullied about it builds character, if not self-esteem".  I'm sure this is why Kody also poo-poohed taking Truly to the doctor until she was nearly dead.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

Responsible self-employed people buy health insurance, but these are the Browns.  Apparently Day-un's surgery etc. after the accident nearly bankrupted Robyn; I think they are still paying off the loan they got to cover it.  He probably could also have had something done so his eyelid didn't droop, but Kodouche probably said "that's just cosmetic; being teased and bullied about it builds character, if not self-esteem".  I'm sure this is why Kody also poo-poohed taking Truly to the doctor until she was nearly dead.

According to what they featured on the show Dayton did have surgery to fix his droopy eyelid.  Robyn's kids used to be front and center but then seemed to fade to the back and you only see them when the whole family is together.  While his eyelid seemed fine for awhile, recently it looks as though it is drooping again.  They have never gone into specifics about the accident until he had the surgery on his eye and when they were traveling somewhere and the opportunity to ride an ATV came up. 

• Love 3
On 12/28/2018 at 3:52 PM, ginger90 said:

Heard first thing this morning that Flag got 3 feet of snow within the last 24 hours so Christine will surely be outdoors today doing her new favorite thing.

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, suomi said:

Heard first thing this morning that Flag got 3 feet of snow within the last 24 hours so Christine will surely be outdoors today doing her new favorite thing.

Or inside packing to move back to LV.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

So, almost 4 feet of snow melted away already in Flag?  Dammit, there are shitpiles of that stuff everywhere here in my place in WA.  Or did they travel?

They either traveled or lifted that "pitcher" of coral from the internet.  For sure it's not growing at the bottom of Janelle's  Golden Pond.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

So, almost 4 feet of snow melted away already in Flag?  Dammit, there are shitpiles of that stuff everywhere here in my place in WA.  Or did they travel?

The snow is basically gone in Flagstaff unless it was piled up or in an area that gets no shade. 

58 minutes ago, New2this said:

The snow is basically gone in Flagstaff unless it was piled up or in an area that gets no shade. 

Oh, now that's just not fair.  I'm so ready for Spring.  We are having weather here that we would normally get in Dec/Jan.  

Anyway, Christine's girls are cute.  I still say Mykelti should have been Meri's.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

We are having weather here that we would normally get in Dec/Jan.  

Ditto in upper Michigan.  Haven't had a day in weeks where it wasn't below zero wind chill (lowest around 20 below) in the morning.  Haven't broken freezing in months andmthe pile of snow in the parking lot at the grocery store is 15 feet high.  I love the snow but this cold is getting on my nerves and I'm a lifelong Michigander.

Wonder how the tree huggers are enjoying the winter.  The ones that use the snowblower for half an inch.  Heh.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Ditto in upper Michigan.  Haven't had a day in weeks where it wasn't below zero wind chill (lowest around 20 below) in the morning.  Haven't broken freezing in months andmthe pile of snow in the parking lot at the grocery store is 15 feet high.  I love the snow but this cold is getting on my nerves and I'm a lifelong Michigander.

Wonder how the tree huggers are enjoying the winter.  The ones that use the snowblower for half an inch.  Heh.

I am so glad I live in Houston.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh, now that's just not fair.  I'm so ready for Spring.  We are having weather here that we would normally get in Dec/Jan.  

Anyway, Christine's girls are cute.  I still say Mykelti should have been Meri's.

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Yikes! Looks like this is New England's year to be spared, for the most part. Connecticut Nutmegger here, and this winter has been relatively drama-free. Don't get me wrong, there's snow on the ground and it's cold (16 degrees right now), but we've had worse winters. Now, fingers crossed that the coming summer won't be the steam bath it was last year!

On topic, Ysabel and Gwen are adorable. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Gwendlyn deleted the car in the mud post. I wonder why.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the optics of her "boo", (Ysabel) helping her to push a car out of the mud.  Not the best activity for someone with scoliosis.

• Love 5