Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Now that Sobyn has taken over as 'boss lady', shouldn't she have the wet bar!?!? Just sayin, Meri's excuse was that everyone will be coming over and using the wet bar as a serving station during holidays or family get together dinners. Technically as legal wife, that duty now falls to Sobyn. Who is probably too busy with her joory business anyways.

• Love 2

z8gndtI.jpg

True dat.  And this is part of the reason why Janelle was initially upset about why Meri needed a big house, which by the way, is pretty much empty now that Mariah is gone.  I know we hashed it out a couple of years ago, I just can never understand why Meri didn't seem that her unnecessarily taking more was, at the same time, taking away from the children.  

• Love 4

I've always figured that Meri's house is Kody's house too. More his house than any of the other houses. It's most likely where his office is located. His collection of douchey shirts are hung in his own closet there. His tools are organized in the garage. His hoarde of weapons are locked (hopefully) in gun safes in Meri's Wet Bar house. It's his place to get away from all his responsibilities. Meri catches a lot of hell for that house -- but Kody most likely pulled the puppet strings for that residence. Hoarding food and guns is a major part of their faith and I can see most of the storage being done there because of the availability of space.

• Love 11

Now that Sobyn has taken over as 'boss lady', shouldn't she have the wet bar!?!? Just sayin, Meri's excuse was that everyone will be coming over and using the wet bar as a serving station during holidays or family get together dinners. Technically as legal wife, that duty now falls to Sobyn. Who is probably too busy with her joory business anyways.

Too funny! "...joory business anyways."   Sounds just like her!   

How about that Meri's "so cool" attitude during that olive-branch offering from Jenelle?  First off, I agree with those who thought Meri looked as though she is on some sort of sedative or benzo.  I lost count of the number of times she started a sentence with, "I...."    followed by an exhausting pause before uttering yet another mundane, non-earth-shattering statement.  It was hard to say whether Meri is simply demonstrating more than a tad of self importance, or if she is depressed and feeling overwhelmed.  Regarding Jenelle's proposed peace treaty with Meri? I think it's financially motivated.   Meri must know this, which is why she played with Jenelle the way she did, daring her to reveal the real motive behind the mission.  Jenelle, the ever-practical one, most likely has concerns over distribution of assets in the event of a severed sorority, and sees an advantage in keeping things copacetic with Meri (not an easy task).

For what it's worth, I have NO clue how property is distributed in a polygamous household in the event of a break up or a re-organization, so to speak, if one or more of the wives leave(s).  But I bet Jenelle has a pretty good idea.

About Kody.  Oh, my Lawd, has he never heard of "thou protesteth too much?" We get it Kody:  You don't want a big wedding spectacle, you don't want an audience, you want to slip into the shadows of anonymity and 'seal the deal."   You are being considerate.  You are thinking of your other wives - the Chief Financial Officer, Jenelle, and the other one.  The one you can barely stand to look at (let alone -- uh - sleep with).

And Robyn...  I feel compelled to express the unpopular opinion as I do not think Robyn is the catalyst for all the crap that's "going down" in Browntown.  It's no secret that Meri orchestrated  the  Robyn-Kody  match knowing full well that doing so would further strain the sisterhood.   Merri is classic passive aggressive with moments of low-level aggression expressed outright.  I believe her fascilitating - no, encouraging - Kody to take on another wife (even if it meant sacrificing her own position in the sister wives' hierarchy) was done to spite Jenelle and Christine.  Meri is no fool, and she must have known that Kody would fall all over himself for the new, updated addition to his wife collection.  Pretty clever, Meri.   I wonder, though, if in the end she hasn't bitten off her nose to spite her face? 

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 2

I don't think Meri is thoughtful and aware enough to foresee where events would go.  She may have wanted to knock Christine or Janelle down a peg or wanted a sister wife buddy of her own, but I don't think she plotted beyond that.

• Love 6

I don't think Meri is thoughtful and aware enough to foresee where events would go.  She may have wanted to knock Christine or Janelle down a peg or wanted a sister wife buddy of her own, but I don't think she plotted beyond that.

Maybe I'm giving her too much credit or perhaps I'm just not so trusting.  To me, Meri = Dumb like a fox.

• Love 1

Too funny! "...joory business anyways." Sounds just like her!

How about that Meri's "so cool" attitude during that olive-branch offering from Jenelle? First off, I agree with those who thought Meri looked as though she is on some sort of sedative or benzo. I lost count of the number of times she started a sentence with, "I...." followed by an exhausting pause before uttering yet another mundane, non-earth-shattering statement. It was hard to say whether Meri is simply demonstrating more than a tad of self importance, or if she is depressed and feeling overwhelmed. Regarding Jenelle's proposed peace treaty with Meri? I think it's financially motivated. Meri must know this, which is why she played with Jenelle the way she did, daring her to reveal the real motive behind the mission. Jenelle, the ever-practical one, most likely has concerns over distribution of assets in the event of a severed sorority, and sees an advantage in keeping things copacetic with Meri

I thought the long drawn out "I..." We're so tlc would know where they could place commercial breaks.

