Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Is that where Caleb and Maddie live ?  Wait till Janelle discovers Waffle House (yummmm). 

Ha! I bet there are 3 or 4 in the Greenville NC area.   There are a few near Phoenix, and it is just about 2 and a half hours from Flagstaff;  I see a daytrip in Janelle's future.  Every 3 or 4 years we eat at one when we are traveling.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Do the consultants have to pay for their own cruise?  Is this something they are pressured into attending or is it a reward for shilling the most crap?

From what I understand, the trip itself is paid for to those that qualify.  Transportation to and from the port is on the consultant, as well as cruise cost for your spouse, if you are taking one.  I'm not sure if meals are provided, but for sure cocktails are not covered.  Dress codes are in effect and rah-rah pep rallies are mandatory.  It seems that this year because so many top consultants have bailed out of the organization, they allowed those that didn't qualify to hop on board if they paid their own cruise cost.

If I were considering a cruise, I would ensure that it was not one that was also booked by the gaggle of LLNo geese, awash in a sea of polyester.  Could you just imagine being a captive audience for the duration of your cruise listening to their inspiring chants.  Living my Why!  Because I Can!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Ha! I bet there are 3 or 4 in the Greenville NC area.   There are a few near Phoenix, and it is just about 2 and a half hours from Flagstaff;  I see a daytrip in Janelle's future.  Every 3 or 4 years we eat at one when we are traveling.

My family's Thanksgiving Waffle House tradition began the year I had surgery and couldn't cook. They went to Waffle House on Thanksgiving and every year since. I wasn't happy about it at first but we have the same waitress every year, who is a sweetie. We play lots of tunes on the jukebox. The same old geezers are there, watching a game on a portable that is as old as they are. The pile of bacon on our table is a tall as a moutain.  (I cook the traditional meal the day after Thanksgiving.)  Oh yeah, Janelle, Waffle House is da' bomb!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I got stressed out just reading this.  I am sitting nearby with popcorn and cheap chardonnay for when this ship finally sinks.

Meri will hang on to the sinking ship with the same tenacity she has demonstrated in her sunk marriage.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/20/2019 at 10:07 AM, ginger90 said:

809A639C-ABF1-4038-84FB-C885E527E1D2.jpeg

4E32C61F-EBD8-42DF-A518-08506E368E99.jpeg

06B8EA84-BE60-4F70-9FF8-1BE8A83978B7.jpeg

* "My routines become harder and harder to maintain": YOU DON'T HAVE A ROUTINE! 

* "It takes me 3 days post travel to quiet my body down again": From what, all the sitting?

* "I work to seek out stillness": Yeah, we get it. You're really good at that. It definitely shows by the zero progress you've made with your fitness.

Janelle, just quit this "Strive" nonsense. It's apparent you were a bear in a past life and that your only goal is to eat enough so that you can hibernate for long periods of time. 

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

We were on a ship last year that was the one Meri was on for her LulaNO cruise a couple of months previous.  They were still using the LulaNO-stamped cocktail napkins on the ship.  I kept one as a souvenir.  LOL.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I got stressed out just reading this.  I am sitting nearby with popcorn and cheap chardonnay for when this ship finally sinks.

Same here.  LOL at "dog shit" prints.  What a sad scam.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, neh said:

My family's Thanksgiving Waffle House tradition began the year I had surgery and couldn't cook. They went to Waffle House on Thanksgiving and every year since. I wasn't happy about it at first but we have the same waitress every year, who is a sweetie. We play lots of tunes on the jukebox. The same old geezers are there, watching a game on a portable that is as old as they are. The pile of bacon on our table is a tall as a moutain.  (I cook the traditional meal the day after Thanksgiving.)  Oh yeah, Janelle, Waffle House is da' bomb!

Waffle House, the name alone fills my noggin with with that glorious image of a voluptuous plate piled sky-high with that manna of scattered, smothered, covered, chunked and diced goodness, with 2 sunny-side-up eggs resting lackadaisically atop that golden mess.  Riding shotgun is a couple slices of raisin toast for the sopping up. Nom, nom, nom. If heaven ain't got a WH, then I ain't going!!!

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

"Training?  LuLaRoe training is a bunch of ladies wearing 3 to 5 pieces of LuLaRoe each, pattern matched to look like they are trying out for Ringling Brothers."

