Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Remba when this used to be their attire - long sleeves under sleeveless tops/dresses.... 

image.png.2208d9f09bedd8bde0068be1db6d2345.png

Oh YES - I had forgotten that, too!  The "Mod" Fundie look!  Where they are beyond the pastel dresses but still dress so dang overly-modest and weird!

image.png

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Oh YES - I had forgotten that, too!  The "Mod" Fundie look!  Where they are beyond the pastel dresses but still dress so dang overly-modest and weird!

image.png

I think they may have been wearing the "fundie undies" back in those days and that clothing covered the cap sleeves of the camisoles.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Come ON, you canNOT just blindly grab four or five items out of your closet, wear them all at the same time and think that you're gonna strut out of the house looking like the bomb (more like "you're bombed").  In the photo of the 8 women, only one (second from right) looks like she didn't just roll out of bed after a weekend bender and throw on whatever rags she could reach from the dirty laundry under the bed.  And I sit gobsmacked at the heading - "Is matching things up a chore?"  It's like the crazier and stupider you look leaving the house, the better?  I don't know.  I am sooooo looking forward to a future 10-part Netflix documentary called "The Sinking of LuLaRoe."  Sign me all up for that.

This is like some alternate fundie version of the FLDS prairie dresses - and almost as bad! If I had to wear that crap, I swear I'd want a burka along with it!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Remba when this used to be their attire - long sleeves under sleeveless tops/dresses.... 

image.png.2208d9f09bedd8bde0068be1db6d2345.png

I never understood why they thought form-fitting shirts caressing their ham-hocks, muffin tops and rolls of back fat were "modest" just because they had long sleeves.  Mary's hair doesn't look too bad in this old photo.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

I never understood why they thought form-fitting shirts caressing their ham-hocks, muffin tops and rolls of back fat were "modest" just because they had long sleeves.  Mary's hair doesn't look too bad in this old photo.

+++1 to this, but I'll admit that when this show first started, I used to be oddly fascinated at how the wives dressed - with the cute, summer tank tops layered over the long-sleeved shirts.  Part of me kind of marveled at how they paired the two items and color-coordinated them, and part of me wondered exactly what Deirdra posted above - how is this a modest look when it clings to every nook and cranny like Saran Wrap?  And mostly I wondered how on earth they managed to dress like this in the heat of summer - too-tight layers on a hot, humid day would be so gross and sticky.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

+++1 to this, but I'll admit that when this show first started, I used to be oddly fascinated at how the wives dressed - with the cute, summer tank tops layered over the long-sleeved shirts.  Part of me kind of marveled at how they paired the two items and color-coordinated them, and part of me wondered exactly what Deirdra posted above - how is this a modest look when it clings to every nook and cranny like Saran Wrap?  And mostly I wondered how on earth they managed to dress like this in the heat of summer - too-tight layers on a hot, humid day looks so gross and sticky.

Well it's all good now!  Now they wear mismatched patterned tops with leggings and ALWAYS seem to have a weird long hanging open jacket thingee (no clue what those things are called and don't really care cuz I will never wear one) over their shirts.   So now they don't look so sticky - just gross.

• Love 10
On 1/26/2019 at 8:22 PM, Kbo said:

Another nail in the Lulano coffin:

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Washingtons-Attorney-General-sues-Lularoe--504910362.html

It boggles my mind that the Browns can’t see that the end is near for LLR. Not going to lie, can’t wait to see what happens when it all goes down in flames. What will Meri do when she can’t live her why?  Will sludge and pudge be reduced to toast without avocado?  

There's a localish family to me that basically lives and dies by LLR.  They have a large family due to fostering and adopting, neither parents works I believe... they live off of LLR. I worry for them when the dream dies.  They remodeled the garage of their new acre for a LLR shop (old place they remodeled a shed or something).

• Love 3

Remember when Meri was in the middle of the cat fish thing, and she told Robyn she could no longer help with the Sister's Closet thing? That she was enrolled in classes in college to get her degree, and was to work with trouble teens or something like that? What happened to that I wonder?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

That she was enrolled in classes in college to get her degree, and was to work with trouble teens or something like that?

Going back to school was her excuse for not helping but I don't recall any evidence (much like the Princess these days) that she actually took any classes.  The troubled teens thing was a job she had a long time ago.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Going back to school was her excuse for not helping but I don't recall any evidence (much like the Princess these days) that she actually took any classes.  The troubled teens thing was a job she had a long time ago.

Was that the job she had, that she said she was forced to leave because of the family going public?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Remember when Meri was in the middle of the cat fish thing, and she told Robyn she could no longer help with the Sister's Closet thing? That she was enrolled in classes in college to get her degree, and was to work with trouble teens or something like that? What happened to that I wonder?