• Love 2

OK, here's something I was thinking of wrt Meri's divorcing Kody. Could it be that, as explained in the show's intro, Meri believes polygamy makes her a better person because she has to learn to overcome her jealousies, etc. ? So, what if, because of her failures as a sister wife, she's thinking divorcing Kody for Robyn and the kids is a way to gain favor with God? Other than that I just don't get why she'd divorce Kody.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 2

I think someone in another thread gave a very plausible explanation for it that made a lot of sense in the sister-wife mindset: Meri may believe she will be looked upon very favorably by Kody and will keep his attention and admiration by doing this sacrificial thing.

• Love 3

The sad part is that Kody only thinks about his own happiness.  She doesn't get the reward she is so desperately looking for.  Kody is all about Kody and that is never going to change.   At what point do you give up on hoping he will become a partner that gives rather than takes?  So horribly depressing, it's no wonder she looks a mess all of the time.

• Love 3

But the premise for all of this is that it's for eternal happiness on some celestial planet.  Personally I would ditch the hell on earth crap.  But I wasn't raised to believe that claptrap.

Let's face it, the sheep wives are all women of low self esteem that allow themselves to be treated like baby machines.  They are no different than women who suffer verbal domestic abuse on a daily basis.  This is just a "nicer" way to subjugate them while calling it a religion.  

While they are not specifically called worthless, it is built into the "do what the Lord High Kody says or you'll be screwed for eternity" (no pun intended) mantra.  Their ability to have thoughts of their own has been leeched away by being under his thumb.

• Love 1

Wow, you guys all made such good points about meri.  i think the analysis is accurate.

She did this to gain favor of Kody and Robyn too. Robyn is her only sister wife friend (sort of).

She did this to gain favor with God.

This also renewed the show for another season giving them much needed $$$$.

Meri enoys the martyr role.

Meri brought in Robyn to gain more favor with Kody.  

I'm not that familiar with the AUB faith but I know many of us enjoyed following the FLDS and were fans of Big Love etc.  If Meri brings in Robyn and she bares children for Kody, does that give Meri some favor with Kody (either here or in the afterlife)?  Since Meri couldn't have any more children, Christine and Janelle are done...Meri finds Robyn and she gives Kody more children. Almost like what Big Love referred to as a "broodmare" .  

Since Meri has dealt with infertility, finding Robyn is her next best option, isn't it? 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1

I'm dying to know how Meri ended up at Disney World with the woman who posed as the female assistant to the man she was impersonating.

Me too.  I think she was so starved for attention she latched on the first person that was nice to her.  

• Love 4

What is catfishing?

Pretenting you're someone you're not on the internet. Mostly, it's people who seeks relationships online and who lie about their physique, a man pretenting to be a woman or the contrary. Sometimes it's to scam money.

There is a cool documentary film on the subject called Catfish and a tv show came out of it. Two guys are "contacted" by people who suspects they are being catfished and they go find the truth.

http://www.mtv.com/shows/catfish/

The catfishes are mostly sad people on that show, or with really low self esteem like heavy boys/girls using photos from "beautiful" people as their profile pictures to meet someone. It's like putting a picture of you when you were 25 years old on Meetic when you're in reality 45. But x 1500.

Given the extant of Meri's catfishing, creating multiple profiles who talk to each other to fake their existence, it seems the woman even payed men to have telephone talks with her etc... I think she's certified craycray.

• Love 1

Pretenting you're someone you're not on the internet. Mostly, it's people who seeks relationships online and who lie about their physique, a man pretenting to be a woman or the contrary. Sometimes it's to scam money.

There is a cool documentary film on the subject called Catfish and a tv show came out of it. Two guys are "contacted" by people who suspects they are being catfished and they go find the truth.

http://www.mtv.com/shows/catfish/

The catfishes are mostly sad people on that show, or with really low self esteem like heavy boys/girls using photos from "beautiful" people as their profile pictures to meet someone. It's like putting a picture of you when you were 25 years old on Meetic when you're in reality 45. But x 1500.

Given the extant of Meri's catfishing, creating multiple profiles who talk to each other to fake their existence, it seems the woman even payed men to have telephone talks with her etc... I think she's certified craycray.

Thanks!

Yep. I actually feel sad for her. . I would have loved for her to say, "see ya" to the whole situation, but this will push her right back to Kodouche. One wife actually has the balls to attempt to escape and have a life outside the cul-de-sac of tears (where only Robyn gets laid), and this happens. 

