Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

I prefer Argentinian BBQ with just kosher salt and a squeeze of lemon.

1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Is that a huge pimple on her cheek?

Or the beginnings of another nugget.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

These are from the live she mentioned in her post. They’re screenshots from video:

4928FA74-8649-41E3-B3DF-EF018ABE809E.jpeg

F49FDAA2-0835-4B64-8BE6-F1D74984B4BC.jpeg

Still looks like bloat face to me..

I don't get why she just wouldn't run down to the local gas station and fill up the tank. She could have picked up her Dr Pepper 73oz cup and grabbed some snackies. Also, isn't BBQ on a charcoal grill whereas grilling is on a propane grill?

I don't know what she was grilling, was that steak? Looked like it would have been as tough as Christines skin, the legs looked ok, I am not a fan of the legs or thighs myself ( unless its on John Stamos )

• LOL 10

A reply from Janelle on one of her posts:

Working on that myself.  Most nights it’s myself and Savanah or Kody and the two of us .  Boys have their own lives lol.  Far cry from cooking for all the kids when they were home.  I still buy and prepare too much 😂

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Working on that myself.  Most nights it’s myself and Savanah or Kody and the two of us .  Boys have their own lives lol.  Far cry from cooking for all the kids when they were home.  I still buy and prepare too much 😂

She's the accountant of the family and she can't do the math to figure proportions of how much to buy and prepare?  Maybe it's just an excuse to eat all the leftovers.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Correction to Janelle's post, she should have said: "I still buy, prepare, and eat too much."

Edited by absolutelyido
  • LOL 9
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A reply from Janelle on one of her posts:  Working on that myself.  Most nights it’s myself and Savanah or Kody and the two of us .  Boys have their own lives lol.  

I don't blame the boys for avoiding their sperm donor's visits.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I feel so sorry for Savanah. Her brothers have their own lives and she is stuck with her mother and Kody (I'm avoiding calling him "father" on purpose) and it seems the only time she gets out of the house is to accompany her lazy mom to the gym. Because otherwise Janelle wouldn't go. 

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Elodia said:

I feel so sorry for Savanah. Her brothers have their own lives and she is stuck with her mother and Kody (I'm avoiding calling him "father" on purpose) and it seems the only time she gets out of the house is to accompany her lazy mom to the gym. Because otherwise Janelle wouldn't go. 

When Janelle was trying to rationalize to Gabe that it was a great idea to leave LV, one of her big points was that Savanah didn't leave the house because of the heat. No explanation as to why AuroraBreanna couldn't come to play indoors or why Savanah couldn't go over to their house.  

Savanah appears to be somewhat shy and retiring and as her mother, it's Janelle's responsibility to bring her out of her shell as much as she is comfortable in doing so.  I wonder if Janelle has looked into enrolling Savanah into a group or club where her interests lie, it seems more appropriate than having her be mom's companion at the gym.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Perhaps she can now that COVID restrictions are lifting.  The last year they've been stuck for much of it.  Hopefully getting back in the classroom will help, too.  What will Janelle do home all day with no one, but the dog?

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Perhaps she can now that COVID restrictions are lifting.  The last year they've been stuck for much of it.  Hopefully getting back in the classroom will help, too.  What will Janelle do home all day with no one, but the dog?

3 dogs

does she ever walk the dogs?

all she ever posts are pics of the dogs laying around looking fat and bored… when she posts pics of her walks I don’t recall any of the dogs with her. 🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And yet I'm certain that none of it goes uneaten.  

And I cannot blame the boys one bit for seeking their meals elsewhere.  🤢

• Love 13
On 6/7/2021 at 6:34 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Still looks like bloat face to me..

I don't get why she just wouldn't run down to the local gas station and fill up the tank. She could have picked up her Dr Pepper 73oz cup and grabbed some snackies. Also, isn't BBQ on a charcoal grill whereas grilling is on a propane grill?

I don't know what she was grilling, was that steak? Looked like it would have been as tough as Christines skin, the legs looked ok, I am not a fan of the legs or thighs myself ( unless its on John Stamos )

So nice to see you back, @Mahamid Frauded Me ! (or maybe you've been posting, I still have lots to catch up on...)

• Love 8
On 6/8/2021 at 6:35 AM, ginger90 said:

I still buy and prepare too much 😂

You would think if cooking is such a chore, she would make enough to eat for several days.  The way I work, I rely on leftovers, Yes I've cooked enough to eat for 7 days.  Yes it gets boring, but it's already made and all I have to do is dish it up into a container and eat for lunch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I've been working long hours and cooking large batches & freezing the rest in single servings for 40 years so that I can always pull out something and have a meal ready in minutes. Stews, casseroles, soups and  cooked meat & poultry.  I'll roast a whole chicken or beef roast and slice or dice it into single servings. A frozen serving keeps the salad dressing cold until I dump it into my unwilted dry salad for lunch. I typically have 5 or 6 different things in the freezer so it doesn't get boring.

