Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Fosca said:

Having a belly that droops down low is called an apron.  She definitely has one.  Maddie doesn't look too bad IMO for someone who has had two kids in a relatively short period of time.

Yeah I think Maddie looks the same- she just has a billowy top on. 

I have been either over weight or obese my entire life, since about the age of 2 (I am 35)- my father is the same way before  a time when obesity was as common as it is now.

5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I just read that an apron belly is often caused by having many children.  It is not only caused by being overweight.  Janelle has two causes together.  Her belly looks like it's been stretched out from having all those kids which makes it hang all the worse.  BTW I started developing a "mini apron" after menopause when I only weighed 160 lbs. and wore a women's size 12.  I couldn't understand it because there was seemingly no reason for it.  Plus I never had kids.  Losing weight only shrinks it but it never seems to disappear even with exercise.  So you don't really have to be obese to have one, and men get them too.  It seems to run in families.  I hate to say it but in that photo it looks like Maddie is hiding a belly - that's how it starts.  I also just found out that there is surgery to remove it and that it isn't considered cosmetic with medical justification.  Wow.

Some women (and men) are just shaped that way. I joke that I was blessed by puberty- I have always been fat, but puberty gave me a hour glass figure, small waist, thin face & collar bone area, and I’m 5’7. When you are plus sized it’s much easier to be taller and hourglass shaped. 

I would never judge Janelle for struggling with her weight, or even being content with where she is (it’s very annoying when fat people are constantly expected to be “working on their weight” and not just living their life).

But what gets me is that she tries to give ADVICE on how to lose weight when she hasn’t done it, isn’t doing it etc etc. I can give people advice on many things- being thin ain’t one of those things.😂

• Love 24
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I think Maddie looks the same- she just has a billowy top on. 

I have been either over weight or obese my entire life, since about the age of 2 (I am 35)- my father is the same way before  a time when obesity was as common as it is now.

Some women (and men) are just shaped that way. I joke that I was blessed by puberty- I have always been fat, but puberty gave me a hour glass figure, small waist, thin face & collar bone area, and I’m 5’7. When you are plus sized it’s much easier to be taller and hourglass shaped. 

I would never judge Janelle for struggling with her weight, or even being content with where she is (it’s very annoying when fat people are constantly expected to be “working on their weight” and not just living their life).

But what gets me is that she tries to give ADVICE on how to lose weight when she hasn’t done it, isn’t doing it etc etc. I can give people advice on many things- being thin ain’t one of those things.😂

I’m jealous of your hourglass shape!   I’m 5”11 and about 40 lbs overweight and apple-ish.  I also have the menopause belly. Blah. 
I’m not judging on weight.  I’m not skinny.  But I’m not out there trying to sell pink crap and publicly Thriving. 

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

314063A5-500D-4C9C-A670-E92ACF727E06.jpeg

Gah!!!  Her toenails are all different lengths!!!!

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

About the post with the picture of Maddie.  I really thought the post was a satire written by one of our clever people.  Was the actually a real post??  Unbelievable.

It was real. Believe it or not, much like the fact Janelle’s shoes are Skechers. Why did she say that anyway? It’s such a shock? 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, jojo3couleurs said:

I wanted to answer Janelle's post telling her how I lost (and kept off) 50lbs by eating low carb and doing intermittent fasting. All that being FREE!

Jason Fung's books are the only investment she should make.

Shocked Oh My God GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Did the same thing after my diabetes dx in 2012 (fbg 243 A1c 9.5%). Except I went a step further going low carb/high fat/keto with intermittent fasting. Dropped 50 #'s in a few months and lowered my A1c to normal range (never above 5.7% since) also have never gained the weight back. Last A1c in mid July was 5.2%.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

OK, since this is a "snark" forum ... here goes .... (and no I am not talking about the fellow snarkers, just Janelle LOL)

I hate long toenails ... ewwww, the sh*t that must get under them !!   :)

I see on her left foot, the other toes we see are short where nasty stuff doesn't get under the nails ... but ... eww big toe long nail, gross !! IE look at the right one.  Does she have something going on where she wants all of her toenails short except for on her big toe ??

Edited by TammyInNH
edit
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, TammyInNH said:

OK, since this is a "snark" forum ... here goes .... (and no I am not talking about the fellow snarkers, just Janelle LOL)

I see on her left foot, the other toes we see are short where nasty stuff doesn't get under the nails ... but ... eww big toe long nail, gross !! IE look at the right one.  Does she have something going on where she wants all of her toenails short except for on her big toe ??

