Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Has Meri *finally* come to the realization Kody has no interest in rekindling anything with her? How many times does she have to hear “I have no spark for you” before she finally accepts it? Meri trying to push the “romance” last year was really awkward. Kody was visibly repulsed. 

Even when Meri thought she was “in love” with fake Sam it was awkward. There’s nothing alluring about stompy, boring Meri Brown. 

https://okmagazine.com/p/sister-wives-meri-brown-reflects-losing-love-pieces-of-yourself-kody-brown-marriage-crumbles/

I have read posts by Meri's fans that one of her mother's last wishes was that she remain committed to her "marriage" with Kody.  I don't know where this information was garnered from, it may have just been people surmising this.

Polygamy must do strange things to the brain function of women participating in the lifestyle.  My mother would have smacked me upside the head (figuratively if not literally), if I ever demeaned myself the way Meri has.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I have read posts by Meri's fans that one of her mother's last wishes was that she remain committed to her "marriage" with Kody.  I don't know where this information was garnered from, it may have just been people surmising this.

Polygamy must do strange things to the brain function of women participating in the lifestyle.  My mother would have smacked me upside the head (figuratively if not literally), if I ever demeaned myself the way Meri has.  

Not to speak ill of the dead or anything, but if this is true, then what a shitty thing of her mother to do. I tend not to have much sympathy for Meri, but guilting her into staying in a crap marriage/relationship - and this IS a CRAP relationship - as a dying wish is a terrible manipulation, especially with how close she and her mother were. This is her life, not her mother's.

• Love 14

I do remember it being mentioned sometime on the show that Meri's mother really liked Kootie.  I agree that if it's true that Bonnie told Meri it was her dying wish that she stay married to that jackass, that is truly shitty as she must have known how unhappy Meri was, and I'm no fan of Meri's.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Quote from the article: Meri said she wanted to kiss Kody, but he made it clear he wasn't interested. “Romance and sex are saved in my world for people who are in love," he later said to the camera of the incident.

Ouch…how much clearer does he have to be before she finally gets it??? It’s actually quite scary to have an ex-lover who so desperately clings on and doesn’t get a single hint, no matter how blunt and obvious…

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Sociology101 said:

Stoped in Parowan on our way back to Vegas yesterday and couldn't resist doing a drive-by past Lizzie's. Really no need for Halloween decor as the house directly across the street looked terrifying. 

1319245061_Lizzies.png.122a212d7f6f15a70653d6b833588cf9.png

scary.png.ef70cfc10114aad4b54b2f18033b11b3.png

Wow, that’s a shame. Here’s a picture of the house across the street when it was still Victoria’s Bed & Breakfast:

EF321064-8079-4D59-8D37-4AB0538E4EE0.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 5

That house across from Meri's B&B looks like it was taken directly from the imagination of Stephen King.

@Sociology101, what are those white sheets off to the right - are those tents?  And is the scary Prophet truck still on the property?  I would think that if I were a weary traveler in Parowan and thought about stopping at Lizzie's for some rest, one glance at that creepy mansion would keep me on the road for a little bit longer looking for the nearest Holiday Inn.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That house across from Meri's B&B looks like it was taken directly from the imagination of Stephen King.

@Sociology101, what are those white sheets off to the right - are those tents?  And is the scary Prophet truck still on the property?  I would think that if I were a weary traveler in Parowan and thought about stopping at Lizzie's for some rest, one glance at that creepy mansion would keep me on the road for a little bit longer looking for the nearest Holiday Inn.

This formerly charming house is quite intriguing and appears to have a storied past according to Zillow. https://www.zillow.com/homes/111-E-100-N-Parowan,-UT-84760_rb/229637343_zpid/

"Pioneer built and Wonderful Family home for 11 children. One block to School. Big yard and garden, fruit trees. Greenhouse. On Corner so plenty of side parking. South facing so evenings on Porch are great. Southwest breeze. Fallout Shelters also."

Sadly, I would guess a reclusive and mentally ill person is the current resident. Sheets covering overgrown shrubs, weeds and dying vehicles all say "I'm not okay!". 

Parowan used to be an employment center for people in the iron industry but that ended in the 1850's. 

