Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

Janelle needs to google rhabdomyolysis.  

Of course, we really don't know what "can't do it anymore" means to her.  And exercising anticipating you will be unable to move tomorrow kind of defeats the purpose because she's unlikely to work through pain -  more likely will take a "resting" day or two to recover.

• Love 2

Again with the lack of proofreading.  "Gone good work," indeed.  And why a random car selfie?  Why not a photo of the equipment she's using today?  (A photo of her using the equipment would be even better, but asking a fellow gym-goer to snap the pic would probably be anxiety-inducing.)

6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

more likely will take a "resting" day or two to recover.

That's what I'm doing today. 😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Janelle needs to google rhabdomyolysis.  

Of course, we really don't know what "can't do it anymore" means to her.  And exercising anticipating you will be unable to move tomorrow kind of defeats the purpose because she's unlikely to work through pain -  more likely will take a "resting" day or two to recover.

Yikes! Never heard of it before - not something I'd ever want to experience! 

Why does everything have to be so extreme with her? You don't have to exercise till you can barely move Janelle. You don't have to eat fancy-sounding "superfoods", you don't have to drink green goo, you don't have to get up at 4:45 am - things don't have to be so damn hard. 

Eat some lean meat and veggies and take a walk. Work out with weights at a normal pace. Drink plenty of water, take your vitamins, cut down on sugar, fat, salt. Good lord.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 7/3/2019 at 1:10 PM, DaphneCat said:

I don't remember that but I do remember that the reason the scale wasn't going down was because while she was, indeed, losing fat she was also gaining lean muscle.  Net result is she was much thinner (she looked the best she's ever looked at the commitment ceremony) but the scale wasn't moving.  I guessing she got frustrated and gave up - like she pretty much does with everything.

I remember she said this but I didn't buy it.  She never worked hard enough for any appreciable muscle gain.  

• Love 4
On 7/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

how’s your big old sombrero there Robyn? I seem to recall her freaking out about the hat she wore to Aspyn’s wedding, ‘I never wear hats, my poor hair etc’. Also I know it’s hard to tell when she’s sitting but anyone else think her middle section’s thicker? 

yep

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/6/2019 at 4:46 PM, Gothish520 said:

Am I the only one who is a bit uncomfortable with Garrison referring to his girlfriend as a "Grade A snack"?

No it is gross.  Way to respect women Garrison

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I remember she said this but I didn't buy it.  She never worked hard enough for any appreciable muscle gain.  

This is when she was working with an actual trainer one on one.  Not someone who was letting her do two reps with 3 pound weights and calling it weight training.  She really was exercising for a while.  The scale just wasn't moving so she gave up.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

This is when she was working with an actual trainer one on one.  Not someone who was letting her do two reps with 3 pound weights and calling it weight training.  She really was exercising for a while.  The scale just wasn't moving so she gave up.

Thanks!  I wonder why she didn't keep it up if it was working.  She doesn't listen to experts but expects others to pay her to listen to her expertise.  Things that make you go huh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/5/2019 at 8:35 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

how’s your big old sombrero there Robyn? I seem to recall her freaking out about the hat she wore to Aspyn’s wedding, ‘I never wear hats, my poor hair etc’. Also I know it’s hard to tell when she’s sitting but anyone else think her middle section’s thicker? 

Is Robyn pregnant?

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C43FECB4-6B0C-4753-AD97-DC2F82FCBCBB.jpeg

8D6C63BA-AD90-4E76-88CB-B79F2C5BAAB7.jpeg

Oh the irony - listening to her body ? She probably would not overeat if she did.  I have my 20 minute rule with myself and Mr Frauds, if we finished up our dinner and thinking about going for a 2nd helping, I say wait the 20 minutes and still tell me you want it.  More time then not, I am good and satisfied and no need to nuke up what was left. 

Also, why would you want to work out to the point you are so sore the next day that you can't move. It seems that she can't grasp a happy medium when it comes to food and exercise 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 7/7/2019 at 12:29 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Robyn looks pale, sickly, and very thick in the middle in the above photo..... 🧐

After viewing the picture on my laptop (versus my phone), I agree that she looks a bit thicker and could possibly be pg! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So I am still furious about Garrison and his remark about his gf.  Like kick him in the junk mad.  This is a man who has 4 moms and a ton of sisters.  I used my social justice warrior tool twitter (HA) and sent Janelle this:  Could you tell Garrison that referring to his gf as a grade A snack is offensive, derogatory, and reduces her worth? Also makes him look like an asshole. Be better

I am surprised woke Mariah didn't tear him a new one.  If my son (no kids, but let's suspend reality) said this about ANY woman, he would be taking a Women's Studies class to set him straight or would have to spend 20 hours listening to his sister Mariah tell him exactly why it is wrong.  I am assuming she would be as equally mad as any woman with some pride and dignity.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm not on Twitter, so thank you, Natalie, for taking one for the team!  It was an assholey thing for Garrison to say.  Disrespectful, and the GF should tear him a new one, too.

