Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Plus, it looks like focaccia bread.  That has a lot more calories than a regular piece of whole wheat bread, according to everything I read.  It’s sort of like eating two sandwiches, but that’s up to her.  I just wouldn’t showcase eating the equivalent to two lunches.  But, perhaps, she isn’t interested in weight loss.  That doesn’t seem to be her focus….I don’t think.   

But that snake oil she’s peddling with erase everything she eats 🙄 (and she did just admit to doing “nothing else” besides that).  And that is the sign of a terrible health “coach”. Health is about overall well-being, nutrition and paying attention to what goes into your body. Not some magic potion. 

And the thing is, Janelle cannot do it on her own. She needs a gimmick (or her own trainer). And that’s fine, most people need assistance—but most people aren’t out there representing a questionable business. 

• Love 14

Sometimes, with Janelle I just wonder if she is trying to pay the bills.  I get how that might cause her to do what she has to in order to support her family.  I have no idea how much Kody contributes.   And, that’s why she does this crazy stuff that most people would consider misguided.  However, on the other hand she turns around and makes questionable purchasing decisions that seems to indicate she has plenty of money.  To me, if you’re strapped for money why buy pricy sandwiches or take vacations.  I also saw Christine and daughter getting pedicures, since their flight was delayed recently.   Luxury items,  when you’re on a budget?  Idk. It seems odd to me.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 15

I don't follow Janelle on Instagram so I don't know whatever became of her subscription course for Strive. 

Didn't she team up with another "health and wellness coach" to offer training in how to achieve results?  If this has fallen by the wayside in favor of just consuming the magic elixir Plexus, is seems like an enormous waste of energy and time to have set up the course with a partner.

• Love 5

@SunnyBeBe, I don’t think any of them actual budget. They do want they want. I would be surprised if Jenelle is making much money off of Plexus. She doesn’t seem to be as engaged in selling as Meri or Christine are. Frankly, I don’t know why she bothers to sell it or do Strive (does she still do that?) at all. But I suppose she has to do something so that she can complain about how busy she is and how hard it is to get to the gym or cook healthy meals. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I read that social media influencers make a pretty good living.  I’m not influenced that way, so I don’t know how that works.  

I think it's possible, if an individual has something tangible to offer by way of advice on makeup application, hair care/grooming, tips on efficient housecleaning or organization etc.  I assume the income stream comes from the sponsors of the products suggested, in accordance with the number of followers one has.

I somehow think that Maddie has ambitions to become an influencer although I don't see what she is offering aside from Plexus as a magic cure-all.  If it's advice on managing a busy household while parenting, I have several granddaughters that work 9-5, fall into the 25-35 year old demographic, manage kids and their varied activities as well as maintaining immaculate homes and gardens.  They would sneer at Maddie's joyless woe-is-me attitude.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I read that social media influencers make a pretty good living.  I’m not influenced that way, so I don’t know how that works.  

I don’t think that any of the Browns qualify as social media influencers. Successful influencers usually hawk multiple items and have sponsorships and collaborations for which they are paid. Just shilling Plexus or LuLaNoe or Younique via their social media does not make them an influencer; none of those companies are paying them just for plugging Plexus, etc.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTSLcdKAOmY/?utm_medium=share_sheet

can anyone tell me the difference?  All I‘ve noticed is that one is zoomed in close (way too close) and the other is normal.  Not a great selling strategy imo unless your target audience has zero common sense.  Well…

The only difference I see is that in the photo on the right, she seems to have lost a few chins...but...the texture of her skin is awful in the 2nd photo.  They would probably say that's a good thing, as Plexus is flushing all the impurities from her system and soon she will have a peaches and cream complexion.

• Love 3
On 8/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video, where Janelle states she never knew her digestive issues could be corrected. PLEXUS

She talks about it boosting energy. This was right after she said her week has been crazy, and because of this, their group will be delayed a week. 🤦‍♀️ It was supposed to start next Monday but now it will be a week from Monday, or maybe Friday, she’s not sure. 🤦‍♀️

My face gets sore reading/listening to her.

AE91CA85-93DB-4969-A834-F5424A8B0C09.jpeg

Picture from 19th August. 

It's all about camera angles and who knows, Janelle might be learning from Meri about FaceTune. 

On 8/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, iwantcookies said:

I don’t think J is using plexus. She isn’t looking smaller to me.

B8C5628D-3B82-463A-B061-87F54E9100BD.jpeg

And her hair is fried to death.