I save a lot of money and I don't spend all my time cooking and washing pots & pans.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I've been working long hours and cooking large batches & freezing the rest in single servings for 40 years so that I can always pull out something and have a meal ready in minutes. Stews, casseroles, soups and  cooked meat & poultry.  I'll roast a whole chicken or beef roast and slice or dice it into single servings. A frozen serving keeps the salad dressing cold until I dump it into my unwilted dry salad for lunch. I typically have 5 or 6 different things in the freezer so it doesn't get boring.

I save a lot of money and I don't spend all my time cooking and washing pots & pans.

I do the same thing. As a single person that doesn't eat a lot of food, I make batches of things and freeze single serving size containers. Always have several meals in the freezer. I've taken to putting wax paper notes inside to tell date frozen. Gotta rotate the things out...

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
(edited)

I’m no professional, but I can prepare an impressive plate of healthy and delicious food. I’ve actually photographed a few, but not for social media.  I might send Janelle some tips. 😝 I might post one around here to get feedback, if I can locate them.  Hey, I just realized..is there money to be made doing this kind of thing? Lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

37CF5F24-5850-489A-B8F6-A909D5941025.jpeg

Wow!  The last 7 year have been hard ones on Janelle, apparently!  She looks really good in the picture (I know Savannah is blocking her belly, but still.).

It's a nice family photo.  And is Kody holding Janelle's purse??  That's so funny (and cute) to me.

• Love 11
On 6/8/2021 at 3:34 PM, Absolom said:

I know the question is rhetorical, but I can think of a number of snarky replies. The chief one being, the same as she does now! :-p

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Just off the top of your head....does anyone know how many Brown kids have a college degree?  

Logan, Hunter, Aspyn and Mariah have graduated with college degrees. Logan also has an MBA and Hunter is getting his masters in nursing.  Mariah was working on her masters in social work but no current status on that.... Maddie and Garrison have attended college sporadically.  Gabe, Gwen, and Aurora currently attend NAU.  Dayton did attend NAU but it's not certain whether he still does. I'd assume that Ysabel will attend NAU this fall, although I haven't seen it posted anywhere saying where she will attend college.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

That's one of those statements that's a headscratcher. Tomorrow she thinks she will do something?  Or tomorrow she plans on thinking.  Either way, it's stupid.

I think she means she thinks the flower will bloom tomorrow...? Who knows with her?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

69455C73-42BD-46C2-8998-07000FB5C97D.jpeg

Get out your Brillo pads and scrub those suckers.  Then prime them with oil and DON'T neglect them!  You may need them to cook dinner while camping on your Prairie Dog Plague Plot if nobody wants to rent to you.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Janelle trying to be inspiring. The text at the top is because she did a closed captioning thing, so it seemingly makes no sense. 
She really needs help trying to connect to people in videos.

Screenshot from a video:

21CEB240-A3AD-40E3-869F-2F0380562621.jpeg

• LOL 8

"It’s like a martian talking to a fungo" (Crash to Annie in Bull Durham).

Yeah, I know I just used this in the Mykelti thread but it works here, too. These people are incomprehensible way too often.

• LOL 9
(edited)

What on Earth did she put on her lips to dessicate them?  And why?

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, preferably with plain water, not pink drink, would help heal you from within.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle trying to be inspiring. The text at the top is because she did a closed captioning thing, so it seemingly makes no sense. 

Screenshot from a video:

I watched this video and she keeps looking at the ceiling throughout the entire video!!…. Its like she has to look up and strain her brain to think of what to say…I couldn’t concentrate on what she was saying… blah blah plexus blah blah weight loss blah blah but that’s not important blah blah gut health blah blah lose inches blah blah where’s that candy bar I hid in my lazy boy blah blah sugar cravings blah blah I wonder if Robyn will let Kody come service me tonight blah blah what’s that blob of food on the ceiling? Blah blah I wonder if it’s still ok to eat? blah blah plexus… *SNORE*

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video:

Janelle is just not good at this because she doesn’t stick with anything long enough to be believable. She DOESN’T change, she stays the same—an unhealthy, obese house-mouse. 

I freaking can’t stand posers, especially ones who want to charge people money for their fake bullshit. Show us some results, Janelle, THEN people will applaud and maybe follow you. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Janelle is just not good at this because she doesn’t stick with anything long enough to be believable. She DOESN’T change, she stays the same—an unhealthy, obese house-mouse. 

I freaking can’t stand posers, especially ones who want to charge people money for their fake bullshit. Show us some results, Janelle, THEN people will applaud and maybe follow you. 

Janelle stresses that losing inches, not pounds is what is important.  Forgive my lack of knowledge about weight loss journeys, but doesn't it stand to reason that if you lose inches, you would consequently also lose pounds?

