Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Savannah's hands are dirty. What is wrong with Janelle? My mom would not have taken the picture if any of us showed up with hands like that. 

When I blew the photo up, I see what you mean.  It's almost as if she has had her hands in some type of greenish-gray dye, a bit of bleach followed by lots of hand lotion could have fixed that.

• Love 5

Apart from the dress, I think Savanah looks lovely.  To me, she is the forgotten child and has to stay in an RV in the middle of nowhere with her mom, so I'll always have a soft spot for her. 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, jojo3couleurs said:

Something seems off about her body proportions... can't put my finger on what it is though...

She’s copying Meri’s style in that her jacket is way too small. I think that’s what is throwing things off. 

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

Now they need to buy the right size clothes.

Savanah is a beautiful girl but wow, that dress looks to be so tight I wonder if she can take a deep breath.  She just doesn't have the glowy kind of smile like her sisters, and there's no picture of her date (maybe she went solo).

She just doesn't look all that happy, IMO.  I think she might be the most damaged from this lifestyle, her mother, her absent dad, and having to grow up on television.  I really hope that one of her siblings takes her under their wing when she gets old enough to move away from Janelle, and that Janelle isn't trying to guilt her into staying.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Elodia said:

Apart from the dress, I think Savanah looks lovely.  To me, she is the forgotten child and has to stay in an RV in the middle of nowhere with her mom, so I'll always have a soft spot for her. 

I agree but I would have done something different with her hair. The wild “just got out of the shower and dried my hair-do” is too much for that small lovely face of her. Even a simple updo would have been a huge improvement (and creates a more festive look)

• Useful 4

We don't know what Savanah's friends are wearing or how they wear their hair. She is going to the dance which I am guessing means she has at least one friend to go with. She seems too shy to head out on her own.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I agree but I would have done something different with her hair. The wild “just got out of the shower and dried my hair-do” is too much for that small lovely face of her. Even a simple updo would have been a huge improvement (and creates a more festive look)

Unfortunately, Savanah lacks female role-models. I'm sure, if she lived closer to Christine or some of her sisters, she would have better styling advisors. I don't think Janelle can be of any help, even if she wanted to. Sadly, Ysabel, who is closest to her in age, lives far away. With Maddie of all people, who doesn't even follow Savanah on Instagram. 

3 minutes ago, Elodia said:

With Maddie of all people, who doesn't even follow Savanah on Instagram. 

It may have been Savanah's choice not to be included in Maddie's wedding party, but I would think with only 2 girls in a family of 6 kids there would have been a closer bond between the two of them.  Maybe Savanah didn't play suitable homage to Maddie as the Queen Bee.  Sometimes I wonder if Maddie is actually Meri's daughter, they share so many unlikable traits.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Most kids don’t like their pics taken. Maybe that’s why Savanna looks pained. I hope she had a good time at the dance.

Savanah reminds me of my teenage self.  Shy, big-busted, smile without showing teeth, long hair that's got a mind of its own.  At least she's going to prom, something I never did.  But yeah, the dress looks uncomfortable.  My daughter went to her prom in a long black velvet dress, with her best friend who's since become her husband.  

Savanah and Truely are among my favorite Brown kids, for sure.  It must hurt them to see the attention he's since showered on Robyn's kids, and feeling ignored.  Kootie is a dirtbag father.

6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It may have been Savanah's choice not to be included in Maddie's wedding party, but I would think with only 2 girls in a family of 6 kids there would have been a closer bond between the two of them.  Maybe Savanah didn't play suitable homage to Maddie as the Queen Bee.  Sometimes I wonder if Maddie is actually Meri's daughter, they share so many unlikable traits.

I totally agree.  Even though my sister and I were 5 1/2 years apart in age, we were each other's maid/matron of honor.  

I also used to think Mykelti was Meri's daughter.  One of the least likable M foursome (Meri, Mariah, Maddie, and Mykelti.)  

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, Elodia said:

With Maddie of all people, who doesn't even follow Savanah on Instagram. 

What's up with that, I wonder?  Can you see if Savanah's brothers follow her?  Or her half/step-siblings?

I hate that we live in a world where we tend to read a lot into who is following who, but it seems odd that Maddie wouldn't follow her sister.  But if we're going down that particular rabbit hole, we could probably create a 150 page document with these people about who is following who and make a very big dill out of it. :)

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What's up with that, I wonder?  Can you see if Savanah's brothers follow her?  Or her half/step-siblings?