Photo from less than a month ago.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTSLcdKAOmY/?utm_medium=share_sheet

can anyone tell me the difference?  All I‘ve noticed is that one is zoomed in close (way too close) and the other is normal.  Not a great selling strategy imo unless your target audience has zero common sense.  Well…

I don't think her target audience has any common sense and they're lazy.  None of the helpful hints I've learned online cost me a penny, but I do take the time to select useful search terms and check out several suggestions to find the one that will work best for me.  For instance, for years I wasted time dusting blinds/shutters the usual, inefficient ways.  Then I found the best way. Close blinds, wipe w/microfiber cloth in the "easy" direction, then close them and wipe. Then stand between the window & the blinds and do the same thing on the back side so that all blades and all edges get completely dusted without the strings getting in the way!

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

I don't think she lost any chins.  She is sitting more upright and leaning forward slightly and therefore no extra chins. 

In the photo with Maddie, Janelle is standing a bit behind her which makes her look smaller.  She may not be filtering the shit out of her photos like Meri, but she is definitely using a lot of the "tricks of the trade" that photographers use to make people look better. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
On 8/31/2021 at 6:09 PM, itsadryheat said:

But you'll also find crappie, channel catfish, and flathead catfish, along with walleye and northern pike in Arizona waters.

Well, what we all have learned from the previous seasons: Catfish can also be found in Nevada!

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What’s even more important than the stuff you have on offer: A huge (reallyHUGE!)group of followers, a big appeal to the general public and some beauty and glamour… the Browns probably have more followers than most of us, but don’t have a big appeal and are definitely not glamorous…. Influencing exists because people like to be associated with (famous) people, want to be like them and have what they have.

When I think of Janelle or Maddie, there’s no luxury, no glamour, very little beauty or attractiveness (sorry for being mean) nothing that I could possibly want as well and a very unappealing life.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The comparison, the one on the left is from a post in February, on the right, July: (the originals follow)

D393D2BF-A2DA-4786-8B04-2A270EE7053E.jpeg

93B6B129-D0BF-4AF4-BED9-AFD0C51FD5F5.jpeg

448F62EE-E2F2-42DC-BA86-20F05BED44F9.jpeg

Maybe she learned the trick models do to enhance their jawlines. You try to suck your tongue to the top of your mouth, hold your breath and hope for the best. 

If she has lost weight, good for her, but she won’t be able to rely on Plexus forever. Eventually, she’ll need to do some actual work and walk past the candy corn.

For Janelle, it’s always been about finding the perfect magic potion. Looks like she finally found one she’s sticking with. 

• Love 9
On 8/31/2021 at 8:54 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Plus, it looks like focaccia bread.  That has a lot more calories than a regular piece of whole wheat bread, according to everything I read.  It’s sort of like eating two sandwiches, but that’s up to her.  I just wouldn’t showcase eating the equivalent to two lunches.

Maybe she was inspired by the Panera ad which has  a focaccio sandwich

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 9/1/2021 at 3:58 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Sometimes, with Janelle I just wonder if she is trying to pay the bills.  I get how that might cause her to do what she has to in order to support her family.  I have no idea how much Kody contributes.   And, that’s why she does this crazy stuff that most people would consider misguided.  However, on the other hand she turns around and makes questionable purchasing decisions that seems to indicate she has plenty of money.  To me, if you’re strapped for money why buy pricy sandwiches or take vacations.  I also saw Christine and daughter getting pedicures, since their flight was delayed recently.   Luxury items,  when you’re on a budget?  Idk. It seems odd to me.  

One thing you often see with people who are completely strapped for money is that they won't deny themselves 'luxury' or extras. Their reasoning: "Life is already hard and unfair to me so I deserve to have an extra to ease the pain and to bring some comfort. Besides, I have every right to have this, just like anyone else...."

Yes, this reasoning is absolutely ridiculous, it makes for the infamous vicious circle, you'll never get out because you keep spending money you don't have or should go to more important things. But usually, they don't see it that way.

And yes, there are many exceptions to this. People who do try to live frugal and wisely with the little they have. But a lot simply don't and won't.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Have there been any pictures of Kody inside the RV, or has he only been outside? Janelle, Christine, and Meri are traveling all over like there is no pandemic, whereas I suspect Kody and Robyn are still quarantining. It's an interesting family dynamic, to say the least.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Here’s a review on it.  Not really a weight loss drink, but may help reduce blood sugar. I’m a type I diabetic…I’ll ask my endocrinologist about it.  

KEY PHRASE:  Keep in mind that not a single scientific study has been done on Plexus Slim.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

KEY PHRASE:  Keep in mind that not a single scientific study has been done on Plexus Slim.

Also, while you can find a list of ingredients, there is no way to know how much of a given ingredient this thing contains. I recently looked into it, and came away with the feeling that there may be a harmful amount of chromium, but no way to be sure.

