Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Sadly, these women can't get out of their own way to switch the dynamic up. There is four of them and one Kody. Strength in numbers. Instead of scrambling to be the best wife, they should have Kody scrambling to show his worth. Granted this would likely be impossible with someone like Meri in the mix, but I'll never understand why when things go bad, the women don't stand together.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Sadly, these women can't get out of their own way to switch the dynamic up. There is four of them and one Kody. Strength in numbers. Instead of scrambling to be the best wife, they should have Kody scrambling to show his worth. Granted this would likely be impossible with someone like Meri in the mix, but I'll never understand why when things go bad, the women don't stand together.

Meri's mantra goes something like All for One, (her), and none for y'all.

I can recall two instances when Meri failed to be supportive of Christine.  The first was when Meri was laid up with a broken leg.  Christine was having serious issues in her marriage and paid homage to Meri as first wife and came to her seeking advice and guidance in how best to handle the situation.  Instead of mentoring Christine, Meri sneered at her concerns and effectively told her to suck it up.

The most egregious event was when they were at Coyote Pass and Kody gaslighted Christine by leading her to believe he would be supportive of her wish to move to Utah.  Christine was heartbroken when Kody led the charge to belittle her suggestion.  Meri at first appeared to be rising to the occasion when she stood, called Christine aside, and put an arm around her shoulder, only to demean Christine further by insisting "you don't get to do this" and "look at those mountains" as if gazing upon those hillocks would wash away years of emotional abuse for Christine and her children.

• Love 17
37 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Meri's "you don't get to do this" was a huge slap in the face to Christine, because if Sam had been a real man and not a catfish, MERI would've been the one who bailed.  So when Meri told Christine that she couldn't leave, what she meant was that Christine couldn't leave until Meri did.  Yet another sick way of interacting - they're all miserable, none of them can bear to be known as the ONE WHO LEFT, but also they all secretly want to be the first to leave and skip away to live happily ever after while those who remain still fight for Kody's crumbs.

The gaslighting of Christine remains one of the most painful things I have ever seen on this show, and there's been plenty.  Kody was as disgusting as we've ever seen him, Janelle was useless and couldn't get out of her folding chair even if she wanted to, and Meri was full of so much crap I'm surprised she could stand upright.

Well said! 
Janelle seemed to pile on with her angry posture and saying "There's nothing in Utah for ME"

Heck, they're making ME miserable! Lol. The only reason I stick around is for all of YOU and your deliciously snarky, hilarious, and brilliant comments. I get FOMO just thinking about the show being canceled and not seeing everyone's take on things here, the recaps and all the lovely convos.

Didn't they mildly band together at one point and Kody got upset and made some rude comments? Am I wishful thinking this? It was over something really minor, and I don't remember which season.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

. The only reason I stick around is for all of YOU and your deliciously snarky, hilarious, and brilliant comments. I get FOMO just thinking about the show being canceled and not seeing everyone's take on things here, the recaps and all the lovely convos.

The first few seasons were fun, the rest not so much. I’d only watch if I had nothing better to do and accidentally stumbled upon an episode that was airing. Then I discovered this forum… and I have learned to love the show because of this forum, not because of the show😉

• Love 17
7 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Well said! 
Janelle seemed to pile on with her angry posture and saying "There's nothing in Utah for ME"

Heck, they're making ME miserable! Lol. The only reason I stick around is for all of YOU and your deliciously snarky, hilarious, and brilliant comments. I get FOMO just thinking about the show being canceled and not seeing everyone's take on things here, the recaps and all the lovely convos.

Didn't they mildly band together at one point and Kody got upset and made some rude comments? Am I wishful thinking this? It was over something really minor, and I don't remember which season.

When the show is finally cancelled we should start a google group or listserve of some sort. Just for small talk.

• Love 11

Something I was just thinking about:  He divorced Meri to legally marry Robyn.  Yet the two of them maintain that they are still spiritually married. That doesn't make sense, does it? You divorce, but you don't...

I would have expected a spiritual renewal of the vows. To sort of re-establish the relationship that had just legally ended. At the very least, it would have been respectful to Meri as it would have widely acknowledged her sacrifice and bond to Kody. It's one reason why people renew their wedding vows.