Edited by Sociology101
  • Useful 9
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Sociology101 said:

This formerly charming house is quite intriguing and appears to have a storied past according to Zillow. https://www.zillow.com/homes/111-E-100-N-Parowan,-UT-84760_rb/229637343_zpid/

"Pioneer built and Wonderful Family home for 11 children. One block to School. Big yard and garden, fruit trees. Greenhouse. On Corner so plenty of side parking. South facing so evenings on Porch are great. Southwest breeze. Fallout Shelters also."

Sadly, I would guess a reclusive and mentally ill person is the current resident. Sheets covering overgrown shrubs, weeds, dying vehicles all say "I'm not okay!". 

Parowan used to be an employment center for people in the iron industry but that ended in the 1850's. 

I think their Zestimate is off.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

I think their Zestimate is off.

Does anyone remember what Meri paid for the BnB?  We haven't seen the interior of the home across the street and it may need extensive upgrading, but it has far better "bones" than the BnB and is considerably larger as well as being brick exterior rather than wood as Meri's is.  If given a choice, I would be all over the challenge of restoring what has once been a grand family home, rather than the rather plain farmhouse style of the BnB.

• Love 4

So according to the B&B's website:

"All of our accommodations are complete with deeply comfortable mattresses, period furniture, modern bath accommodations. In addition, you’ll find gas fireplaces, thick luxurious bed coverings, plump over-sized pillows, and antique four-poster beds. The walls in our rooms are papered in petit fleur coverings and a superb collection of 19th century photo art can be found throughout the inn."

Then there are pictures of the beds. Nothing says thick and luxurious more than a ... quilt? And I just see normal sized pillows and no four-poster beds. (Sorry, I don't consider the one with the short posts a four-poster bed.) I know I may being picky, but if I'm promised the drama of a four-poster bed and I get there and see a mattress frame/flimsy headboard combo, I'm not going to be psyched.

1532987403_BBBed2.jpg.41fc719e5d7a04614e057cbc57aa07c9.jpg

199891049_BBBed3.jpg.54055960695f5e5c0befb5508d823c0d.jpg

679918184_BBBed1.jpg.b894bb207095126696bb981070be110a.jpg

462816886_BBBed.jpg.e3ef8e2f82e4fa2215dd5bc95c89cd6e.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

None of those pictures show a four poster bed.  Four finials does not equal 4 posters.  My bed from the 1860's is much prettier.  It has a beautiful tall headboard and footboard.  My house has actual "period furniture".  I am not impressed.

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

None of those pictures show a four poster bed.  Four finials does not equal 4 posters.  My bed from the 1860's is much prettier.  It has a beautiful tall headboard and footboard.  My house has actual "period furniture".  I am not impressed.

Exactly. As originally designed,  four-poster beds have four tall posts at each corner of equal height that can support a panel over the bed and draperies to prevent drafts from seeping in.

• Love 12

But, but, the petit fleur wallpapers, that Vicki carefully selected from the remnant bins at the paint and paper store! 

Rest your weary head on a four poster bed at the Inn and transport yourself to the lavender fields of Provence.

• LOL 12
3 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Exactly. As originally designed,  four-poster beds have four tall posts at each corner of equal height that can support a panel over the bed and draperies to prevent drafts from seeping in.

The four-poster was not only designed to prevent drafts.  The roofs were thatch, and the canopy that was supported by the posts also prevented rats and other varmints that lived in the thatch from falling on the sleeper.  And rain.  Four posters were designed as protection while one slept.  They were made for function, not beauty.  This B and B does not have four-posters.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, Teri313 said:

So according to the B&B's website:

"All of our accommodations are complete with deeply comfortable mattresses, period furniture, modern bath accommodations. In addition, you’ll find gas fireplaces, thick luxurious bed coverings, plump over-sized pillows, and antique four-poster beds. The walls in our rooms are papered in petit fleur coverings and a superb collection of 19th century photo art can be found throughout the inn."

Then there are pictures of the beds. Nothing says thick and luxurious more than a ... quilt? And I just see normal sized pillows and no four-poster beds. (Sorry, I don't consider the one with the short posts a four-poster bed.) I know I may being picky, but if I'm promised the drama of a four-poster bed and I get there and see a mattress frame/flimsy headboard combo, I'm not going to be psyched.

