Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

On 12/13/2020 at 10:29 AM, VedaPierce said:

Gotta say, that to me, sounds like heaven right about now! I’m on Long Island and am probably going through something, but I’m so sick of my town, my state, I’m looking to sell my house and move. My youngest is about to start college in the fall and my husband and I have no idea where to go. All I know is I want LAND, and lots of it, lots of distance between neighbors, small-town feeling, peace. Been watching Real Housewives of Salt Lake and my son asked, “why can’t we live THERE?” Lol. The beauty of the land was stunning! Anyone else feeling like they want to escape and run into the woods?? Lol

(I’m sure with our thick Lawng Island accents we would stick out like sore thumbs in Parowan! Lol)

The accents would be fine, so long as y ou leave the New York Attitude behind.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

968F7E2B-C405-42C3-9EBD-2E3B9940755F.jpeg

B71F7AE5-F48B-44EC-999F-34128B4D2266.jpeg

NO, Meri, you do not love who you are as the hashtag claims--obviously. Holy bad face-tune. Meri also ran out of regular eyeliner and all she could find was the giant Sharpie Pro Magnum marker. 

If this woman hates her face so much, why doesn't she just go to a dermatologist or boutique that specializes in treatments and procedures? It's not like she can't afford it. That would be better than the bad face-tuning and not looking anything like she does in real life. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

Mari really needs to cut back on the eyeliner and mascara, imo. She does have nice eyes and presumably wants to highlight them, but all that eye makeup does her no favors, especially at her age. (She's got Tammy Faye Baker eyes). 

With the money that she saves on mascara and eyeliner, maybe she can get a consult with a professional makeup artist who will show her how to use makeup for someone her age?

Edited by Adiba
typo
  • Love 12

That picture with the crystals looks only slightly better than my one attempt at doing Painting with a Twist. And at least I got to hang with friends after spending $35 to create a horrible picture. Does she charge shipping for that too?

Honestly, I really wonder if she is going to farmer's markets and thrift stores, buying things on clearance, and reselling them. The stuff she is selling looks like it came from a school bake sale or a garage sale.

• Love 5

Again, I must ask - who is she marketing this random sampling of oddities to?  Do you know anyone who suddenly gets a hankering for a Rice Krispie treat threaded through with armpit/dog hair**, made in some dusty out of the way B&B in Parowan, Utah?  With perhaps a coaster to set it on and a crystal grid to gaze at whilst consuming said stale pastry?  It has to be her sycophants ordering this stuff but even still, who would rilly want a piece of tourist crap from a B&B that they have never visited and likely never will?  She must be making some profit, otherwise I doubt she'd keep coming up with stuff to try and sell.  And it's not as if she 's autographing the stuff or anything.  'Tis a mystery.

**from the pit of the one and only Mariah Lian!  With dog hair from Kody Koda!  Maybe if she marketed THAT, she'd get more business.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I'll admit I'm a spiritual nerd and wear and use crystals but with an intention. She has no clue that this is not a crystal grid.  Crystal grids are used for attracting certain things in life. And I'm sure her religion frowns upon this as it's woo woo witchy stuff. Anything for a buck though, right Meri? And if that's 50 dollars, it's sorely overpriced. You can get crystals off of Amazon or even a crystal shop for cheap and make your own grid. There are plenty of blogs out there that teach one how to make their own crystal grids. Oh and grids aren't usually framed art....derp....People that use crystals take great care of them and know they need to be charged and cleansed on a regular basis for them to remain effective. So in order for this to be charged and cleansed the crystals would have to be removed from the art or the the whole piece would have removed from the wall. DERP!!  She's a knothead and should educate herself before trying to sell garbage like this. 

• Useful 12
  • Love 5

Who buys this crap?  Seriously, who?  $50 for that!!!  I've stayed at beautiful BnBs in Savannah, Charleston, Atlanta, and Gatlinburg, but I don't recall seeing crap for sale in every dusty nook and cranny they had. 🏰

Secondly, how does she afford to get this crap even made up? Doesn't it cost money to set up the presses for printing cheap tea towels, baseball caps, and make childish shadow boxes?  How does she afford to do this at a time when everyone is cutting back on non-essentials?  Rice crispy cakes, okay I kinda get having the funds for cereal and sugar, but the rest of this crap had to cost money to set up.  

Lastly, Meri is what, in her 50s? It's sad that she has to depend on cheap sayings and truisms to get her through her day, but I guess its better than drinking.  Did she not learn anything from the Dark Mistress' foray into the joolry business?  