So, it's my guess that Kody found the adoption-storyline convenient to get rid of Meri and had no desire to still have her included as a wife, hence no renewal of spiritual vows. Meri was being dragged along to Flagstaff as a so called spiritual wife for the show and tolerated when needed for filming. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

Something I was just thinking about:  He divorced Meri to legally marry Robyn.  Yet the two of them maintain that they are still spiritually married. That doesn't make sense, does it? You divorce, but you don't...

I would have expected a spiritual renewal of the vows. To sort of re-establish the relationship that had just legally ended. At the very least, it would have been respectful to Meri as it would have widely acknowledged her sacrifice and bond to Kody. It's one reason why people renew their wedding vows.

So, it's my guess that Kody found the adoption-storyline convenient to get rid of Meri and had no desire to still have her included as a wife, hence no renewal of spiritual vows. Meri was being dragged along to Flagstaff as a so called spiritual wife for the show and tolerated when needed for filming. 

Tolerates is a good way to describe it—it’s quite easy to see his disdain for Meri.  I just watched the divorce episode while doing an indoor cycle and at least during those times, he made an effort to seem kind to her—he maybe even liked her somewhat, before the Sam thing was outed (and for which she took no blame, even though she was warned). 

Anyway. For a while after the catfish fiasco, Meri was the main draw for the show and I’m sure Kody knew it—as much as he dislikes her. However, after time, the same old storyline “I’m unhappy, I’m sharing cryptic SM posts but I’m not going anywhere” has become stale. We are becoming bored with this and tired of being played by Meri’s fake storylines. 

With Christine actually doing something real and dramatic, it’ll be interesting to see how Kody interacts with Meri now that she’s no longer the drama queen that keeps people watching. Kody cannot stand her. 

I don’t feel sorry for Meri one bit—she’s been a calculated manipulator, makes money from a predatory company and is a lumbering, angry sourpuss. You reap what you sow and she has sowed crops of deception. She’s getting a dose of karma and she’s too delusional to realize it. 

Edited to Add: Meri is also a coward—she talks a big game with her hashtags but is too afraid to make a scary move like Christine. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 17

I think Kody's disdain for Meri was a process. I think he loved her from the beginning and relied on her a lot during the marriage and unknowingly fell prey to her manipulation. Even when Robyn came on board I believe Kody still really loved Meri. Once Meri quasi cheated, I think Kody was hurt and embarrassed. I'm also guessing during the time following the catfish Janelle, Christine and Robyn were more bold in pointing out how Meri has always been.

Kind of like Christine and Kody - it took an event - the pandemic, for Christine to wake up. For Kody it took the catfish to wake him up.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, LilyD said:

I believe what they mean is that they are still sealed - which is a Mormon belief about spiritual marriage.  If you marry and then divorced, you need to then be "unsealed"...however that would have consequences for the afterlife of a single woman. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealing_(Mormonism)

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Edited to Add: Meri is also a coward—she talks a big game with her hashtags but is too afraid to make a scary move like Christine. 

Agree with your post, but I don't think this move was so scary for Christine. She sold her house (and if I recall correctly, the house was in her name alone so she should have reaped whatever financial gains from that sale), PLUS Christine has most of her family in Utah so she has that love and support behind her.

What does Meri have? Her mother, with whom she was close, passed away in March. Her daughter barely tolerates her, and I think that was mainly because Meri's TLC money, LulaRo sales, and B&B earnings were paying a lot of Mariah's (and Audrey's) expenses. If Meri left Kody/the TLC show, I believe that Mariah would have little to do with her mother unless she was still getting cash. I don't know how many family members Meri still has for provide love and support, so if she officially left Kody before the TLC show ends, she would be adrift, pretty much alone. She has friends, but what kind  are they--true blue (stick by no matter what) or fair weather (only hang on while there's cash, fame, and good times)? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Here's the dill - anyone who makes it through the entire show and reports back

No WAY am I watching these two ridiculous magpies.