Unless, you lose inches in say, your bustline only to pick up those lost inches in your belly.  It would not be a lie then to say that you lost inches, just a lie of omission not to mention that you found them redistributed elsewhere on your body.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Ref, Janelle looking up a lot.....I have a friend who used to be somewhat overweight. She had a double chin and hated it. I noticed that she always had her head held high in photos. It was very obvious. One day she told me she did it so her chin wouldn’t be so obvious. Lol.  Years later she lost a ton of weight. I mean from around 180 to 120.  I think she’s kept if off too.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

The FDA should crack down on the pink drink. It sounds dangerous. I once dated a guy who was into this so-called energy drink called Verve. It contained so much caffeine that it was a miracle he didn't have a heart attack he drank so much of it. The company that hawked it, Vemma, was an MLM. I think my friend was the only person who actually drank the product. It supposedly contained some sort of exotic fruit from the African rainforest or something but that was pretty much it, aside from the massive amount of caffeine.  I tasted it once and it was disgusting, but I find that Red Bull tastes disgusting too so there's that.

Lol it was actually called "Verve!" The exclamation point I find amusing. I looked it up. Here are the ingredients:

• 80 mg natural guarana caffeine.
  • 1 g taurin amino acid.
  • 12 full-spectrum vitamins.
  • 65 plant-sourced minerals and trace minerals.
  • 120 mg natural guarana caffeine.
  • 45 kcal and only 5 g of natural sweeteners.
  • Mangosteen superfruit
  • Aloe vera   
  • Now I'm off to look up the pink drink ingredients
Edited by Teafortwo
added detail
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 6/17/2021 at 9:18 AM, Sandy W said:

Janelle stresses that losing inches, not pounds is what is important.  Forgive my lack of knowledge about weight loss journeys, but doesn't it stand to reason that if you lose inches, you would consequently also lose pounds?

You can lose inches without losing weight by losing voluminous fat while building tight muscles, but that doesn't happen if you sit on the couch all day.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

You can lose inches without losing weight by losing voluminous fat while building tight muscles, but that doesn't happen if you sit on the couch all day.

And also, most women aren’t going to build muscle replacement pounds easily unless they’re on some body building program (not our Janelle). If Janelle loses inches, she’ll likely have weight loss to show for it. 

But to an extent I agree with her—one has to track their progress somehow. If she chooses inches, great. I just haven’t seen a difference in her in years, so she’s not a good spokesperson for anything yet. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/18/2021 at 11:07 AM, Teafortwo said:

The FDA should crack down on the pink drink. It sounds dangerous. I once dated a guy who was into this so-called energy drink called Verve. It contained so much caffeine that it was a miracle he didn't have a heart attack he drank so much of it. The company that hawked it, Vemma, was an MLM. I think my friend was the only person who actually drank the product. It supposedly contained some sort of exotic fruit from the African rainforest or something but that was pretty much it, aside from the massive amount of caffeine.  I tasted it once and it was disgusting, but I find that Red Bull tastes disgusting too so there's that.

Lol it was actually called "Verve!" The exclamation point I find amusing. I looked it up. Here are the ingredients:

• 80 mg natural guarana caffeine.
  • 1 g taurin amino acid.
  • 12 full-spectrum vitamins.
  • 65 plant-sourced minerals and trace minerals.
  • 120 mg natural guarana caffeine.
  • 45 kcal and only 5 g of natural sweeteners.
  • Mangosteen superfruit
  • Aloe vera   
  • Now I'm off to look up the pink drink ingredients

LOL taurine (I'm assuming they misspelled) is not even an amino acid. I spent an entire summer memorizing those little sh*ts, their structures, and I immediately red-flagged "taurin amino acid." Taurine is something called an "amino sulfonic acid," but I guess "amino acid" sounds "sciency enough" without being "too sciency," so they went with that for marketing.

Edited by monagatuna
Mixed up biochem and o-chem, this is why I am no longer a chemist, oops!
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, monagatuna said:

LOL taurine (I'm assuming they misspelled) is not even an amino acid. I spent an entire summer memorizing those little sh*ts, their structures, and I immediately red-flagged "taurin amino acid." Taurine is something called an "amino sulfonic acid," but I guess "amino acid" sounds "sciency enough" without being "too sciency," so they went with that for marketing.

Yep, "taurin" was their misspelling, intentional or not. 

• Love 2
(edited)

"...a man who was willing to shoulder the responsibility... stepped up and my mom remarried".  Not very heartfelt, isn't it? If they didn't get along, why did she even mention him?

Edited by Elodia
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5339DE5B-763A-4923-B266-314C292B0E0A.jpeg

E5C4FA02-C7A8-418E-8755-C57244636BDB.jpeg

Why bother Janelle? Are you this checked out. What a slap to this guy. You are sounding like a pod person. Stop posting this shit. It's getting worse. I'm thinking a call for a welfare check is imminent. 

"...a woman who was willing to shoulder the responsibility... stepped up and my mom raised my kids so I could go hide at a day job, I think her name was Christine..."

• Love 10