Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Perhaps Gabe has actually settled well into Flagstaff and is no longer bitter?  I haven't seen any specific twitter posts but in the couple Gabe has posted on Instagram he looks happy.  I'm thinking the kind of kid who was up for captain of the Varsity Wrestling team and ranked 10th out of 850 kids in Las Vegas has the kind of personality and grit it takes to make it work wherever he lands.  It may not be BETTER than Las Vegas but he probably is making it a good experience for himself.  

And perhaps a good bit of his angst was created for the television cameras and story line.  I'm not saying he didn't feel some resistance to the move, but none of his scenes seemed spontaneous to me.  Janelle doesn't seem like the type of parent who would go out of her way to have a heart to heart talk with any of her children unless the cameras were rolling, and she'd been told what to say. 

Even her initial refusal to move her high school age son rang hollow to me, particularly considering how quickly she caved and gave Gabe a lecture on how terrible Vegas was.  She's too lazy and closed off emotionally to care what anyone else is thinking or feeling.  Just my opinion, of course, and clearly, I'm no fan of Janelle.

No matter what his initial reaction, I have no doubt that Gabe has settled nicely into the new city and school.  The sons (and some of the daughters) in this family seem to be well adjusted and socially successful, despite their dysfunctional parents.

Edited by MonicaM
Forgot to give Gabe credit for being a functional person.
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Kids are adaptable and no doubt Gabe has an inner core of strength that will carry him through the challenge of establishing himself in a new environment. 

It actually does floor me that the kids of Kody and Janelle have turned out as good as they have, given who their parents are - but again, I think a lot of that can be attributed to Logan and Christine.

It makes me nervous when Janelle says that Savannah stays in her room all the time - she is one of the ultimate lost girls in this fambly, along with Mykelti and Truely.  Likewise, I feel that Gabe and Garrison were the lost boys, because they were young and rambunctious when Robyn came sashaying along, and I'm sure neither Kody nor Janelle had time for their attention-seeking shenanigans.  I recall either Gabe or Garrison once acting out towards Dayton when they were younger and Janelle about had a cow...but what were they supposed to do when their "dad" could no longer be bothered to remember their names since his new plaything and her beloved kids joined the family?  Makes me feel so bad for them, and I hope they rise above the crap their parents have put them through in the name of ratings.

1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

And perhaps a good bit of his angst was created for the television cameras and story line.  I'm not saying he didn't feel some resistance to the move, but none of his scenes seemed spontaneous to me.  Janelle doesn't seem like the type of parent who would go out of her way to have a heart to heart talk with any of her children unless the cameras were rolling, and she'd been told what to say. 

I actually saw it differently - I saw his interviews as being pretty real and raw, but kind of shrugged away because he probably knew that any resistance on his part wasn't going to be heard by his parents anyway.  What really irked me to no end was Janelle babbling to Maddie that she was going to have to make lots of trips back to Vegas to see Axel...but Gabe couldn't stay behind because his mom wanted the right to "raise" him?  Shut up, Janelle.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19
23 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I'm thinking the kind of kid who was up for captain of the Varsity Wrestling team and ranked 10th out of 850 kids in Las Vegas has the kind of personality and grit it takes to make it work wherever he lands.  It may not be BETTER than Las Vegas but he probably is making it a good experience for himself. 

In spite of his idiotic self-absorbed fambly. I hope you are correct.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I recall either Gabe or Garrison once acting out towards Dayton when they were younger and Janelle about had a cow...but what were they supposed to do when their "dad" could no longer be bothered to remember their names since his new plaything and her beloved kids joined the family?  Makes me feel so bad for them, and I hope they rise above the crap their parents have put them through in the name of ratings.

Personally, I think their "parents" treat them worse off-camera. (Actually probably just totally ignore the kids overall). I truly think it will be even worse yet once the show ends and there's no money coming in. And the fame has gone away. Meri will eventually leave. Jenelle might even leave if she ever gets up off the couch. Heck even Robyn may leave once the gravy train stops. But good old Christine will still hear the angels singing and be sparkly for her man.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

Personally, I think their "parents" treat them worse off-camera. (Actually probably just totally ignore the kids overall). I truly think it will be even worse yet once the show ends and there's no money coming in. 

Janelle tells Strive subscribers and Meri tells potential BnB patrons to "go look it up on the Internet" rather than provide customer service or a link, so I expect they treat their spawn the same way - or worse when they are "busy" "working".

