Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

Fat baby, fat adult. They make extra fat cells that they will battle their whole life. Plus they are being taught to over eat right from the start.

Disagree. Plenty of "fat" babies grow into lean adults and plenty of tiny babies grow into larger adults. It's a sensitive issue for me too because so much of our society is really fat phobic. I don't think there is anything wrong with that baby...

• Love 20

Avalon's "diet" may be a change in what they were feeding her. Losing 2 lbs in a week is likely because she was inflamed by something she was being fed, like tacos to someone with a corn allergy, or wheat to someone with a gliadin intolerance, or french fries to someone who gets highly inflamed by Omega 6 oils. This fambly was probably giving her all three plus other junk food (Axelbrush got cavities in his baby teeth).

Up until ~1950, babies were fed only breast milk or formula for the first 6 months and their first solid foods were pureed vegetables.  Then cereal companies started marketing pablums and crackers etc, creating 6-8 tire Michelin babies.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

I’m glad that doctors are on top of this.  Obesity runs in families. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/childhood-obesity/symptoms-causes/syc-20354827

Having a baby at a public event seems awfully risky right now.  Babies and children are having high rates of severe reactions to covid.  I don’t understand their priorities. Even outdoor events are risky for those who are high risk.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I would also be shopping for a new pediatrician if told to put a 4 month old on a diet. You have to take what Mykelti said with a grain of salt though- entirely possible Mykelti exaggerated the story. I'm one of 8 children. My parents were slim, none of us are overweight. Genetics- yes a factor. Learned habits -yes a factor.  With Tony and Mykelti's size, they are smart to keep an eye out, but babies should not be calorie restricted. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

To me, that baby is morbidly obese. 

Wow.  And this is based on what, a single picture?  Do we know the weight or height of the child?

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Avalon's "diet" may be a change in what they were feeding her. L

Indeed.  We don't know that the doctor has advised a change in diet or the weight loss was due to any number of factors.

Labeling a young child like can cause all kinds of problems down the line. Luckily she is too young to understand it.  That's the kind of thing that leads to bulemia.

• Love 12

I've only known one person IRL where the pediatrician suggested what some people might call a diet for an infant.  He said the baby was gaining too fast.  The suggestions were to slow the weight gain until height caught up.  Occasionally  some people do overfeed infants

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Wow.  And this is based on what, a single picture?  Do we know the weight or height of the child?

Indeed.  We don't know that the doctor has advised a change in diet or the weight loss was due to any number of factors.

Labeling a young child like can cause all kinds of problems down the line. Luckily she is too young to understand it.  That's the kind of thing that leads to bulemia.

She looks normal baby chub to me.  Certainly not morbidly obese, and to label her as such is offensive.  Ugh.  

6 hours ago, winsomeone said:

To me, that baby is morbidly obese. With her parents, her odds of becoming a slim teen and adult are nil and none.

Looks like a normal baby to me. 

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Apparently the doctor agrees with me.

I don't believe there is any posting mentioning the doctor recommending a diet. The only reference was that the child had lost two pounds when weighed at the office visit.  Assumption?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I don't believe there is any posting mentioning the doctor recommending a diet. The only reference was that the child had lost two pounds when weighed at the office visit.  Assumption?

I always heard (and taught) that baby fat is normal, but once they get to be toddlers feeding them 24/7 might not be  good idea.  They grow so much in the first year or so that they need all the fuel they can get.

Mayo Clinic kind of agrees with me:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/infant-and-toddler-health/expert-answers/baby-fat/faq-20058296

Edited by Fosca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/5/2021 at 9:44 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Yes they can be and my mom said the doctor put my brother on skim milk at 3 months old because he weighed 30 pounds.  Double what he should have been.  Maybe when she becomes more active she will burn some of that off.

According to my mother, when the doctor put my brother on skim milk.  He never lost any weight, but he also never gained anymore weight until he was about 3 years old.

• Love 2

Disagree. Plenty of "fat" babies grow into lean adults and plenty of tiny babies grow into larger adults. It's a sensitive issue for me too because so much of our society is really fat phobic. I don't think there is anything wrong with that baby...

I weighed 4 pounds at birth and I am a borderline overweight adult. I think Avalon looks fine for her age. 

According to my mother, when the doctor put my brother on skim milk.  He never lost any weight, but he also never gained anymore weight until he was about 3 years old.

It is a common strategy with overweight kids to stop the weight gain and let them grow into the weight they already have. But again, Avalon looks fine. I am more focused on the continued absence of Kody and how we never see him with Christine.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

0133E80B-F168-4956-BFE3-FC45C342CB1D.jpeg

16714B60-5025-44A4-B12E-305F23B39331.jpeg

The #lularoeariel is not flattering, it may be the angle, but it does not show off her new figure that she no doubt worked hard to achieve BEFORE she jumped on the Plexus bandwagon.

I know that Aspyn works for Kendra Scott retailer, but why is she giving them a shoutout when she doesn't appear to be wearing any of their jewelry?

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The #lularoeariel is not flattering, it may be the angle, but it does not show off her new figure that she no doubt worked hard to achieve BEFORE she jumped on the Plexus bandwagon.

