Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Sounds like Meri is trying to convince herself that life is good in Flagstaff … must be hard to do when her house in LV is unsold.

The Grand Canyon is even closer to LV than Flag. She could visit more often.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Holy crap, those are the longest eyebrows I have every seen.  They go all the way down to the side of her eyes!

It's as if she positions her eyebrow pencil on her brow bone and follows it aaaallll the way around.  It also looks like she used a taupe color pencil on one eye and auburn on the other.  Now that's what Meri calls edgy.

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 8
8 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I get it, but still gotta defend her. The last thing people should be thinking about in a national park is fashion (just my opinion as a rescue professional). It's what works with your feet, is functional and comfortable--if the shoes are ugly, so be it. Honestly, most people aren't looking at others' feet to see how cute their boots are. I look at peoples' feet to see if I need to stop and educate them. 

Meri and her ugly boots get a pass from me on this one. I just hope she stayed on the rim with the rest of that getup. 

Galloway Cave posted that she had gone where you're not allowed.

I prefer my PROPER hiking boots, the fact that they look nice is a bonus.

Meri's shoes look like biker boots not hiking boots.

I believe in the proper footwear for whatever activity.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Someone posted that she had gone where you're not allowed.

I guess they are familiar with that spot?

I prefer my proper hiking boots, the fact that they look nice is a bonus.

Meri's shoes look like biker boots not hiking boots.

I'm not much of a hiker and even less of a biker, but the soles of Meri's boots seem flat and rigid.  I would think that more appropriate hiking boots would have built-in cleats for gripping rough terrain and lace firmly up the ankles for support.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Galloway Cave posted that she had gone where you're not allowed.

In the touristy areas, there are rock walls and pipe fences. She either went around a fence (people would probably crawl up her ass for doing so) or was at a location where there wasn't a fence. I have a pic of me, age 18, sitting out on the edge. So, so stupid. The Kaibab Formation is very crumbly and slick.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not much of a hiker and even less of a biker, but the soles of Meri's boots seem flat and rigid.  I would think that more appropriate hiking boots would have built-in cleats for gripping rough terrain and lace firmly up the ankles for support.

Exactly those things don't look at all like hiking boots as you said they are not laced up for ankle support and the bottom doesn't appear to have the right cleat type sole.

As Galloway said she's gone into an area where she shouldn't be.

Ugly or not, She's definitely not wearing proper hiking boots,

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

In the touristy areas, there are rock walls and pipe fences. She either went around a fence (people would probably crawl up her ass for doing so) or was at a location where there wasn't a fence. I have a pic of me, age 18, sitting out on the edge. So, so stupid. The Kaibab Formation is very crumbly and slick.

I am so afraid of heights just thinking about this makes my stomach feel all twirly.  Twirly is the technical term :).

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

The last thing people should be thinking about in a national park is fashion

Honestly, most people aren't looking at others' feet to see how cute their boots are. I look at peoples' feet to see if I need to stop and educate them. 

Meri and her ugly boots get a pass from me on this one. I just hope she stayed on the rim with the rest of that getup. 

Exactly who are you suggesting is out on hiking trails "thinking about fashion or looking at people's feet to see how cute their boots are"?

I'm sitting at my computer looking at a picture of Meri posted on a forum where we regularly comment on her too tight clothing and her ugly footwear.... No one that I know is out on hiking trails thinking about fashion or looking at people to see if they're wearing cute shoes. 🙄

I've hiked a lot, I've been on difficult hikes where the guide turned people back for showing up in running shoes or inappropriate boots like Meri.

If you want to give inappropriate boots a pass that's your business...a lot of guides wouldn't.

Edited by Joan of Argh
clarity
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly who are you suggesting is out on hiking trails "thinking about fashion or looking at people's feet to see how cute their boots are"?

I'm sitting at my computer looking at a picture of Meri posted on a forum where we regularly comment on her too tight clothing and her ugly footwear.... No one that I know is out on hiking trails thinking about fashion or looking at people to see if they're wearing cute shoes. 🙄

I've hiked a lot, I've been on difficult hikes where the guide turned people back for showing up in running shoes or inappropriate boots like Meri.

If you want to give inappropriate boots a pass that's your business...a lot of guides wouldn't.