• Love 6
(edited)
20 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It actually does floor me that the kids of Kody and Janelle have turned out as good as they have, given who their parents are - but again, I think a lot of that can be attributed to Logan and Christine.

It makes me nervous when Janelle says that Savannah stays in her room all the time - she is one of the ultimate lost girls in this fambly, along with Mykelti and Truely.  Likewise, I feel that Gabe and Garrison were the lost boys, because they were young and rambunctious when Robyn came sashaying along, and I'm sure neither Kody nor Janelle had time for their attention-seeking shenanigans.  I recall either Gabe or Garrison once acting out towards Dayton when they were younger and Janelle about had a cow...but what were they supposed to do when their "dad" could no longer be bothered to remember their names since his new plaything and her beloved kids joined the family?  Makes me feel so bad for them, and I hope they rise above the crap their parents have put them through in the name of ratings.

I actually saw it differently - I saw his interviews as being pretty real and raw, but kind of shrugged away because he probably knew that any resistance on his part wasn't going to be heard by his parents anyway.  What really irked me to no end was Janelle babbling to Maddie that she was going to have to make lots of trips back to Vegas to see Axel...but Gabe couldn't stay behind because his mom wanted the right to "raise" him?  Shut up, Janelle.

I saw his talk with Janelle as real, too. He looked like he was about to cry but was holding tears back lest his HS wrestling buddies see it (along with the audience) on TV. I thought it was nice that in spite of it all, he gave his mother a hug and promised not to stop talking to her.

It doesn't mean that he's going to completely forget the hurt right away even if he is doing well in school now. Yes, he is probably the type of kid who will "strive" to succeed and make new friends but it doesn't negate that his feelings were pretty much brushed aside and his father called him "dramatic" on social media. Ya know, Kody, I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree if Gabe was dramatic. 

Edited by Adiba
grammar
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Has she ever given the actual smoothie recipe she uses or just this type of thing where she posts a pic of a bag of frozen fruit and leaves it up to her members to figure it out for themselves?

Right??? I was wondering the same thing.   

Uh... yeah... that's helpful!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

"Busy busy busy ROCKSTAR stress stress stress EASY blah blah blah TIRED whine whine whine HARD mumble mumble mumble FOOD."

This is basically what I hear in my head when I slog through another Strive post.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 11:07 AM, Sandy W said:

Kids are adaptable and no doubt Gabe has an inner core of strength that will carry him through the challenge of establishing himself in a new environment. 

My point is, that as parents, it is incumbent upon Kody and Janelle to lead Gabe to a point that he has an understanding of the justification for uprooting him from all that he holds of importance to him.  He is intelligent enough to understand logic and if they had laid out reasons to him, it may have been easier for him to accept:---

Reason 1- Flagstaff has the ONLY college that offers programs suitable for Dayton and Robyn and her spawn are the only people in this family who deserve to have their needs met.

Reason 2- The LV market is HOT (Mona said so), time to unleash our equity in these homes and make the fiscally responsible move to Flagstaff, where our money will buy 25% less house for 50% more money.

Reason 3- Robyn, Aurora and Christine heard angels singingk and felt sparkly on the land in Flagstaff, Janelle heard the words pond and fishing and sight unseen, she was all in.

I'm sure none of these would have been valid points to Gabe, but at least they would have been honest and would have let him know exactly where he stands in the grand scheme of things.

But we don't know that they didn't. 

I'm not sure that Gabe would really need an inner core of strength to get through the trauma of moving from one McMansion to another most likely lovely, comfortable home in a town with better weather (and TREES!) where he can sit in his comfortable room and play his video games with his friends while still having his family with him, and have the opportunity to participate in many outdoor activities, and the chance to make new friends.

There are children in the world that are truly suffering, children who have nothing. I'm not going to waste too much time feeling sorry for Gabe, who has a lot more than many in this world. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

But we don't know that they didn't. 

There are children in this world that are truly suffering, children who have nothing. I'm not going to waste too much time feeling sorry for Gabe, who has a lot more than many in this world. 

I don't really feel sorry for him.  But I loathe Robyn for her selfishness.    I know, I know, we see it differently.

• Love 6

Why would Janelle mention that Kody booked a room in Sedona that has two double beds? Did Kody Not book a room with a king bed so he wouldn’t have to sleep with Janelle?