I really think it was just an excuse to not help Robyn with her business.  Robyn thought the favorite wife status was going to get someone to do most of the processing, packaging and mailing of orders.  I think Mariah might have helped some.  As a stay at home mom, there was no reason she shouldn't be able to keep up with mailing a few packages a few times a week.  Her company shouldn't be taking more than a few hours daily.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, ElderPrice said:

How did meri get the money to buy the parowan house? And she’s talking about hiring staff? Who is paying for this? 

She was pole dancing in Vegas.  I guess you can make some good money at that.  It was rumored that the bank was happy to be paid in cash, but upset that it was all in one dollar bills.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

I would love it if Meri performed each duty at the B&B. She’s the desk clerk, then she puts on a bellboy outfit and takes bags upstairs, puts on a chef hat and cooks, puts on a maid outfit and cleans...The woman needs to actually work. She always wants something for nothing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
15 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think most of the staff is family or friends who they are probably paying very little to.

And because they are stuck in Parowan, they only get paid if there are guests, and probably under the table so they pay no tax and get no benefits or Social Security points.  In a big city workers could negotiate a minimum work/pay or take a job elsewhere.

• Love 4

I still wonder how different things would have been had they stayed with the original idea of Annie as the hostess of the BnB.  I have no idea if she has culinary skills, so they may still have been required to bring someone in to prepare breakfasts.  She does seem to have an out-going personality and I could envision her conducting craft workshops to draw small groups of women to spend the weekend relaxing and turning out a few handbags under Annie's tutelage.

The negative with Annie was that she didn't have a house to sell to contribute to the downpayment, so......Annie out, Bonnie in.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I still wonder how different things would have been had they stayed with the original idea of Annie as the hostess of the BnB.  I have no idea if she has culinary skills, so they may still have been required to bring someone in to prepare breakfasts.  She does seem to have an out-going personality and I could envision her conducting craft workshops to draw small groups of women to spend the weekend relaxing and turning out a few handbags under Annie's tutelage.

The negative with Annie was that she didn't have a house to sell to contribute to the downpayment, so......Annie out, Bonnie in.

Still wish we could find out how that all went down! Annie really seemed excited about the whole thing. Could be she is the one who backed out, who knows? Someone needs to spill the tea on this, lol.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I guess if Bonnie sold her house for enough money it could be used for the down payment on the BnB.

It's totally possible that the B&B ISN'T actually Meri's at all - but Meri's AND Bonnie's.   If Bonnie's house money went towards the B&B, what little amount of money Meri put towards the pot pales in comparison.  I wonder if both of them are on the title - or whether Bonnie just GAVE the money to Meri?

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

It's totally possible that the B&B ISN'T actually Meri's at all - but Meri's AND Bonnie's.   If Bonnie's house money went towards the B&B, what little amount of money Meri put towards the pot pales in comparison.  I wonder if both of them are on the title - or whether Bonnie just GAVE the money to Meri?

Yes, I think it took a big chunk of Bonnie's house proceeds to buy that place.  Which probably means it also belongs to Meri's siblings and mother, and she didn't "do it all by herself" as she claims.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Yes, I think it took a big chunk of Bonnie's house proceeds to buy that place.  Which probably means it also belongs to Meri's siblings and mother, and she didn't "do it all by herself" as she claims.

The fact that Meri's brother (& Janelle's ex-husband) Adam showed up to help with the move made me think he wanted to keep an eye on his investment/inheritance.  Was that his wife or one of Meri's sisters helping out too (she was as short as Bonnie and as wide as Meri)?  Meri's cousin also said it was one of the more complex financings he has ever worked on, and Adam, Bonnie, Meri & the other woman were all in the room for the signing.  I suspect it was another interest-only loan for Meri.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, MV713 said:

Arent purchase records public?  Anyone in the UTAH realty field who wants to dig for the Parowan Dirt?

I pulled up Parowan recorder search and entered Meri Brown.  It  says that the property is just under her name as an unmarried woman (borrowed $308,000 from what I can tell):

http://eagleweb.ironcounty.net/eaglesoftware/eagleweb/docSearchResults.jsp?searchId=0

IF Bonnie paid $ for this property and IF Meri only put this in her name, she did her siblings dirty.  They do not have a claim to the inheritance when Bonnie passes.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mariah aka Pudge won't give 2 shits about that place once Meri passes.  

Only to sell it to the first buyer to pay off her student loans.  The ones used for yoga, coffee, and $35 brunches.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

http://eagleweb.ironcounty.net/eaglesoftware/eagleweb/docSearchResults.jsp?searchId=0

IF Bonnie paid $ for this property and IF Meri only put this in her name, she did her siblings dirty.  They do not have a claim to the inheritance when Bonnie passes.

