Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

On 11/20/2021 at 3:34 AM, jennblevins said:

This was my take on things, too. I don’t think Christine has given up on polygamy any more than your average divorced person has given up on monogamy. 

One thing that surprised me, from the few books I’ve read about Mormon polygamy, was the numbers of older women, women past childbearing age, that were taken from one man and given to another, as men fell into and out of favor with the leadership.  I suppose having a large number of wives is considered a sign of “God’s” favor, and it doesn’t matter if the man is attracted to all of them (or can get all of them pregnant) as long as some of them meet that criteria.  I don’t know if the AUB behaved that way, but it certainly seemed common among the books I read.

I fear Christine will get back into the AUB’s good graces (maybe via her family) and wind up married to some other man who’s even less interested in her than Kody was.  If that’s possible.

The AUB is one of the more "liberal" sects. They don't seem to do the whole reassigning  of wives or have super arranged marriages.

That being said, I could see Christine marrying into a new family that had younger kids if she met the right man.  Maybe we can have her on a reverse season of Seeking Sister Wife. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I never really watched the show in real time, but it's on right now and it's the one where Kody refuses to let Christine's kid--the one with scoliosis--go to get surgery, determining that he is smarter than the doctors who agree she needs the surgery now, and won't let her go because of the pandemic (never mind that her condition has been worsening since long before the pandemic, but nooooo, they needed another McMansion to decorate with Live Laugh Love signs). It was utterly heartbreaking to watch her say "I don't want to go get surgery alone," to which Christine replied, "no, I would go with you, I won't let that happen to you. I wouldn't do that to you." Camera pans to Kody glaring at them because he knows he is the one allowing this to happen to her. He's disgusting and I hate him. I hope that girl got her surgery and is flourishing.

• Love 21
23 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Yes, it came as a big shock.  She bailed out because she "couldn't be away from her kids".

I'm cracking up. I totally missed that. I'm a Realtor. Common sense should let you know that most of the people who can afford to buy homes work during the week, meaning you'll be spending weekends with them. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Christine kind of advertising... herself on IG now? If she is, I hope she's learned Meri's lesson.

This is from a post about Plexus. It has the same exact wording as one by Janelle. I’m not including all of that. This picture cracked me up though.

4ED48B5C-234A-4457-A53E-4ED8A2A10138.jpeg

• LOL 8
32 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

Common sense should let you know that most of the people who can afford to buy homes work during the week, meaning you'll be spending weekends with them. 

Common sense is not in the Brown Clown lexicon.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This is from a post about Plexus. It has the same exact wording as one by Janelle. I’m not including all of that. This picture cracked me up though.

🤣🤣🤣

Nothing like admitting that the awful product you're selling is going to give people the trots!

Janelle probably thinks this is a big plus of this product. She probably doesn't even need her Squatty Potty footstool thing anymore! 

• LOL 8
On 11/23/2021 at 2:42 PM, Cetacean said:

Yes, it came as a big shock.  She bailed out because she "couldn't be away from her kids".

Though with 3 bonus Moms, a functional polygamist family (not the Browns) would be there to cover for a real estate agent at odd hours. That was supposed to be one of the perks of polygamy when Christine was bad-mouthing monogamy.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

61106F9B-554B-4203-BF5D-F43D8D34123C.jpeg

I am so pleased to see Christine with Annie.  AFAIK, there has been no mention of her since she left Christine's home under a cloud when she was unceremoniously replaced by Bonnie to run Meri's BnB.

The pj's may have been made by Annie, they are definitely not LLR stock as the pattern is aligned on the side seams. 

OOPS! I take it back about not being LLR inventory, spoke before I saw side seams on the leggings.

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

That was my first thought also. Annie left polygamy a long time ago and perhaps can help steer Christine away from it as well.

Christine's enlightenment has been a long slow process.  She has grown from excluding her from her wedding to Kody, to taking her mom in when she was in need of a place to live.

I sincerely hope that she has now realized that it wasn't just Kody that mismanaged his role, but that the whole process of polygamy is designed to keep women subservient and "sweet".