I know that Aspyn works for Kendra Scott retailer, but why is she giving them a shoutout when she doesn't appear to be wearing any of their jewelry?

I think her ring is from Kendra Scott.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GrannySmith said:

I watched LulaRich a couple of days ago, and later that day a bunch of Lularoe ads popped up on my Facebook page. I’d never had any before. Big brother is watching indeed. 

That docu-series is really, really good! I can see where Meri, if she got in early, probably was pulling in some pretty serious money in the beginning. Definitely enough for the downpayment on the B&B and a nice nest egg if she managed to hold onto any of her profits. Christine seems like maybe she came in a little too late to make as much but she might have netted a few dollars before the whole scam went to hell.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That docu-series is really, really good! I can see where Meri, if she got in early, probably was pulling in some pretty serious money in the beginning. Definitely enough for the downpayment on the B&B and a nice nest egg if she managed to hold onto any of her profits. Christine seems like maybe she came in a little too late to make as much but she might have netted a few dollars before the whole scam went to hell.

Some of those women had thousands of people under them and were pulling in as much as $70,000 in bonuses every month. I think Meri must be one of them. I wonder how many people she has under her. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GrannySmith said:

Some of those women had thousands of people under them and were pulling in as much as $70,000 in bonuses every month. I think Meri must be one of them. I wonder how many people she has under her. 

I think if Meri was pulling in anything like $70,000/mo bonuses, Kootie would be all over her. She may be doing OK for herself and Mariah but I really doubt it is that much!

• Love 19

Yes, Kootie would be sucking up at the speed of light if he thought he could weasel $$$ out of either Meri or Christine, if they were pulling in multi-thousands in bonuses in addition to the profits they net for shilling those ugly clothes.  At least, he'd pretend to make nice with them.

That said, I hate any and all MLM's for conning people into "buying in" to their cultish bullshit.  The only reason Meri and Christine make any sales at all, is that they are Z-list "celebs" with nutso fans and a SM following.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I think if Meri was pulling in anything like $70,000/mo bonuses, Kootie would be all over her. She may be doing OK for herself and Mariah but I really doubt it is that much!

Every single financial or business decision made by Kody and the wives has been disastrous. They completely lack any talent for business or money. So I highly doubt Meri's Lula-whatever is a big success. Or Christine's for that matter...

Don't know about the B&B but looking at some of her unfriendly customer responses online, I highly doubt this is going to be an amazing and long lasting success too.

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 8

Watch LulaRich. More money is earned in bonuses from the down line than selling the clothes. They explain how the whole thing works. I think Meri was in on the ground floor, and she probably made a lot a few years ago. Things have changed since then. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Don't know about the B&B but looking at some of her unfriendly customer responses online, I highly doubt this is going to be an amazing and long lasting success too.

I doubt that any B&B owner makes much more than a living wage at that kind of business unless in a highly desirable area.  Which eliminates Parowan.  It's Nowheresville.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

I doubt that any B&B owner makes much more than a living wage at that kind of business unless in a highly desirable area.  Which eliminates Parowan.  It's Nowheresville.

The place looks cobbled together.  I think the only furniture that Meri might call her heritage is the table in the sitting room and some family photos.  The rest looks like she visited some thrift stores and possibly the bed frames came from quality 2nd hand stores.

The wallpaper in the bedrooms is straight out of the 1970s and with those all-over patterns is designed to mask uneven walls.  The place looks clean, I'll give her that, but aside from your assigned bedroom, there is nowhere to relax... the parlor/sitting room is stiff and not inviting, the covered front porch has a lovely view of the Parowan Prophet's junkyard.  If you wanted a tea or coffee or an adult beverage to refresh yourself where would you kick back and enjoy it without feeling you are intruding on their routine.  I guess you could read in your bedroom, but watching TV after 10PM would probably be frowned on because BnBs are not built like hotels/motels with some degree of sound insulation.

Her BBF Jenn has two kids living there with her, I have visions of her racing through the house straightening doilies and lamp shades before Meri's arrival Friday evening.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GrannySmith said:

Watch LulaRich. More money is earned in bonuses from the down line than selling the clothes. They explain how the whole thing works. I think Meri was in on the ground floor, and she probably made a lot a few years ago. Things have changed since then. 

Based on what I watched in the doc, Meri got in too late to get all those sweet bonus checks. I think what she makes is based on her own personal sales. 

Meri got into LLR around Sept/Oct 2016. The bonus plan changed in 2017 - before the bonus payments were based on how much inventory your downline purchased from LLR (the way Mary Kay still runs today) to what the downline actually sold.  When that change was implemented the bonus check amounts plummeted. I remember one of the mentors said that her bonus check went from $6k one month to $800 the next. 

Meri is always having to sign new people up. The buy in has gone from $5k minimum to $500. But the market for these clothes has gone south. Meri might be able to convince fans to drop $500 with dreams of making it big but you can get these clothes new with tags from thrift stores and Thred Up at a fraction of the price. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6

Based on what I watched in the doc, Meri got in too late to get all those sweet bonus checks. I think what she makes is based on her own personal sales. 