Anytime!  It is gross and I hope this isn't an example of how the boys were raised.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

So I am still furious about Garrison and his remark about his gf.  Like kick him in the junk mad.  This is a man who has 4 moms and a ton of sisters.  I used my social justice warrior tool twitter (HA) and sent Janelle this:  Could you tell Garrison that referring to his gf as a grade A snack is offensive, derogatory, and reduces her worth? Also makes him look like an asshole. Be better

I am surprised woke Mariah didn't tear him a new one.  If my son (no kids, but let's suspend reality) said this about ANY woman, he would be taking a Women's Studies class to set him straight or would have to spend 20 hours listening to his sister Mariah tell him exactly why it is wrong.  I am assuming she would be as equally mad as any woman with some pride and dignity.

Well considering that Janelle is his mom, she's too much of a wuss to do anything.

And Mariah doesn't care about anyone but herself. I bet she doesn't even speak to Garrison or follow his social media.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Good on you for saying something. 

If Mariah was really a woke social justice warrior, this would have been the perfect time to prove it and explain to her brother publicly, that referring to woman as ‘snacks’ is degrading and derogatory. 

Millennial a-holes really need to put some more effort in with their compliments and young ladies need to realise this is not one! They are basically referring to you as a quick easy fling, who was just there at the time, they could’ve easily chose something else and you’ll easily be forgotten once you’ve served your quick satisfying purpose. They are dehumanising you and literally comparing you to junk food.  

To say this about his girlfriend is a dick move, but then he grew up with a father who believes in having sexual relations with multiple woman at once, and with mothers who allow it willingly, so what chance does he have of truly respecting women really.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

If Mariah was really a woke social justice warrior, this would have been the perfect time to prove it and explain to her brother publicly, that referring to woman as ‘snacks’ is degrading and derogatory. 

Taking my response to the Mariah thread...

• Love 3
On 7/6/2019 at 9:35 AM, laurakaye said:

80 degrees in Michigan?  Everyone is in t-shirts and shorts.  How these women wear pants and long-sleeved shirts in 80 degree weather is beyond me.

These people are used to 100+ degrees in Las Vegas, so 80 degrees feels cool to them. Give them another year and they'll be better acclimated to the climate. Same thing happened to us when we moved from Berlin, Germany (military service) to San Antonio, TX--we laughed at everyone wearing heavy coats in February while we wore short sleeve shirts. The 2nd year here, we were putting on long sleeve shirts in the winter. By the 3rd year, out came the jackets and coats because we acclimated to Texas weather.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

From Strive with Janelle Facebook:

Fish oil!  You may take it, you may heard of it, you may heard of it and think "why is this a big deal" - or you may not have even heard about it.  

Fish oil has been around for many years.  And I have seen so many articles touting its benefits for heart health etc.  But, in a lecture I was listening to this week it finally sunk in as to why my doctors and other healers have been telling me to take it.

Fish oil helps combat inflamation and therefore helps with heart health and other inflamation related maladies in the body.

It helps brain health, even possibly helping with certain psychiatric issues.

Fish oil can help you lose weight.  Some studies show that even without actual weight loss, WAIST CIRCUMFERANCE decreased.  

Fish oil has been show to help with depression.

And the MOST INTERESTING THINGS that I learned this week.  

1) Fish oil can help heal cell walls when the body has been through EXTENDED PERIODS OF DEHYDRATION,  helping water to be able to actually get into your cells and actually be used by the body versus water circulating in your system but being unable to efficiently get into your cells.

2) Fish oil can help heal cell walls AFTER PERIODS OF OVER CONSUMPTION OF SUGAR.  Helping the hormones (insulin etc) better move in and out of the cell.

3608BDDE-422E-4484-AC33-AF8D3E40F24D.jpeg

Once again proofreading is not important.

• LOL 3
(edited)

Based on the bold, it seems like Janelle's main takeaway was that if she pops these magic fish pills she can now eat all the sugar she wants, not have to drink icky water, and her waist will shrink just like that.

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Fish oil!  You may take it, you may heard of it, you may heard of it and think "why is this a big deal" - or you may not have even heard about it.  

Fish oil has been around for many years.  And I have seen so many articles touting its benefits for heart health etc.  But, in a lecture I was listening to this week it finally sunk in as to why my doctors and other healers have been telling me to take it.

Fish oil helps combat inflamation and therefore helps with heart health and other inflamation related maladies in the body.

Fish oil can help you lose weight.  Some studies show that even without actual weight loss, WAIST CIRCUMFERANCE decreased.  

1) Fish oil can help heal cell walls when the body has been through EXTENDED PERIODS OF DEHYDRATION,  helping water to be able to actually get into your cells and actually be used by the body versus water circulating in your system but being unable to efficiently get into your cells.

2) Fish oil can help heal cell walls AFTER PERIODS OF OVER CONSUMPTION OF SUGAR.  Helping the hormones (insulin etc) better move in and out of the cell.

Literally any one of us on this forum could write these posts, sans typos, after five minutes of googling.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There she goes, buying a giant bottle of Magic Potion that'll wind up on the shelf next to the molasses and everything else that didn't work after 3 days. 