I think we can safely assume that the 30 pound weight loss was due to either the stress of this awful situation, or that Meri tried to make herself more attractive to a new man, so she seriously dieted. I can see the slight difference in these new episodes. 

Either way, this catfishing asshole seriously needs to be taken down. It's just disgusting. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 5

Okay, seriously? What "affair?" The catfisher keeps clinging to claims of an affair. Between who? Meri and her cell phone?

I mean, she might have been "spiritually unfaithful," but there was no actual meeting between Meri and "Sam," since the dude doesn't exist. There was no meeting or physical contact. Is the catfisher scrambling THAT much that she's desperately trying to deflect blame on to her victim? 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 8

Thats missing the point. Meri had every intention of meeting, actually went to Florida and got stood up, and ended up haning with hus "assistant" on the trip. So..yeah, the relationship wasnt consumated because it was a catfish, but anyone listening to the voicemails can hear that she was passionately in love with someone other than Kody.

I cant see Kody being cool with that

Edited by Christi
  • Love 3

I agree - it's really not any different than people trolling on Ashley Madison trying to find someone to cheat on their spouse with but never actually slept with someone else. In fact in this case it could be considered worse. Meri had an intimate emotional relationship with someone and wanted to move it into a physical one as well. The fact that he was a fake doesn't really change that and I'm sure Kody doesn't see it as anything less than cheating.

• Love 3

Oh no. I'm not saying he'll be "cool" with that at all. Kody? Accept that one of his wives might not think that the sun rises and sets on his dick (again, sorry for the visual)? Oh HELL NO. He'll lord that over Meri's head for the rest of their lives. It's the CATFISHER that I'm referring to. Screaming "AFFAIR!!" and releasing dirt, desperately trying to deflect attention and blame from herself to her victim?  Disgusting. 

To KODY, I'm sure it was an affair. To normal people? Not so much. Emotionally, yeah. Physically? Impossible, 

I guess it all depends on perspective. What do you consider an affair? Physical contact, only? 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 2

The only good that may come from this entire "divorce" drama is if Pollyanna Mariah is forced to remove the rose tinted glasses. She has been sheltered from most of the poverty that has impacted Janelle and Christine's children in the past - cheap processed food, broken furniture, and children being housed in tiny rooms like sardines. I think it's very important that Mariah sees what can happen to even the all-powerful first wife. Mariah greatly tries my nerves and I think she's a spoiled brat. But unlike some, I don't wish a miserable plural marriage on her, and I don't take pleasure in commenting how ugly she supposedly is - which some seem to think eliminates her chances at a monogamous marriage.

• Love 2

Meri scratched "Sam" into her leg. WTF.

Giving a blowjob to a banana on FaceTime is an affair?

But seriously, if Sam was real and waiting for Meri at Cinderella's Castle like the Prince Charming she thought he was, they would be together now and all over social media with their love.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2

OK, here's something I was thinking of wrt Meri's divorcing Kody. Could it be that, as explained in the show's intro, Meri believes polygamy makes her a better person because she has to learn to overcome her jealousies, etc. ? So, what if, because of her failures as a sister wife, she's thinking divorcing Kody for Robyn and the kids is a way to gain favor with God? Other than that I just don't get why she'd divorce Kody.

I think Meri honestly got the divorce because she believed Robyn's kids would be better off. Not that it's true, but I see Meri being convinced of it. I don't know how much of Robyn's manipulations are even conscious. Plyg daughters learn these techniques from their moms in their cradles. Robyn, unlike the other three, follows her own mother's philosophy of being the husband's refuge. Meaning- don't complain to him, don't say no to him, don't ask him to do anything, don't deny him sex, etc. She effectively stole the refuge position from Meri, because Meri doesn't follow that "keep sweet" bullshit, and she speaks her mind to Kody. We saw how - when Truely was barely clinging to life - Kody still crashed at Robyn's.

And as cuckoo as it sounds, even if Robyn's surrogacy offer was genuine, I think it was pre-meditated to seal her relationship with Meri. Robyn has probably noticed that Christine and Meri have similar goofy senses of humor, and were once very close. So with that one offer, Robyn defines herself as a selfless giving person, even though they never took her up on the offer. And how many conversations mentioning Robyn's need to be legally married would it take for Meri to make that offer? In her mind, Robyn was willing to give her that ultimate gift. And I think it's clear that Meri adores all of the children, and seems particularly susceptible to Robyn's howler monkey attention sucking daughters.

I'm very disturbed by this catfish woman. It's particularly creepy considering she has some sort of connection to Robyn. And this woman's continual attempts to expose Meri makes me wonder at her ultimate goal. Does she want Meri to leave her family, kill herself, beg forgiveness - what? And Robyn had better watch her back. Obsession on this level often turns to rage when the person feels they're betrayed. If Robyn were to publically defend Meri, how will they interpret it?