From what I saw on Meri's Facebook Live Lularoe sales before I snarked on her and got kicked out, Meri could sell Kody's used socks with holes in them, and there would be buyers. It was remarkable how many ass-kissers she had buying up her stuff. I have a feeling that Christine has the same thing going. I'm not sure about Janelle and the Plexus. I do want to know how Robyn gets away with having no job while the other wives have to sell shit to survive. I'm sure she would claim she has no time because her two youngest kids can't seem to wean.

And the Plexus just looks nasty. I'm not a terribly healthy eater, but DAMN. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri is always having to sign new people up. The buy in has gone from $5k minimum to $500. But the market for these clothes has gone south. Meri might be able to convince fans to drop $500 with dreams of making it big but you can get these clothes new with tags from thrift stores and Thred Up at a fraction of the price. 

I'm wondering where Meri got the 5k to buy the starter package in the first place, because if she started in 2016, I think the buy-in was still between 5 and 8K depending on how much crap you wanted to start with.  Christine's buy-in might've been smaller but where did either of them get the cash for that?  Don't they have to put all of their pennies into one big pot and then Robyn decides they all decide who gets what?

Also, I already binged the LLR doc.  Now I want one on Plexus, please.  Soon.

35 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

From what I saw on Meri's Facebook Live Lularoe sales before I snarked on her and got kicked out

I'm gonna need to know what you said to get kicked out, please.  😎

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I'm gonna need to know what you said to get kicked out, please.  😎

I forget exactly how Meri worded it, but she was saying something about people judging her based on what they watch for an hour, which is only a tiny part of her life. And I said something about how you can't put your life on television in a reality show and make money off it, and then complain when people comment on what you're putting out there to the public for money. I was kicked off the Facebook lives within an hour, but I was still allowed access to the Sale page in case I still wanted to buy something. Meri has some assistant on the Facebook Lives (I forget her name) who helps answer questions and keep track of people buying, and I'm pretty sure she's the one who hit the Ban button on me. 

I attended a few of Christine's Facebook Lives, but they're not as fun. Christine just sells the stuff, and doesn't do the whole victim thing about how people unfairly judge her. So she's not as entertaining. I've never bought anything from either one of them I've been to LulaRoe parties in person, so I know the leggings can be found elsewhere cheaper, and the t-shirts and dresses are very slopping and not great quality for the price they charge.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I attended a few of Christine's Facebook Lives, but they're not as fun. Christine just sells the stuff, and doesn't do the whole victim thing about how people unfairly judge her.

Sounds like Christine saves her woe-is-me fodder for her Cameo video messages.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The picture Christine used in a plugging Plexus post. But……she never states it’s Plexus, just a bunch of blah, blah, blah, with comments turned off.

E2B34176-6C9C-42D9-A0DD-F8B6E704FEC2.jpeg

I'm more interested in where she is than what she's selling. Looking at that background. Maybe Aspyn's town?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/13/2021 at 2:29 PM, Kellyee said:

From what I saw on Meri's Facebook Live Lularoe sales before I snarked on her and got kicked out, Meri could sell Kody's used socks with holes in them, and there would be buyers. It was remarkable how many ass-kissers she had buying up her stuff. I have a feeling that Christine has the same thing going.

So…these people obviously have a (big) crowd that’s happy to buy stuff from them. Yet they haven’t been able to make any business a success. Why would that be? (Am thinking My Sisterwives  Closet here) It again shows how bad they are at what they do…They could probably have made a small fortune from fan merchandise to start with.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, LilyD said:

So…these people obviously have a (big) crowd that’s happy to buy stuff from them. Yet they haven’t been able to make any business a success. Why would that be? (Am thinking My Sisterwives  Closet here) It again shows how bad they are at what they do…They could probably have made a small fortune from fan merchandise to start with.

Right on!!!  They had a big enough fan base that could have been exploited when Robyn started her ego business.  Her designs were unimaginative and mostly geared to the specific market of polygamous women, the others were trite, "Be Kind" etc...

Believe it or not, at the time they started MSWC, there was a huge outcry from loyal fans for a Brown family recipe book.  The world needed to know how to put together tater tot casseroles, mock tapioca puddin' and burnt toast made in the oven from Christine.  Janelle could have contributed with 100 ways to use canned cabbage.  A second printing may have included Meri's secret recipes for rice krispie treats if they could have been pried from behind her walls.  Robyn claimed to have "bomb" recipes for cheesecake and lasagna.  After all, who wouldn't want to emulate the radiant good health that the Brown women folk exhibited.

For short time, MSWC carried handbags and aprons made by Annie, Christine's mom, and in my opinion, they were the only items that merited the price charged.

Robyn seemed to blame the lack of interest in her product line on the other wives for not co-operating in her vanity project.  She couldn't seem to get it through her head that her designs were dreck.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Looks like some  French White  CorningWare on the shelf. 😂🤣

Guess that's where the "French" comes from. All I can see is bunch of random stuff that will collect dust at a rapid rate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8