I hate that we live in a world where we tend to read a lot into who is following who, but it seems odd that Maddie wouldn't follow her sister.  But if we're going down that particular rabbit hole, we could probably create a 150 page document with these people about who is following who and make a very big dill out of it. :)

I totally agree! I'm not even very active on SM, in fact I didn't even register that problem with Whatsapp, FB and IG a few days ago. Someone here oder over at reddit actually went to the trouble of compiling a list of the names and who follows whom in the Brown family. A friend of mine follows a few of them on IG, and she told me a few weeks ago that Maddie doesn't follow Savanah. My fried had Covid at that time, and too much time on her hands, and she was watching the reruns of Maddie's wedding and pitied Savanah, so that's where she got the idea to check them out😊

• Love 5

I looked at who Savanah follows. She has over 2,000 followers, I don’t have the patience to look through that many!

She “follows”:

Aspyn, Mitch, Logan, Michelle, Hunter, Gabe, Gwendlyn, Paedon, Maddie, Caleb, Janelle, Truely, Kody, Tony, Mykelti, Aurora, Christine, Robyn, and Ysabel.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I looked at who Savanah follows. She has over 2,000 followers, I don’t have the patience to look through that many!

She “follows”:

Aspyn, Mitch, Logan, Michelle, Hunter, Gabe, Gwendlyn, Paedon, Maddie, Caleb, Janelle, Truely, Kody, Tony, Mykelti, Aurora, Christine, Robyn, and Ysabel.

Not Meri...?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Not Meri...?

I scanned quickly, let me look again. 🏃‍♀️ 

Edited to add: No Meri! She didn’t even occur to me. 🤣😂🤣

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 10/5/2021 at 7:30 PM, ginger90 said:

6731F0CD-2AC1-4E33-9773-C863E6A30C35.jpeg

F28F8633-DCE7-4830-876F-0DD59D662769.jpeg

I’m not wild about the outfit, but she’s quite lovely, imo.  She reminds me so much of Kate Hudson some years ago when she starred in Almost Famous, my favorite movie.  Check it out if you haven’t seen it.  It’s awesome.  Here’s some photos of Kate in the movie.  Man, hair, lips and eyes very similar to Savanah.  Amazing. 

https://www.today.com/popculture/kate-hudson-reminisces-about-almost-famous-her-director-co-stars-t188019

• Love 7
On 10/3/2021 at 10:40 PM, ginger90 said:

This woman……..

3B57E43C-867A-4C20-8635-1C0E653CE0EB.jpeg

46504379-8C7B-4581-B094-89652FAA267E.jpeg

26823AB6-0270-4D9F-8362-53315C3C6430.jpeg

76745382-3763-493D-AAE2-669A8EAFA7E3.jpeg

Oh boy... I missed this post and actually thought you guys meant the IV thingy as a joke. It's a typical Janelle stupidity after all; doing something 'healthy' and lazy.

To be honest, those pics and her story anger me. This woman really has no clue! Twelve years ago I got a severe food poisoning when 6 months pregnant and got admitted after 5 days of hardly any food or water intake and can tell you exactly what that feels like. It's awful and you're completely drained of every speck of energy too.  I spent 2.5 days hooked up on a fast flowing IV.  So shut up about hydrating😡

• Love 14
On 10/6/2021 at 11:47 AM, Sandy W said:

Im only speculating based on my very scant knowledge of family dynamics. ...Until Savannah came along, Maddie was The Girl of J's family. She might have some resentment. It happens.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Im only speculating based on my very scant knowledge of family dynamics. ...Until Savannah came along, Maddie was The Girl of J's family. She might have some resentment. It happens.

I wouldn't have ever thought of that, but it makes a lot of sense.  

• Love 7

image.png.53f6a46939432cef00debad7ac929e13.pngFor some reason, I find Janelle not looking good in this picture… it may be a lack of make up but she  looks so puffy and tired?
I’d  recommend taking another IV bag or a gallon of Plexus, it’ll definitely do you more good than a proper diet, working out or have a full medical exam…(obviously being sarcastic here😉)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, LilyD said:

image.png.53f6a46939432cef00debad7ac929e13.pngFor some reason, I find Janelle not looking good in this picture… it may be a lack of make up but she  looks so puffy and tired?
I’d  recommend taking another IV bag or a gallon of Plexus, it’ll definitely do you more good than a proper diet, working out or have a full medical exam…(obviously being sarcastic here😉)

That's not puffy and tired.  That's Janelle putting on a happy face watching Truely wolf down that snack and annoyance that she didn't slip away from the group and come there on her own so she could indulge herself.

• LOL 4
15 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

That's not puffy and tired.  That's Janelle putting on a happy face watching Truely wolf down that snack and annoyance that she didn't slip away from the group and come there on her own so she could indulge herself.

Oh, no, no, you must have forgotten that thanks to Plexus, Janelle doesn’t have any sugar cravings or need caffeine. She would be happy to sell some to you!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Janelle went but Savanna didn’t? Wonder if Kody is staying in the RV with her? Or maybe she’s the one taking the picture?

