Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

Christine would probably be the most personable, pleasant wife to spend time with.  Just make sure you don't use the c-word in front of her.  No, not that one, the other one...compound.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Have you all noticed Christine's pronunciation of some words that end in -Ing? She actually says the G. I noticed it last week with the Von Trapps when she was saying amazing. Sounded more like A-Ma-ZING. This week she said it with liking. I wonder if it's all Ing words all just some.

• Love 1
Have you all noticed Christine's pronunciation of some words that end in -Ing? She actually says the G.

I haven't noticed, but if she does, good for her. It means she has excellent enunciation. I dislike when people drop the "g" and say doin' or goin'. It makes them sound uneducated. I try to teach my students to enunciate so people understand them more clearly.

• Love 1

I haven't noticed, but if she does, good for her. It means she has excellent enunciation. I dislike when people drop the "g" and say doin' or goin'. It makes them sound uneducated. I try to teach my students to enunciate so people understand them more clearly.

I think she meant that Christine makes a hard "G" sound at the end of those words instead of the normal -ing sound. It's hard to explain in typing, but she says something like "amazing -guh". There was an actress on a tv show I used to watch in high school who did that and it drove me nuts.

• Love 1

Yes, Utahans have a strange accent and pronunciation. I live here but was raised in Arizona, so I can really hear it. They say fill for feel, dill for deal, etc. The town of Hurricane is pronounce HUR-kin. There are websites devoted to the Utah accent and pronunciations. It's just that for some reason Christine's INKing was worse this episode.

• Love 1

I thought she was saying 'Amazing!' in that teen-age girl OMG kind of way.  You know, where they stress that last syllable as their voice gets louder.

I feel for Christine as Truly's hospital visit was quite stressful for her.  It was also done on her own at the beginning, as 1. Kody didn't even seem to realize how ill she was even after he and Aspen had been her caregivers for several days since Christine was gone on that awful dress shopping trip, and 2) he was sleeping at Robin's while Christine took her to the hospital.  Why couldn't someone call Kody to the car when she left?.  On the other hand, Christine doesn't seem to have a fully working brain 3/4 of the time.  

• Love 1

There was a discussion to change the general chat title (I love the new title BTW!) - could we change Christine's also?

I'm thinking something like

'She Wanted a Family, Not Just The Asshat' (Douchebag, King of Idiots, Kody-Clown, really too many to list here).

'She Wanted a Family, But She Got A Bunch Of Crying Adults and 1 Ass-Clown.

etc.

Anybody else?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I'm trying to get some background on Christine's parents.  Does anyone know where her father is and if her mom still supports polygamy? 

Christine's mom is actually moving in with Christine this "season".  She left polygamy so I'm guessing she doesn't support it.  But I suppose that living off the largesse of TLC will induce her to "keep sweet" unless the producers decide to develop a storyline where she's an antagonist.

oh wait.  This is a reality show, there are no storylines.

HAHAHAAAA!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Christine's father is Rex Clark Allred. Christine's paternal grandfather, Rulon Allred, was the head of the AUB, had several wives and children, and was apparently murdered by directives from Ervil LeBaron who interestingly enough is Christine's mother's uncle. Christine's mother is Ruth LeBaron. Ruth's stepfather is Owen Allred, the brother of Rulon. So, Ruth's stepsister is actually that aunt of Christine who is against polygamy and was in that episode with the panel discussion (Kristyn Decker). I really have no idea where Rex Allred resides currently, but I have read that the AUB headquarters of his late father are situated in a town neighboring Lehi, which is where the Browns used to live. 

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 4

Thanks purpleflowers.  I tried to figure out their family tree when reading their book, but it gave me a headache.  All the inter-marriages are bad enough, but when you throw in all the re-marriages within the same group, it's mind-boggling.  For a group that believes in eternal marriage, they get divorced a lot.

• Love 4

This is a site I found that has tons of genealogical info on the Allreds. This is why the Mormons have a rep for recordkeeping.

http://www.allredroster.com/eni2.prg?0102050503011305

That is interesting, mimion.  So Christine's mother had 6 children.  I wonder if she still has contact with all of them since she left the AUB, and whether that might have anything to do with her moving in with Christine.  Kody said something about wanting to be with her grandchildren, but she must have other grandchildren (unless I'm reading those charts incorrectly).  Of course, it's possible she may just be closest to Christine.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 1
This is a site I found that has tons of genealogical info on the Allreds. This is why the Mormons have a rep for recordkeeping.

They'd have to with all of the inbreeding complicated by divorces and coming and going in the Faith of the Month!

• Love 2

That is interesting, mimion.  So Christine's mother had 6 children.  I wonder if she still has contact with all of them since she left the AUB, and whether that might have anything to do with her moving in with Christine.  Kody said something about wanting to be with her grandchildren, but she must have other grandchildren (unless I'm reading those charts incorrectly).  Of course, it's possible she may just be closest to Christine.

Or her other five children don't have a reality show that's scraping bottom trying desperately to find actual...content. Enter stereotypical mother-in-law drahmaz. Yawning...

• Love 6

I wonder if Christine's mom moving in is to be with Christine as her relationship with Kody dissolves. I'm not in the camp that is convinced there will be divorces at the show but it's obvious Christine has moved from the semi-favored, child producing wife (behind Robyn) to the annoying wife who wants a husband and is surprised to discover she's "married" to an egoistical jerk whose only priority is himself. Christine's mom has left polygamy so it's likely she's seen the difficulties. Maybe she's moving in to be there for her daughter as she discovers her husband never will be.