You'd better start including some cash in that bribe if you want to work on your "sock drawer". 😆

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

You guys, it's Friday With Friends night!  Here's the dill - anyone who makes it through the entire show and reports back, I will send you some homemade rice krispie treats, a brand-new black Sharpie eyebrow pencil, and a LLR denim vest, size XXS.  I would totally watch it but my sock drawer isn't going to organize itself, you fill me? :)

I take my bribes in the form of bottles of Smironoff, thank you!  😛

• LOL 18

I would bet Meri doesn’t even have a rental in Flagstaff anymore. She is rarely there and it’s easy to get a hotel room when they need to film with her. Maybe she made a friend there who lets Meri use the house as her rental when needed for filming. I just can’t see a reason for Meri to rent a place she rarely uses. I could see it for the first season in Flagstaff when there was hope of a Meri storyline needing the use of a house but there is really no point now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I would bet Meri doesn’t even have a rental in Flagstaff anymore. She is rarely there and it’s easy to get a hotel room when they need to film with her. Maybe she made a friend there who lets Meri use the house as her rental when needed for filming. I just can’t see a reason for Meri to rent a place she rarely uses. I could see it for the first season in Flagstaff when there was hope of a Meri storyline needing the use of a house but there is really no point now.

Interesting suggestion... I guess we'll have to pay attention to the upcoming episodes and anything she posts online. We know what her house and frumpy stuff look like, so if that doesn't show, she's somewhere else.

Also, I'm calling out to our primetimer-super sleuths to answer this question! So much has been uncovered or busted by this gang that the guys from Mythbusters must see green with envy!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Maybe she made a friend there who lets Meri use the house as her rental when needed for filming. I just can’t see a reason for Meri to rent a place she rarely uses. 

A lawn chair on someone's driveway or out by the Prairie Plague Pond to meet Kootie or other family members is all she & TLC need.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is the house with the elevator  Meri’s home, as of the last season shown? She moved since then, correct?

Yes, her lawn chair was out on the driveway of a different house last year.  The one with the elevator had a right-angle bend in the driveway that Kootie had a really hard time backing into during one of her previous moves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Yes, her lawn chair was out on the driveway of a different house last year.  The one with the elevator had a right-angle bend in the driveway that Kootie had a really hard time backing into during one of her previous moves.

Thanks!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

You're correct that it doesn't make sense and it a waste of money, and this is an interesting thought, but that's logical thinking. Meri and the other Browns don't think that way.

She could film almost anywhere...true enough...but she does need a place to store all her LuLaRags. An economical storage unit could be used for that, but in Meri's mind her LuLaRags need to live in a fancy home, along with her spirit children.

Granted, she could do that in some place other than Flagstaff, but I believe Meri will continue to rent exorbitantly expensive homes in Flagstaff, at least as long as cameras are rolling and she has show income. She wants to stay out of spite, to let the rest of the family know that no matter how much they ignore her, she intends to be a thorn in their side forevermore, and she wants to do it in style so she'll rent the most expensive monstrosity she can afford.

If anyone comes up with proof that she's left Flagstaff and instead rented or bought a place that's more central to where she actually spends her time, I'll be shocked. I don't think Meri's ready to give up her "I'm not going anywhere" campaign of spiteful bitterness yet.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

If anyone comes up with proof that she's left Flagstaff and instead rented or bought a place that's more central to where she actually spends her time, I'll be shocked. I don't think Meri's ready to give up her "I'm not going anywhere" campaign of spiteful bitterness yet.

I do see Meri keeping the B&B because it has meaning to her, but if she buys a place to call home, I bet it will be in Las Vegas because she always loved it there and we’ve heard her say that she has friends there.  I can’t imagine there are enough friends or stimulating things to do in Parowan to be enough for her and what does she have in Flagstaff?  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I do see Meri keeping the B&B because it has meaning to her, but if she buys a place to call home, I bet it will be in Las Vegas because she always loved it there and we’ve heard her say that she has friends there.  I can’t imagine there are enough friends or stimulating things to do in Parowan to be enough for her and what does she have in Flagstaff?  

I’m betting on vegas, too (pun intended), at least she could have an apartment there or something. It’s also quicker to get from Vegas to Parawan than it is from Flag. 

Knowing Meri, though, she’ll fake her way through until the end. I don’t know if she realises—or cares—we can see though her fakery and that’s she’s now one of the boring bunch. Yawn. 

• Love 7
On 11/13/2021 at 7:18 AM, ginger90 said:

Fridays with Friends video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWMcfv7AFN9/

She’s in Utah. In the comments, someone asked if she’s going to visit Christine. No response.