Can you imagine hundreds of butt ugly prints, too small jacket wearing peeps walking around like T-Rex on one ship ?  giphy.gif 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Twopper said:

Ha! I bet there are 3 or 4 in the Greenville NC area.   There are a few near Phoenix, and it is just about 2 and a half hours from Flagstaff;  I see a daytrip in Janelle's future.  Every 3 or 4 years we eat at one when we are traveling.

Does Maddie live in Greenville NC? 

I think that's where Whitney from Big, Fat, Fabulous life lives... Janelle would have an enormous buddy to Strife with at the waffle shack.  😂

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Does Maddie live in Greenville NC? 

I think that's where Whitney from Big, Fat, Fabulous life lives... Janelle would have an enormous buddy to Strife with at the waffle shack.  😂

Ugh I do not like her!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can understand grandmas wanting to spend time with grand kids. But isn't that the "joy" of having sister wives is that you always have someone to babysit your children? NOT!

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Does Maddie live in Greenville NC? 

I think that's where Whitney from Big, Fat, Fabulous life lives... Janelle would have an enormous buddy to Strife with at the waffle shack.  😂

Twitney lives in Greensboro - although you can probably hear her cackles down to Greenville  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It seems that this year because so many top consultants have bailed out of the organization, they allowed those that didn't qualify to hop on board if they paid their own cruise cost.

Aha! Now I'm going with my original theory that Maddie's "work trip" is the Incentive Cruise. Because training is involved, surely at least a portion of the cost is a deductible business expense. This early in the game, and a good portion of her $5000-$6000 buy-in is a business expense. (The cost of the cruise AND transportation to and from the port).

Grifters gonna grift, and the good ones rarely miss an opportunity. Willing to bet that ToKelti are on board as well. They all signed on with LLN at just the right time ... 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, suomi said:

Grifters gonna grift, and the good ones rarely miss an opportunity. Willing to bet that ToKelti are on board as well. They all signed on with LLN at just the right time ... 

aaaaaaaaaasinking.jpg

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Twitney lives in Greensboro - although you can probably hear her cackles down to Greenville  

Oh okay thanks!  ☺

Share this post


Link to post

I was hoping that Janelle would post something from her visit in my state of NC....it's a lovely day.  Chilly, but perfect otherwise. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, suomi said:

Aha! Now I'm going with my original theory that Maddie's "work trip" is the Incentive Cruise. Because training is involved, surely at least a portion of the cost is a deductible business expense. This early in the game, and a good portion of her $5000-$6000 buy-in is a business expense. (The cost of the cruise AND transportation to and from the port).

Grifters gonna grift, and the good ones rarely miss an opportunity. Willing to bet that ToKelti are on board as well. They all signed on with LLN at just the right time ... 

I am sure that the Browns are considered celebraties at Luluroe. They are tv stars! 😉

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/12/2019 at 6:40 AM, toodles said:

That's also called procrastinating, over thinking and I just don't feel like going out in the rain today.  Wow.  That Janelle is sure a deep and profound  thinker, isn't she.

I had to look up Ayurvedic medicine.  It a practice of relating the mind and body.  It's been around for hundreds of years.

I'm old and get night sweats so it's time to throw my duvet in the wash.  According to ayurvedic medicine, I don't have to because my mind and body aren't ready.  Not because it's a huge pain in the ass to get back on the bed. Good to know!

PS.  The duvet is in the wash.  Further updates as needed.

Putting the duvet cover back on the bed after laundering is the best workout I get. I'm seriously panting and in a sweat by the time I'm done. Shooing cats doesn't make it easier.

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Janelle is the queen of "Do as little as possible" and then pat yourself on the back.. Good job!

The problem with Janelle is she never moves beyond 1 push-up because she LIVES in perpetual inertia wells.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

OMG she spends more time trying to get herself to do something/anything!  I wonder if she is clinically depressed or it is exhausting carrying herself around. And I think she is looking for a quick fix, which doesn't exist. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

2953271D-9DE3-431A-B80D-2A6484CF4DC4.jpeg

I just can’t with this lethargic, uninspiring lump. Every day is always the “beginning” for her, she can never move past that. She tries whatever new potion or nutritional “rock star” she googles, probably trying it once and shelving it because it didn’t work in 30 seconds. 