It seems I misinterpreted what you were trying to say and we may have misunderstood each other. As far as Meri's boots, they're certainly better than flip-flops or those chunky wedges she's known to wear. I'll get back to picking on her shortly:). 

I've never given inappropriate boots a pass in the field when able to look closely at them. Moving past the apparent misunderstanding. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Oh my goodness, I read this sentence and I can't stop laughing, I don't know why. It has thrown me into a manic episode, thinking up hashtags. 

#hikingforfashion  #fashionhiker  #fashiononthetrails  #cutetrailboots

• LOL 5
23 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

To be fair, Meri probably is.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 4/26/2019 at 2:24 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

She could always go back for a visit and stay in one of the three - count 'em, THREE! - Brown houses that haven't sold yet.

#Whyaminotsorry #Becausefinancialresponsibility #HerestoseeingKodysheadexplode

She didn't put her house on the market until Jan. Wonder if she was using it as a crash pad on the way from Flagstaff to the B&B in Utah? Or when she wanted to visit her friends in LV?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

She didn't put her house on the market until Jan. Wonder if she was using it as a crash pad on the way from Flagstaff to the B&B in Utah? Or when she wanted to visit her friends in LV?

Maybe Meri had all the Browns, who stayed in Vegas over for family dinners........not!

• LOL 7

Meri is following and liking kpatrick one of her Aruba "bottle of rum" dudes. ❤

At least this time she knows he's a real person  

Kootie better step up, comb his scraggly hair and pull it into his cutest scrunchie 😂

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 4/26/2019 at 2:41 PM, Sandy W said:

It's as if she positions her eyebrow pencil on her brow bone and follows it aaaallll the way around.  It also looks like she used a taupe color pencil on one eye and auburn on the other.  Now that's what Meri calls edgy.

I figured she had microblading done by someone who clearly doesn't know wtf he or she is doing.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I thought it was an attempt to stagger the listings. 

Here's probably what Kody figured would happen:

July 18 - list Christine's house for $600k or whatever the original exorbitant price was. It would sell within a week. 

Aug 18 -list Janelle's house for $700k because Christine's house sold so quickly that they could ask more. It sells immediately. 

Sept 18 - list Meri's house for $750k. Same.

Oct 18 - list Robyn's house the Showplace! For $800k 

And of course who wouldn't want to live in a celebrity's house?!? Hah?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I figured she had microblading done by someone who clearly doesn't know wtf he or she is doing.

She heard the song Bette Davis Eyes and thought it was referring to the Hollywood 1940's vamp look of the eyebrows.  She didn't realize it was the electricity and magnetism behind those eyes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Kootie better step up, comb his scraggly hair and pull it into his cutest scrunchie 😂

I hope this isn't some lame attempt to arouse jealousy in Kody.  She knows his weakness lies in loss of control of his harem and after seeing his reaction to "Sam" being described as taller, stronger blah blah than Kody, she should know better.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, that would make sense.  Nemesis Janelle wasn't going to sell former HBIC Meri's house!  

So now Meri's cozying up to an Aruba guy?  Some people never learn.

She could do cross over with 90 day fiance.  I would watch the hell out of that.

• LOL 11
23 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, that would make sense.  Nemesis Janelle wasn't going to sell former HBIC Meri's house!  

So now Meri's cozying up to an Aruba guy?  Some people never learn.

Don't know what's going on privately but publically she's following and liking him on instagram ❤

I'd love to know what Kootie and the others think of it. 

• Love 3
On 4/26/2019 at 2:52 PM, Absolom said:

Why doesn't she do her hair like that more often?  It looks nice that way.  So another wife ripped from Las Vegas to make Robyn happy.

I was just going to comment that she wears her hair in the same terrible crimped style every freaking day (that a camera is in her). This is so nice a soft! She should go ask the stylist how to do it. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I was just going to comment that she wears her hair in the same terrible crimped style every freaking day (that a camera is in her). This is so nice a soft! She should go ask the stylist how to do it. 

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume she didn’t do this herself, if history is any indication of how terrible she is at doing her own hair. 

• Love 4
On 4/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, Joan of Argh said:

One of those attractive, fit-looking guys, right? A guy who could probably have his pick over anyone but Meri? 