The link doesn't work for me.  Can you see what the purchase price was?  The only fair thing Bonnie could have done, if she actually got $200,000 for her house, would have been to give each of her 5 remaining children $40K (now or after she passes), but Meri is pretty greedy and Bonnie looks healthier than her spawn, so Bonnie needs to make sure she has enough to support herself regardless of what Meri does.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The link doesn't work for me.  Can you see what the purchase price was?  The only fair thing Bonnie could have done, if she actually got $200,000 for her house, would have been to give each of her 5 remaining children $40K (now or after she passes), but Meri is pretty greedy and Bonnie looks healthier than her spawn, so Bonnie needs to make sure she has enough to support herself regardless of what Meri does.

I had to put her name in again to get the docs.  It looks like she took a loan for $346,500 in 2017 (Oct).  There is something listed I do not understand.  It says this:

Borrower shall occupy, and shall only use, the Property as Borrowers second home.  Borrower shall keep the Property available for Borrowers exclusive use and enjoyment at all times and shall not subject the property to any timesharing or other shared ownership arrangement or to any rental pool or agreement that requires borrower to either rent the Property or give a management firm or any other person any control over the occupancy or use of the property

What does this above mean?  It SOUNDS like she can't rent it out but I know next to nothing about property and the jargon.

According to another form on the site (Deed of Trust from 2018) states she owes $308,000

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m not an authority on such things*

It sounds like a second home rider. It also sounds like it’s not supposed to be an investment property.

I think that is what it is called.  Would that prohibit her from renting out rooms?

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I believe it falls into the commercial property designation.

It's confusing though because of the wording of the agreement--"any other person control of or use of the property" sounds to me that Bonnie living there full time would fall into that category?

• Love 4

No wonder Meri's cousin said it was the most difficult loan he's ever processed...it's hard to get the wording just right when you've bought a B&B with suspect money and wanted it to be a house for your mother until your big meanie husband and sister wives insisted that you run it for profit like you said you were going to do in the first place until you secretly decided that you weren't and they could all take a hike while you go off to sell $400,000 worth of crappy leggings because no one fills the way that you fill about that house!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

No wonder Meri's cousin said it was the most difficult loan he's ever processed...it's hard to get the wording just right when you've bought a B&B with suspect money and wanted it to be a house for your mother until your big meanie husband and sister wives insisted that you run it for profit like you said you were going to do in the first place until you secretly decided that you weren't and they could all take a hike while you go off to sell $400,000 worth of crappy leggings because no one fills the way that you fill about that house!!

When you said B&B and leggings in the same post I had a biz idea pop into my head for Meri.  Put a gift shop in the B&B and sell autographed LLR leggings.  Might make her a buck fifty and will get some of that horrible inventory out of her hands.  Put avo toast and maybe matcha something on the menu and market to hipsters looking for a vacation.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

And maybe she can float some sort of partnership with the Parowan Prophet.  There have to be hipsters out there that think that kind of thing is AMAZING.

Perhaps the Prophet needs some merch?  Slap his name on some horrible tied up shirt and there ya go!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, Natalie68 said:

Borrower shall occupy, and shall only use, the Property as Borrowers second home.  Borrower shall keep the Property available for Borrowers exclusive use and enjoyment at all times and shall not subject the property to any timesharing or other shared ownership arrangement or to any rental pool or agreement that requires borrower to either rent the Property or give a management firm or any other person any control over the occupancy or use of the property

What does this above mean?  It SOUNDS like she can't rent it out but I know next to nothing about property and the jargon

This appears to be a commercial loan for a bed and breakfast (b&b with more than 2-3 rooms).   It is restricting the use of the property.  Because it is a commercial property, she cannot live there full time (so she needs a real residence somewhere else).  She cannot use it as a time share or rent it out like a regular rental property.  This is boxing her in to use it for a BandB only.   That the property has been previously operated as a B&B was very helpful in getting approved.  The last sentence means she can't give a rental firm or another person the right to do what she cannot do as mentioned above.   I think her mother can live there as an on-site employee.

Edited by Twopper
because "of" and "or" mean different things
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 2/5/2019 at 6:15 PM, Natalie68 said:

I had to put her name in again to get the docs.  It looks like she took a loan for $346,500 in 2017 (Oct).  There is something listed I do not understand.  It says this:

What does this above mean?  It SOUNDS like she can't rent it out but I know next to nothing about property and the jargon.

According to another form on the site (Deed of Trust from 2018) states she owes $308,000

Did Meri borrow $346,500 for the B&b or pay that amount?  I was thinking the $346,500 was the price she paid for it and she borrowed $308,00?