• Love 2

Christine's father is Rex Clark Allred. Christine's paternal grandfather, Rulon Allred, was the head of the AUB, had several wives and children, and was apparently murdered by directives from Ervil LeBaron who interestingly enough is Christine's mother's uncle. Christine's mother is Ruth LeBaron. Ruth's stepfather is Owen Allred, the brother of Rulon. So, Ruth's stepsister is actually that aunt of Christine who is against polygamy and was in that episode with the panel discussion (Kristyn Decker). I really have no idea where Rex Allred resides currently, but I have read that the AUB headquarters of his late father are situated in a town neighboring Lehi, which is where the Browns used to live. 

This is where Christine's whining about the horrible things that happened to her grandfather lose their credibility. The worst thing that happened to her grandfather wasn't done by 'polygamy haters' it was done by her own family. 

• Love 6

I couldn't edit this comment, but I wanted to clarify that Christine's mom's name is probably Ruthann, not Ruth. 

Christine's excuse for moving her mother in doesn't make any sense.

Maybe its to justify having such a huge house with only 4 kids, two of whom will also be moving out in the next couple years. Maybe they should move all the grandmothers in with Meri. She's got plenty of room.

• Love 1

Christine's excuse for moving her mother in doesn't make any sense.

It especially doesn't make sense since she says Annie is moving in to help her with her own kids, yet in the couch session, she was berating Robyn for not using Christine to babysit her kids and hiring Mindy instead. If Christine can't handle her own kids, why should Robyn use Christine to babysit her two wildchild girls and trust her to be sensitive enough to manage a child with autism?

• Love 5

It especially doesn't make sense since she says Annie is moving in to help her with her own kids, yet in the couch session, she was berating Robyn for not using Christine to babysit her kids and hiring Mindy instead. If Christine can't handle her own kids, why should Robyn use Christine to babysit her two wildchild girls and trust her to be sensitive enough to manage a child with autism?

3 of Christine's 4 kids are in school all day. 3 of Robyn's 4 kids are in school all day. They could take turns watching the two little ones. The whole thing is stupid. Remember that time that Christine sent her kids to Meri's house as punishment?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Ok I am wondering if Christine doesn't have some sort of mental health issue happening. She's looked off to me this season, like either really high and happy or extremey low and miserable. No one seemed to bat an eye to her losing it over Ken except Kody and they claimed "pms" and they have been dealing with this for years. Now her mother is moving in to "help" her when she only has one kid at home all day. I wonder if she has something going on. She just comes across as off to me this season.

• Love 4

Thinking about the title of this thread (and the statement it's quoting) in light of what we're confirming with more info about her mother. Wondering if Christine developed this wild fantasy of what it was supposed to be like as a coping mechanism - maybe as early as childhood, since her happy memories seem to conflict with whatever led to her mother's departure - and reality crashing in on her. Maybe her own family was supposed to right that wrong? If she's cracking, it's not hard to offer a take or two re why.

I alternate between pitying her and wanting to smack her upside the head.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 3

I alternate between pitying her and wanting to smack her upside the head.

I think Chrisine is longing for the family of her childhood. The problem is that that family was a fantasy and her mother was secretly miserable for most of her childhood. Her sister wife was probably unhappy too. Christine spent her childhood with rose-colored glasses on, and now she is having trouble living the real life of a sister wife in polygamy. Especially once Robyn arrived and she was no longer new cow.

Has anyone else noticed that Christine never, ever touches on WHY her mother was miserable, and what it was about polygamy that made her so unhappy? Its going to be interesting with Annie living in the same house.

• Love 4

I think Chrisine is longing for the family of her childhood. The problem is that that family was a fantasy and her mother was secretly miserable for most of her childhood. Her sister wife was probably unhappy too. Christine spent her childhood with rose-colored glasses on, and now she is having trouble living the real life of a sister wife in polygamy. Especially once Robyn arrived and she was no longer new cow.

Has anyone else noticed that Christine never, ever touches on WHY her mother was miserable, and what it was about polygamy that made her so unhappy? Its going to be interesting with Annie living in the same house.

On Twitter Christine is : Christine Brown @rosecolored6 , so I guess she has some insight into herself after all.

This tweet by Christine is interesting. https://twitter.com/rosecolored6/status/559544703687737348

Was anything like this discussed on the show?

Was anything like this discussed on the show?

How in the world is a single woman (grandmother) who has just left polygamy, probably with minimal employment skills and income, going to take away 4-5 children from Christine? Although the kids were living in a polygamous home, Anne would have to prove it was an unfit home (abuse, neglect, no schooling, parents off-the-charts bad) and her home environment was much better suited for the children. As whacko as the Browns are, don't think Anne had a case. Hell, Utah doesn't even prosecute the existing horrifying Kingston cases; they will temporarily remove the children but almost always send them back into those abusive homes. As much as Kody likes to sit on the couch and bluster about how nice their people are (don't get me started), the Browns know full well the background of ALL of the fundamental sects, all the skeletons in the closets. They are activists, they are related and there are no secrets (looking at YOU, Christine "I didn't know men could be such bastards" Brown).

The problem is the show has been on the air too long now and all their stories and lies are starting to get mixed up, partial truths are coming out and they are not able to remember the plot lines.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6