Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 2/13/2019 at 9:09 AM, Sandy W said:

"Janelle was certified as a Health Coach through the Institue for Integrative Nutrition"  November 2017.

Reminds me of the Dick Tracey Detective badges you could send away for, as advertised in the old comic books.

I really can’t criticize, seeing as how I’m a Universal Life Minister. LOL. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I really can’t criticize, seeing as how I’m a Universal Life Minister. LOL. 

Me too. I've married a few people. I guess I'll be signing up to be a health coach next. You can say you posted with me before I was rich. 😂

Edited by Screetchingstop
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I can’t link the video. You don’t need Facebook to view it. It’s on the Strive with Janelle Facebook page at the top. It’s Janelle the coach............if anyone wants to see her coach, instead of reading............

38F5B9E9-2C74-4126-97CB-E116A5DE6F93.jpeg

Sorry if this has been brought up before. I was poking around on Strive with Janelle website and this is being offered. An affordable activity tracker, I can get with that. Except it is on the wrist upside down, has zero description of what it tracks or if there is an app that it comes with. This is not great marketing for a product that admittedly I'd pay for, because I am cheap AF. Make me want this product. 

p_strive-activity-tracker_1024x1024@2x.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Screetchingstop said:

Me too. I've married a few people. I guess I'll be signing up to be a health coach next. You can say you posted with me before I was rich. 😂

I have, too, including my son. It was great! Another couple I married is having their first baby today! She’s in labor right now. NOT in a bathtub, either. 

• Love 6

It really blows my mind that she has the balls to set herself up as any type of health, wellness etc etc coach.

She's overweight, her complexion screams unhealthy eating and a less than stellar cleaning and moisturizing routine.

WTF?  Who are these people paying for her advice? 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

They all look dirty, their houses are just a symptom.  Even the little kids look dirty.  

My southern Nana's terms come to mind pretty often: shiftless, slovenly, slipshod, Tobacco Road.

Kody - shiftless 

Janelle's feet, carpets/floors, birthing tub -slovenly

Kody's leadership/their finances - slipshod

The inoperable vehicles - Tobacco Road

~ My ex is listed in my phone as Shiftless & Slovenly ~ 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

In the video, Janelle says she has taken a snowshoeing orientation class, is going to learn kayaking, and that Kody gave her a mountain bike for Christmas. She also says she’s out of her routine, due to their move, and helping Maddie move.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

In the video, Janelle says she has taken a snowshoeing orientation class, is going to learn kayaking, and that Kody gave her a mountain bike for Christmas. She also says she’s out of her routine, due to their move, and helping Maddie move.

I applaud her for the snowshoeing, that surprised me. I thought for sure she'd be whining about the snow by now. 

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The "routine" stuff is annoying. She would probably do better to accept that being out of a routine is her routine and adjust. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle says she has taken a snowshoeing orientation class 

Was it offered by the same place she got her online health-coach certificate?  Stop yakking and show strivers videos of yourself actually DOING something.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

The elevation in Vegas is 2000 feet; Flag sits at 6900 feet. With the extra weight Janelle lugs around and how sedentary she has been for the last 7 years , I hope she sought medical advice before embarking on something as strenuous as snowshoeing at that altitude.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, suomi said:

The elevation in Vegas is 2000 feet; Flag sits at 6900 feet. With the extra weight Janelle lugs around and how sedentary she has been for the last 7 years , I hope she sought medical advice before embarking on something as strenuous as snowshoeing at that altitude.

No worries.  There is no way.  She probably huffs and puffs walking from the car to the door.   Bending over and putting on the snowshoes would be enough of a workout for the day.  Now - strive to take them off!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 2/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, Galloway Cave said:

What the what? That entire post is gibberish. I guess she is saying that every little event in her life upsets her "progress" and she just needs to let it go. I really think Janelle would be happiest sitting on the couch every day, not doing anything and not acknowledging anything happening around her.

She reminds me of some of the people on "My 600 lb life"

They have an endless list of excuses that amount to nothing more than what we all deal with on a daily basis....the difference is most of us just deal with it and continue to move forward while they latch on to it and use it to excuse their lack of progress. 🙄

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Oh my stars!  The most basic concept to exercising and it's new to her after all these years?  Schedule the time and just do something is back at the very, very beginning. 

Omg. Set aside 30 minutes to exercise and then, you know, actually exercise? Revolutionary!

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

How long has she been allegedly trying to lose weight? Was it even before the move to Las Vegas? She’s a health coach and doesn’t know to commit to 30 minutes of exercise a day? It is mind boggling!

But what also jumped out at me is that she had no specifics on what to do during those 30, or 26, minutes. I don’t read that and then think, oh I should try that! There’s no solid advice. And that right there is her problem. 

I would also argue her children are older, in school, and she doesn’t work, so setting aside 30 minutes is easy for her.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I would also argue her children are older, in school, and she doesn’t work, so setting aside 30 minutes is easy for her.

And with house cleaning that takes, what. 10 minutes a day that leaves her roughly 8 hours.  Oh, I forgot, she has to research the "fad of the day" on the internet.  Guess that eats up 7 of the hours.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2019 at 6:43 AM, ginger90 said:

In order for her to be out of her routine, she needs to have had a routine in the first place.  Her routine seems to be talking about what fabulous exercise method she wants to try/is eventually going to try/would try but she can't find her shoes, followed by posting about how much sludge one can add to a cup of coffee before it becomes a solid.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 2/26/2019 at 2:47 PM, ginger90 said:

I can’t link the video. You don’t need Facebook to view it. It’s on the Strive with Janelle Facebook page at the top. It’s Janelle the coach............if anyone wants to see her coach, instead of reading............