Yes!!! That’s what I was talking about!!   That big ole toenail is gonna make a hole in any closed toe shoes she wears.  Barf. 
I remember a few years ago at a nail salon I frequented.  They were doing tips on toenails and the girls working there had them.  Flip flops only with giant French manicure toenails sticking inches out. 
I’m scarred for life.  I hate feet, mine included. 

Edited by Meowwww
Spelling
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Yes!!! That’s what I was talking about!!   That big ole toenail is gonna make a hole in any closed toe shoes she wears.  Barf. 
I remember a few years ago at a nail salon I frequented.  They were doing tips on toenails and the girls working there had them.  Flip flops only with giant French manicure toenails sticking inches out. 
I’m scarred for life.  I hate feet, mine included. 

I don’t like feet either. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, TammyInNH said:

I'm with you.  I have to be gross here and say, I don't see how women that have Super! Long fingernails wipe themselves.  I saw a commercial today where one of the Krapdashian women (Khloe?) had (probably) fake nails that looked to be at least 3 inches long.

Topic:  those sandals look like children's sandals.  They remind me of ones my daughter wore as a kid in the 80's.  The name escapes me now, but they were cute on a 4 year old.

Janelle at least painted her toenails, so we can't rilly see how dirty they probably are underneath!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I hate feet, mine included. 

Ditto.  Feet are actually an engineering marvel; 26 bones, 30 joints and more than 100 muscles, tendons and ligaments and able to hold us upright no matter how much we weigh.  But I still hate them, so ugly overall.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I love Skechers, but those look like sandals my grandma wore in the 1950s.

Those sandals look like ones I used to wear to play outside in 1994, when I was 8/9 years old. 

I love a comfy sandal though so I’m not mad at her but they remind me of my childhood. 

8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Topic:  those sandals look like children's sandals.  They remind me of ones my daughter wore as a kid in the 80's.  The name escapes me now, but they were cute on a 4 year old.

Yes!

10 hours ago, TammyInNH said:

I think the toenails are pretty much the same length- one foot is just pointed away from us and one foot is pointed towards us. It’s a perspective thing maybe??

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, sandals said:

They are really big!! Not cute😞

Apropos screen name there, sandals! 🤣 

The part around her ankle and side of foot looks like it would rub and make blisters or raw spots. My feet are getting sympathy red marks and pre-blisters just from looking at the pic!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, sandals said:

They are really big!! Not cute😞

I never knew that clodhoppers also came in sandal form. Did Meri snap up a pair too?

Skechers actually make several other styles of sandals that are not so clodhoppery.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m surprised that Jenelle gets pedicures. You know she can’t do it herself. 

Now I'm reminded of Arnelle in Steel Magnolias, when referring to Ouiser.  "I just hate working on her feet."

Janelle's apron must get in the way when doing anything physical.  Wasn't Plexis supposed to the magic cure she wants?  🤪

• LOL 6
44 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now I'm reminded of Arnelle in Steel Magnolias, when referring to Ouiser.  "I just hate working on her feet."

Janelle's apron must get in the way when doing anything physical.  Wasn't Plexis supposed to the magic cure she wants?  🤪

Brings to mind another movie, maybe this is As Good As It Gets.😞

• Love 5
18 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm with you.  I have to be gross here and say, I don't see how women that have Super! Long fingernails wipe themselves.  I saw a commercial today where one of the Krapdashian women (Khloe?) had (probably) fake nails that looked to be at least 3 inches long.

Janelle at least painted her toenails, so we can't rilly see how dirty they probably are underneath!

Maybe they have a bidet toilet that does all the washing/drying, etc without the need to touch or for paper. Costco now sells those toilet seats that go on a normal toilet.  Need an electrical connection.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m surprised that Janelle gets pedicures. You know she can’t do it herself. 

It's not a good pedicure. She probably makes Savannah paint them. Her toenails look thick, a sign of age and neglectful foot care. 

• Love 4

I don’t know if her nails are thick, but a fungal infection, circulatory problems, and wearing shoes that are too tight can cause them, among other things.

Given her lack of prompt medical attention for other things that should be of concern, we may see a post about foot problems in the future. “I didn’t think much about it.”.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/13/2021 at 3:09 PM, TurtlePower said:

A few days ago she was talking about candy corn. This woman can’t even keep track of her own bullshit. 

But hey, I'll bet that if she dropped a handful of candy corn IN her pink drink, they'd immediately dissolve and voila!  Halloween candy-flavored Plexus!  Best of both worlds!

On 8/14/2021 at 12:23 AM, Art Of Noiz said:

I rarely comment on someone's size. I'm guessing Janelle weighs more now than she did at the 1st weigh in at the gym.  

