Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

I just found the obituary of Merlin Fryer, said "person who stepped up and took responsibility" for Janelle's mom and her two daughters and there is no mention of Janelle. He is "survived by his parents and his daughters and Mericia, Myra, and Carrie" (who is Janelle's sister). Makes me wonder....

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Elodia said:

I just found the obituary of Merlin Fryer, said "person who stepped up and took responsibility" for Janelle's mom and her two daughters and there is no mention of Janelle. He is "survived by his parents and his daughters and Mericia, Myra, and Carrie" (who is Janelle's sister). Makes me wonder....

That made me wonder too when I found it after Janelle's mother died.  I suspect Merlin, Mericia, Myra, and Carrie ditched Janelle when she foresook their religion for the Polygamist Cult of Kody. 

It is curious that Janelle didn't mention Kootie's father, who she did have contact with, or her own childrens' sperm donor. Or do they both fall in the "all the different kinds of dads" category.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It didn’t sound like a dis of her stepfather to me.  Does anyone how he died at such an early age?

A couple years ago janelle posted something about a man in her life dying of cancer but I’m not sure if it was that step dad…. Was it her mother who was also married to Kodys dad?

what did Kodys dad die from?… maybe it was him she was referring to… they have such complicated families. 

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

A couple years ago janelle posted something about a man in her life dying of cancer but I’m not sure if it was that step dad…. Was it her mother who was also married to Kodys dad?

what did Kodys dad die from?… maybe it was him she was referring to… they have such complicated families. 

Fryer's obituary is from 1995. 

Sheryl and Winn partnered in 92, a few months before Janelle and Kody married in 93. Both entered  polygamy, so that may be why they weren't listed in obit. 

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Added
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Fryer's obituary is from 1995. 

Sheryl and Winn partnered in 92, a few months before Janelle and Kody married in 93. Both entered  polygamy, so that may be why they weren't listed in obit. 

I think I’m confused… Janelle had her bio dad who died when she was 3, then she had a step dad, then her mom married Kodys dad?

so she’s had 3 dads?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think I’m confused… Janelle had her bio dad who died when she was 3, then she had a step dad, then her mom married Kodys dad?

so she’s had 3 dads?

There was Janelle’s father, he passed away. Then she remarried, and they divorced. Then she married Kody’s father. So technically 3 dads.

Janelle’s mother’s obituary mentions the step dad’s children, but his did not mention Janelle and her siblings.

An odd “family” in many ways.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

There was Janelle’s father, he passed away. Then she remarried, and they divorced. Then she married Kody’s father. So technically 3 dads.

Janelle’s mother’s obituary mentions the step dad’s children, but his did not mention Janelle and her siblings.

His obit mentioned Carrie who is Janelle's sister. Janelle isn't mentioned though.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I knew this bit, but had never realised until now that 

• Janelle’s 2nd stepdad actually doubled as her father-in-law then
  • That she technically “married” her stepbrother…

Wow, that looks awkward…

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Understatement of the year, for sure!  First her mom marries her soon to be father-in-law, then she divorces her brother-in-law to marry Kody, technically her step-brother.  Do I have that right?  

These people.

EDIT: @LilyD - great minds, lol!!

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elodia said:

His obit mentioned Carrie who is Janelle's sister. Janelle isn't mentioned though.

So strange……

Here’s part of Janelle’s mother’s obituary:

D164989A-E9C4-4C46-B718-4D12073C0674.jpeg

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

I think Janelle was shunned from Merlin's family when she joined the AUB from mainstream LDS, and that's why they didn't mention her in his obit. AFAIK, Carrie is still mainstream LDS so I guess she got to be included.

It says that Janelle's mother was sealed to Janelle's father in the LDS temple, so does that mean she goes to his planet and not Winn's in the afterlife? Or does it not count because she converted?

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Adiba said:

I think Janelle was shunned from Merlin's family when she joined the AUB from mainstream LDS, and that's why they didn't mention her in his obit. AFAIK, Carrie is still mainstream LDS so I guess she got to be included.