38F5B9E9-2C74-4126-97CB-E116A5DE6F93.jpeg

I can't get over how PARCHED her lips are... It resembles a zipper!  🤐

Good grief...It's called "WATER"...  Drink some! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

.Status of Janelle’s house. The price change was when a different realtor took over.

Also, one of her first posts as realtor for her own house.

5782F79E-8AFD-446C-9513-0579BCA5DD49.jpeg

291652E9-71BD-4C67-A8E7-F973123564D3.jpeg

Another marketing genius in the family.

• LOL 7

What is "Team Brown Vegas?"  Is that Janelle's account used for trying to unload these brown and beige McMansions?

I love it, though - "the yard is pool sized.  No pool though!  Add your own!  And feel free to use the herbs and veggies before they fry to a crisp in the unrelenting heat!"

Wonder if Janelle typed this brilliant missive as she was gnawing on a greek-yogurt air-fried bagel?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
Just now, laurakaye said:

I love it, though - "the yard is pool sized.  No pool though!  Add your own!  And feel free to use the herbs and veggies before they fry to a crisp in the unrelenting heat!"

Based on the comps I think she'd need to have a pool in that pool-sized side yard to get her asking price.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Those "bagels" look vile.  The whole idea behind good bagels is the boiling and baking cycles.   I bet you could break a tooth on those nasty looking things.

Right, and it will defeat the whole purpose of low calorie when she slathers on some real cream butter and probably some beet marmalade or some shit

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Those "bagels" look vile.  The whole idea behind good bagels is the boiling and baking cycles.   I bet you could break a tooth on those nasty looking things.

She's so lazy she can't be bothered to add her own baking powder and salt to regular or less-refined flour.  Those 8 grams of protein are wrapped up in 30 grams of animal-fattening-fodder, carbs!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/28/2019 at 11:42 AM, Kohola3 said:

And with house cleaning that takes, what. 10 minutes a day that leaves her roughly 8 hours.  Oh, I forgot, she has to research the "fad of the day" on the internet.  Guess that eats up 7 of the hours.

I don't think we've actually seen any evidence to support that house cleaning occurs. Remember the bathroom in LV

• LOL 2
On 2/28/2019 at 2:17 PM, laurakaye said:

In order for her to be out of her routine, she needs to have had a routine in the first place.  Her routine seems to be talking about what fabulous exercise method she wants to try/is eventually going to try/would try but she can't find her shoes, followed by posting about how much sludge one can add to a cup of coffee before it becomes a solid.

Heheheh, I see what you did there (smirk!)

• LOL 2
(edited)

Janelle’a tips remind me of Pippa Middleton’s book that gave great tips like red roses are great for Valentine’s Day and games are a good way to keep kids occupied. 

I do weight watchers and I would end up with no points left by lunch if I ate the food Janelle is proposing.

I don’t know why Janelle didn’t take the $6,000 and go to trade school instead. Learn to be a plumber or something where she would never have a problem finding a job to feed her family. Hell, make Kody take a course. These people do whatever they can to not get a real job. If you can pay $6,000 for stupid certificate that will do nothing to increase your income potential, don’t even talk again about how hard it is to pay for your kids to go to college. 

Edited by MakingBacon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

Sheet pan suppers!  My goodness, this is just a huge groundbreaking concept.  Who ever heard of such a thing - except on every cooking show for the last umpteen years.  Gah, this woman makes me tired.

And who cooks juicy vegetables on parchment?  Is that to help with clean up or to cover the mess that looks like the oil pan from a 57 Chevy?

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

98F6E5E3-1621-4724-A12E-AE357326B0FD.jpeg

"plus a win for nutrition and pocketbook by eating in"

1. How much do they eat out to provoke such a comment? And, the coolest thing ever? You sound like an idiot. People do this all the time. 

2.Those are the most unappetizing fajitas I've ever seen. The veggie/chicken ratio is very unbalanced--the peppers are the best part and there are hardly any there. 

All the photos of her culinary creations look terrible and she never ceases to surprise me with her lack of basic knowledge. Kohola3 mentioned the parchment paper--uh, no. Try the large size aluminum foil Janelle. Zero cleanup if it's done right. 

This woman is a moron who needs to stop this quest that is "Strive".  Janelle, all you do is struggle, not strive. You haven't appeared to have lost much weight and your posts make you sound like you're discovering something for the first time. You can't compose a post worth a shit--if you're being professional, you don't articulate that the sheet pan dinner is "the coolest thing ever".  You sound more like a 9-year-old versus 40-something, supposedly professional "health coach". 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

2.Those are the most unappetizing fajitas I've ever seen. The veggie/chicken ratio is very unbalanced--the peppers are the best part and there are hardly any there. 

Not to mention the veggies would be less calories. 

I wonder what she ate with it.

And Janelle, explain why it’s a win for nutrition when you eat at home. Explain how all that oil and butter at the restaurant is laden with calories. Oh yeah, she doesn’t understand it. She just parrots back what she has read.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Those are the most unappetizing fajitas I've ever seen.

Nope. Just nope. Fajitas are made in/on cast iron, where they carmalize to perfection. (This was my favorite meal to cook when I was a river guide).

I don't care how quick the recipe is, if it results in blah food it just isn't worth it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9