Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

Probably feeding the bunnies.  And if she is partaking in any of this, you know @AZChristiannailed it with the Hidden Valley Ranch .  For me, it would be a bottle of Bob's Big Boy Rochefort , fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, maybe add some grilled chicken.  I could then start up  my own website called, hummm... "Dribble" and not because I sometimes do that when I am asleep ( I deny that but Mr Frauds says I do) because I can then post about absolutely nothing or use google to enlighten all my readers out there. Do you know that water is good for you ?

• LOL 13
6 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Yep.  Greens are not really something you can stock up on in molasses-like quantities, Janelle.  The two adults in my household eat big salads almost every day and even we would not be able to get through all those bags before the leaves on the bottom turned to brown slime.  

I'm sure her magic fish oil pills will cancel out the Ranch.

Yeah, I'm single and I eat what I consider to be a lot of veggies - a Costco-size bag of Eat Smart Sweet Kale Salad mix, a bag of broccoli slaw, and a 24 oz package of whole white mushrooms is about 6 days' worth for me...

• Love 5
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Believe it or not, I lightened this picture. Her photos suck.

C3E4498F-0D16-4756-841E-7AEB0F16895A.jpeg

1FEF6D27-56EB-40A6-97D9-311049C93CF9.jpeg

"In the heat"? In the heat. Flagstaff is in the 80s this time of year. Who's she trying to fool? Also I'm with you guys, there's no way she's eating all that and if she does, it's drowning in her favorite dressing. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Probably feeding the bunnies.  And if she is partaking in any of this, you know @AZChristiannailed it with the Hidden Valley Ranch .  For me, it would be a bottle of Bob's Big Boy Rochefort , fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, maybe add some grilled chicken.  I could then start up  my own website called, hummm... "Dribble" and not because I sometimes do that when I am asleep ( I deny that but Mr Frauds says I do) because I can then post about absolutely nothing or use google to enlighten all my readers out there. Do you know that water is good for you ?

LOVED that stuff!

• Love 1

Well, doesn't that look...plain. 

I love yams, but all I do is snap off the pointed ends, nuke 'em for a few minutes (usually 5 or so depending on the size), let cool a little then eat them - skin and all. There's nothing wrong with the skin, lots of fiber! 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Well, doesn't that look...plain. 

I love yams, but all I do is snap off the pointed ends, nuke 'em for a few minutes (usually 5 or so depending on the size), let cool a little then eat them - skin and all. There's nothing wrong with the skin, lots of fiber! 

Does it take you longer than “10 minutes!!”?

• LOL 8
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Does it take you longer than “10 minutes!!”?

A minute to wash, snap, and throw in the microwave...

If I was making mashed yams I'd do the same, except I'd let them cool then peel the skin off or scoop out the soft innards. Much easier after they're cooked.

• Love 4

She's close to 50 and just realized it only takes 10 minutes to peel and chop a sweet potato?

I'm with @DakotaJustice.  Throw it in the microwave and actually get to TASTE the yam . . . that chopped up stuff in a pot of water sounds boring and incomplete.  But then . . . doesn't that describe how Janelle rolls?

• Love 7

Just what exactly does Janelle think life is all about? It's like anything above and beyond sitting in a ratty recliner cruising the Interwebz is an effort. All posts are about how she hates living, it is hard to do anything. She is just now finding out about X, Y and Z. She complains about what every other person on earth does, every day, as part of being a human being. 

And if this is living a good life for her, I wonder what kind of pill she was back before the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Just what exactly does Janelle think life is all about? It's like anything above and beyond sitting in a ratty recliner cruising the Interwebz is an effort. All posts are about how she hates living, it is hard to do anything. She is just now finding out about X, Y and Z. She complains about what every other person on earth does, every day, as part of being a human being. 

And if this is living a good life for her, I wonder what kind of pill she was back before the show.

I just flashed on Goldie Hawn in Overboard asking Kurt Russell "wasn't I EVER HAPPY?" when he shows her the doctored pix. 

You know what - I bet Janelle was HAPPIER before the show. Yeah, she had to live with the Wicked Bitch of the West, but she had a desk job with free coffee and snacks, someone to palm her kids off on 5 days a week, and got to be The Dependable Money Maker and Supreme Benefactor since she was the one who bought the Lehi house, which was a way of Getting Back at Meri. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Does she use Mad-Libs for her Strive posts?