Janelle is a big fat fraud, despite what her “certification” says. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

I just can’t with this lethargic, uninspiring lump.

There a legions of people out there just like Janelle.  They will try every single thing...once....decide it doesn't work and try the next one trick pony.

The difference, of course, is that she's selling her services as an expert to those stupid enough to sign up.  I seriously doubt there can be more than a handful at this point.  She's been at this for how long and has not moved one inch toward changing her life style.  

I agree with those who say this is just one more tax write off for a failing business.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

There a legions of people out there just like Janelle.  They will try every single thing...once....decide it doesn't work and try the next one trick pony.

The difference, of course, is that she's selling her services as an expert to those stupid enough to sign up.  I seriously doubt there can be more than a handful at this point.  She's been at this for how long and has not moved one inch toward changing her life style.  

I agree with those who say this is just one more tax write off for a failing business.

Yeah.  I’d have compassion for her situation if it weren’t for her “business”.  Out of all the things she could have chosen, “strive” was probably the worst choice possible. The fattest, most lethargic wife becomes a “health coach”?Really? 

I wonder why she doesn’t do something else she might be good at, still have a business write off and not be humiliated by being an epic fail?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TurtlePower said:

Yeah.  I’d have compassion for her situation if it weren’t for her “business”.  Out of all the things she could have chosen, “strive” was probably the worst choice possible. The fattest, most lethargic wife becomes a “health coach”?Really? 

I wonder why she doesn’t do something else she might be good at, still have a business write off and not be humiliated by being an epic fail?

Maybe it's better to have a failing business if it's just a tax write off?

I don't live in the usa so I'm not familiar with their tax laws, deductions...etc

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe it's better to have a failing business if it's just a tax write off?

I don't live in the usa so I'm not familiar with their tax laws, deductions...etc

This.  It's a tax write off or shelter or whatever. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe it's better to have a failing business if it's just a tax write off?

You can deduct all business expenses, plus any expenses for measures you took to save the business. This means you can deduct advertising and marketing, special purchases of inventory to put on sale, and anything the IRS considers "reasonable" and "necessary" to try to save the business.

You can carry large losses forward -- and backward. This means you can apply part of the loss to previous years by filing an amended return, and you can apply the loss to subsequent years when you file your regular tax return. If your deductions are larger than your income, you can carry the loss forward or backward. According to IRS publication 536, you can carry the loss back for two years and forward for up to 20 years. You cannot claim more loss than income for any year using this method. Carry the excess loss forward until you use it up by having more income than the loss in any given year.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

The thing about the deductions though is that you have to have spent the money.  They're deducting what they spent.  It doesn't give them extra cash.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

You can deduct all business expenses, plus any expenses for measures you took to save the business. This means you can deduct advertising and marketing, special purchases of inventory to put on sale, and anything the IRS considers "reasonable" and "necessary" to try to save the business.

You can carry large losses forward -- and backward. This means you can apply part of the loss to previous years by filing an amended return, and you can apply the loss to subsequent years when you file your regular tax return. If your deductions are larger than your income, you can carry the loss forward or backward. According to IRS publication 536, you can carry the loss back for two years and forward for up to 20 years. You cannot claim more loss than income for any year using this method. Carry the excess loss forward until you use it up by having more income than the loss in any given year.

Now you have me thinking Kohola.  Could this have been a motivating factor for Christine, Maddie and Mykelti to hop aboard the floundering LLNo ship?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Watching season 4 and I am gettinf irritated as shit watching  Jennelle inspect her nails Meri makes 70+ place settings for  Thanksgiving dinner.  Shes lazy as shit.  I know Meri is opinionated and critical but come on...Gee i wonder why? 😂

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I live in Greenville, NC, and I am DYING to know why they moved here. It’s so random. Greenville is a very family friendly town, and we are having gorgeous weather, so I hope Janelle is taking Axel to one of our many awesome parks. 

My best guess is that Caleb is working for Grady-White Boats. My husband works in specialized construction, and this area has no shortage of people who can work with their hands and do trades, certainly not necessitating a nation-wide search for candidates. But i suppose Caleb and Maddie wanted to get far away, and here they are! Both the local community college and the local university have nursing programs, so that would suit Maddie’s theoretical career path. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I live in Greenville, NC, and I am DYING to know why they moved here. It’s so random. Greenville is a very family friendly town, and we are having gorgeous weather, so I hope Janelle is taking Axel to one of our many awesome parks. 