1532987403_BBBed2.jpg.41fc719e5d7a04614e057cbc57aa07c9.jpg

199891049_BBBed3.jpg.54055960695f5e5c0befb5508d823c0d.jpg

679918184_BBBed1.jpg.b894bb207095126696bb981070be110a.jpg

462816886_BBBed.jpg.e3ef8e2f82e4fa2215dd5bc95c89cd6e.jpg

Yeah…….to me, thick luxurious bed coverings are fluffy comforters (i don’t see evidence of a comforter under those quilts). I had a quilt years ago and HATED it for sleeping. They’re ugly, flat and uncomfortable. 

That whole B&B looks uncomfortable to me, but I’m not a fan of B&Bs so there’s already a bias there. I want a hot tub, a gym, a fluffy cozy king bed, a plush bathrobe, in-room coffee and a fridge for my special foods (kinda needy, I know, but after spending so much time working in the backcountry and sleeping on the ground with no shower for weeks—I can deal with anything, I just don’t want to 🤣). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Random fun fact: when I search on Airbnb or VRBO, if the beds aren't made perfectly in the pictures, I pass on the place.  I need the beds to look neat and CLEAN.  A wrinkled comforter is a hard no.

And while Meri's beds are made to my standards, I can't shake the Lizzie Borden vibe I get from every room.  They just look dusty and unused.

• Love 17

I love a nice wreath, but dang are they dust catchers. I prefer crisp white bedding now. I used to buy floral or printed comforters, but over time from washing (yes Meri) washing the colors fade, plus my washing machine could barely hold a king, I have switched to duvet, yes a pain to put on but fits in the machine easily. I do see some antique items here and there but most looks like 2nd hand furniture. Don't get me started on the old time photos of people, I literally would have to cover those with a towel as I would fee like the eyes were following me

• Love 14

Gotta be honest here and say that those pictures look typical of the bed and breakfasts I have stayed in. I am also a hotel-person, but those rooms don't look bad. Bed and breakfasts are supposed to look like that, or at least in the places I have stayed that's what they look like.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Yeah…….to me, thick luxurious bed coverings are fluffy comforters (i don’t see evidence of a comforter under those quilts). I had a quilt years ago and HATED it for sleeping. They’re ugly, flat and uncomfortable. 

That whole B&B looks uncomfortable to me, but I’m not a fan of B&Bs so there’s already a bias there. I want a hot tub, a gym, a fluffy cozy king bed, a plush bathrobe, in-room coffee and a fridge for my special foods (kinda needy, I know, but after spending so much time working in the backcountry and sleeping on the ground with no shower for weeks—I can deal with anything, I just don’t want to 🤣). 

Awwwww!  I'm a quilter!  My quilts are sad hearing this.  Maybe back then yours was made of polyester.  Most quilters now use cotton.  I thought the rooms were ordinary but was admiring the quilts!!

• Love 16

I’ve stayed in Bed and Breakfasts in Ireland (many moons ago). The charm of them was the fact you were staying in someone’s home. We stayed on farms, in villages, etc.. The families were wonderful. Hosts can make the experience great, more than just a room to stay in. Gathering ideas from people who actually lived there was priceless. I just don’t feel like Lizzie’s would give off the same vibe, especially since Meri’s mother passed. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I’ve stayed in Bed and Breakfasts in Ireland (many moons ago). The charm of them was the fact you were staying in someone’s home. We stayed on farms, in villages, etc.. The families were wonderful. Hosts can make the experience great, more than just a room to stay in. Gathering ideas from people who actually lived there was priceless. I just don’t feel like Lizzie’s would give off the same vibe, especially since Meri’s mother passed. 

I do agree, did the same in Ireland as well and was treated like long lost family really. For me the biggest issue is that there is NOTHING to do in Parawan. Send me to a cute coastal charming town, or a town with things to do, ghost hunting, antiquing, shops, etc..then I would be less likely to be critical of the room itself because you would be out all day meandering and really only coming back after a dinner out to sleep. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Awwwww!  I'm a quilter!  My quilts are sad hearing this.  Maybe back then yours was made of polyester.  Most quilters now use cotton.  I thought the rooms were ordinary but was admiring the quilts!!