ETA: I'm not considering taking it, I just got curious about what these fools are peddling. The only supplements I take are D3 and Vit. E, the latter recommended by my oncologist to offset symptoms from an estrogen-blocking drug she prescribed.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Also, while you can find a list of ingredients, there is no way to know how much of a given ingredient this thing contains. I recently looked into it, and came away with the feeling that there may be a harmful amount of chromium, but no way to be sure.

ETA: I'm not considering taking it, I just got curious about what these fools are peddling. The only supplements I take are D3 and Vit. E, the latter recommended by my oncologist to offset symptoms from an estrogen-blocking drug she prescribed.

That's really disturbing that Maddie gives it to her kids if there's no ingredients list with actual amounts. 

• Love 10

I don't plan to take Plexus, but looked up the ingredients and one or two of them are diuretics. Weight loss by dehydration rather than fat loss is not healthy. The easiest way to lower sugar levels is to not eat sugar and starchy processed foods in the first place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 9/3/2021 at 8:24 PM, Kellyee said:

Janelle, Christine, and Meri are traveling all over like there is no pandemic, whereas I suspect Kody and Robyn are still quarantining. It's an interesting family dynamic, to say the least.

Traveling? Or are they running/hiding from the mad couple?🤔 
Or maybe slowly and carefully plotting their way out?

• Love 6

I wonder what plans she had that are delayed a little?

Surely she doesn't intend to spend the winter with Maddie, that would entail hauling Savanah out of high school only to return again for the Spring semester.  One thing for Janelle to look forward to in the Spring is that the "pond" will be filled to maximum from melting snow runoff, she may be able to catch a few frogs. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I don’t think any of them are actually taking anything they are shilling or giving them to their kids. I never believe anyone is actually doing so. If you are trying to make money selling this crap, I can’t imagine you would be using the product as well as it would cut into their profit margin. 

Maybe Janelle is waiting for a Kody to tell her what her plans are for the fall. I am sure he will find an even cheaper place for her to live than the RV. Maybe a tent. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

No.  There is money to be made from TLC

Exactly! Which is why I'm thinking they're running/hiding from K&R as much as they can while still formally (well, sort of formally) attached to those two. The less they see of them, the better. As for slowly plotting their way out; I'm thinking jumping off the band wagon as soon as you know there's no more money to make, so no point in staying.

It's a guess of course, who knows what's in the minds of those people. But I do find it typical that they hardly spend time together, that Kody was removed from Christine's mortgage, that he has nothing to do with Meri's business and that Janelle doesn't cost him a thing since she's not in an expensive rental or bought home which requires his signature as well... I think it's only Coyote Pass that ties them together. As for the rest, they're probably free to go as and when they want.

Edited by LilyD
spelling
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It mystifies me why on earth Janelle will do anything to stay in Kootie's good graces.  It's truly baffling.

It may be low self esteem issues.  I don't know what caused the breakup of her marriage to Meri's brother but if he was as domineering as Meri, that may have been a factor.  Janelle may just feel that this is as good as it gets for her.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Serious question - not snarky. Is it possible she actually loves him?

Not snarky at all, it's a very interesting question. 

I wonder if it's a case of being in love with a person when it's not reciprocated, or would it fall into one of Oxford's definitions of fetishism..."excessive or irrational devotion or commitment to a particular thing".  She may be in love with the concept of being Kody's wife even though he has made it clear that he regards her more of a buddy than a romantic interest.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It may be low self esteem issues.  I don't know what caused the breakup of her marriage to Meri's brother but if he was as domineering as Meri, that may have been a factor.  Janelle may just feel that this is as good as it gets for her.

I agree but I also have come to believe that she's somewhat of a masochist and actually likes settling for the crumbs under the table with him.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder if it's a case of being in love with a person when it's not reciprocated, or would it fall into one of Oxford's definitions of fetishism..."excessive or irrational devotion or commitment to a particular thing".  She may be in love with the concept of being Kody's wife even though he has made it clear that he regards her more of a buddy than a romantic interest.

And is it possible she likes it that way?  Several of my women friends say they are glad to be done with “all that”. They love their husbands - just not interested anymore.  There are all kinds of relationships. One of my friends and her husband have two places 6 hours apart. They are together infrequently, talk on the phone several times a day, travel together.  We don’t really know what goes on in the heads or lives if these people 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Serious question - not snarky. Is it possible she actually loves him?

I'm sure she does, but her unquestioning devotion to him, regardless of anything he says and does, just puzzles me.  It's almost like a mother that thinks her child can do no wrong, even when her/his behavior is the worst.  

10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

This makes a lot of sense.  She seems to worship him unquestionably.

• Love 7