Maybe she should try a smoothie with all of them and report back to us: Fish oil, tahini, molasses and the rest of her nutritional "rock stars" as ingredients. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

There she goes, buying a giant bottle of Magic Potion that'll wind up on the shelf next to the molasses and everything else that didn't work after 3 days. 

Maybe she should try a smoothie with all of them and report back to us: Fish oil, tahini, molasses and the rest of her nutritional "rock stars" as ingredients. 

As dear Kootie would say:  "YUMMY."

Janelle would eat cat turds if someone suggested they would help weight loss.  

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

And here we sit with no vomit emoji.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Fish oil!  Have you guys ever heard of it??!??  OMG, FISH!  OIL!  Fish oil, you guys!  I have heard things about it!  Good things!  Google it yourself!!  It's like, healthy!  And other things!!  Oil from fish!  I just heard about this!!  I got in my car and drove 0.3 miles to the grocery store and bought the LARGEST jar of the stuff I could find!!!  FISHOILFISHOILFISHOIL!!!!  

• LOL 15
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Geez, Janelle, get your caps lock key fixed. Capitalizing "MOST INTERESTING THINGS" does not mean that what you're about to say is interesting.

In fact, since you're typing it, I go ahead and assume that whatever you're about to say is entirely un-interesting.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Dear God,

Please let the fish oil help Janelle's brain.

Thanks,

The Viewing Audience

Maybe she'll transform into the Bride of the Incredible Mr. Limpet. 

Although I think she's more of a tilapia.

I'll show myself out now...

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Maybe she'll transform into the Bride of the Incredible Mr. Limpet. 

Although I think she's more of a tilapia.

I'll show myself out now...

Mr. Limpet deserves better!  I love that movie by the way.  That and The Ghost and Mr. Chicken.  LUTHER!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Mr. Limpet deserves better!  I love that movie by the way.  That and The Ghost and Mr. Chicken.  LUTHER!

Well, if she overdoes the fish oil, I hope Kody enjoys fish breath. 

I kiss better then (sic) I cook.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

You guys....

She's trying a creamer that she's walked past a bunch of times on her way to the Doritos aisle.  She bought it even though she really doesn't know what's in it, or how it differs from the Hershey's chocolate-caramel cream that she hides at the back of the fridge behind the gallon drum of ghee.  So we should all definitely try it because Janelle says it's great, even though she cannot articulate why.

I would like to think she's trolling us, but I know she's not.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

A pint of creamer for 4.00 - I think my 1% milk has about the same amount of nutritional value plus I can get a whole gallon for 1.99. This is another thing that bugs the crap out of me, I get it eating healthy can be expensive, and if you can afford 4.00 creamer - good for you.  She is out here writing about crap like it was just invented and we have all been living under a rock or a prairie mound.  She needs to put down this over priced shit she is buying because it isnt doing her any good and pay your taxes or at least start building your angels singking homes 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
On 7/11/2019 at 6:52 PM, ginger90 said:

Wait wait. Is this something she actually wrote and posted?? Publicly?? My brain hurts. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 7/11/2019 at 8:48 AM, kimaken said:

These people are used to 100+ degrees in Las Vegas, so 80 degrees feels cool to them. Give them another year and they'll be better acclimated to the climate. Same thing happened to us when we moved from Berlin, Germany (military service) to San Antonio, TX--we laughed at everyone wearing heavy coats in February while we wore short sleeve shirts. The 2nd year here, we were putting on long sleeve shirts in the winter. By the 3rd year, out came the jackets and coats because we acclimated to Texas weather.

My husband is from Texas;  he was stationed in Germany and was amused by an ad for a product which boasted that it was as "mild as the summer sun."

22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looks like it’s past the “best by” date, to me.

I know I am past my due date for an eye exam, but I couldn't read the date.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Believe it or not, I lightened this picture. Her photos suck.

C3E4498F-0D16-4756-841E-7AEB0F16895A.jpeg

1FEF6D27-56EB-40A6-97D9-311049C93CF9.jpeg

Good eating this week for the garbage disposal.  I don't believe one bit she eats this stuff.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Good eating this week for the garbage disposal.  I don't believe one bit she eats this stuff.  

And if she does eat it, it's NOT with a light lemon vinaigrette.  "Pass the big bottle of regular Ranch dressing, please."

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Exactly, that stuff is headed for the disposal.  Even if she had a huge salad twice a day, I don't know that she could get through those three huge bags before they go bad.  But thanks for playing, Janelle!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Exactly, that stuff is headed for the disposal.  Even if she had a huge salad twice a day, I don't know that she could get through those three huge bags before they go bad.  

Yep.  Greens are not really something you can stock up on in molasses-like quantities, Janelle.  The two adults in my household eat big salads almost every day and even we would not be able to get through all those bags before the leaves on the bottom turned to brown slime.  

19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And if she does eat it, it's NOT with a light lemon vinaigrette.  "Pass the big bottle of regular Ranch dressing, please."

I'm sure her magic fish oil pills will cancel out the Ranch.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Im convinced shes buys vegetables for a tax write off....business expense.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2