Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, deirdra said:

I sincerely doubt that Janelle would spend another 20 seconds with a nailbrush, like the ones OR doctors use before surgery, to clean her fingernails appropriately for massaging anything.  And what are the chances that she washed her left hand again after using it to take the massage photo? 

She probably just wiped it off on her shirt front or pants.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/8/2020 at 8:47 PM, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, but in the greater scheme of life, is the Hellman's/Best Foods Mayo going to kill you or Covid/Flu/old age/cancer etc etc etc. How much mayo do you have to eat to kill yourself with it...I wager to think a whole lot more than you put on a sandwich or two in the course of  a week.

So true.  

• Love 4
On 7/9/2020 at 9:38 AM, laurakaye said:

Translation:

I made a recipe.  I didn't take a picture of it. Look it up your damn self.

- Janelle

OMG that's the first good laugh I've had all day, thank you.

• LOL 3
(edited)

Well, I have to give her props for that, if she really did the whole thing it's over 7 miles.  What a gorgeous area.

Edited by Kohola3
looked it up
  • Love 9

My hell, that is beautiful! There's a canyon like that 20 minutes from me but I haven't gone there this year because I don't know if people are masking. My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and I'm considering a weekday picnic for that because I am so tired of being confined. It would be a tad cooler in the canyon, it's gonna be 94 in our valley today. But only 19% humidity. There are a couple reservoirs nearby (and lots of streams and rivers) but the shoreline is limited these days because of distancing. So I stay home... 😞

• Love 9
On 7/11/2020 at 3:39 PM, suomi said:

My hell, that is beautiful! There's a canyon like that 20 minutes from me but I haven't gone there this year because I don't know if people are masking. My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and I'm considering a weekday picnic for that because I am so tired of being confined. It would be a tad cooler in the canyon, it's gonna be 94 in our valley today. But only 19% humidity. There are a couple reservoirs nearby (and lots of streams and rivers) but the shoreline is limited these days because of distancing. So I stay home... 😞

Omg I would die for 19% humidity 💀 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
43 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes. @7.24pm  we are sitting at 94° with 41% humidity.

😩 😭 I’m so jealous! Our temps are similar but the humidity is soul sucking. And I’m saying that as someone who lived in GA for a while. 

Places with low humidity are like a magical fairy land to me. I visited a friend in Colorado once and was astounded by the lack of humidity. 

Edited by dreadfulLeigh
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

😩 😭 I’m so jealous! Our temps are similar but the humidity is soul sucking. And I’m saying that as someone who lived in GA for a while. 

Places with low humidity are like a magical fairy land to me. I visited a friend in Colorado once and was astounded by the lack of humidity. 

41% feels pretty high to me. Like breathing through a wet rag and that is without a mask. What is your humidity level?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Checked it out, here’s a snippet:

DCA4B1F6-345F-4CFA-9D0E-153445CEC7C8.jpeg

STOP, for fucks sake Janelle. Your “self. care” appears to still be on hold. 

Janelle, you suck at this whole health coaching thing. You’ve had years and still you barely have your toes in the water. You have no business in this field and all those certifications are doing you zero good. 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

STOP, for fucks sake Janelle. Your “self. care” appears to still be on hold. 

Janelle, you suck at this whole health coaching thing. You’ve had years and still you barely have your toes in the water. You have no business in this field and all those certifications are doing you zero good. 

Her "advice" is to tell women with negative body image issues who avoid wearing a bathing suit and going to the beach to "just put on your suit and go".  Wow, she is just such a motivator........NOT!

Then she goes to an almost deserted beach and doesn't even photograph any part of her body, just her head!  Then to make it even more unbelievable, she is obviously wearing a beach cover-up over her bathing suit.  And this is supposed to convince me that she is super confident and accepting of her "beautiful body"?  LOL, I think not!

• Love 19

Another tax write-off nothing business?  

AFAIK you can claim a business as a loss only for a certain number of years and after that you're on your own. 

Maybe this new business is supposed to replace another one whose usefulness as a tax dodge has ended.

• Useful 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

A morbidly obese, clueless “health coach” in poor health. Mind boggling..... 🤯

I wouldn't be surprised if her "clients" are in the mindset that since Janelle is large and "struggling" daily with her life style and health choices that she is then able to understand what they are going through with their struggles. Because, you know...a professional who has studied nutrition and is a healthy weight will never understand the day to day struggle of an overweight person.  🙄

...coupled with...OOHhh celebrity!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I can't believe that she's spending $6500 for that certification and that she is a health coach.  She could just go to the library and check out some books on Ayurvedic medicine.  But I guess there are suckers born every minute...

• Love 10

I doubt Janelle is going to know anymore about health after finishing this course than she did after getting the first certificate. I hope she got her tuition comped. I can just imagine the wisdom she'll dispense along with the giant salads and dusty exercise equipment.

That scar on her lip should remind her to be very, very careful in the midday sun. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, suomi said:

Another tax write-off nothing business?  

AFAIK you can claim a business as a loss only for a certain number of years and after that you're on your own. 

Maybe this new business is supposed to replace another one whose usefulness as a tax dodge has ended.

3 years is the limit, I think.  It is definitely time to stop Striving and start another tax dodge hobby.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Below her sponsored post, Janelle writes, "I am very happy I started working towards completing my basic Ayurveda Health Counselor certification."  That's a year after taking classes.  She tells her followers to expect to spend 12 hours a week (624 hours per year), and rhe basic coaching certification class is 500 hours.  She would need to speed up to sloth pace!

