Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

Recommended Posts


What a frumpy look, bleh!  Dark roots 3+ inches long, shrugged linebacker shoulders, and an ugly too-small looking sweater do not make me want to buy what you're shilling, Mare.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Well... She has a history of this. Remember the dress at the commitment ceremony with the itty bitty shrug? 

And every denim jacket she’s ever worn.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I can’t pick on her hair, roots showing is a thing. If you let them go long enough, it’s called “ombré”. 

The sweater, however, ugh. So. Ugly. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

18 hours ago, suomi said:

She hashtagged that sweater as LuLaRoeMitzi but on her  it looks a lot more like #LuLaRoeLinebacker.

There is nothing special about this sweater and it retails for $60!!!  I could buy something like this for $14.99 at Ross.  

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

I wore sweaters like that back in the late '80's with stirrup pants.  Didn't know they were making a comeback.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I wore sweaters like that back in the late '80's with stirrup pants.  Didn't know they were making a comeback.  

I was shocked to see stirrup pants back.  The only plus about them were the stirrups kept the pants in place while wearing boots.

  • Like 12
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I wore sweaters like that back in the late '80's with stirrup pants.  Didn't know they were making a comeback.  

Only in LuLaNo world, maybe.  I too had stirrup pants in the 80's.  They were comfortable.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Only in LuLaNo world, maybe.  I too had stirrup pants in the 80's.  They were comfortable.

Yeah, I should've added *sarcasm*.  😉

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/1/2019 at 8:46 PM, YupItsMe said:

And every denim jacket she’s ever worn.

Wow, I think I remember sweaters in these colors in the 80s?  To me, it's a dated look, but then, if one is old enough to remember the color palette from the first time around, then maybe you're too old to wear it anyhow?  I don't know, folx...🤔

Sorry Xwordfanatik, just saw your post and didn't mean to say almost the same thing.  My bad.  😁

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

A t-shirt with a picture on it.  Groundbreaking.

I'm convinced that LLR gets its inspiration from old Sears catalogs of the 70s.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 20
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm convinced that LLR gets its inspiration from old Sears catalogs of the 70s.

With some of the large flower & upholstery patterns from the 1940s, 50s & 60s

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I had a sweater like that.  Same colors.  It was, oh...about 1984 or so. 
Seriously that sweater gives me a visceral reaction (I was alll about 80s fashion.  In the 80s).  Yuck. So ugly. It looks like Walmart quality. No shade, I buy all my shorts and tee shirts at Walmart. Those big cheap plastic buttons....you just know they are poorly sewn on. 
I’m still sad I was too tall for stirrup pants. I did find one pair once and the stirrup bothered my feet so badly, I returned them. 

Edited by Meowwww · Reason: More
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/3/2019 at 6:12 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Wow, I think I remember sweaters in these colors in the 80s?  To me, it's a dated look, but then, if one is old enough to remember the color palette from the first time around, then maybe you're too old to wear it anyhow?  I don't know, folx...🤔

Well that color palette isn't in style now either so I don't know WTF she is getting this stuff.  Plus it looks cheap like something from K-Mart in the 80s.  I searched over and over again and found nothing online even remotely like it.  I see some oversized striped cardigans but nothing in that kind of cheap looking knit or in those colors, not even on K-Mart's site!  Plus I think it looks awful on her.  I wouldn't even have liked it in the 80s.  At least she stopped dressing like it was 2006, not that what she wears now is any better.

The more I look at Meri the more I feel like she came from a cultural vacuum in a lot of ways and has no memory of what the rest of the world was wearing in different decades and so she often picks things that are really out of date looking or out of step with what is currently in style in anyone's universe.  Seriously, with everything in life I often feel like she just stepped into the real world from some way far off la-la land where she knew nothing about anything in our culture.  I sometimes feel that way about the other Brown women too.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

It's like they're on Third Rock From The Sun, they think they're fitting in and going incognito - but they ain't.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Sittin' on Lizzie's porch. Whoa, she is ginormous. Is it the angle? I think that's the biggest I've seen her. She's too young to be that heavy and she's just getting into the big weight gaining years. I hope she has mortgage insurance. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

IIRC, Meri was over 200 lbs. in an early season when the wives weighed in at the same time, and she looks bigger here.  

"Resting B(Witch) Face."  It has to be a LuLaNo top, with the tight arm bands.  Not. Flattering. In. The. Least.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I thought she had foot issues.  How on earth will she wear those shoes---unless, just maybe, she's found someone special that can make her toes curl in reverse.😕

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

Meri, Meri, Meri!!!  Haven't you learned by now to never tag a male with anything even remotely phallic in shape.🍌

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/1/2019 at 6:15 PM, xwordfanatik said:

What a frumpy look, bleh!  Dark roots 3+ inches long, shrugged linebacker shoulders, and an ugly too-small looking sweater do not make me want to buy what you're shilling, Mare.

Well, the most I can say about it is that she has worn much worse.   I don't understand people who don't have their roots touched up.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

A close up of that print makes it look like images from someone's CAT scan.  And again wearing some kid's denim jacket.