I have never made a shake but a cup of sugar in it? In one shake?  I guess Janelle and I have different ideas of what is healthy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

Why would Janelle mention that Kody booked a room in Sedona that has two double beds? Did Kody Not book a room with a king bed so he wouldn’t have to sleep with Janelle?

I have never made a shake but a cup of sugar in it? In one shake?  I guess Janelle and I have different ideas of what is healthy.

You have just read another magnificent post by our resident satirist, Mahamid Frauded Me.  She takes Janelle's earnest little posts and twists them.  She is so GOOD at this, and I look forward to them every day.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

You have just read another magnificent post by our resident satirist, Mahamid Frauded Me.  She takes Janelle's earnest little posts and twists them.  She is so GOOD at this, and I look forward to them every day.

Can we just keep Mahamid and forget about Janelle? I think her posts are closer to the truth of what is really going on in that family.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

That wasn't Janelle, that was a spoof. Notice the word "Strife" instead of "Strive" at the top. Mahamid Frauded Me does a great job of impersonating Eeyore Janelle in the Strife posts.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!  Do I say something, or just love this post......  I think I'm just going to sit back and grin.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

95E22A75-07EB-459E-B452-24C8899150A2.jpeg

69BE8D6D-A7FD-45EF-812F-90E28F024783.jpeg

All Janelle seems to do is look for the next gimmick to make her feel better in the moment. Then she drops that in hopes of the next nutritional "rock star".  She is the worst health coach EVER. She seems to fail to acknowledge--or stick with--what has worked for millions of people: long term diet and exercise. When she said a "spring box" of health and wellness goodies arrived, I thought it'd be a box of vegetables. 

Ya know, I know people like this. People who have some weight to lose and try something for a day or three, then give up and the gimmick gets shelved, much like Janelle. Then there are those who commit long-term to healthy eating and exercise and they see results. No magic gimmick--whole foods, less calories, more movement. 

Janelle can't expect to have a real following until she gets noticeable results. When people start saying, "Hey, you look more fit. What are you doing?", she'll know she's on to something. She's been doing this how many years now and hasn't had noticeable results? Moron. 

• Love 13

The box looks to me as if it is filled with lotions maybe soaps, or serums?  You know, external stuff for your skin.  What does that have to do with fitness and health?  I should probably use Janelle's code and investigate further.  Maybe she is endorsing those products because you can get fabulously fit and healthy by smearing some on your skin and lounging on the couch.

Of course, it that's the case, she should be looking fabulously fit and healthy any day now.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

The box looks to me as if it is filled with lotions maybe soaps, or serums?  You know, external stuff for your skin.  What does that have to do with fitness and health?  I should probably use Janelle's code and investigate further.  Maybe she is endorsing those products because you can get fabulously fit and healthy by smearing some on your skin and lounging on the couch.

Of course, it that's the case, she should be looking fabulously fit and healthy any day now.  

Exactly... Totally ridiculous but it's Janelle and that's her modus operandi.

A friend of mine signed for one of those box subscriptions (I think hers was Birchbox)

She cancelled fairly quickly because while it's fun to receive a present full of goodies every few months she didn't actually use or like a lot of what she received and it was a waste of money.

I suppose Janelle gets hers for free in exchange for hawking it to others but they'll have to shell out the dollars for theirs... No Thanks!

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

A friend of mine signed for one of those box subscriptions (I think hers was Birchbox)

She cancelled fairly quickly because while it's fun to receive a present full of goodies every few months she didn't actually use or like a lot of what she received and it was a waste of money.

I suppose Janelle gets hers for free in exchange for hawking it to others but they'll have to shell out the dollars for theirs... No Thanks!

My sister did the same thing, I forget which one she used, but after maybe three boxes she was done.

• Love 2
(edited)

From what I can see Janelle's box contains your standard pampering crap that you can buy everywhere.

1: Mana Kadar Champagne body scrub with charcoal and dead sea minerals

2: Dr Brandt "No More Baggage" eye de-puffing gel

3: Ouai leave in hair conditioner 

4: Tula purifying face cleanser

5: Daily Concepts daily Detox brush

6: Korres wild rose vitamin C brightening and sleeping facial cream

7: Unplug Meditation - multicolor diffuser with "Happy" essential oil

8: S'ip By S'well to sip in style

9: Lavido aromatic body lotion

And last but not least..... *DRUMROLL*...