It says that Janelle's mother was sealed to Janelle's father in the LDS temple, so does that mean she goes to his planet and not Winn's in the afterlife? Or does it not count because she converted?

Sorry, I can't think of anything else right now other than those rusted pots the page earlier... hope Savannah got a tetnus shot

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Sorry, I can't think of anything else right now other than those rusted pots the page earlier... hope Savannah got a tetnus shot

Ha ha.  Once Janelle was posting a pic of one of her rockstar dinner recipes but in the background you could see every surface covered with dirty plates, half eaten lunches & breakfasts.  It took weeks to get that picture out of my head ... but now I've conjured it back, along with the rusted pots.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Ha ha.  Once Janelle was posting a pic of one of her rockstar dinner recipes but in the background you could see every surface covered with dirty plates, half eaten lunches & breakfasts.  It took weeks to get that picture out of my head ... but now I've conjured it back, along with the rusted pots.

For someone striving to make a living encouraging others to balance their lives, she sets a very poor example.

Baby steps though, she has rid herself of the chipped crockery, wears a touch of makeup now and has learned to look heavenward to minimize her multi chins.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Is that the RV Garrison remodeled? If so,  I wonder if Janelle, Savannah, Gabe and Garrison will all be living there.  

Comparing her life to her sister wives, I feel bad for her.  But apparently she's fine with her life choices, so I'm not sure why I care.  🤷🏽‍♀️

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

CB3004B4-668F-4183-8576-D0855C5BD27B.jpeg

BD6420E1-CDEC-49C2-AB80-1B5016506A3D.jpeg

Depending on how many are going to be living there, she will have to hook up and drive to a truck stop or commercial campground to dump her waste tanks and replenish the water tanks every few days or so.

I also wonder if she checked zoning bylaws, if the property is zoned residential, she may encounter some irate neighbors that might consider this a blight if they have invested $500,000 - $1,000,000 on a home within viewing distance.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

Well, lots of you called this wacky move.

I bet the neighbors are having conniptions.  You can't just park an RV wherever you want, for heavens sake.  And has been mentioned, there are all of the utilities that are required.  Those holding tanks don't hold all that much unless she's going to contribute to Prairie Dog Plague Pond with her waste water.

• Love 19

Can't say I didn't think this was how she was going to end up. She has had "nomad" in her genes for a long time. This may be the best thing that could have happened to her to help her break away.

• Love 11
(edited)

I'm not at all surprised and I don't think she's put much thought into this decision. 

Typical. 

So what about all her crap? I guess it goes into a pod or storage space.

Oh and I wanted to add something about the fact that there will be a complete lack of privacy - everyone seems to know where coyote pass is located and I don't think it's a secure property. And is living in a remote RV that safe? 

Fun, fun, fun.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

So what is her address? Where does Savannah’s school mail go? I think this technically makes her homeless. Would be fine if it were just Janelle, but it seems like a really unstable situation...

Not only that but does Savannah even have a social life outside of being Janelle's workout buddy? 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Is that the RV Garrison remodeled? If so,  I wonder if Janelle, Savannah, Gabe and Garrison will all be living there.  

Comparing her life to her sister wives, I feel bad for her.  But apparently she's fine with her life choices, so I'm not sure why I care.  🤷🏽‍♀️

I think the RV in the photo is much bigger than the one Garrison remodeled.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

So what about all her crap? I guess it goes into a pod or storage space.

Well, after paying astronomical fees for the past how many months on the fleet of UHauls parked somewhere in the boonies, they probably own them all by now.  She can use a few of those.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Bless her heart.  I don't think that she thought this through, you need at the very minimum a half-ton truck to pull one of these 5th wheelers.  She must have had the dealer deliver it to the site, so how will  she be able to haul this to a place to dump her waste and refill the water with her small van? 

She can't possibly think that Savanah, Gabe, Garrison and herself can co-exist in less than 400 sq.ft. for any length of time unless they plan to make a compound with Garrison's newly remodeled unit for the boys to live in.