Her friend is staying at Lizzie’s at least through the school year, according to another question in the comments  that was asked, and actually answered.

Is it just me or is this odd? Why is the friend needing to live there, and for so long? I thought I'd read that she was married..is her husband living there, too? Or maybe they're divorcing and she's getting her feet under her? (which would make sense.) Is Meri just not renting rooms while the friend and kids are there--are there any rooms left to rent out? It sounds like the house is full.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Is it just me or is this odd? Why is the friend needing to live there, and for so long? I thought I'd read that she was married..is her husband living there, too? Or maybe they're divorcing and she's getting her feet under her? (which would make sense.) Is Meri just not renting rooms while the friend and kids are there--are there any rooms left to rent out? It sounds like the house is full.

I feel like I read something here about Meri's friend's husband needing to relocate for work or something, but really no matter the reason, I'm with you, this is odd.

This "friend" appears to be using Meri for a free place to stay. Maybe she does a ton of work around the B&B and I'm just too suspicious...just seems like this lady gets her kids housed and possibly her husband is visiting there part of the time too...that's a lot of commotion and not many rooms left to rent out.

I'm pretty harsh on Meri generally, but I feel a bit bad for her when I see things like this, where I suspect this chick is just using her. Meri is an easy target for anyone looking to take advantage...parasitic people can easily see through Meri's smokescreen of fake happiness and realize how deeply lonely she is.

But about the time I feel sorry for her, she puts out another "Friday with Friends" video where she's acting like a half-drunk jr high girl and I lose all my sympathy again. 

I guess Meri has decided it's worth it to give this lady a home indefinitely in exchange for giggling like a loon on camera once a week. Seems like buying friends to me.

I don't think Meri has many real friends, who aren't in some way trying to get something from her...using her D-list fame, her LuLaRags "friends" using her position within that company, getting a free place to stay, etc.

But, Meri does love to go on social media and let us all know how utterly fabulous her vacuous life is. So I guess she's fine with it.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

This "friend" appears to be using Meri for a free place to stay. Maybe she does a ton of work around the B&B and I'm just too suspicious...just seems like this lady gets her kids housed and possibly her husband is visiting there part of the time too...that's a lot of commotion and not many rooms left to rent out.

Friend pays for 7 nights of B&B room.  Meri pays Friend for work in the B&B for cleaning and cooking. Rinse and repeat.

• Useful 4

I've tried watching the friday/friends videos a few times and they are so inane. Although in this one I got strangely focused on her friend trying to arrange her hair so it doesn't look stringy and greasy. But guess what? It is stringy and greasy. She should have washed it before going live. And that's all I've got to contribute. I moved on to Meri's eyebrows and that's where I left it.

• LOL 12
52 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Friend pays for 7 nights of B&B room.  Meri pays Friend for work in the B&B for cleaning and cooking. Rinse and repeat.

I am probably dense and just not reading between the lines enough, but can you elaborate? I mean, are you saying we actually know somehow that Meri pays her (and all the paperwork that would involve) and Friend actually pays to stay there?

Because Friend has kids and would need several rooms. There's no way she could earn enough as a B&B Employee to pay the expensive going rates on several rooms...seems more likely that Scammy Friend wants to take it out in trade. That way she can get several rooms that would end up costing thousands by the end of the week for spending 10 minutes a day dusting Meri's "antiques".

Unless somebody has proof that money is changing hands, I think Scammy Friend is taking Meri for a ride. 

46 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I am probably dense and just not reading between the lines enough, but can you elaborate? I mean, are you saying we actually know somehow that Meri pays her (and all the paperwork that would involve) and Friend actually pays to stay there?

Because Friend has kids and would need several rooms. There's no way she could earn enough as a B&B Employee to pay the expensive going rates on several rooms...seems more likely that Scammy Friend wants to take it out in trade. That way she can get several rooms that would end up costing thousands by the end of the week for spending 10 minutes a day dusting Meri's "antiques".

Unless somebody has proof that money is changing hands, I think Scammy Friend is taking Meri for a ride. 

I think there is an ADU where Meri's mother lived when she managed the inn.  Maybe that's where the Friend and her kids stay?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone know how many guests the B & B has on average every month? Has it ever made any money to speak of? Maybe Meri's friend is paying all the expenses while they're there and its a break even deal.

