Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

Recommended Posts


It was in the book, as I recall. I didn't buy it, wouldn't give a dime to these grifters, but others reported on it.  Apparently she was a tyrant about how things were done, especially in the kitchen.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

It was in the book, as I recall. I didn't buy it, wouldn't give a dime to these grifters, but others reported on it.  Apparently she was a tyrant about how things were done, especially in the kitchen.

Well I guess that would be annoying but ya it doesn't really fit with how they've gone on about it.

I was starting wonder if it was Meri hiding Janelle's snacks and donuts

I'd love to know wtf Meri did to terrorize Maddie because Maddie made it sound like hell on earth and torture.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

I'd love to know wtf Meri did to terrorize Maddie because Maddie made it sound like hell on earth and torture.

Well, if I had to pick between working for Meri or for Robyn, I'd go with Meri, for I'd rather work for a biatch than Satan's right hand. That being said, I can't imagine Meri being easy to work for.  She looks like she would be very demanding and negative. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I keep meaning to ask this...

Have Meri or Janelle ever said exactly what Meri did to terrorize Janelle all those many years ago?

As Kohola explained, there was the kitchen criticism, then to add insult to injury, Meri and Kody would sit cuddled on the sofa every night whispering sweet nothings to each other, while Janelle sat there like a 3rd wheel.  At that time, Meri only worked part-time and was free to take off on business trips with Kody, then to Meri's dismay, Janelle became pregnant with Logan pretty soon after they married.  Meri has been a vindictive bitch to Janelle and Nancy, their therapist doesn't seem to have scratched the surface with this.  All these years of therapy and they can't even bring themselves to travel in the same car for the sessions.

Disclaimer:  I haven't read the book either, but have read excerpts posted by others. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

WOW I had no idea they had a book out?  

Time to rummage the dollar store book section, the local library's donated book section, or Salvation Army maybe? 😂

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

The way it balloons out in the front it looks like a maternity top.

I don't mean this rude - can we say that?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Gennacide said:

WOW I had no idea they had a book out?  

Time to rummage the dollar store book section, the local library's donated book section, or Salvation Army maybe? 😂

I borrowed mine from the library. Yours might have it as well. I periodically go to goodwill, thrift shops, etc. looking for Harry Potter books printed for other countries/languages. I am weird that way. I have never seen the sister wives book at anywhere other than the library. I wonder if they just didn’t sell that many of them. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I borrowed mine from the library. Yours might have it as well. I periodically go to goodwill, thrift shops, etc. looking for Harry Potter books printed for other countries/languages. I am weird that way. I have never seen the sister wives book at anywhere other than the library. I wonder if they just didn’t sell that many of them. 

My sister found a copy - I believe it was at a Deseret Industries, which seems to make some sense. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F3528FFA-48A4-4D04-9606-1C9BAF84B5A3.jpeg

AF20AB86-8C68-4751-8D8E-6C5F147136DF.jpeg

Just noticed the lady in the back wearing a Sausage-Arms shirt. It's like it's on purpose, and these women WEAR this hideous shit. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

The way it balloons out in the front it looks like a maternity top.

Well, we know it's not "Sam's" baby . . . and we all think that little Kody has been nowhere near Meri for a long time.

Maybe she finally figured out what size she actually wears, so it's not skin-tight on her, so we think it looks like a materity top.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Sandy W said:

As Kohola explained, there was the kitchen criticism, then to add insult to injury, Meri and Kody would sit cuddled on the sofa every night whispering sweet nothings to each other, while Janelle sat there like a 3rd wheel.  At that time, Meri only worked part-time and was free to take off on business trips with Kody, then to Meri's dismay, Janelle became pregnant with Logan pretty soon after they married.  Meri has been a vindictive bitch to Janelle and Nancy, their therapist doesn't seem to have scratched the surface with this.  All these years of therapy and they can't even bring themselves to travel in the same car for the sessions.