Today I was (insert synonym for the word "tired").  I was also super (synonym for "busy").  I also really (synonym for "hate") my life.  I (synonym for "dragged") myself out of the (piece of furniture) and got in my car.  I drove (number less than 0.5) miles to the grocery store and bought (list three rock-star ingredients).  It took me less than (number between 1 and 10) minutes to (insert verb) the ingredients to make a delicious (synonym for "slop").  I used a recipe.  Don't bother asking me what it was, look it up on the interwebz your (insert swear) self.  I then had plenty of time to (synonym for "sleep") on my (different piece of furniture).  What a (synonym for "win")!!!!

That said, Janelle managed to spend a whole ten minutes to cut up some sweet potatoes for a soup recipe.  However, once she figures out that she needs more than some sweet potatoes floating in water to make soup, my guess is the entire pot is going to relocate down the garbage disposal and she's gonna hit up a drive-thru for a triple with cheese like she was going to do in the first place.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

She's close to 50 and just realized it only takes 10 minutes to peel and chop a sweet potato?

I'm with @DakotaJustice.  Throw it in the microwave and actually get to TASTE the yam . . . that chopped up stuff in a pot of water sounds boring and incomplete.  But then . . . doesn't that describe how Janelle rolls?

Or roast it!  They are fabulous roasted!  Why on earth she needs a fast meal is a mystery.  The tv has a pause button for gods sake.  I want to see what she did with all those bags of greens she just bought.  A salad has to be faster.  Come on Janelle.  I double dog dare ya,

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That said, Janelle managed to spend a whole ten minutes to cut up some sweet potatoes for a soup recipe.  However, once she figures out that she needs more than some sweet potatoes floating in water to make soup, my guess is the entire pot is going to relocate down the garbage disposal and she's gonna hit up a drive-thru for a triple with cheese like she was going to do in the first place.

Maybe she should throw a stone in it like the story I read when I was in second grade. She should be able to find one in Prairie Dog Land. Minerals galore 👌

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Right, when I make my baked potato soup its with whole milk, totally worth the calories 

• Love 5

Janelle needs to try some spices.

We went to Red Lobster the other day because it's Crabfest.  I LOVE CRABS (to eat).  

We each ordered the luncheon size Crab Fettuccini.  It was so awful (no taste of crab) that I told hubby I was just going to take mine home and he could reheat it and have it the next day.  He didn't mind it as much as I did.

The next day, I threw it in a casserole dish with a can of cream of mushroom soup, shredded cheese, some chopped cherry tomatoes and freshly ground pepper with a dash of sea salt.  It was 100% better.  We still had leftovers, so today we added some of my favorite spice - 6 pepper blend.  

If it had tasted that good on Thursday, we'd have eaten it all at the restaurant.  But at least we got to enjoy some of those yummy biscuits.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Janelle needs to try some spices. 

We went to Red Lobster the other day because it's Crabfest.  I LOVE CRABS (to eat).  

We each ordered the luncheon size Crab Fettuccini.  It was so awful (no taste of crab) that I told hubby I was just going to take mine home and he could reheat it and have it the next day.  He didn't mind it as much as I did.

The next day, I threw it in a casserole dish with a can of cream of mushroom soup, shredded cheese, some chopped cherry tomatoes and freshly ground pepper with a dash of sea salt.  It was 100% better.  We still had leftovers, so today we added some of my favorite spice - 6 pepper blend.  

If it had tasted that good on Thursday, we'd have eaten it all at the restaurant.  But at least we got to enjoy some of those yummy biscuits.

Janelle lacks your creativity.

Was she making a meal only for herself?   what are Gabe and Savannah supposed to eat for dinner?   That soup looks so unappetizing;  if that's what passes for a meal, no wonder she seems depressed and tired.

A better alternative would be to wrap the potato in foil and bake it in the oven.  Then eat it with a little butter and cinnamon.  Bon appetit!!!

• Love 5

I have made sweet potato soup from an America's Test Kitchen recipe and I love it. But I also have a side with some protein since this soup doesn't add much in that department. 

She only showed the Spam potato slices so it's hard to tell what else was in there.  Surely she didn't just boil the potatoes and serve it, did she?  Oh, wait, it's Janelle.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I have made sweet potato soup from an America's Test Kitchen recipe and I love it. But I also have a side with some protein since this soup doesn't add much in that department. 