Edited by Sandy W
spellink
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Oh my gawd, this woman's life just continues to go from bad to worse....And she is clueless about it!

I thought that dump of a house she was renting was a real come-down, but now she's going to live in an RV and actually thinks that's a great idea??  Are there no trailer parks in her area?  Even that's a better alternative than this!

Man, she is just completely unwilling to face reality, isn't she?  I suppose she thinks she deserves all this so she's perpetually languishing in it instead of finding a way out.

She's only one step away from saying "Oh, don't mind me, I'll just live in this cardboard box at the dump, no problem".  Meanwhile the rest of them live in fantastic houses.  Wow, talk about making yourself into a Cinderella....

No wonder she looked so much better in that photo from 7 years ago!

• Love 17
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CB3004B4-668F-4183-8576-D0855C5BD27B.jpeg

BD6420E1-CDEC-49C2-AB80-1B5016506A3D.jpeg

“Lots to do out here on the land”???? Does she think she is going to be doing excavating herself or something? Helping the utility companies? Or is this like her “job” that she refers to that no one actually can figure out what she does? 

I think all the wives should do this. I would love to see them all living in an RV circle on undeveloped land next season 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Or go all the way and build an outhouse! 

You know, I can see this happening.

The "grey water" (kitchen, shower, sink) can generally just be dumped outside/used to water plants, as it doesn't contain any pathogens.  If they have an outhouse (or install a composting toilet) they'll just need to replenish the water supply periodically, and there are bulk water delivery services in Flag that can do that.  At least until the neighbors complain.

Electric would be a problem, but I suspect solar panels would help with that quite a bit, and she can use propane heat in the winter.

(Disclaimer: I live in a 26' RV (although mine is in a park with water/sewer/electric) and I prefer it to apartment living plus it's cheaper in the long run)

As for not living at the same standards as her fellow baby-mamas, maybe she doesn't care.  Although I wonder if Kody would be willing to be seen visiting a trailer--that may be the excuse he's looking for not to visit.

Edited by Fosca
Composting toilets!
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Guess they will all shower at the gym. They should get a port a potty too.

They're pretty close to Christine's house, aren't they? And Robyn and Kody's grand estate?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Since Janelle mentioned that it's just for the summer, I'm guessing that she is leasing the RV, didn't buy it. Sounds like it would be impractical if she planned to take it on the road. 

Could be she has found a place to rent, but is not available until after the summer.   I see at least 27 rentals online.  Some of them were cheaper than what she was paying.  Unless they are planning on building on the property.  As ever she is trying to be frugal.  To bad some of the other sisterwives don't seem to be.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

If this is to be a temporary summer thing, I wonder why she didn't have the unit hauled to a proper campsite where there would be utility hook-ups already in place, possibly a pool and the potential for Savanah to have interaction with other kids her age.

She mentioned that there was much to keep her busy on the Coyote Pass land, is she going to haul rocks to line the pond, which is no doubt dried up during the summer, as it's only a retention pond anyhow.

Janelle, the Pioneer Woman, may even hunt and trap the varmints that inhabit the Plains of Plague.  Maybe we can look forward to some tasty recipes for groundhog stew. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ohemgee, so many of us predicted this! Well,  it's a great storyline for the show. Especially if the neighbors complain. I'm pretty sure one of our fellow snarkers confirmed many moons ago that Cy-o-teh Paaaas is NOT zoned for camping out in an RV. Maybe she figures she'll be gone by the time the law catches up to her. 

What a comedown from the cul-de-sac! And yes, I believe she has 3 dogs: her own, Gabe's and her late mom's. 

I really feel sorry for her. I'd feel much better if she'd simply park at an RV park with the services  @Foscamentioned.

ETA someone asked her about zoning on her Instagram. She replied "you can apply for a permit, which of course I did."

