Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Yup. NEVER—unless she ditches the “magic potion” for actual WORK that includes consistent diet and exercise. 

It’s deplorable that Janelle selling such dishonesty with pride. It’s disgusting (I think she thinks it’s working). Meanwhile, she’s still a candy-corn and popcorn-inhaling, lying blob. 

Nome of the women in that family doing plexus appears fit or healthy. Christine might be thinner than the rest, but she doesn’t appear fit. Sometimes she looks downright haggard (but, life amongst that family might do that). 

These women are no better than the lying snake oil salesmen of centuries past. 

So true, every time I think about Plexus and Lularoe I think of those old time snake oil salesmen.  I just found an interesting article and a Reddit about why Mormon culture is so into MLMs and direct marketing sales.  They are worth a read and opened my eyes as to why Janelle and the rest of them are so into this crap:

https://religionnews.com/2017/06/20/10-reasons-mormons-dominate-multi-level-marketing-companies/

Actually this goes so far back I remember a guy in my dorm. in college over 40 years ago that was pushing Amway with all the zeal of a missionary.  Turned out he was a Mormon.  I never fell for it.  Everyone avoided the guy and warned each other about him.  He was one of those people that every conversation with him somehow had a way of ending up about Amway.  If he trapped me I'd excuse myself, or told him I had to study for a test, or had no money to buy anything (which was mostly true anyway), or anything else I could think of to get away from him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 10/22/2021 at 7:40 PM, ginger90 said:

81A719EE-8C1E-4264-A3F2-A70F08BBCADC.jpeg

This could have been a great way to reconnect with their birth father. He couldn't spend a few hours with them at the movies? Oh right, Queen Robyn probably does not allow him indoors in fear of King contracting something. I doubt Janelle will see Kody at her new place, they will meet at Prairie Plague on the picnic tables.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Oh Janelle….screenshot from a video, where she moans about it being Monday. She had to get dressed, has had more caffeine than usual, but put lipstick on to help. She has so many errands to do, one of which is Savanah getting her braces off.

90FA6DEF-798E-40F2-B3BD-BDC52A16CCC2.jpeg

• LOL 9
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Oh Janelle….screenshot from a video, where she moans about it being Monday. She had to get dressed, has had more caffeine than usual, but put lipstick on to help. She has so many errands to do, one of which is Savanah getting her braces off.

Maybe she's on plexus withdrawal? I thought that stuff gave her energy for days? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I have been a certifiable certified Strive With Janelle member since 2018, that's how I got my dill.  Never mind that I have in fact gained 37 pounds since I joined, I just haven't found the perfect rockstar combo yet - that's my fault.  I think Plexus is the secret ingredient.  I am going to try stirring it into my daily nutmeg, peppermint and ghee tea concoction and see how it goes!  Fingers crossed!!

Have you tried putting some candy corn in your plexus? Give it a good shake, wait a minute or take a nap and then guzzle it down? I am sure you will be running to the toilet circles around everyone!

• LOL 20
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

90FA6DEF-798E-40F2-B3BD-BDC52A16CCC2.jpeg

Is janelle using filters to look skinny?

in this video she’s got a long horse face with perfect complexion but just a few days ago she posted a short video and her face looked round, chubby and her complexion was red and blotchy like usual 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yet another missed opportunity for Janelle. Any MLM hun would tell you that instead of moaning about Monday, Janelle should have posted about how raring to go she is on Mondays, no matter how busy, because of all the energy she gets from Plexus. It’s always about the positive to sell, sell, sell. I think Plexus is a load of crap and that MLM culture is batshit crazy, but Jesus, Janelle, if you have to sell this shit, at least do it well. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Never mind that I have in fact gained 37 pounds since I joined, I just haven't found the perfect rockstar combo yet - that's my fault. 

Clearly you are not trying hard enough.  Better take some more motivational classes from Meri.  She'll teach you how to bankrupt dowliners succeed.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Yet another missed opportunity for Janelle. Any MLM hun would tell you that instead of moaning about Monday, Janelle should have posted about how raring to go she is on Mondays, no matter how busy, because of all the energy she gets from Plexus. It’s always about the positive to sell, sell, sell. I think Plexus is a load of crap and that MLM culture is batshit crazy, but Jesus, Janelle, if you have to sell this shit, at least do it well. 