She only showed the Spam potato slices so it's hard to tell what else was in there.  Surely she didn't just boil the potatoes and serve it, did she?  Oh, wait, it's Janelle.

BF5B7BF9-8C72-48DC-89AF-75466306D64E.jpeg

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Twopper said:

Janelle lacks your creativity.

Was she making a meal only for herself?   what are Gabe and Savannah supposed to eat for dinner?   That soup looks so unappetizing;  if that's what passes for a meal, no wonder she seems depressed and tired.

A better alternative would be to wrap the potato in foil and bake it in the oven.  Then eat it with a little butter and cinnamon.  Bon appetit!!!

She had Gabe call Uber Eats and have some Mickey D's delivered.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

How much avocado is on that damn toast? A whole one? That fancy lunch has to be closing in on 400 calories. 

That's at least 2 very large ones, maybe even 3 medium size.

• Love 3

""In an email, Michael Blaha, a cardiologist at Johns Hopkins University who has written about methodological issues with nutritional science, told me he finds “particularly distasteful studies of one particular food (e.g., broccoli) or one particular macronutrient,” because “it is impossible to disentangle the effect of one particular food or one macronutrient from the accompanying foods and macronutrients that characterize a typical dietary pattern.”"

https://undark.org/2019/07/18/science-of-eggs/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I never take one article written as absolute. But I do agree that human nutrition is a science in its infancy.  My Grandmother, a humble church secretary and bookkeeper preached some of the things these modern scientists state today, way back in the 70's. With her Prevention magazine in her hand she told me long ago that good nutrition was as simple as eat a varied diet, eat colorful foods in their natural season and always in moderation.

I certainly think that Janelle could use a dose of reality from this article...it's NOT about rock stars and stuffing yourself with the "big new thing", it's about everyday natural simplicity and all things in moderation, even Kale, chia seeds, avocados and whatever she has googled today...

• Love 12

She's still looking for that miracle pill or wherever. 

I still remember Oprah talking about that during her Making the Connection era (still have so much respect for her, just for running a marathon and inspiring others) where she said something to the effect that she had so much money and if such a pill existed, "I would have it. I would have it." 

I think at the end of the day Janelle is still looking for That Miracle.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I never take one article written as absolute. But I do agree that human nutrition is a science in its infancy.  My Grandmother, a humble church secretary and bookkeeper preached some of the things these modern scientists state today, way back in the 70's. With her Prevention magazine in her hand she told me long ago that good nutrition was as simple as eat a varied diet, eat colorful foods in their natural season and always in moderation.

I certainly think that Janelle could use a dose of reality from this article...it's NOT about rock stars and stuffing yourself with the "big new thing", it's about everyday natural simplicity and all things in moderation, even Kale, chia seeds, avocados and whatever she has googled today...

Anthropology also has a lot to say about this--the healthiest groups throughout our existence ate a varied diet consisting mostly of plant foods and hunted/fished protein. When humans were gathering and hunting, as long as resources were good and reliable, humans were at their healthiest nutritionally.  Once humans began to settle down into more permanent locations, their diets began to suffer and became based more on "staples" such as bread and corn. They developed premature tooth problems, weight problems and health issues we still face and are fighting today. 

So we've known this stuff for a long time just by studying the bones of our human ancestors. 

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. That's it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Well, it seems for her it is a always a choice between "big new thing" or a "drive thru fast food run."  It's all or nothing for her (just like Ado Annie in "Oklahoma").  You would think she could at least take a middle approach and stop at the grocery for a rotisserie chicken and a salad or some such combination.  The idea that she is smarter than your average Brown has long been disproved.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

From Strive with Janelle Facebook:

Hi guys.  

You know its been almost a week since my last post.  Sometimes I struggle to feel like I have anything cool or inspiring to share with you.  The days are busy and some times I am just barely managing to hold on to my own wellness routine.

This week brought a different kind of teaching experience.  Some of you may have heard about this terrible wild fire burning the mountains close to my new home in Flagstaff.  Thankfully, I personally was spared any tragedy and so far so good, as the residents have not lost any homes in the area.  However, we did have a scare with the area where Meri's rental home is.  As we all rallied to help her move out pictures and priceless antiques in preparation for a full evacuation it hit me.  How very little of the stuff in our homes is stuff we would save in case of fire.