• Love 16

Christine is obviously enjoying her family, far, far away from her toxic former sister wives and her deadbeat ignoramus sperm donor.  It's great to see her with Annie.  Avalon is one cute little girl.  Aunt Truely is really growing up fast.  Nice picture!

• Love 18

That first picture with Christine, Annie and Truly in front of the tree….I get that Truley  is trying to make a funny face but it looks so very awkward! She’s going to hate that picture in a few years time.

I couldn’t help but notice that over the past few months, several pretty unflattering pictures of Truley were published on SM. Christine (and some other family members) should be more careful on what they post, especially if it involves young kids. Those pictures are there to stay and for all to see. Quite possibly forever. 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Those pictures are there to stay and for all to see. Quite possibly forever. 

Well, their whole miserable lives are there to stay forever since their abysmal parents sold their souls, and the lives of their innocent children, to TLC to be edited at will.  Cameras in their faces for their entire lives - I foresee lots of therapy in their futures.

I can't even fathom the bullying the young ones get.

• Love 15

When Christine and Kody discussed Ysabel's surgery, Christine said that it took them a long time to find an insurance for Ysabel so she could have the surgery.

This is something that I don't get.  In my experience, you cannot simply (fully) insure pre-existing conditions on a new policy. Otherwise, people would take a medical insurance for a year, pay maybe 1000 -2000 in premium, have their condition treated for let's say 50,000 and then cancel the policy. Every insurance company would go bankrupt if this was allowed, their goal is to make money, not to lose it.

I'm not saying you can't have insurance at all, but if they do accept you with pre-existing conditions, there usually are clauses to prevent such abuse. Insurances will often charge an extra premium, make you pay part of the costs or won't allow you to claim any treatment relating to this issue for the first 12-24 months. Our family has a dental insurance for instance, but this specifically states that no braces can be claimed during the first 12 months after being accepted for a new policy.

So, how did Ysabel qualify? Which brings me to another much discussed topic on this forum: Why aren't the kids better insured?  Ysabel obviously had no insurance despite her back issues, they had Maddie (or Mykelti?) in the past with  an appendectomy (I think that appendix actually ruptured!) and Dayton with his car accident. Those incidents cost them a fortune! Yes, a medical insurance is a nightmare, but Robyn allegedly almost lost her house because she couldn't pay for Dayton's treatment....

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, LilyD said:

When Christine and Kody discussed Ysabel's surgery, Christine said that it took them a long time to find an insurance for Ysabel so she could have the surgery.

This is something that I don't get.  In my experience, you cannot simply (fully) insure pre-existing conditions on a new policy. Otherwise, people would take a medical insurance for a year, pay maybe 1000 -2000 in premium, have their condition treated for let's say 50,000 and then cancel the policy. Every insurance company would go bankrupt if this was allowed, their goal is to make money, not to lose it.

I'm not saying you can't have insurance at all, but if they do accept you with pre-existing conditions, there usually are clauses to prevent such abuse. Insurances will often charge an extra premium, make you pay part of the costs or won't allow you to claim any treatment relating to this issue for the first 12-24 months. Our family has a dental insurance for instance, but this specifically states that no braces can be claimed during the first 12 months after being accepted for a new policy.

So, how did Ysabel qualify? Which brings me to another much discussed topic on this forum: Why aren't the kids better insured?  Ysabel obviously had no insurance despite her back issues, they had Maddie (or Mykelti?) in the past with  an appendectomy (I think that appendix actually ruptured!) and Dayton with his car accident. Those incidents cost them a fortune! Yes, a medical insurance is a nightmare, but Robyn allegedly almost lost her house because she couldn't pay for Dayton's treatment....

Does the .gov health insurance have the same parameters with pre-existing conditions?

Christne did crowdfund a big chunk of change, but I don't know what that covered or exactly how much she raised.