Wasn't she supposed to be a some type of certified nutrition coach with Strive?  That says everything about Strive, and this, and every Janelle business and her touted business acumen.  

• Love 13
(edited)

She, along with Gabe, and in the picture it looks like Savanah ( who she didn’t bother to mention), went from Arizona, to North Carolina. That makes my head spin.

Regardless of official state restrictions, common sense should prevail.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Below her sponsored post, Janelle writes, "I am very happy I started working towards completing my basic Ayurveda Health Counselor certification."  That's a year after taking classes.  She tells her followers to expect to spend 12 hours a week (624 hours per year), and rhe basic coaching certification class is 500 hours.  She would need to speed up to sloth pace!

Wasn't she supposed to be a some type of certified nutrition coach with Strive?  That says everything about Strive, and this, and every Janelle business and her touted business acumen.  

Two hours a day of studying is a big chunk out of Janelle's "busy" day. Has she mentioned this course before now? Studying sounds like a great excuse not to cook or exercise. 

The Browns certainly spend a lot of time and energy trying to make a living without having jobs. I've always found it easier just to do a job and get paid. I suppose the show is close to that for them, but all this other stuff sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Maybe the tax write off is necessary. 

• Love 16
(edited)

She's been posting recipes from their website for a couple-three years now, usually mentioning digestion. 

ETA - She's probably getting some sort of a discount, but I doubt they're comping the entire cost of the "tuition".  It sounds as if it's just watching a lot of videos and probably taking some sort of multiple-choice quiz at the end of each one with a big old multi choice official test at the end.  I browsed the website a bit and of course there's a big old article on Coronavirus, they don't go all out and say you can prevent COVID from following their advice but they kind of tiptoe around saying it outright. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Two hours a day of studying is a big chunk out of Janelle's "busy" day. Has she mentioned this course before now? Studying sounds like a great excuse not to cook or exercise. 

The Browns certainly spend a lot of time and energy trying to make a living without having jobs. I've always found it easier just to do a job and get paid. I suppose the show is close to that for them, but all this other stuff sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Maybe the tax write off is necessary. 

Janelle has vaguely mentioned here and there in her Strive posts about things an Ayurveda practitioner has said etc, but never mentioned taking a course on the subject that I can remember.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

That looks so plain...

and overcooked for those wonderful fresh squash... Amazingly no mention of the 16 herbs and spices she added...looks like none to me...

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 8:41 AM, ginger90 said:

She, along with Gabe, and in the picture it looks like Savanah ( who she didn’t bother to mention), went from Arizona, to North Carolina. That makes my head spin.

Regardless of official state restrictions, common sense should prevail.

Somehow I missed that they took this trip. It's appalling! Among other things, Janelle's morbid obesity puts her in the high-risk category.  Plus they could have brought the virus with them from the airport/plane/Flagstaff etc. Caleb and Madison should have said no.

Edited by Teafortwo
7 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Somehow I missed that they took this trip. It's appalling! Among other things, Janelle's morbid obesity puts her in the high-risk category.  Plus they could have brought the virus with them from the airport/plane/Flagstaff etc. Caleb and Madison should have said no.

Should have... but common sense doesn't seem to have a place among this family.

• Love 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

And there probably is not a direct route; they would have spread and collected germs on 4 planes and in 3-4 airports round trip and everywhere else they visited on vacation from their vacation.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And there probably is not a direct route; they would have spread and collected germs on 4 planes and in 3-4 airports round trip and everywhere else they visited on vacation from their vacation.

True.  Why not do a road trip they could take turns driving.  Still I wouldn't want to expose my grand children to something or like someone else said, Janelle possibly get something from Caleb who travels for work.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

True.  Why not do a road trip they could take turns driving.  Still I wouldn't want to expose my grand children to something or like someone else said, Janelle possibly get something from Caleb who travels for work.

I postponed my yearly trip to visit my kids and grands in CA for June in April. No way was I getting on a plane and flying to a state that was having so many cases (from MT, at that point we were doing OK) . I have baby grands and would never put them at risk, besides being old and diabetic myself at high risk.  This "fambly of Brown clowns" flaunting all precautions and traveling all over just disgust me. They don't care about anything but their own wants, screw everyone else 

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

They don't care about anything but their own wants, screw everyone else 

That seems to be the MO for half the population these days.  I'd like to smack everyone not wearing a mask but they don't care.  They even SAY they don't care if they kill somebody.  It's disgusting.

• Love 4
(edited)

Damn. I wonder how much he's paying Janelle for the infomercial.

I'll give my feel good summer tips right here!!!

• Drink lots of water
  • Have a cocktail once in awhile
  • Summer reads are the best reads
  • Eat summer fruit now while it's at its peak
  • Wear sunscreen
  • Walk

No charge! 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 24

Anytime I see the word "Belly" I associate it with fat.  Even if it's just a roly poly little baby belly that you blow raspberries on.

If you are talking about Belly it equals fat.

Pot Belly.  Beer Belly.  Baby Belly.    Face it.  If you see someone who is fit and trim and has a thin figure you don't say they have a "nice belly".  

To me "Joyful Belly" is one full of Dr. Pepper and some chips.  Or cookies.  "I just finished off a pint of Hagan Daz.  I have a joyful belly".  I can TOTALLY see the appeal it had for Janelle.

mmm hmmm.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4