This insight into something I think I knew intellectually but hadn't really processed on a personal level was very teaching to me.

This realization translated in another way for me.  I know I seem calm, cool and collected on the outside but inside my head there is so much internal noise.  I am sure many, if not most of you, can relate.  The doubts, fears and anxiety that plague our modern life.  But this week it was brought home to me  that that "noise" is really just that, "noise" and I can make my perspective bigger.  Or at least continue to practice making it bigger.  Perfection definitely not achieved over here 🙂

Many of the addiction recovery groups (NA, AA, OA) teach that turning over things you can't control to a higher power is necessary in order to introduce peace and combat addictive behaviors.  This higher power is defined as the individual desires.  It is not a religious teaching but more of a spiritual practice I think.

Maybe the point of this long post is to just share that there is always a bigger perspective.  And once in a while we may be able to rest our respective burdens by looking for that.

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sometimes I struggle to feel like I have anything cool or inspiring to share with you. 

You can stop struggling.  You don't have anything cool to share.  You never have.

The days are busy and some times I am just barely managing to hold on to my own wellness routine.

Bringing up the perpetual question - busy doing what?  Finding something cool online?

As we all rallied to help her move out pictures and priceless antiques in preparation for a full evacuation it hit me.

Priceless antiques?  What, old versions of LuLaHellNo leggings? Or some old teapot of Grandma Lizzie's - or maybe belonged to some other possible relative that might have been part of a family that may have had tea with Old Liz.  

This insight into something I think I knew intellectually but hadn't really processed on a personal level was very teaching to me.

"...very teaching to me".  Still unable to put together a coherent sentence.

I am sure OA is thrilled that she has made herself a spokesperson for them, explaining their teaching and ending with "I think". 

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The only insight I gained by reading that is, Meri had help in her evacuation preparation, and failed to mention it.

Meri was annoyed that Janelle helped move her "priceless antiques" instead of participating in her fire sale.  Meri probably had lots of garments in XXXL size that Janelle could have taken off her hands.

Come to think of it, when have we ever seen Janelle or Robyn being supportive of Meri or Christine decked out in LLRags?

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri was annoyed that Janelle helped move her "priceless antiques" instead of participating in her fire sale.  

Janelle's version of moving is to sit or stand around pointing to the things she needs others to move before becoming totally overwhelmed and suggesting it all be left behind. So I'm sure she was a big help. 🙂

The references to Meri's "nice things" always make me laugh. We've all seen your tchotchkes, Mer, and the crown jewels they ain't!

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • LOL 12

Thank goodness the fire was not in Vegas, otherwise Janelle would have been forced to save the wetbar. 

So lets see its been a year since the move to Flag, no posts from anyone about breaking ground on Plagueville  Place ? I guess they will all be (sans Christine) renewing their leases at what 9K a month or so for 3 ginormous rentals. I am still trying to understand why Meri needed such a massive house. She always seems to be on some road trip or lulurot event away from home. Oh and Janelle Kody may be an antique but he aint priceless, cashless yes

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I know I seem calm, cool and collected on the outside

Uh.......no, Janelle. You seem like a zoned-out slug on the outside. And inside too.

The Museum Fire is 35% contained. I live 1 1/2 hours south of Flag and have had to pre-evacuate three times in two years. There is NO WAY I would go anywhere, much less on a LuLuNo cruise, while there was a fire nearby. If Meri is depending on Janelle to pitch in if things go south, she is an idiot.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Uh.......no, Janelle. You seem like a zoned-out slug on the outside. And inside too.

The Museum Fire is 35% contained. I live 1 1/2 hours south of Flag and have had to pre-evacuate three times in two years. There is NO WAY I would go anywhere, much less on a LuLuNo cruise, while there was a fire nearby. If Meri is depending on Janelle to pitch in if things go south, she is an idiot.

Right, and Robyn is no good, cowering in a walk-in closet bereft of LuLaRags.  She's scared of trees, and is busy changing Areola's blowout diapers.  Kootie is napping on the sofa, and since he said he wouldn't cross a burning bridge for Meri, he's not going to lift a finger trying to save anything Meri.  

Janelle learned early to check out so she wouldn't strangle Meri.  Nothing's changed there.

• Love 9