These people.  😛

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Secondly, how does she afford to get this crap even made up? Doesn't it cost money to set up the presses for printing cheap tea towels, baseball caps, and make childish shadow boxes? 

Absolutely.  I am with the marketing team for a nonprofit.  There is a cost to setting things up and a minimum order that you have to make to resell.    We are constantly debating what we can sell against the costs - can we sell 500 of an item at $4 apiece or will be be stuck with 450 of them?  Charge more?  A lot of these items have minimum orders that make us take a second look. And we're a Friends group for a very popular tourist attraction (lighthouse) so we do pretty well but we still debate every single option!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Is she selling the mints to honor a giving spirit, instead of giving the mints away??? So she's making money to honor a selfless person?

Confusing, isn't it?  My mental capacity can't handle such advanced mental acrobatics, so I'm gonna have to take Meri's word on it, it's selfless, darn it!  🤪

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Doesn't it cost money to set up the presses for printing cheap tea towels, baseball caps, and make childish shadow boxes?  How does she afford to do this at a time when everyone is cutting back on non-essentiaIs.

Is she racking up business expenses for a tax break of some kind?

Then again, it dimly rings a bell that the IRS (and the state) caps business losses at 3 years or something like that, after however many years there's no benefit to continued losses. I'm sure someone here can chime in with knowledge about that.

Her LLR biz has to be a goldmine, the inn not so much. 

• Love 7

"If you want truth, be truthful????"

That's rich, coming from Meri, who wouldn't tell the truth, if it bit her in the ass.  

Her sycophant fans buy her crap and enrich her coffers, to ensure she'll never reap what she sows.  How nice. 😡

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
58 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

There is a cost to setting things up and a minimum order that you have to make to resell.    We are constantly debating what we can sell against the costs - can we sell 500 of an item at $4 apiece or will be be stuck with 450 of them? 

Yep. I sell promotional products and screenprint/embroidered apparel. That's why her stuff drives me nuts. Logo uninteresting, art and imprint colors boring ( really brown thread/ink on off white towels, caps, mint tins, coasters . . .  yawn) , and the items are not something anyone would want and or use. Even if she's not selling them but using them for advertising, unless you are back in time, say the 70's, the message she is presenting is dated and unimpressive. 

People like stuff that is unique and interesting and/or has cool graphics.

I doubt she's making any dough on this stuff, most likely using as advertising. But then this is Meri, formerly of My Sisters Closet, so who knows.

Maybe I should call her!!!!  🤣🤣🤣

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I doubt she's making any dough on this stuff, most likely using as advertising. But then this is Meri, formerly of My Sisters Closet, so who knows.

From the short amount of time I spent watching Meri's Facebook Live Lularoe shows before I was kicked off, I really believe there are lots of women buying that shit. Meri has an actual fan club, from what I saw. These women LOVE her. She was getting like 200 to 500 people watching her Facebook Lives at once, and every poorly made Lularoe piece of clothing was selling. It was a bit horrifying to watch. She tries to act like she is Ellen Degeneres with the Let's All be Kind bit, but just like Ellen, there is a dark side.

By comparison, I have known several people who tried selling Lularoe. Once the popularity of Lularoe started to fade, they had a horrible time getting anything to sell, and they all got out of the business, mostly at a loss. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

From the short amount of time I spent watching Meri's Facebook Live Lularoe shows before I was kicked off, I really believe there are lots of women buying that shit. Meri has an actual fan club, from what I saw. These women LOVE her. She was getting like 200 to 500 people watching her Facebook Lives at once, and every poorly made Lularoe piece of clothing was selling. It was a bit horrifying to watch. She tries to act like she is Ellen Degeneres with the Let's All be Kind bit, but just like Ellen, there is a dark side.

By comparison, I have known several people who tried selling Lularoe. Once the popularity of Lularoe started to fade, they had a horrible time getting anything to sell, and they all got out of the business, mostly at a loss. 

I always had a feeling she was making a killing selling LLR. As much as I dislike Meri, good for her for setting something up for when this shitshow is finally cancelled. She'll be gone gone gone when it's done and over with and all that "I'm still here" talk is for ratings. What woman would stay after her husband told the viewers he had second thoughts about marrying her?