Edited by Teafortwo
added info
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

So what about all her crap? I guess it goes into a pod or storage space

Too bad she can't store it in Meri's giant house - or Robyn's. You know, sister wives' perks!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Ohemgee, so many of us predicted this! Well,  it's a great storyline for the show. Especially if the neighbors complain. I'm pretty sure one of our fellow snarkers confirmed many moons ago that Cy-o-teh Paaaas is NOT zoned for camping out in an RV. Maybe she figures she'll be gone by the time the law catches up to her. 

What a comedown from the cul-de-sac! And yes, I believe she has 3 dogs: her own, Gabe's and her late mom's. 

I really feel sorry for her. I'd feel much better if she'd simply park at an RV park with the services  @Foscamentioned.

ETA someone asked her about zoning on her Instagram. She replied "you can apply for a permit, which of course I did."

Judging by pictures Christine posts of all the crap her neighbors have strewn about, I can’t imagine anyone would complain. Plus they had/still have? All those U Haul trucks “stored” out there.   If neighbors were ok with that, they’ll probably be ok with this. 
I too want to know what is so much to do on the land. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Janelle did a video on her Strive Facebook page. She’s asking for suggestions of playlists while moving.

She also mentioned she has 3 units to store what she  kept after downsizing for the last month. She couldn’t recall the measurements, but guesses they are “60 square foot units”, but also said they are 10 feet or 20 feet…….

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

I wasn't far off with the yurt. Well I see Janelle gaining 50lbs running out for fast food, being cooking isn't something easy to do in an RV. I'm actually kind of sad for her that both Meri and Robyn have these huge houses and won't even let her stay for a bit. Honestly, I think the only person that would let her stay would have been Christine if she had space. The lease on one of those can't be cheap, why not move into a Residence Inn? 

• Love 14
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wasn't far off with the yurt. Well I see Janelle gaining 50lbs running out for fast food, being cooking isn't something easy to do in an RV. I'm actually kind of sad for her that both Meri and Robyn have these huge houses and won't even let her stay for a bit. Honestly, I think the only person that would let her stay would have been Christine if she had space. The lease on one of those can't be cheap, why not move into a Residence Inn? 

Ikr? Especially if it's just for the summer! 9 weeks or less til school starts.

ETA: we speculate on what is her 'job" other than filming and the occasional bad advice Strive post (and I guess now Plexus). Seems to me her most consistent form of activity is packing and moving.  Vegas to Flag house #1, 2018, house # 2, 2019 (?). And now this. UGH

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

The lease on one of those can't be cheap, why not move into a Residence Inn? 

Three large dogs?  All those people in even a two room suite would be nearly as bad as being in the RV.  There would be a better kitchen and indoor plumbing though.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I too want to know what is so much to do on the land

Getting it cleared off where you want the homes.  Level out the land.  Unless you hire someone to do all of it for you.  It's a long process.  I've been watching a family in Canada build a home.  It's been a little over a year and their still have work to do.  Almost ready to move in but not quite.  They did much of the work themselves which has probably taken three times longer than usual.  But they have saved a lot of money.

She also mentioned she has 3 units to store what she  kept after downsizing for the last month.

Doesn't sound like she downsized enough.  Everyone of these families needs to strive to be minimalists.  Like most people, probably don't use 1/3 of what they have.

2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Too bad she can't store it in Meri's giant house - or Robyn's. You know, sister wives' perks!

Or at least move into Meri's home until the summer is over.  But we know that would never happen in a million years.

2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Agree, you need hookups  and sewage.  That RV will be smelling in no time unless they are just going to dump it on the ground.  Which isn't allowed.  That would be different if you owned 50 acres in the middle of no where, but they are in what is going to be a housing development.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

That RV will be smelling in no time unless they are just going to dump it on the ground.  Which isn't allowed.

Yes, but we know that rules do not apply to the Brown Clowns.  Persecution of polygamists, remember?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Well, I guess it’s good that Plexus has cured Janelle’s digestive system. I don’t think the RV (with no septic hookups!) could handle it. How soon before Janelle uses the lack of space in the RV as an excuse for not exercising?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5