I don't think Janelle is with them - she probably heard about the UFO hotel project and found a photo on line. 

I Google Mapped Baker, CA and it's on the 15, if Christine is driving to SoCal from FS she'd be taking the 40.

Also I got stuck in a rabbit hole and found the Kickstarter page for this project. Let's say I'm skeptical that this will actually happen as Baker is out in the middle of nowhere. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 6
On 10/9/2021 at 11:02 AM, Art Of Noiz said:

I could see this. 

Also- Maddie and Savannah are 9 years apart. Given Maddie was out of the house and married at 19 (approximately), half of Savannah’s life they haven’t lived together. Maddie also had other sisters closer to her age to hang out with, and it was LOGAN who was the natural caregiver of that group of kids (not Maddie). I wouldn’t be surprised if Savannah was closer to Logan and Aspyn than Maddie. 

I am glad she’s going to homecoming- the dress is cute, looks a smidge too light but maybe it’s stretchy. I think it would be cuter without the jacket. 

19 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Janelle went but Savanna didn’t? Wonder if Kody is staying in the RV with her? Or maybe she’s the one taking the picture?

I would assume Savannah was the one taking the photo. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I could see this. 

Also- Maddie and Savannah are 9 years apart. Given Maddie was out of the house and married at 19 (approximately), half of Savannah’s life they haven’t lived together. Maddie also had other sisters closer to her age to hang out with, and it was LOGAN who was the natural caregiver of that group of kids (not Maddie). I wouldn’t be surprised if Savannah was closer to Logan and Aspyn than Maddie. 

I am glad she’s going to homecoming- the dress is cute, looks a smidge too light but maybe it’s stretchy. I think it would be cuter without the jacket. 

I would assume Janelle was the one taking the photo. 

Janelle was in the photo at the coffee shop. Or was that in AZ?

• Love 1

If you would like some insight into a mask vs. anti-mask microcosm of society, read the comment section of this photo (unless Janelle deleted them).

If you're smart (unlike me), just scroll right on by and enjoy your day.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If you would like some insight into a mask vs. anti-mask microcosm of society, read the comment section of this photo (unless Janelle deleted them).

If you're smart (unlike me), just scroll right on by and enjoy your day.

Is that a Facebook post?  I would read them if someone posted them here!

This family and their endless vacations.  No wonder the 'wives' are shilling MLM crap (except for dear Robyn since Kootie said she's too pretty to cook and work.)

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is that a Facebook post?  I would read them if someone posted them here!

This family and their endless vacations.  No wonder the 'wives' are shilling MLM crap (except for dear Robyn since Kootie said she's too pretty to cook and work.)

It was still up on Janelle's Instagram about an hour ago when I checked.  Her Instagram is open, you just google Janelle Brown Instagram.

They may be cutting costs by sharing a single hotel room with 2 double beds, but still...

• Love 5
On 10/5/2021 at 1:45 PM, TurtlePower said:

But how can she not see that she’s just REALLY BAD at the health profession? Why can’t she put it aside as a business and get help for herself? How can someone not see how uneducated they are on a subject, despite their efforts? I can empathize a bit as an autistic person—sometimes decision making paralyzes me, but I still know what I’m good at and what I’m not good at. 

I’m not great at geometry. I can get by, but I’ll never be good enough to educate other people on the subject. Unlike Janelle, I know better than to start a tutoring business and fake my way along. I can’t believe she keeps bumbling along with her Strive shit, giving bad—and possibly dangerous—advice. 

On 10/5/2021 at 3:46 PM, Fosca said:

I suspect it's the Dunning-Kruger effect, combined with the fact that she gets huge amounts of praise from her followers for whatever she does and that this is easy and it's something she knows.  Why stop when it's working for her?

I believe it is like Fosca says above.  First rule of business. Know your market/customer. Janelle gets responses when she talks about weight struggles and health.  Strive is such a nonsensical "business".  Janelle literally rambles around vaguely and calls it a "community supporting healthy lifestyle", for all we know it is only to keep her interacting with fans and a tax write off.

ETA: Their true business will always be the show, everything else is just a side gig.

Edited by Roslyn
another thought
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A7A65341-8CE9-4693-9DF7-9A96C7344DFE.jpeg

Janelle must be carb & grease loading for the SPOOKTACULAR SLIMDOWN she & Maddie have planned for later this month. I thought Plexus was supposed to tame your sweet tooth.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Quoting myself because she has since deleted this from her Strive page, and her Instagram. 🤷🏼‍♀️

And here I thought I was a clueless old lady.  Janelle is so, so much worse!

Yeah.  Post about a 'Slimdown' and then post pictures of deep fried stuff.  How stupid.

• Love 11