Meri and the producers probably realize her drama is what's keeping viewers watching (It's admittedly keeps me watching). Not only does she have a successful business selling god-awful ugly clothes, she's keeping the show afloat, too. It would be a borefest without Meri and everyone knows it--even if Kody hates her, he knows she's going to keep the money rolling in. 

• Love 8
On 12/15/2020 at 7:10 PM, suomi said:

Is she racking up business expenses for a tax break of some kind?

Then again, it dimly rings a bell that the IRS (and the state) caps business losses at 3 years or something like that, after however many years there's no benefit to continued losses. I'm sure someone here can chime in with knowledge about that.

Her LLR biz has to be a goldmine, the inn not so much. 

She definitely claims a loss in taxes every year for tax benefits. Amazon claims a loss every year too. Let that sink in.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 3
On 12/15/2020 at 7:57 PM, xwordfanatik said:

"If you want truth, be truthful????"

That's rich, coming from Meri, who wouldn't tell the truth, if it bit her in the ass.  

Her sycophant fans buy her crap and enrich her coffers, to ensure she'll never reap what she sows.  How nice. 😡

Right! Paragon of honesty, our Meri, especially while caught in the cheating scandal with ole Batman. “He made me leave those voicemails saying he’s better, taller than Kody, or he would hurt the fambly”. Eye-roll

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 5
On 12/15/2020 at 7:57 PM, itsadryheat said:

Yep. I sell promotional products and screenprint/embroidered apparel. That's why her stuff drives me nuts. Logo uninteresting, art and imprint colors boring ( really brown thread/ink on off white towels, caps, mint tins, coasters . . .  yawn) , and the items are not something anyone would want and or use. Even if she's not selling them but using them for advertising, unless you are back in time, say the 70's, the message she is presenting is dated and unimpressive. 

People like stuff that is unique and interesting and/or has cool graphics.

Maybe I should call her!!!!  🤣🤣🤣

Omg! So funny! I work for a promotional company too! In fact, I create all of our logos! Lol I’m gonna call her too! Lol lol

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Right! Paragon of honesty, our Meri, especially while caught in the cheating scandal with ole Batman. “He made me leave those voicemails saying he’s better, taller than Kody, or he would hurt the fambly”. Eye-roll

"His accomplice Lindsay, came to my home and placed her phone near mine, possibly extracting from mine all of our family private information".  I then sacrificially threw myself into the flames to save the family, you should all be thanking me.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Omg! So funny! I work for a promotional company too! In fact, I create all of our logos! Lol I’m gonna call her too! Lol lol

Imagine a joint, masked business trip to Parawon where we sit at Lizzie's and give her a presentation to up her game. Audrey would probably have her bouncer Mariah clock you for making a move on her graphics territory. Meri would steal my ideas and have her Mormon buddies produce them.

Actually the thought of being in the same room with them is a bit horrifying. Mariah scares me.

How's business on the East Coast? dead here in the desert.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Imagine a joint, masked business trip to Parawon where we sit at Lizzie's and give her a presentation to up her game. Audrey would probably have her bouncer Mariah clock you for making a move on her graphics territory. Meri would steal my ideas and have her Mormon buddies produce them.

Actually the thought of being in the same room with them is a bit horrifying. Mariah scares me.

How's business on the East Coast? dead here in the desert.

I’m in! Let’s go! Lol Wouldn’t that be so fun and crazy??

Our company Was actually able to pivot and switched gears around April/May to become essential. They started producing scrubs, masks, everything with “Healthcare Heroes” logos printed on it... but was VERY scary for a while. There was a point back in March where suddenly every single order stopped. Just stopped. And the orders that were placed and fulfilled where not getting paid. Suddenly no money AT ALL was coming into a 500-person company. I was watching people all around me getting fired every day. Manufacturing, sales, customer service, marketing, creative, etc. It was very difficult to get through. Not really back to where it was, but we will see what the future holds. Hope it gets better for all of us. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Do either of you in marketing have any idea how much it would cost to produce the mints tin in quantities of say 1,000?  I'm guessing no more than 50 cents to slap a logo on an overseas produced blank tin.  A trip to the bulk food store for mints, another 25 cents invested, and they could be peddled to her adoring fans for 5 BUCKS!

If the demand for mints slackens off, she could probably fill the tins with the contents of her vacuum cleaner bags for the devotees to carry around a little piece of the Inn.  

• LOL 10
18 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Wouldn’t that be so fun and crazy??