I think what we have guessed in the past is that Meri isn't exactly doing a hopping business in such an out-of-the-way place.

Meri does run it as a business though, and has a business loan, etc. so because of that, I don't think Friday Friend could start paying utility bills or something, that would royally mess up Meri's business expenses at tax time. 

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I am going out on a limb and "supposing" a potential way that the books could be cooked.

The friend could pay for rooms and lets just say that 7 days comes to a total of $500.  Pay in cash and on the books there is a booking for 7 days.  Then lots of cooking and cleaning needs to be done...and then the friend does all the work and earns $500 for the week. Then she is paid out and so on and so on.  I was just being snarky with a "well...it could be like this..." kind of thing.

The best way to cook any books is with cash transactions and only "hiring" people on a temporary as needed basis. An actual employee involves a lot of paperwork and a paper trail, but Meri has even stated that she brings in a cook and a cleaner for when people DO stay in the B&B. I highly doubt they are "on the books" employees but someone local paid as needed, like a sub contractor.

There was a blurp I read on Reddit where someone traveled through Parawon and drove past the B&B and stopped at the local diner and asked a waitress if the B&Bwas busy.  The waitress told them that she thought it had closed up, she has never seen anyone there. We know people have been there (even someone from this board spent the night pre-Covid) but no one seems to know anything about how busy or not busy it is lately.

As you said, with this friend there and her children it doesn't seem like a place you would want to stay and if there is actually any rooms available if anyone would want to.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
Just now, Roslyn said:

...but no one seems to know anything about how busy or not busy it is lately.

All I know is that when I search for a room on pretty much any date, there is always something available.  Some seem to be blocked for weeks at a time which makes me think ther pal is living in one or two of them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

There was a blurp I read on Reddit where someone traveled through Parawon and drove past the B&B and stopped at the local diner and asked a waitress if the B&Bwas busy.  The waitress told them that she thought it had closed up, she has never seen anyone there. We know people have been there (even someone from this board spent the night pre-Covid) but no one seems to know anything about how busy or not busy it is lately.

Thanks for the answer, very informative. I didn't think Meri was swamped with guests, but I didn't think it was this bad...if you get to the point that locals think it's not even open anymore, that's pretty awful.

Meri did need to find some semblance of a replacement for Bonnie...not even necessarily as an employee, but someone to just "be" there. It's bad for a house to sit empty, that's when everything starts to break. Mariah seemed disinterested, or perhaps already had other plans.

With business being that bad, Meri probably can't afford to pay someone much to be an on again/off again hostess. Not many people would want to be bothered even doing it. Maybe Friday Friend is the only person she could get to take such a spotty, unofficial "job".

I wouldn't be Meri's stooge in those FWF videos even if she gave me the whole house and an impressive salary, though. That chick needs to raise her standards.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How long has she owned the inn? Would Meri still be paying off her business loan? I think business loans are shorter term than, like, say, mortgage loans.

I believe she purchased it in 2017.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri also has some quote about kindness and forgiveness—she just doesn’t see how hypocritical her posts are. She must see someone entirely different when she looks in the mirror. 

She does see something different - the mirror has no filter.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 18
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Would Meri still be paying off her business loan?

She did some very "creative" financing with a cousin or something, it seemed really shady...she was struggling to scrape enough together to buy the place, and even had to talk Bonnie into selling her house. Most people also believe she seriously overpaid for the place.

I would guess there's no possible way Meri could be done making her loan payments yet.

I would also suspect that a somewhat shady lender, and it not being a traditional mortgage as you say, has probably led to a very high payment.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

🤮🙄🤔

https://okmagazine.com/p/meri-brown-shares-inspiring-quote-about-people-who-choose-you-amid-christine-and-kody-split/

Meri also has some quote about kindness and forgiveness—she just doesn’t see how hypocritical her posts are. She must see someone entirely different when she looks in the mirror. 

Yep...Meri's self-awareness is completely non-existent at this point.

I really enjoyed this quote from the article about Meri & Kody's relationship:

"It’s all fake,” an insider revealed. “They’re together for TV, essentially.”

YOU DON'T SAY!

Thank God OK Magazine had an insider to tell them that shocking info. We "outsiders" never would have guessed.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1