I can't believe I am typing this out loud but Janelle should take a peek at Jill Rodrigues' Plexus promotional posts.  Of course that woman is completely BSC in more ways than I can count but wow, does she shill the ever-loving crap out of her Plexus inventory.  I think she made Grand Poo-Bah last month or something like that.  So basically if you took the sloth that is Janelle, combined her with the crazed insanity of JillRod, you might just have the perfect Plexus shiller!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Is she living in a trailer on Coyote Creek ? Dining Al fresco ? Pushing MLM to pay the rent? 

No, she has a restaurant in the middle of nowhere, and the chef uses a different rockstar ingredient every night at dinner. Breakfast is plexus smoothies and coyote shaped Rice Krispie treats. (Don't worry about the digestive issues, as no one ever has to poop in a Hallmark movie!)

• LOL 16

I never had grits growing up in the NE, I had no idea what they were when I did finally try them. I thought they were another way to do potatoes with eggs/bacon breakfast. I dumped some ketchup on them and nearly lost it right there at the Waffle House as my then boyfriend was laughing his butt off.

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I never had grits growing up in the NE, I had no idea what they were when I did finally try them. I thought they were another way to do potatoes with eggs/bacon breakfast. I dumped some ketchup on them and nearly lost it right there at the Waffle House as my then boyfriend was laughing his butt off.

With this grit discussion, all I can think of is the movie My Cousin Vinny where Joe Pesci says this: 

image.jpeg.9da96a3ac3d6f0f5d530fc1775c212fb.jpeg

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Cheese grits are one of the most delicious things on earth, and I am going to make a big bowl of them for dinner. However, I will not be having it with a Plexus chaser. 

Originally from the Northeast, I love polenta with a pork ragu or roasted mushrooms.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Cheese grits are one of the most delicious things on earth, and I am going to make a big bowl of them for dinner. However, I will not be having it with a Plexus chaser. 

I mostly like mine with butter but have had cheese grits before and they are good.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Pulling Savanah out of school again?

Our schools here in Wisconsin are allowing students the option to 100% distance learn if they are more comfortable doing so.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9BDA78AA-AA30-4933-95BD-2F6AFAC30A72.jpeg

605B18E7-F6D2-4EDE-9F55-FAC40803A313.jpeg

Evie seems to be a Barbie girl.  I was one, many moons ago!

2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Now we know where the ass-fire horses came from! And of course there is no rain/no water in the wishbooks - she was poring over them, not pouring.

Ass-fire!  🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I’m from NC and the grits upthread appear to be yellow grits, which appear buttery, but they still need butter. Imo, you can’t eat grits without butter. 🙀 They are similar to polenta.  I doubt that I would like them, if I had not grown up with them as a staple.  In the south, grits are commonly served multiple times a week.   It’s not something I would consider serving if I was watching the calories, but I forget. Janelle doesn’t distract herself with things like that.  Lol

Looks like they had a nice Halloween. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m from NC and the grits upthread appear to be yellow grits, which appear buttery, but they still need butter. Imo, you can’t eat grits without butter. 🙀 They are similar to polenta.  I doubt that I would like them, if I had not grown up with them as a staple.  In the south, grits are commonly served multiple times a week.   It’s not something I would consider serving if I was watching the calories, but I forget. Janelle doesn’t distract herself with things like that.  Lol

Looks like they had a nice Halloween. 

True.  The only time I ate grits regularly, was when money was tight and I bought a large bag, i think they were the Quaker brand.  With 60 servings and ended up being a little cheaper than oatmeal.   Anyone trying to lose weight needs to avoid most grains.  Actually steel cut oats is a better option.  

The best grits I've had were at Papadeaux's with shrimp creole.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe that’s why J is smiling. She found a use for them after all 😂

Both look happy. Janelle has no real husband and Maddie's works out of town a lot.

Did they ever have that joint weight loss challenge that they were announcing ~3 weeks before it was supposed to start in September(?). Janelle was stocking up on candy corn. Then she went travelling and I don't recall either of them mentioning the challenge again.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
On 10/24/2021 at 7:26 AM, Cetacean said:

Can't speak for everyone, obviously, but we used just coconut oil out of a jug, no additives.  Are they perhaps calling the carbohydrates "sugar"? 

I have never in my life had sweet plain popcorn - I would certainly think 30 teaspoons of sugar (2/3 cup) in a serving would be discernible!  Commercail poppers make up to 75 pounds of popcorn in an hour - that would require pounds of sugar if it were truly added.

Maybe it is in the 'butter fat' that is used in place of real butter.  That is what was used in the theater I worked at years ago.  Horrible stuff by the way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1