Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

FYI, if at all possible prop the hood on your vehicle just 4-6 inches.  Rodents hate the light and won't build a nest if there is any light.  My dad had the same thing happen with his and he wasn't going to pay hundreds of dollars to get rid of the odor.  They also messed up the riding mower the same thing.  My brother was able to fix it and now leaves the hood up on that.

Thanks! Already spent the$$, but I'll do that. I'll do anything to keep them away. I don't drive all that much so when it is in the garage, I'll pop the hood. There are windows all around the garage, the previous owner used it as a shop, so lots of light.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Janelle posted a photo of Gabriel on his first day of college.  Of all the kids, Gabriel looks most like Kody.

Kody was a good looking guy judging from the early photos we have seen of him.  The life he has chosen has not been kind to him and the stress and tension exude right through my TV screen to the point that he appears demonic now.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

So Gabe and Dayton are going to the same school now, correct?

I don't understand the caption in Janelle's Instagram "Gabriel worked very hard over the summer to complete his senior year courses".  I recall that part of his resistance to the move to Flagstaff was the loss of his academic standing and athletic scholarship he was assured of.

Did he become so disheartened over the move that his top ten academic achievement slid and his interest in sports waned?  It almost sounds like he chose not to attend school at first if he had to play catch-up over the summer.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I'm not understanding either - unless he was so far ahead of the game his junior year in high school that he only needed a couple of classes to graduate, and he was going to focus on sports his senior year?  Maybe he worked extremely hard to have a rewarding, non-stressful senior year and Janelle took that away by demanding to raise her son in Flagstaff, so he bailed on the whole idea of doing his senior year somewhere else...it's interesting, and strange.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm not understanding either - unless he was so far ahead of the game his junior year in high school that he only needed a couple of classes to graduate, and he was going to focus on sports his senior year?  Maybe he worked extremely hard to have a rewarding, non-stressful senior year and Janelle took that away by demanding to raise her son in Flagstaff, so he bailed on the whole idea of doing his senior year somewhere else...it's interesting, and strange.

I'm pretty sure that you are correct.  (I did the same thing in high school - took a couple extra classes so I got out in 3 years instead of 4.)  He was probably hoping to have a good year with his friends and get a good scholarship to go ANYWHERE that wasn't around the fambly.  Maybe he figures he can either transfer or get out of college early - I'm guessing he'll be like the other boy who are all pretty much distancing themselves from this shit show.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I know it's a rental, but that door and trim look terrible.  

And they rented it furnished, so we cannot blame Gabe for bashing it up when they moved in since he was forced to leave many of his personal things behind.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

So is Janelle back in Flagstaff from maternity watch or did someone else take the photo? 

Pretty sure Janelle is still with Maddie, who is apparently in her 11th month of pregnancy.  I can't imagine she leaves before the Great Bathtub Birthin' & Sideshow Extravaganza: Part Deux.

I am too lazy to figure out Janelle's approximate arrival date in NC, but hasn't she been there at least three weeks?  And now Christine is there helping with Axel, which I thought is what Janelle went there to do?  This just reinfornces my opinion that Janelle said whatever she needed to say to get herself to her precious grandson at the expense of her two kids still at home...one of whom she dragged away kicking and screaming for the "priviledge of raising him."  LOLZ.

And good heavens, they've got Mykelti watching Truely and, I would imagine, Savannah!  Those two poor dears are gonna head to school with a belly full of day-old street tacos, wearing leopard-patterned Lee Press-On Nails and the classic LLN Irma in demon-possessed Mickey Mouse print.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I know it's a rental, but that door and trim look terrible.  I'd have to paint them.  And also wipe down the upper doorbell.  Yuck.

Omg you're right! It looks like there was a patch job on the door.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

And they rented it furnished, so we cannot blame Garrison for bashing it up when they moved in since he was forced to leave many of his personal things behind.

So where is their Vegas furniture ? Racking up more bills for storage ?  Hopefully the ripped faux leather chair went to the dump.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I don't understand the caption in Janelle's Instagram "Gabriel worked very hard over the summer to complete his senior year courses".  I recall that part of his resistance to the move to Flagstaff was the loss of his academic standing and athletic scholarship he was assured of.

Did he become so disheartened over the move that his top ten academic achievement slid and his interest in sports waned?  It almost sounds like he chose not to attend school at first if he had to play catch-up over the summer.

As I recall, they moved in summer 2018 so Gabe, Aurora and Gwen could have jr and sr years in the new h.s. It appears that Gabe chose to double up on courses and do summer school to finish h.s a year early and start college now instead of next fall. 

• Useful 6
55 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

As I recall, they moved in summer 2018 so Gabe, Aurora and Gwen could have jr and sr years in the new h.s. It appears that Gabe chose to double up on courses and do summer school to finish h.s a year early and start college now instead of next fall. 

Yes, they just moved last summer so Gabe squeezed in enough classes to escape to college early is what it sounds like to me.  I wonder if he was that disgusted and disturbed by the move, never quite fit in at the new high school, wrestling didn't go as he expected, or what.  I hope he's happy in college and that he also escapes the Brown bubble as some of his brothers have done.