I just rewatched the ep where the Browns do that discussion panel with Christine's aunt ("do not put words in my mouth, sweetie" - Robyn Brown...remember)?  I did a double-take when Janelle walked in wearing a red blazer - it was the thinnest I think she has ever been on this entire show's run.  And of course, at the time she was working with Trainer Sean and actually putting in hard exercise and changing her food habits.  And IT WORKED.  So for some reason, after having had pretty drastic success, she's reverted back to trying the Rockstar of the Week club and completely ignoring what gave her such success the first time.  And her weight really wouldn't matter one bit except that she's constantly trying to sell herself as a health coach.  She is the one who CONSTANTLY puts a spotlight on her weight, yet is doing no real work to actually change it, and is probably doing herself harm in the meantime.

• Love 18

Ref. Toenails.  I recently took my dad for a visit to a podiatrist.  Turns out insurance is really picky about coverage.  They don’t cover anything considered cosmetic. Daddy needed his nails trimmed and buffed. One had grown incorrectly.   So, daddy paid out of pocket.  Not much choice, as you sit with your bare feet out.  I asked the doctor about nail salons….spas…..well, he said it’s risky.  Even before covid.  And totally not for me as a type I diabetic.  I’m doing my own nails, but I’m not so great at it.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. Toenails.  I recently took my dad for a visit to a podiatrist.  Turns out insurance is really picky about coverage.  They don’t cover anything considered cosmetic. Daddy needed his nails trimmed and buffed. One had grown incorrectly.   So, daddy paid out of pocket.  Not much choice, as you sit with your bare feet out.  I asked the doctor about nail salons….spas…..well, he said it’s risky.  Even before covid.  And totally not for me as a type I diabetic.  I’m doing my own nails, but I’m not so great at it.  

Taking this to small talk.

• Love 3

Do we have to guess who picked up Breanna?

Since she has recently acquired her learner's permit, she may have her own car by now.

Edited by Sandy W
confused AuroraBreanna
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 8/18/2021 at 6:50 AM, ginger90 said:

Video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSsMy__Jwbe/

The result:

D36E02CA-6427-4ACB-B296-C3DA5DE4B8D1.jpeg

Does anyone speak fluent "Strive?"  What happened here - Savanah was stuck at school for two hours and Gabe picked her up?  Because Janelle was busy doing....what, exactly?  Taking a skinny-dip in Plague Pond?  Napping with her phone turned off?  Working so hard on her next Plexus post that she forgot that she had a kid named Savanah?  Doesn't Breanna go to the same school?  Why couldn't Robyn or Kody - oh, lol - never mind, I won't finish that last question.

EDIT: I'm thinking most of my questions would have answers if I watched the video, but that's not going to happen.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 19
31 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Does anyone speak fluent "Strive?"  What happened here - Savanah was stuck at school for two hours and Gabe picked her up?  Because Janelle was busy doing....what, exactly?  Taking a skinny-dip in Plague Pond?  Napping with her phone turned off?  Working so hard on her next Plexus post that she forgot that she had a kid named Savanah?  Doesn't Breanna go to the same school?  Why couldn't Robyn or Kody - oh, lol - never mind, I won't finish that last question.

EDIT: I'm thinking most of my questions would have answers if I watched the video, but that's not going to happen.

Savannah and the other students had to shelter in place due to flooding.  Janelle was on the road when it was announced and she got stuck in traffic due to the flooding in town.

Note: she said no flooding in Coyote Pass.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Elodia said:

Yeah, right, Janelle! 😂

Screenshot_20210819_170323_com.whatsapp.jpg

Oh, puleeeze!  Janelle, you are far from healthy from all appearances, so is this an ad for "strife" or Plexus?  Whatever it is, I'm sure I don't need any of your so-called "health coaching."  You're nuts.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Elodia said:

Yeah, right, Janelle! 😂

Screenshot_20210819_170323_com.whatsapp.jpg

This has got to be one of the most dishonest things she has ever posted (just days after talking about caving to candy). 

Janelle is a half-witted, deceptive, slothful imbecile. Why should anyone buy what this candy-corn eating couch commando is selling? 

• Love 9

Screenshot from a video, where Janelle states she never knew her digestive issues could be corrected. PLEXUS

She talks about it boosting energy. This was right after she said her week has been crazy, and because of this, their group will be delayed a week. 🤦‍♀️ It was supposed to start next Monday but now it will be a week from Monday, or maybe Friday, she’s not sure. 🤦‍♀️

My face gets sore reading/listening to her.

AE91CA85-93DB-4969-A834-F5424A8B0C09.jpeg

• LOL 11
  • Love 1