Meri does not ooze sexuality. Even when she was trying to be with "Sam", it was awkward and weird (the photos--eyebleach required). It doesn't seem to come naturally to her and makes her seem desperate versus "cute". It may have more to do with her uptight personality than her appearance. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

One of those attractive, fit-looking guys, right? A guy who could probably have his pick over anyone but Meri? 

Meri does not ooze sexuality. Even when she was trying to be with "Sam", it was awkward and weird (the photos--eyebleach required). It doesn't seem to come naturally to her and makes her seem desperate versus "cute". It may have more to do with her uptight personality than her appearance. 

Yes... I think he was the guy on the right in the original bottle of rum pic... and I agree she always looks very awkward when she tries to look "sexy" almost like a naive tween or something.

Maybe it's from all the years of feigning modesty under Kooties standards... I imagine it's difficult to go from wearing layers of clothing and covering everything..... to bare arms and cleavage on display.

I wish we could have seen the reaction when Kootie and the gang got their first look at the "Sam" sexy pics.... yikes! 😲

Here's the pic of him that she likes... ❤️

kpat.png

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yes... I think he was the guy on the right in the original bottle of rum pic... and I agree she always looks very awkward when she tries to look "sexy" almost like a naive tween or something.

Maybe it's from all the years of feigning modesty under Kooties standards... I imagine it's difficult to go from wearing layers of clothing and covering everything..... to bare arms and cleavage on display.

I wish we could have seen the reaction when Kootie and the gang got their first look at the "Sam" sexy pics.... yikes! 😲

Here's the pic of him that she likes... ❤️

kpat.png

He looks polished and well groomed, much like every young Mormon man I have ever met.  If he is Mormon, that would be a big plus for Meri.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

He looks polished and well groomed, much like every young Mormon man I have ever met.  If he is Mormon, that would be a big plus for Meri.

He seems to travel a lot and almost every pic is with guys... No women.

Do young Mormon men tend to hang out together and rarely with women?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

He seems to travel a lot and almost every pic is with guys... No women.

Do young Mormon men tend to hang out together and rarely with women?

The grooming does fit the profile of another group of men that tend to hang together, but I think that devout Mormon men tend to mingle with women in groups to avoid temptations.  Some go as far as to bring along a chaperone when "courting".

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The pose, vest and pink tie scream gay to me.  Not that there is anything wrong with that. Meri needs friends.

Pinging my gaydar as well.  But, as you say, that's fine.  Just hope Meri doesn't get sucked into falling in love with him.  I don't see her as particularly adept at sussing out her targets.

• Love 11

He's much too cute for Meri.  My gaydar is pinging, too.  Ooh, and he drinks?  Kootie would shit bricks.  FOTY gave side-eye to Logan at Aspyn's wedding for having, what, a beer?

Was the Meri's crush guy on that cruise hawking LuLaNo?  I'd have to subtract points from his appeal, if he was in fact a seller of that crap.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The pose, vest and pink tie scream gay to me.  Not that there is anything wrong with that. Meri needs friends.

Agree..but looks like wedding party.  If you look close in the window, you can see others with the same suit on and one taking the pic..

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Being the mother of a gay son who doesn't look or dress anything like that fellow, he does ping my gaydar too.  But, if Meri has a nice gay man as a friend and doesn't fall in love with him, she will be a very lucky woman.  I have been around a lot of various types and styles of gay men and although Mr. lookeyloo and I are very happily married, there is a whole different kind of fun and adventure with my gay male friends.  

• Love 10
(edited)

Interesting and a lot of what we have been discussing for a long time:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/tv/why-sister-wives-fans-think-meri-brown-should-move-on-from-kody.html/

But, she's still there. How can someone be so obviously happy away from her family, yet still have a residence near the family? Maybe she spends so much time away that going "home" is more like a visit? 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/tv/why-sister-wives-fans-think-meri-brown-should-move-on-from-kody.html/

But, she's still there. How can someone be so obviously happy away from her family, yet still have a residence near the family? Maybe she spends so much time away that going "home" is more like a visit? 

After all that has happened in her life (husband collecting wives, inability to procreate beyond one, loss of HBIC), I can see why Mary has become the person she is today.  You can say she signed up for the lifestyle all you want, when you are young and in love you have no way of knowing how you are going to feel or what your life will be like when you are looking back at 25 years of water under the bridge.  There are things I don’t like about Mary and things that I really do like.  I think the collective person we see today is a product of being a survivor and adopting personality traits she felt she needed to in order to survive all the twists and turns in her life.