I read the book (library copy) several years ago, and this is an accurate description of what I recall.  All of the sessions with Nancy we saw on TV, and Meri w/Mariah, involved talking but not saying anything concrete.  Instead of passive-aggressive innuendo, it would be nice to hear some explicit accusations and responses. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F3528FFA-48A4-4D04-9606-1C9BAF84B5A3.jpeg

AF20AB86-8C68-4751-8D8E-6C5F147136DF.jpeg

The guy on the right looks like he has the blue version of Meri's top.

The dark haired woman has a red and white checked top and carrying a red and white striped bag... It all looks like such a hodge podge.... None of them have any fashion sense.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

The guy on the right looks like he has the blue version of Meri's top.

The dark haired woman has a red and white checked top and carrying a red and white striped bag... It all looks like such a hodge podge.... None of them have any fashion sense.

I believe that's the point.  You absolutely CANNOT have a sense of fashion and wear the majority of the Lularoe garbage.    

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

hey guys. Cant stand to watch anymore , but I'm curious if they are still trying to sell this "Meri might leave Kody" storyline? 

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, MamaMax said:

hey guys. Cant stand to watch anymore , but I'm curious if they are still trying to sell this "Meri might leave Kody" storyline? 

She said recently in the episodes she's "going with them" to Flag (and did), but she travels so much she hardly ever seems to be there. I'm not convinced by her body language that she means it, but I'm on the spectrum and could be very wrong about that. What I think is that when this show ends, she's set with her businesses in case she does decide she doesn't want to be there. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

What I think is that when this show ends, she's set with her businesses in case she does decide she doesn't want to be there. 

I'm not sure she should count on LLNo for a long term plan.  The lawsuits are really piling up. 

I also doubt the B&B is bringing in much.  Go to their website and type in a date and all of the rooms are available all of the time.  I suppose there could be walk in business but Parowan is hardly in the heart of the tourist routes.

But there is always another MLM on the horizon.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm not sure she should count on LLNo for a long term plan.  The lawsuits are really piling up. 

I also doubt the B&B is bringing in much.  Go to their website and type in a date and all of the rooms are available all of the time.  I suppose there could be walk in business but Parowan is hardly in the heart of the tourist routes.

But there is always another MLM on the horizon.

Maybe not for the long term, but she's probably doing very well for now. 

Yeah, I've been through there. Stopped for gas. I know they have a ski hill, but a B&B would not be my go-to destination for a skiing weekend. If it doesn't have a spa for a post-skiing soak, count me out. 

Anyway, Meri seems so much more at ease when she's not around the family. When she was saying she's going with them to flag, she looks like she's being dragged kicking and screaming. She liked the one property, and they purchased the other. To me it looks like, "Whatever. Fuck you guys. I won't really be around anyhow."

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Anyway, Meri seems so much more at ease when she's not around the family. When she was saying she's going with them to flag, she looks like she's being dragged kicking and screaming. She liked the one property, and they purchased the other. To me it looks like, "Whatever. Fuck you guys. I won't really be around anyhow."

Meri crosses me as the only one in the family who can go out and make friends and likely has done so. (I am not including the kids.) LuluRoe May be crap but selling it has likely given her confidence to meet people and try to make her own life outside of the family. (I am not counting the catfish thing because that was just weird.) She does seem happier and like she is having fun when not with the family. It’s funny everyone is following her into LUluRoe to make some money. 

 I don’t see Kody, Christine, Janelle or Robin having any real friends who are not part of their old polygamous community. If anything, I see Janelle, Christine and Robin as likely sitting around until  it’s their time to be with Kody. I can’t see Kody hanging out with anyone other than his wives because I think he would annoy most men. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

So she ran into Maddie and Audrey briefly (in her words "for a bit") on the cruise but she didn't see Christine?  These Browns clearly do not care for each other at all!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm not sure she should count on LLNo for a long term plan.  The lawsuits are really piling up. 

I also doubt the B&B is bringing in much.  Go to their website and type in a date and all of the rooms are available all of the time.  I suppose there could be walk in business but Parowan is hardly in the heart of the tourist routes.

But there is always another MLM on the horizon.