• Love 14

Around my area, they call it Running Start.  Some HS grads also have an Associate's Degree, and can go straight to their junior year at a 4-yr. school, or so I'm told.

Gabe seems like a high achiever.  Hopefully he'll do a Logan and tell Kootie and the Gang to shove it if they try to lay a guilt trip on him again.  Not that Logan did that in so many words, just that L is doing life without a TV wedding, like the girls have had so far.

Edited by xwordfanatik
Clarity
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Gabe looks fine but that shirt looks like he grabbed it out of the laundry hamper or floor.

I wonder if that's one of Robert's shirts?

It looks really stiff, scratchy, wrinkled like super cheap cotton or burlap.  😦

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

So I wonder why Robert (Bob) went by Garrison from the beginning of the show? 

Janelle evidently doesn't own an iron.  Is she scared of irons the way Christine is scared of toasters or microwaves?  

Speaking of Janelle/Kootie spawn, has Maddie had that baby yet?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Janelle evidently doesn't own an iron.  Is she scared of irons the way Christine is scared of toasters or microwaves?  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :gasp: Janelle :gasp: iron!  This is the woman who whines about how much work it is feeding herself without eating fast food (and theoretically, feeding herself is something she would WANT to do.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

While in the Army National Guard, Garrison may have found it less confusing to be called Robert when garrisoning or in a garrison.  Or to draw less attention with a plainer name.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I think Gabe just did what  he had to do to get out of the circus his fambly has become. He was definitely against the move and this is probably his way of extricating himself from this mess. Good for him!

• Love 9

If Gabe is still living at home, I'm not sure I'd call that "extricating himself".  If I was him, I'd try to go to college as far away as possible, or at least live on-campus.  He was probably told there wasn't the money for that.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Fosca said:

If Gabe is still living at home, I'm not sure I'd call that "extricating himself".  If I was him, I'd try to go to college as far away as possible, or at least live on-campus.  He was probably told there wasn't the money for that.

If this would theoretically be his senior year do we know if he is 18 yet?  It's possible he just turned and Janelle wouldn't let him go before then (considering she wanted the privilege of raising him and all.)  It's also possible he wasn't sure he'd be able to graduate early so didn't have all his applications in by the deadline.  Maybe he's thinking go to the local college and transfer as soon as he can.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Fosca said:

Unlike Christine, I don't think Janelle minds if her kids stay at home.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Unlike Christine, I don't think Janelle minds if her kids stay at home.

I remember that even after Logan made it clear he was moving out after high school, Janelle made sure he had his own bedroom in the Vegas house as an attempt to try and get him to change his mind about leaving. 

Hooray for Logan!!!

• Love 7
On 8/26/2019 at 11:58 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

FYI, if at all possible prop the hood on your vehicle just 4-6 inches.  Rodents hate the light and won't build a nest if there is any light.  My dad had the same thing happen with his and he wasn't going to pay hundreds of dollars to get rid of the odor.  They also messed up the riding mower the same thing.  My brother was able to fix it and now leaves the hood up on that.

Mothballs are effective. Critters don't like those.

• Useful 2
11 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I remember that even after Logan made it clear he was moving out after high school, Janelle made sure he had his own bedroom in the Vegas house as an attempt to try and get him to change his mind about leaving. 

This is why Kodoof is designing his Plyg Palace with extra turrets and moats and winding staircases that lead to nowhere, etc....so that when his offspring tire of their aimless wandering and return to the land of their forefathers, they have their very own wing to call home.  Problem is, none of them except possibly Truely and Robyn's youngsters are going to think of Flagstaff as "home."  Funny how when you continually yank your kids from the places where they've taken root, they end up growing roots far away from their parents.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, CocoPuffs said:

Interesting...I didn’t know they’d been on Oprah. 

It was October 2010, "Inside the Lives of a Polygamist Family" still up on Google, along with a follow-up with the Brown's explaining their move to Las Vegas.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Aw, look at that happy plyg family, joyfully telling the idiot monogamists how wonderful their lifestyle is!

It's especially hilarious knowing what we know now.  Maybe they were all high doses of Prozac or something.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ugh.  More BS about fleeing Utah or they'd go to "jell."  Scaring the kids, all for drama.

I too was unaware that the Browns had been on Oprah.  

Janelle's sludge looks awful.  

Right? What a bunch of BS and they still play that card. Lies! All Lies! 

• Love 5

Why not a bag of plain legumes, like lentils?  They come in interesting little disc shapes - really cool and different than rice-shapes.  And they come in green, brown, orange or yellow, not just boring beige!

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Why not a bag of plain legumes, like lentils?  They come in interesting little disc shapes - really cool and different than rice-shapes.  And they come in green, brown, orange or yellow, not just beige!

Because they're common, mundane, and cheap. 

The local whole foods must put all their esoteric pricey products in the very front of the store when they see Janelle coming. 

If she can't eat rice there's always quinoa, farro, wild rice, and probably some other grains that I can't be bothered to Google at the moment.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10