I bet the adults are idiots and don't want to 'waste' the money for monthly insurance premiums and just hope no one gets sick or hurt. Stupid way to live and such a gamble.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, LilyD said:

This is part of why there was a mandate to buy insurance under Obamacare, so that people couldn't do this.  However, that got struck down, so now there's more of this.  I'm not sure how a lot of companies are staying in business, other than not all offer their services through the exchange.

Kody not being able to stay away from "the family" that long suggests that Christine and Ysabel aren't family, particularly when you think that most of the kids are grown and gone (he can be gone from them for that long, no worries!).  So he's basically saying "the family" is Robyn and her spawn.  Not surprising.

• Love 16

Why aren't the kids better insured? 

Because the Browns are financial idiots. They are barely able to cover their daily expenses so they cut there, figuring that they'll pray (or crowdfund) their way out of any major medical expenses. 

Every state in the country has free health insurance for poor children. I'm assuming Christine's kids would qualify because she has little to no income (unless she is doing much better than I think that she is in her MLM sales). But if she applies for that benefit, they are going to require her to name the father of her children (and she can't really get away with saying she doesn't know or that he is someone other than Kody), and then the State will go after Kody for child support. They must figure that they do better financially to keep Kody's income protected from state liens than they would to get state health insurance, even when major costs are incurred.

I thought the ACA prevented insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions but I could be mistaken about that or it could be that this particular mandate hasn't been fully implemented yet?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Christine has income from the show that was probably high enough to keep her last two kids from qualifying for free insurance.

Then you take your earnings, and get medical insurance for your children. I hate these stupid, irresponsible people. You're a parent, you brought children into the world, your job is to protect them. Both Kody and Christine are culpable here. I'm  willing to cut Christine some slack, and hope she's doing better as a single parent. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
48 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

I'm  willing to cut Christine some slack

Why cut her slack?  She nearly lost Truley but didn't learn one damned thing from that.  Never pushed to have insurance resulting in the need to do crowdbegging to pay for Ysabel's surgery.  She is as complicit as Kootie, maybe more. 

Those were her kids and it's been plain for years that Kootie doesn't consider them his.  They probably couldn't pay for the back surgery so he found that quack who put Ysabel in PVC pipe braces and I'll be dollars to donuts the guy gave it to them for free for the publicity.  Even then they didn't get any health insurance.  One is as bad as the other.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
47 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Why cut her slack?  She nearly lost Truley but didn't learn one damned thing from that.  Never pushed to have insurance resulting in the need to do crowdbegging to pay for Ysabel's surgery.  She is as complicit as Kootie, maybe more. 

Those were her kids and it's been plain for years that Kootie doesn't consider them his.  They probably couldn't pay for the back surgery so he found that quack who put Ysabel in PVC pipe braces and I'll be dollars to donuts the guy gave it to them for free for the publicity.  Even then they didn't get any health insurance.  One is as bad as the other.

I have a soft spot for Christine because of her background and the patriarchal upbringing that she was a part of. I'm glad she's finding her voice,  and you're right, she is as responsible as he is for the lack of insurance. In her defense, she did raise the funds and get the needed surgery, but it was delayed and I am sad for Ysabel and her pain. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

ACA policies have fairly high maximum household limits. Around $70,000 for a family of two and $85,000 for a family of three and upwards. Kids up to age 26 can be included in the coverage.

I'm guessing Christine falls under the maximum and would qualify for subsidized insurance. 

Also, most folks need follow-up care after major medical procedures, so there's a disincentive to drop the insurance.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Just one exception for pre-existing conditions according to this.  Other than that they are covered.  

https://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/about-the-aca/pre-existing-conditions/index.html

That’s…..interesting…. So technically Christine could just cancel the policy once ysabel is done and reapply for one if she gets a torn ligament like  an ACL for instance,  claim the surgery and then cancel it again? What an amazing way to trick the health system and health insurance. (Me being sarcastic here)

Yep that would work brilliantly for the Brown clan, so long as there’s no real emergency of course.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

My guess is they were not going to get the insurance until it was closer to time for the surgery to be required.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/19/2021 at 9:14 AM, LilyD said:

The jobs that are there and won’t require much experience or a degree are taken up by youngsters like high schoolers or students, simply because they are a lot cheaper (youth wages). Christine would be too expensive here. With luck, you would be able to find something through your network or you could try to start your own business. 

we don't have youth wages...we just have wages.  You're right...she doesn't have much education and she doesn't seem interested in pursuing her real estate career (I believe she did pass the exam).  She could get a job in retail or perhaps a warehouse if she is able to hustle.  Maybe the Post Office.  We have a labor shortage at the moment so she should have pretty good luck finding a job.  A proper job would provide her with benefits and you need 40 quarters (= 10 years) of wages to be eligible for Social Security when you're of retirement age.  She had better get cracking on that.  For any info here that I've gotten wrong, somebody please correct me.  Thanks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My guess is they were not going to get the insurance until it was closer to time for the surgery to be required.

Yes and we all know there is absolutely no reason to have a health insurance unless you have an elective surgery lined up (I’m rolling my eyes now)

After all, what are the chances of needing an emergency procedure within 24 hours (Maddie), of becoming seriously ill (Truely) of having an accident (Dayton) or contracting Covid 19 that just loves to kill morbidly obese women (like Janelle)  and can kill healthy and young people too? oh and after so many births we can also safely say that child birth is risk free and won’t need any doctor assistance (one of Robyn’s babies breaking a collar bone at birth or baby Evie whisked away to hospital)….. yes…please do…. It’s a brilliant strategy to only get a health insurance in very specific circumstances😵💫

• Love 13

When Christine said it took a long time to find an insurance to cover the surgery, could she have been saying it took a long time to find a capable surgeon who would accept their insurance??   My daughter has an ongoing medical condition and only a few, select, doctors are within her network for coverage.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

When Christine said it took a long time to find an insurance to cover the surgery, could she have been saying it took a long time to find a capable surgeon who would accept their insurance??   My daughter has an ongoing medical condition and only a few, select, doctors are within her network for coverage.  

I would think that's unlikely, though I have heard of insurances that have a list of hospitals and doctors you can choose from if you want coverage at all. Probably because those insurances have an agreement with fixed prices with those hospitals)

I have wondered about New Jersey, but that may be because of a specific surgeon that was recommended to them? Or only a handful of available surgeons that do this type of surgery?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I have wondered about New Jersey, but that may be because of a specific surgeon that was recommended to them? Or only a handful of available surgeons that do this type of surgery?

I think Christine has a sister who lives in NJ, I could be wrong, but then at least they have a place to stay which would be a help in costs

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

Yes and we all know there is absolutely no reason to have a health insurance unless you have an elective surgery lined up (I’m rolling my eyes now)

After all, what are the chances of needing an emergency procedure within 24 hours (Maddie), of becoming seriously ill (Truely) of having an accident (Dayton) or contracting Covid 19 that just loves to kill morbidly obese women (like Janelle)  and can kill healthy and young people too? oh and after so many births we can also safely say that child birth is risk free and won’t need any doctor assistance (one of Robyn’s babies breaking a collar bone at birth or baby Evie whisked away to hospital)….. yes…please do…. It’s a brilliant strategy to only get a health insurance in very specific circumstances😵💫

Most of those people would have had to purchase their own insurance.  Many of us are lucky that we have employer provided insurance that picks up most of the cost.  There is no way I would be able to afford to purchase insurance on my own.  So I could understand them not being able to purchase health insurance for a large family.  Even if they didn't have the more expensive vehicles and homes, they still couldn't afford it.  Just the premiums alone they would struggle to pay for, much less the deductibles, co-pays etc.