I was at a consignment store last night and came across LLR dresses and thought of my peeps here!!!  There were three or four dresses at $14.00 each.  The prints were....interesting and all I could think of is:  "Geez, I can sew!  I could get some fabric and make a shapeless dress all on my own for about $5.00 if I wanted!!!  The markup on this stuff must be insane.  I had a FB friend (friends in junior high and high school - she was very smart, skipped first grade kinda smart) and about a year and a half ago her FB blew up with LLR.  She became a seller.  Online selling, online markets, the whole deal.  Now when I look at her page........nothing.  I am sure she got out while she could, lol!!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

So she ran into Maddie and Audrey briefly (in her words "for a bit") on the cruise but she didn't see Christine?  These Browns clearly do not care for each other at all!

I should think that a cruise ship is bigger than a single large meeting room, so it is possible that Meri and Christine haven't run into each other. Meri's been doing this business longer and has made a lot of friends/acquaintances that she's hanging out with and is probably also networking with new people.  I'm not sure how long this cruise lasts, so it's possible we'll yet see a picture of them together before they head home.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

So she ran into Maddie and Audrey briefly (in her words "for a bit") on the cruise but she didn't see Christine?  

"Sister" wives, huh?  One big happy family.  The kids of one mother are the kids of all.  Sharing and caring.

Yeah, right.  What kind of fambly goes on a cruise and accidentally runs into one another "for a bit".

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, kimaken said:

I should think that a cruise ship is bigger than a single large meeting room, so it is possible that Meri and Christine haven't run into each other. 

Last year's cruise was on the Allure of the Seas - 5,400 passengers . . . and my understanding is they had the whole ship.  We sailed on it a couple of  months later, and I'm sure that we never saw about 3,000 of the other passengers.  There are so many bars, restaurants, entertainment venues and activity spots that it is entirely believable that - unless you made plans to meet up - you might not see people you know are also on the ship.  

On our last cruise, we knew someone was going to be on the ship, and we were LOOKING for her and still had trouble tracking her down.

Of course, had she been my sisterwife, I think I would be looking harder.  But then these two don't feel "safe" with each other.

ETA:  Interesting that Audrey is on the ship, but Mariah is home cleaning up their apartment.  Wouldn't Meri spring for Mariah to sail along?  Wouldn't the student loans stretch that far?  Too many lattes, spin classes, and avo sandwiches?

Edited by AZChristian
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

"Sister" wives, huh?  One big happy family.  The kids of one mother are the kids of all.  Sharing and caring.

Yeah, right.  What kind of fambly goes on a cruise and accidentally runs into one another "for a bit".

This is a business-related cruise, not a tourist-type cruise, so being family members on the same business cruise doesn't mean you all have to stick together like glue. I should think that if all these family members are now selling LLR products, they're on the cruise to meet and network with new people, not just hang out with each other the whole time.

I'm surprised that Madison was all smiling in that photo that Meri posted--I thought it was stated elsewhere that Maddie hates Meri, called her a monster, abusive, etc, yet she's smiling and looking all happy to be in a picture with Meri's (soon to be) daughter-in-law.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, kimaken said:

This is a business-related cruise, not a tourist-type cruise, so being family members on the same business cruise doesn't mean you all have to stick together like glue. I should think that if all these family members are now selling LLR products, they're on the cruise to meet and network with new people, not just hang out with each other the whole time.

I'm surprised that Madison was all smiling in that photo that Meri posted--I thought it was stated elsewhere that Maddie hates Meri, called her a monster, abusive, etc, yet she's smiling and looking all happy to be in a picture with Meri's (soon to be) daughter-in-law.

Maddie has never met a camera she didn't love.  Watch her expressions in group shots, when she thinks someone else is the focus she is dour and unhappy looking.  When she realizes the camera is on her, out comes the sun and her toothy grin.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

40 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

ETA:  Interesting that Audrey is on the ship, but Mariah is home cleaning up their apartment.  Wouldn't Meri spring for Mariah to sail along?  Wouldn't the student loans stretch that far?  Too many lattes, spin classes, and avo sandwiches?