It would be fun. I used to ride a motorcycle and a group of us would go from Tucson to Brian Head every year, 15 miles from Parowan. Very Pretty. This would be the fun part.

The crazy part would be the in person interaction with my favorite certifiable reality show mother daughter duo (Chantel and Karen breathing down their necks). As a seasoned account executive, I admit I would need a few therapy sessions and a martini prior to the sales pitch. 

Wonder who we would get-nasty Meri, crying Meri, or lularoe Meri.

Plus, Mariah scares me.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

It would be fun. I used to ride a motorcycle and a group of us would go from Tucson to Brian Head every year, 15 miles from Parowan. Very Pretty. This would be the fun part.

The crazy part would be the in person interaction with my favorite certifiable reality show mother daughter duo (Chantel and Karen breathing down their necks). As a seasoned account executive, I admit I would need a few therapy sessions and a martini prior to the sales pitch. 

Wonder who we would get-nasty Meri, crying Meri, or lularoe Meri.

Plus, Mariah scares me.

We’d probably get Meri-The-Shill. She would have no interest in us, just our money, and out would come the racks of ugly shmattas and the door-stop-worthy Rice Krispie (?!) treats. (Rice Krispie Treats...who the hell buys that garbage?) Mariah would be skulking around looking for something to scold someone about. 

Riding around that beautiful landscape on a motorcycle has GOT to be the coolest thing EVER! 🤩

Edited by VedaPierce
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Do either of you in marketing have any idea how much it would cost to produce the mints tin in quantities of say 1,000?  I'm guessing no more than 50 cents to slap a logo on an overseas produced blank tin.  A trip to the bulk food store for mints, another 25 cents invested, and they could be peddled to her adoring fans for 5 BUCKS!

If the demand for mints slackens off, she could probably fill the tins with the contents of her vacuum cleaner bags for the devotees to carry around a little piece of the Inn.  

Yes!  Just like in the 60's, when Beatles fans bought pieces of the carpet in the rooms they stayed in, at the Edgewater Inn in Seattle.  My mother-in-law bought one.

Remember the flak that John Lennon created when he said the Beatles were "more popular than Jesus?"  Meri probably thinks the same thing!  LOL

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Not in the marketing business myself but my employer has done the mint tin with the company logo as giveaways to clients etc and employees got them as well during company events. They were basically Altoid-type mints for bad breath etc.  I bet whatever company my employer used probably paid 25 cents each to produce each one. Max.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 5
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

How much time each day does Meri (or her minions) spend dusting all of the tchotchkes and lace?

Where are all these family heirlooms she brags about?  I see a few vintage photos and a crocheted doily.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Riding around that beautiful landscape on a motorcycle has GOT to be the coolest thing EVER! 🤩

Absolutely the best time of my life! What's weird is Brian Head has many places to stay-we would rent condos. Parowan being so close, I wonder who would actually stay there and who she's marketing the Inn too. 

I've stayed at a few B&B's. Meri's place seems pretty uncomfortable, small rooms and property, and if you stayed their, you'd have people hovering. Where do you sit to hang out, the little parlor with the wood chairs?  Instead of the treats and tins, I'd trade for a box of wine. Much better way to get a sugar fix, imo.

That environment makes a social introvert like me itchy.

Maybe it's a very low level Tom Girardi Ponzi scheme-housing for mom, Meri and the girls spun as an historic B&B. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Absolutely the best time of my life! What's weird is Brian Head has many places to stay-we would rent condos. Parowan being so close, I wonder who would actually stay there and who she's marketing the Inn too. 

I've stayed at a few B&B's. Meri's place seems pretty uncomfortable, small rooms and property, and if you stayed their, you'd have people hovering. Where do you sit to hang out, the little parlor with the wood chairs?  Instead of the treats and tins, I'd trade for a box of wine. Much better way to get a sugar fix, imo.

That environment makes a social introvert like me itchy.

Maybe it's a very low level Tom Girardi Ponzi scheme-housing for mom, Meri and the girls spun as an historic B&B. 

I've always had a feeling that underneath it all, it doubled a business and a crash pad for Meri when the show ends (when will it all end, it just keeps going). She can stay there until she figures out where she actually wants to be and if all else fails, she stays there. Thirdly, is had been in her family before so all the more reason for her to buy it--she couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. 

Meri is smart in that regard. None of the other wives seem to have anything set up for when it's over, but they don't seem as unhappy as Meri. I gotta give Meri credit for her planning. 

• Love 10