1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I think Christine has a sister who lives in NJ, I could be wrong, but then at least they have a place to stay which would be a help in costs

Yes I remember her posting a photo of her and her sister while out in NJ.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I would think that's unlikely, though I have heard of insurances that have a list of hospitals and doctors you can choose from if you want coverage at all. Probably because those insurances have an agreement with fixed prices with those hospitals)

She said they found someone who does it with fibers instead of rods. And it’s ok if the fibers break “because there are a lot of them”. I don’t know what else to say. Seems sketchy. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Most of those people would have had to purchase their own insurance.  Many of us are lucky that we have employer provided insurance that picks up most of the cost.  There is no way I would be able to afford to purchase insurance on my own.  So I could understand them not being able to purchase health insurance for a large family.  Even if they didn't have the more expensive vehicles and homes, they still couldn't afford it.  Just the premiums alone they would struggle to pay for, much less the deductibles, co-pays etc.

You’re absolutely right pointing this out, and yes there are many people who would love to have one but cannot afford it. 

But when it comes to the Browns; yes, insuring 23 people would be a huge challenge, yet most are over 18 now and have moved out, with only 5 (including ysabel) being 18 or younger and they’re still not taking an insurance seriously! Also, they could consider living less “extravagant” and insure at least a few kids to start with. I’d say if you are ‘happy’ to spend an estimated 15k a month on property rents, a mortgage and bare land, you can also spend a few grand on a health insurance….

• Love 13
On 11/23/2021 at 11:06 PM, JayDub1987 said:

I'm cracking up. I totally missed that. I'm a Realtor. Common sense should let you know that most of the people who can afford to buy homes work during the week, meaning you'll be spending weekends with them. 

One thing I really like about this board (apart from discussing the Brown idiots) is learning  about life in other parts of the world. What I consider normal, is obviously not the standard in other parts of the world and vice versa.

Take this real estate thing for instance; Everything involving buying or renting a house over here, is done on week days. And particularly now during the pandemic when houses will sell regardless.  Realtor: "You want to buy a house? Find time in your diary to view it. What? Oh you work during the weeks and are free in the weekends? Well... you know, so do/am I.... "  It works fine here, and after having lived in more than one country, I can say it works the same there too. (exceptions are open houses, which may be in a weekend, and the front office who may be open for inquiries for a few hours on Saturday morning.)

It's not my intention to judge realtors in the US by the way, so please don't take offence. More to highlight small differences in every day life that are considered normal in one country and are completely different in another. It's quite interesting really.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

One thing I really like about this board (apart from discussing the Brown idiots) is learning  about life in other parts of the world. What I consider normal, is obviously not the standard in other parts of the world and vice versa.

Take this real estate thing for instance; Everything involving buying or renting a house over here, is done on week days. And particularly now during the pandemic when houses will sell regardless.  Realtor: "You want to buy a house? Find time in your diary to view it. What? Oh you work during the weeks and are free in the weekends? Well... you know, so do/am I.... "  It works fine here, and after having lived in more than one country, I can say it works the same there too. (exceptions are open houses, which may be in a weekend, and the front office who may be open for inquiries for a few hours on Saturday morning.)

It's not my intention to judge realtors in the US by the way, so please don't take offence. More to highlight small differences in every day life that are considered normal in one country and are completely different in another. It's quite interesting really.

I didn't take it as judgmental at all! That really is interesting. I wish that it worked like that here XD

• Love 6

If Christine did use her real estate courses as a career, I think she'd make a go of it.  It's hard to believe she didn't realize that it requires odd days & hours.  

Anyway, Christine has a friendlier personality than Janelle, who wasn't successful as a realtor.  Sparkle Pony will never know what she missed, because she wouldn't even try.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

You’re absolutely right pointing this out, and yes there are many people who would love to have one but cannot afford it. 

But when it comes to the Browns; yes, insuring 23 people would be a huge challenge, yet most are over 18 now and have moved out, with only 5 (including ysabel) being 18 or younger and they’re still not taking an insurance seriously! Also, they could consider living less “extravagant” and insure at least a few kids to start with. I’d say if you are ‘happy’ to spend an estimated 15k a month on property rents, a mortgage and bare land, you can also spend a few grand on a health insurance….

They could also do what a lot of people do… choose jobs that provide employee sponsored health insurance instead of working MLM jobs with no benefits…

• Love 23