Is Audrey the one who's selling LLR while Mariah is in grad school? I think the reason Mariah didn't come along is because (1) school--if the cruise is happening now, it's March and school should be in session, and (2) dogs can't be left home alone. I don't think they've been Chicago long enough to have a trusted friend to dog-sit for them.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, kimaken said:

This is a business-related cruise, not a tourist-type cruise, so being family members on the same business cruise doesn't mean you all have to stick together like glue.

Oh, I wouldn't expect them to hang together.  But when I was a speaker at a conference where there were 4000 people, I still arranged a time and place to meet up with friends for a dinner and chat and this was in pre-texting days. 

These are supposedly close family members.  Clearly the whole SW all-for-one and one-for all story is total BS.  It's every man for himself with this bunch.  It's a wonder they stick to the whole cockamamie "celestial planet in the afterlife" story since they can't stand each other.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, I wouldn't expect them to hang together.  But when I was a speaker at a conference where there were 4000 people, I still arranged a time and place to meet up with friends for a dinner and chat and this was in pre-texting days. 

These are supposedly close family members.  Clearly the whole SW all-for-one and one-for all story is total BS.  It's every man for himself with this bunch.  It's a wonder they stick to the whole cockamamie "celestial planet in the afterlife" story since they can't stand each other.

So true. I was wondering if Meri is the upline "mentor" to Maddie, Audrey, AND Christine in this LLR business. Or, if she brought in Maddie and Audrey, perhaps Maddie brought in Christine? I would think if they're in the same sales team or group, they'd get together at least once to meet and discuss things/

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

She's taking selfies with MEN!  In the old days, Kootie would have had a fit.  Now he won't give two shits. 

I agree with Sandy - Maddie is smiling and being nice, only when the camera is on her.  I think she's a snippy little brat, although not in the same league as Meri/Mariah/Mykelti.  The M Quartet.  

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

What kind of business gets done on a LuLaRoe Cruise?  It's not like they can sell their clothes to each other.  

They get to practice their inspirational chants on each other.  Because I Can!  Because of LulaNo!  Where's My Why!

  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A1FB59AC-5D69-433B-902F-9CB80FE74675.jpeg

F64B9A41-DB17-4DB3-9A02-83BE3AF473BA.jpeg

55D1D33E-9600-4644-BEA9-1E7943C6BEDE.jpeg

74CFA1D0-0F3B-4C40-8BDC-4CAEFC8E16AE.jpeg

646BA102-378F-4D43-B02C-22C76627C2A0.jpeg

9B4BD3B6-9F13-4C26-A588-54FD4CA6D2DF.jpeg

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And the best for last.......

A1043F17-3CEF-4E40-99E7-E6E688BC903F.jpeg

I heartily apologize for re-quoting these hideous photos but I have lots of questions...so many questions........

There's Pudge but where's Sludge??  Is Pudge on the cruise solo?  Surely if Sludge were there Meri would've chased her down for a photo op?  Are Maddie and Pudge seriously such good salespeople that they got invited on the cruise, or does Meri (who's clearly a top seller) get to bring along her minions?

Who's the rando with his mouth open in the third photo?  Is he screaming from the fumes of mildewed polyester that envelope him everywhere he goes?  Was Meri trying to stop him from jumping off the boat when he realized that this cruise that he saved up for was filled with women wearing demonic chihuahua leggings and skirts pattered after the intestinal tracts of water buffalo?

The dude with the short hair....a consultant's husband, maybe?  But he's really creepy.  And also a wee too familiar with Meri.  Yuck.  And also, gross.

The last photo - BWAHAHAHAHA.  I think that we could each blindfold ourselves, walk into the nearest second-hand shop, pull four items blindly off the racks, put them on and STILL look more color-coordinated than these LLN consultants!  And the guy stepping out looking snazzy in his blue flecked shirt combined with purple and black checked shorts...you guys, if Meri weren't in the picture I'd think I was looking at an SNL skit. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

What kind of business gets done on a LuLaRoe Cruise?  It's not like they can sell their clothes to each other.  

They get to practice their inspirational chants on each other.  Because I Can!  Because of LulaNo!  Where's My Why!