I wonder if that Blair character knows she'd posting crap about him.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

A close up of that print makes it look like images from someone's CAT scan.  

Or a seismic record with never-ending aftershocks. 

Truely wants her vest back!  And clodhoppers are not cute no matter how you pose.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, suomi said:

Sittin' on Lizzie's porch. Whoa, she is ginormous. Is it the angle? I think that's the biggest I've seen her. She's too young to be that heavy and she's just getting into the big weight gaining years. I hope she has mortgage insurance. 

All that sitting and stretchy leggings. People gain weight without even realizing. 

22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

IIRC, Meri was over 200 lbs. in an early season when the wives weighed in at the same time, and she looks bigger here.  

"Resting B(Witch) Face."  It has to be a LuLaNo top, with the tight arm bands.  Not. Flattering. In. The. Least.

I remember that, I think she was a size 14. She looks more like a 16/18 now. 

I don’t know if Meri has ever cared about fitness or healthy eating, but she WAS thin in the early seasons of the show. She looked great then (aside from the weird tanks over long sleeves). 

# FlagstaffFlab #ChunkyButt 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I thought she had foot issues.  How on earth will she wear those shoes---unless, just maybe, she's found someone special that can make her toes curl in reverse.😕

I am sure the shoes are too small, and they are a prop. 

And that dress that's "perfect for the fall" is bad enough on its own without the ever present jean jacket with the sleeves cut off. 

On 10/5/2019 at 12:18 AM, Yeah No said:

The more I look at Meri the more I feel like she came from a cultural vacuum in a lot of ways and has no memory of what the rest of the world was wearing in different decades and so she often picks things that are really out of date looking or out of step with what is currently in style in anyone's universe.  Seriously, with everything in life I often feel like she just stepped into the real world from some way far off la-la land where she knew nothing about anything in our culture.  I sometimes feel that way about the other Brown women too.

I think you are correct about this.   I think this is also true about the  Duggar girls now that you mention it.   I think I saw this dress in pink in the late 60's or early 70's, but not with the jean jacket.   Probably some cotton poly blend. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I really do not know where she gets the self-confidence to post those awful pictures of herself and think they are cute.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I remember that, I think she was a size 14. She looks more like a 16/18 now. 

My guess is it's more like 20-22.  I wear a size 14 pants and I'm not nearly as big.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My guess is it's more like 20-22.  I wear a size 14 pants and I'm not nearly as big.

She has gained weight, but I actually think the clothes she picks make her look bigger than she really is.  That dress is all kinds of wrong for her body type and where she carries her weight.  It makes her look at least 2 sizes bigger than she really is or could look if she knew how to dress for her shape.  I'd be embarrassed to walk around in that fugly frock if I were her.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Meri, quit trying to make BlairMichael happen before he takes out a restraining order on you.  Also, Kody doesn't care.

"Random hotties?"  Oh for crying out loud, Meri, you are trying way too hard at this.  Back off, especially if they are your nephews.  Boundaries, woman!!  And Kody still doesn't care.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

"Random hotties?"  Oh for crying out loud, Meri, you are trying way too hard at this.  Back off, especially if they are your nephews.  Boundaries, woman!!  And Kody still doesn't care.

They look like nephews - they have the same nose, cheeks, lips & chin-cleft as Meri.  And selfie squint just like Mariah.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Meri, quit trying to make BlairMichael happen before he takes out a restraining order on you.  Also, Kody doesn't care.

"Random hotties?"  Oh for crying out loud, Meri, you are trying way too hard at this.  Back off, especially if they are your nephews.  Boundaries, woman!!  And Kody still doesn't care.

Yeah this one was just........weird. I don’t know what she’s trying to make herself out to be, but if she was going for creepy, she has succeeded. 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

"Random hotties?"  Oh for crying out loud, Meri, you are trying way too hard at this.  Back off, especially if they are your nephews.  Boundaries, woman!!  And Kody still doesn't care.

She's trying REALLY hard to be to "cool" aunt.  Rather than say "These are my good looking nephews" (which most aunts would do, even if both of them looked exactly like Elmer Fudd) she's trying to act like she can actually relate to young people.  The kids are probably rolling their eyes so hard they'll need surgery - kind of like when your middle-aged white uncle tried to use "fo shizzle" in a sentence.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, something compelled me this morning to look up other LuLaNo Maniacs in the Emily dress that Meri is modeling above.  2 that I found make Meri look like a supermodel.  That is too much, I know.  Let me try again:  2 that I found make Meri look almost presentable.

#1 has a Mykelti vibe.

image.png.efff094f6b0663c42f1580474dfe3c4a.png

#2 is supposed to be artsy, I suppose?

EFeUlDjXoAAe-TR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by CouchTater
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

That first woman looks like a LLN consultant decided to become a forest ranger, and the second looks like a still shot from a horror movie where the alien comes out of someone's stomach.  So yes, sign me up for the Emily!!

  • Laugh 22

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size