So her life didn’t turn out the way she expected.  At least you can say she is the only one that really got up off her ass and did things to make it tolerable.  I think she sees the reality of the situation and has found a way to be okay with it.  I’m always glad to see her having fun away from the family.  It’s her escape pod if you will.  It’s not like she can stay home with Kootie and the sisters and have fun.  They don’t want to have that kind of relationship with her and everyone has their reasons.  Does she still love Kootie?  Is she just hanging around for the show?  Who knows.  But I am not going to judge her for finding what helps her get from one day to the next or put a little joy and friendship in her life.  That’s just being human.

For the record, I think Christine is trying to do the same thing, just in a different way.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Because of the show money.  

I know it's been discussed here and in other places that TLC could spin off Meri onto her own show, but i think Meri is pretty aware that she can't sustain a show on her own for long. Maybe a short season at best.  What are they going to show? 

• Can't show her selling LLR and that's what she seems to spend most of her time doing. Also they can't show her at LLR events or cruises. No Disney either. I don't think Disney has even been *mentioned* on the show.
  • Mariah is in Chicago. She's not there every day. 
  • She'd be living in her B&B with her mom. I could see that being a few shows but an ongoing plot? What guests staying there would agree to be on the show for no money? 
  • The rest of the family might make occasional appearances but I think they'd back off and focus on saving their own bacon. They need Meri too, for all the hate watchers that they rely on. 

I have a little script in my head on what a Meri-only show would be like. Instead of the wives it would be her mom and sis who I'm sure are nice people but they seem kind of blah.  

The show would probably be Meri rearranging furniture in the B&B and trying to find a date. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Because of the show money.  

I know it's been discussed here and in other places that TLC could spin off Meri onto her own show, but i think Meri is pretty aware that she can't sustain a show on her own for long. Maybe a short season at best.  What are they going to show? 

• Can't show her selling LLR and that's what she seems to spend most of her time doing. Also they can't show her at LLR events or cruises. No Disney either. I don't think Disney has even been *mentioned* on the show.
  • Mariah is in Chicago. She's not there every day. 
  • She'd be living in her B&B with her mom. I could see that being a few shows but an ongoing plot? What guests staying there would agree to be on the show for no money? 
  • The rest of the family might make occasional appearances but I think they'd back off and focus on saving their own bacon. They need Meri too, for all the hate watchers that they rely on. 

I have a little script in my head on what a Meri-only show would be like. Instead of the wives it would be her mom and sis who I'm sure are nice people but they seem kind of blah.  

The show would probably be Meri rearranging furniture in the B&B and trying to find a date. 

I don't think Meri will find many suitable date candidates in Parowan.  The script in my head for when the show ends goes something like this:

- Meri maintains a pied-a-terre in Las Vegas and rents a room size storage locker to conduct her LLR business from.  She has said that she had many friends in LV and really loved it there.

- She makes the less than 3 hour scoot up to Parowan mid-week each week to check on mom and sip sweet tea on the porch rockers, stays overnight then back to the big city, bright lights. 

- I don't believe it's her faith that keeps her connected to Kody, she was prepared to dump it when it came to "Sam", so it seems to me that she is ego-driven to prove to herself that she can win her way back to #1 spot with Kody.  Whether or not she is able to accomplish this goal will become irrelevant when the show dies, she'll be gone, either feeling triumphant that she could have had him back if she wanted or taking solace in the fact that she can turn a buck in one form of an MLM or another.

• Love 8

I keep waiting for the LLR thing to end. When I was on FB I joined her VIP group just to be an onlooker like 99% of the other members. She had a bunch of gals including her sister sign up under her. She'd promote their live sales "after my sale go to so-and-so's group! Lots of good stuff..." 

Then I'd go to that consultant's page and there would be maybe 10-25 viewers and she'd be holding up items one after the other without a single claim or comment. It was painful to watch since most of them had racks of unsold merch in the background while showing stuff they'd just received.

What a hamster wheel. But they all seem thrilled to be a FRIEND of MERI.

Even if they're thousands of dollars in debt.

• Love 2