I think it's similar to the old Amway conventions -- the newer people brought in get to meet and hear inspirational talks by others higher up in the business, learn about new products coming out, network with each other for help/support, get praised for your efforts for the company, etc. And yes--the chants to get all abuzz about the business so you're revved up to go out and SELL SELL SELL! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Mariah isn't there because it's Audrey who is a seller.

Maddie, Audrey, Christine and Meri are there. Is Mykelti?

Do we know what "level" Meri actually is?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/22/2019 at 4:40 PM, Absolom said:

Awhile back there was a photo on instagram where she'd just had her hair done at a salon and it looked pretty nice.  Then she did it and it was back to choppy and orange.  She's fully in control of how her hair looks and she's shown that someone else can make it look a lot better.  

But that's usually how it is with 90% of women.  The hairstylist can always make it look better. 

But I like Meri's wavy hair.  Probably because I'm struggling with my own, that used to have pretty good wave and now suddenly it wants to be half straight and half wavy and part frizzy. 

6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm not sure she should count on LLNo for a long term plan.  The lawsuits are really piling up. 

She'll do as most other LLR consultants have done that got out.. she will start selling another brand. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Probably because I'm struggling with my own, that used to have pretty good wave and now suddenly it wants to be half straight and half wavy and part frizzy. 

Oh gosh, you too? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think one of the worst things about selling LuluRoe is that you are expected to wear the brand. I can imagine how my loved ones would gasp if I came in wearing that crap. I also don’t think I could convince anyone to buy more than one item just to help me out. I am so surprised the taste level is so low that people are paying for that crap. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I heartily apologize for re-quoting these hideous photos but I have lots of questions...so many questions........

There's Pudge but where's Sludge??  Is Pudge on the cruise solo?  Surely if Sludge were there Meri would've chased her down for a photo op?  Are Maddie and Pudge seriously such good salespeople that they got invited on the cruise, or does Meri (who's clearly a top seller) get to bring along her minions?

Who's the rando with his mouth open in the third photo?  Is he screaming from the fumes of mildewed polyester that envelope him everywhere he goes?  Was Meri trying to stop him from jumping off the boat when he realized that this cruise that he saved up for was filled with women wearing demonic chihuahua leggings and skirts pattered after the intestinal tracts of water buffalo?

The dude with the short hair....a consultant's husband, maybe?  But he's really creepy.  And also a wee too familiar with Meri.  Yuck.  And also, gross.

The last photo - BWAHAHAHAHA.  I think that we could each blindfold ourselves, walk into the nearest second-hand shop, pull four items blindly off the racks, put them on and STILL look more color-coordinated than these LLN consultants!  And the guy stepping out looking snazzy in his blue flecked shirt combined with purple and black checked shorts...you guys, if Meri weren't in the picture I'd think I was looking at an SNL skit. 

Dear laurakaye, I think you have their so-fondly-called nicknames reversed.  Sludge = Audrey, aka Audge.  Pudge = Mariah.  Or maybe I started happy hour 20 minutes early.  Otherwise, I love your post ❤️

LMAO mildewed polyester.  My dad used to call the slacks he wore in the 70's "plastic pants."

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sorry about that.

No worries!!

2 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I think one of the worst things about selling LuluRoe is that you are expected to wear the brand. I can imagine how my loved ones would gasp if I came in wearing that crap. I also don’t think I could convince anyone to buy more than one item just to help me out. I am so surprised the taste level is so low that people are paying for that crap. 

Yes it would make a good impression to wear the product you are selling.  Some of the dresses are not bad but I am not paying for a cheap dress with cheap fabrics for however much when I can make it myself for $10.  Some dresses are as much as $60!!!!  No. Way.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No worries!!

Yes it would make a good impression to wear the product you are selling.  Some of the dresses are not bad but I am not paying for a cheap dress with cheap fabrics for however much when I can make it myself for $10.  Some dresses are as much as $60!!!!  No. Way.

I find it nuts that women pay that much money for cheap, poorly made, hideously ugly sausage-arms clothes and then recruit other women to sell it. 

That’s an evil genius right there. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size