Have you seen them out and about yet - do you know where in Greenville they live?  

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I live in Greenville, NC, and I am DYING to know why they moved here. It’s so random. Greenville is a very family friendly town, and we are having gorgeous weather, so I hope Janelle is taking Axel to one of our many awesome parks. 

I suspect Caleb has a friend or family member working in the area that got him hired.  It is too random to move across the country (or the next state) for no reason.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Have you seen them out and about yet - do you know where in Greenville they live?  

I haven’t seen them. Especially if they were decked out in their camo gear, they would - heh -blend right in. Kody with the long hair and blinged out jeans would make me double take, but I would walk past the Brush family and not notice. 

If Caleb works for Grady-White Boats or NACCO Material Handling Group (makes forklifts etc), then I would guess they live on the other side of town. I haven’t seen anything posted here that is identifying. I have looked for her on the local Facebook groups geared towards moms and young families and haven’t seen that she joined.

While she can’t tell me, my friend works for a large ob/gyn practice, and I have told her to be on the lookout.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

MFM, you are on fire today!  Or as our fitness advisor Janelle would say, you are a "rock star."

But rilly, J HAS to make more than one trip to the fridge in a whole hour!  

I'm dying here, birthing tubs!  hahahahaha

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/24/2019 at 5:23 PM, TurtlePower said:

Yeah.  I’d have compassion for her situation if it weren’t for her “business”.  Out of all the things she could have chosen, “strive” was probably the worst choice possible. The fattest, most lethargic wife becomes a “health coach”?Really? 

I wonder why she doesn’t do something else she might be good at, still have a business write off and not be humiliated by being an epic fail?

Didn't she have a pretty good job back in Utah.  She was considered the bread winner along with kody.  I don't know what Meri did.  I know Christine was raising all the kids

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Didn't she have a pretty good job back in Utah.  She was considered the bread winner along with kody.  I don't know what Meri did.  I know Christine was raising all the kids

Janelle had some sort of bookkeeping job and Meri worked with "at risk youth" but was fired when their dick-sharing lifestyle hit the TV screens. Typically eople with no degrees who work with at risk youth are volunteers or earn next to nothing. Janelle's earnings seemed to be on par with Kody's, so his job in "advertising" was probably not that great.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

was fired when their dick-sharing lifestyle hit the TV screens.

I may be incorrect (someone validate the reason) but I don't believe she was fired or at least fired for that.  From what has been posted in the past, she kept taking time off to travel with the Lord High Prophet Brown.

Janelle had a government job which involved finance.  She apparently had a good 401K which she cashed in to finance Brown Clown activities.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I may be incorrect (someone validate the reason) but I don't believe she was fired or at least fired for that.  From what has been posted in the past, she kept taking time off to travel with the Lord High Prophet Brown.

Janelle had a government job which involved finance.  She apparently had a good 401K which she cashed in to finance Brown Clown activities.

I seem to recall on one of the episodes, they went back to the trophy shop Meri had worked for.  The proprietors seemed happy to see her (maybe happy for the publicity). I thought Meri said in a talking head that she had left the job, when the show came out, maybe it was voluntary because it played into the persecution narrative the Brown's were presenting

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

So I wonder before this show started, what would Janelle tell co-workers ? She was a single mom of 6 kids, was she pretending to be divorced ? widowed ? husband left her for another cooch ?  She still probably got some aid from the government as well as Christine. I wish the government would have gone after them for fraud, you can't claim to believe in a lifestyle and want to live it and still get food stamps 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Janelle had some sort of bookkeeping job and Meri worked with "at risk youth" but was fired when their dick-sharing lifestyle hit the TV screens. Typically eople with no degrees who work with at risk youth are volunteers or earn next to nothing. Janelle's earnings seemed to be on par with Kody's, so his job in "advertising" was probably not that great.

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I seem to recall on one of the episodes, they went back to the trophy shop Meri had worked for. 

The trophy shop was in Wyoming or Montana. They visited it on a road trip several seasons ago. She left when they moved to Utah.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

The trophy shop was in Wyoming or Montana. They visited it on a road trip several seasons ago. She left when they moved to Utah.

 

Thanks Galloway Cave, so was it the work with at risk kids that she left when the show came out?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size