10: ELEVEN by Venus - Jump Rope

Like Janelle jumps rope... Give me a break. 

I might have missed a product cause once I saw the jump rope I was laughing too hard to see. 😂

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I could totally see Janelle doing "cookie of the month club" - she don't need no more crap to fill that already crowded and dirty bathroom like she had in Vegas, you know the one still for sale with the "birthing tub" 

Bahaha! I was thinking the same when I saw this picture of her and her box of crap. Hey, more crap to put on her bathroom vanity! That woman is such a bandwagon jumper it's almost sad. She tries so hard to be someone she's not. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, VegasVixen said:

... She tries so hard to be someone she's not. 

She doesn't know who she is. She can be a daughter or a wife or a mother or a sister wife or a friend or an employee but she has trouble being herself because she has no idea who Janelle is. Identity Crisis. (I have the same struggle). 

• Love 1
On 3/7/2019 at 11:54 PM, suomi said:

That wasn't Janelle, that was a spoof. Notice the word "Strife" instead of "Strive" at the top. Mahamid Frauded Me does a great job of impersonating Eeyore Janelle in the Strife posts.

They are especially funny because Janelle does really make things with huge portions of things like a can of coconut milk or a pound bag of frozen fruit and shows a picture of it that doesn't look like it is in a serving dish, but her lunch bowl.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, deirdra said:

They are especially funny because Janelle does really make things with huge portions of things like a can of coconut milk or a pound bag of frozen fruit and shows a picture of it that doesn't look like it is in a serving dish, but her punch bowl.

I had to read your comment twice, because I honestly read "punch bowl" the first time around.

• LOL 6
On 3/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, Joan of Argh said:

It is like those makeup kits that one could sign up for back in the 80s and 90s.  Sometimes the stuff was useful but 99% of the time it was not.  I think the way it works for these particular boxes is she still has to pay for hers but gets a bit of $ if someone uses her code.  At least this is what I think I remember from when it was discussed in the Duggar board.  I think they ALL pick stuff like Strive/ugly jewelry/LLR etc because they know it will fail and they can write stuff off.  Although how long can that work before an accountant says its just a hobby?  God forbid these slothful folks get a real job.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Save your strength Janelle for waddling from the fridge to the couch.  Lifting heavy things should be the responsibility of your 25% husband and your PO'd son.

Sedona does look lovely.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

"Staying consistent with workouts."  Since when is Janelle consistent with anything?  Who's she trying to bullshit?  

To be fair, she consistently whines about time, game changing ingredients she never uses again, and driving us all crazy!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I had to read your comment twice, because I honestly read "punch bowl" the first time around.

Well she does often eat multiple servings or a health shake in addition to her usual meal.  The recipe may sound reasonable for her family of 7.25 people, but then it appears on her single place setting.  She probably read on the Internet that using a pretty placemat, nice cutlery and matching dishes improves consistency on diets. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

It is like those makeup kits that one could sign up for back in the 80s and 90s.  Sometimes the stuff was useful but 99% of the time it was not.  I think the way it works for these particular boxes is she still has to pay for hers but gets a bit of $ if someone uses her code.  At least this is what I think I remember from when it was discussed in the Duggar board.  I think they ALL pick stuff like Strive/ugly jewelry/LLR etc because they know it will fail and they can write stuff off.  Although how long can that work before an accountant says its just a hobby?  God forbid these slothful folks get a real job.  

Actually I saw a YouTube video of a woman who opened hers and it had some nice stuff in it.  Pricey items.  I think they are $49.95 each quarter and usually have $200+ of items in them and these looked like full size products.  My daughter did a small sample size make up that was sent monthly for $10.00.  It gives you a chance to try out items before buying them.  

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Actually I saw a YouTube video of a woman who opened hers and it had some nice stuff in it.  Pricey items.  I think they are $49.95 each quarter and usually have $200+ of items in them and these looked like full size products.  My daughter did a small sample size make up that was sent monthly for $10.00.  It gives you a chance to try out items before buying them.  

I think they're a good deal if you're the type of person who actually likes trying new products and uses the stuff.

My oldest niece would be an excellent person for a cosmetics themed box... She loves trying all that stuff and is always experimenting with new make-up techniques.

I just don't think Janelle is that type... I'm close to Janelle's age and I have the tried and true products I love and I'm pretty set on the make-up I wear... Not a lot and no experimenting so a box like that would be a waste for me.

• Love 8