And I have to say I respect that Meri has shown self-awareness and desire to change. During Mariah's "stares obsessively while shining headlights on vacant house" episode, Meri expressed realization that these unpleasant behaviors are similar to how she herself has acted, and acknowledged how difficult it would be for others to deal with her. That's really a bit of an epiphany, and I think she balanced the need to comfort her emotional daughter, with the need to straighten her out - and to do all of this without humiliating Mariah. They are all on social media enough for Meri to realize that much of the audience considers Mariah an ugly spoiled brat. She's definitely the most disliked child by the public, and that must be difficult on Meri.

ETA: Please forgive the lengthy post. I really had a virulent dislike for Meri, but at some point last season I started seeing her vulnerability. I also stopped believing that martyr Janelle was innocent in their long lasting battle of wills. Janelle herself acknowledges that their problems occurred decades ago, and that Meri has tried many times to bridge that gap, only to be rejected by Janelle. I think Janelle has chosen the wrong time to decide to be receptive to a truce. There's the whole divorce debacle and this Catfish mess. Meri is barely keeping it together, then she's asked to be vulnerable again to a woman who made it clear decades ago despised her, and had no interest in working out their problems. To her credit, Janelle acknowledged that Meri has come to her many times in the past, and Janelle shut it down. She also acknowledged that it's reasonable that Meri is having a problem trusting her motivations. This is probably an issue that would have been buried years ago if upbeat Christine wasn't there as a buffer.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 4

Affair-Shaffair

The big deal here, affair or not, is that she is on a reality show singing the praises of a wackado religion and how wonderful it is. Just like the Duggars. Its appalling to me and I dont feel sorry for her, or the Duggars at all. You want privacy, dont go on a reality show and lie about how wonderful and fulfilling your wacko religion is!

• Love 3

I haven't seen this on any of the gossip sites I frequent.  When I google it, it doesn't look like mainstream media has picked it up.  I wonder why?

Yes, it's very odd that the story hasn't been picked up by other sources yet???

Catfish drama could prove very lucrative for Meri if she does the talk show rounds to "educate" other women about Catfishes.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2

I'm strangely confused by this whole Catfish thing. So Jackie is the true person and she pretended to be a man named Sam. So who are Batman and Lindsay?

Sam (Meri's soulmate) Cooper's Twitter handle is @notbatmanyet.  Sam = Batman = Jackie Overton.  His blog: http://www.notbatmanyet.com/

Lindsay is Sam's #1 employee and BFF.  Her Twitter is @itsnotmyfault75.  Lindsay = Jackie Overton.

There are also other employees/friends of Sam's (Shelly, Mark) that are also Jackie Overton.

• Love 3

I believe that Meri fell in love with "Sam". We can see the love notes and hear the voice mails. I think that she honestly believed that she had a loving relationship with a MAN who was coming to carry her away from her horrible life in polygamy. I don't believe that she actually had sex because "Sam" doesn't really exist. This was an emotional affair, not a physical affair. This catfish lady is crazy and cruel. Poor Meri.

I feel very bad for Meri, too.  She may be awful in many ways, but nobody deserves to be manipulated and hurt like this.  And I do believe she has been incredibly manipulated.  Who is to say whether Meri would have ever engaged in any kind of affair had she not been preyed upon by someone whose sole intent was to gain her trust and presented themself as being an ideal partner who could rescue her from an unhappy situation?  It has to really hurt, too, since it does sound as if she felt like she was in love.  Then to find out that not only does the object of your love not really exist, but you have been the victim of someone's sick game.  And to have it all made so public.  The cruelty astonishes.  

I don't see Meri as so much having an affair as having been victimized by a very sick, very evil person.  

• Love 17

Sam (Meri's soulmate) Cooper's Twitter handle is @notbatmanyet. Sam = Batman = Jackie Overton. His blog: http://www.notbatmanyet.com/

Lindsay is Sam's #1 employee and BFF. Her Twitter is @itsnotmyfault75. Lindsay = Jackie Overton.

There are also other employees/friends of Sam's (Shelly, Mark) that are also Jackie Overton.

This is beyond frightening. Why did this nut job fixate on Meri? Why is she still claiming to be a man? I think Meri should get a restraining order. No one goes to this much trouble then stops of their own initiative. I wish someone would start publically shaming Jackie. How about a recording of her pretending to be a man?

• Love 2

She was such an easy target too..crying on tv constantly about how lonely and alone she was going to be in her empty nest. Yet another example of how reality tv fucks with people who are not equipped to deal with the outcomes. I swear. .Josh Duggar. ..Meri Brown...Christine Brown...Whitney Thore..a Gosselin kid...someone is gonna pull the trigger with their toe soon...its just a matter of time.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 5