I think many of us have become accustomed to the inviting, puffy, look of the down comforter/duvet combination.  Several years ago I won an Amish quilt in a raffle and only haul it out for special occasions.  This past week, my friend of 70 years (take note Meri a real BFF), came to visit from the coast.  I put the quilt on her bed and it just looked flat to me, so I put the comforter under the quilt and got the look I wanted.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I am more than happy to "try" out your quilt, good chance you will never get it back lol.  I bet they are beautiful and not the store brought version she has. 

• Love 8

"Five years of finding my happiness, serving others..."

Serving others?  Serving them giant helpings of the LuLaScam Koolaid?  The map to the Road to Ruin?  She is so full of crap.

3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

My quilts are sad hearing this.

Your quilt is stunning, so unusual.

I bet Meri's are printed quilts from someplace like Touch of Class catalog.  You can see the folds on the one in the top picture from being packaged.

• Love 10

Another doctored picture and bunch of bullshit.  Well, Meri, at least you're being true to your scammy, greedy, selfish self!  

Yep, I have a few actual handmade old quilts, and a few that my grandmother made in the 60's.  Hers are probably just as phony as she is.

• Love 5

The beds look itchy to me but I think it’s just because I don’t like that type of decor.  It seems to have good reviews for the most part, the only thing .I wonder as I’m not familiar with the area is what does one do nearby because even though the bed looks itchy it seems like the most comfortable room in the house.  The living room/parlor doesn’t seem like you should sit in it.  It seems more like a museum.  

I get why Meri wanted to buy it for sentimental reasons.  I’m not sure how profitable it is, but for those that like these type of B&Bs does the place seem comfortable or cozy to you? I think the right staff can make you feel that way, but I’m talking more about the actual house.  The outside area out back seems nice but that’s all I can come up with.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I’m sorry, didn’t mean to hurt their feelings (or yours). The quilt we had was cotton—we got it because we lived in the sticks (way off a main road on 4x4 roads so we thought the decor would work). Turns out, it didn’t. It was too flat, had no volume, the texture bothered me and it distracted from the decor with the geometric sewing patterns. We wound up donating it to a thrift shop. 

I have a similar issue with Navajo blankets and admire the work that goes into them—I just can’t use them for sleeping. 

• Useful 3
8 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

.I wonder as I’m not familiar with the area is what does one do nearby...

Nope.

The "top ten things to do" list for the area include visiting the local cemetery, the Rusty Bucket gift shop, and the Parowan visitor center.  Riveting.

• LOL 13
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There are many comments on Meri’s post. Most of them appear to be from intelligent people, and they haven’t been deleted. I’m shocked.

Here’s a reply from Meri on a question about the documentary:

5EA270BD-2D02-4490-967B-9675A43BE6ED.jpeg

Meri's response, translated:

"Did I watch the doc?  Nope, too busy laughing and high-fiving with my fellow trainers and mentors who are still managing to earn a decent paycheck on the backs of our downline, who may or may not be mortgaging their homes to pay for their latest shipment!  #LuLaCultforLife"

But the way I read Meri's response is definitely a tone-deaf, smart-ass answer...she's basically saying that she has no time for anyone who hasn't managed to make a living shilling polyester demon-spawn print leggings and because she has somehow figured out  how to work the sham, the non-success stories aren't worth listening to.

I'm quite sure Deanna and Mark have sent many, many instructions on how to answer those types of questions like the good little LuLaRobots that they are.

• Love 14

Gotta love Meri's toxic positivity, which allows her to blame the victims of LulaRoe because the "real" problem is that they just didn't try hard enough or they have a negative attitude.

The truth, if Meri would bother to do some research, is that LulaRoe continued to flood the market with new sellers so they could keep collecting millions of dollars worth of sign-up money, which is where the bulk of LulaRoe's wealth actually comes from. It meant that each seller would make very little money. 70% of LulaRoe sellers make no money at all. 

This is the real Meri, who only cares about herself. It was true even way back when she bought her kid expensive food and refused to help out her "Sister Wives" with money. Or even let their kids pass through her part of the house.

• Love 15