Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Sadly this approach seems to have worked for her.

As far as the rest of the family is concerned, I'm not so sure it has worked for her.  I believe for the sake of unity for the program they have tolerated Meri, it is after all their only source of reliable income and presenting a united front is their objective for the idealistic fantasy life they are trying to spin.

We have been able to read between the lines and see through the veil of secrecy that they shroud anything negative with, but I think that the rest of the family Brown have Meri's number.  They all have a vested interest in continuing the charade as long as TLC is willing to front them, but once the program ends, they will either oust Meri or (more likely) she will sail away voluntarily on the good ship Lulano and take her income from that with her.  I just don't see Meri subsidizing the rest of the family when the eventual collapse takes place, but I will watch with interest.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

As far as the rest of the family is concerned, I'm not so sure it has worked for her.  I believe for the sake of unity for the program they have tolerated Meri, it is after all their only source of reliable income and presenting a united front is their objective for the idealistic fantasy life they are trying to spin.

We have been able to read between the lines and see through the veil of secrecy that they shroud anything negative with, but I think that the rest of the family Brown have Meri's number.  They all have a vested interest in continuing the charade as long as TLC is willing to front them, but once the program ends, they will either oust Meri or (more likely) she will sail away voluntarily on the good ship Lulano and take her income from that with her.  I just don't see Meri subsidizing the rest of the family when the eventual collapse takes place, but I will watch with interest.

I think I was trying to say that.  She gets away with her crap because, as you said, they have a vested interest in keeping the charade going.  What happens after is anyone's guess, and there are many possibilities.  

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

How much income do you think Meri can make each month selling LulaRoe?  What kind of markup is there on those clothes?

Probably someone here will know someone that sells this stuff and has an idea what the markup is.  Where the real money is to be made is in the commissions on the sales of those worker bees in her downline.  Not sure about this, but it seems to me that each new rep. is required to purchase about $5000. in inventory as their startup kit, so Meri probably gets a percentage of the initial kit, then each subsequent order that is placed by those in her downline, a percent would go to Meri.  So far Meri has induced her 2 sisters as well as Maddie and Audge that I know of and she has no doubt enlisted many of her sycophants into the fold. 

Meri does seem to be working very hard at this and seems to have made it clear that she is not doing this for "fun" but as a release for her pent-up "PASSION", if I have interpreted her twitter exchange with Maddie last week correctly.

• Love 4
On 9/21/2018 at 4:25 PM, TurtlePower said:

The phrase on Meri’s Twitter, as we’ve all seen: ”A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.” ...

Meri looks a challenge in the eye and cries until she gets her way. What. A. Phony. 

Bwahaha!!! It's funny because IT'S TRUE!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri does seem to be working very hard at this and seems to have made it clear that she is not doing this for "fun" but as a release for her pent-up "PASSION", if I have interpreted her twitter exchange with Maddie last week correctly.

Can’t help but wonder if her passion is to be financially independent once the show ends. I go back and forth on whether or not Meri will stay—she certainly avoids the others, yet shows photos of herself “there” to prove a point.  Everything she does is calculated. 

The show definitely has me for one more season. Hope they give us some actual drama versus endless wedding-baby crap.  It’d be great to see another season of Meri blubbering, however, I’d have some respect for her if she grew a pair and just did her life without falling back to passive-aggression. 

• Love 5

I have my doubts that Meri has made a dime off of Lularoe.  It has a very high markup for the consultants, but for the company, they sell the "wholesale" price to the rep what is truly retail price.  Like a sweater Meri would buy for $38 and sell to her customers for $65, but the quality is so poor it's really just a $38 sweater.  The company doesn't care because Meri is their end consumer.  If Meri never sells their ugly designs, who cares, as long as Meri orders more.

The pyramiding of people below her tips the point it is a pyramid scheme.  If she was truly making money from the clothes, the others could just order under her account and make money selling for themselves using Meri's discount.  But the company rewards the pyramid, so Meri signs up those under her.  I'd bet that she pumps every dime she makes into ordering more, and supporting those under her to order more because if they make their sales goals (which really just means they buy more from Lulalaroe corporate), then Meri's bonus is higher.  Which gets pumped into buying more clothes.  It's a vicious cycle and it seems like even though Meri is a top "seller", she rarely seems to be actually selling anything.  Even the sellers that hold live events three times a week selling hundreds of pieces often have hundreds of thousands in inventory at home because they are under constant pressure to continue ordering in order to be eligible for their bonuses.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TaxNerd said:

I have my doubts that Meri has made a dime off of Lularoe.  It has a very high markup for the consultants, but for the company, they sell the "wholesale" price to the rep what is truly retail price.  Like a sweater Meri would buy for $38 and sell to her customers for $65, but the quality is so poor it's really just a $38 sweater.  The company doesn't care because Meri is their end consumer.  If Meri never sells their ugly designs, who cares, as long as Meri orders more.

The pyramiding of people below her tips the point it is a pyramid scheme.  If she was truly making money from the clothes, the others could just order under her account and make money selling for themselves using Meri's discount.  But the company rewards the pyramid, so Meri signs up those under her.  I'd bet that she pumps every dime she makes into ordering more, and supporting those under her to order more because if they make their sales goals (which really just means they buy more from Lulalaroe corporate), then Meri's bonus is higher.  Which gets pumped into buying more clothes.  It's a vicious cycle and it seems like even though Meri is a top "seller", she rarely seems to be actually selling anything.  Even the sellers that hold live events three times a week selling hundreds of pieces often have hundreds of thousands in inventory at home because they are under constant pressure to continue ordering in order to be eligible for their bonuses.

Basically, Meri didn’t  even bother to use google before stepping in this crap. There’s a lot of info out there.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Basically, Meri didn’t  even bother to use google before stepping in this crap. There’s a lot of info out there.

My friend is just like her.  She was the one selling LuLaRo and got out of it.  She is now selling some sort of essential oils.  Another brand that if one were to google, would see a shit ton of bad press.  My sister and I have said we are NOT going to a party for this product if she has one.  I just don't get it.  She's a single mom, getting no child support, getting section 8 so she cannot afford to lose more $$!  

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I just don't get it.

I think it takes a certain kind of personality to fall for this crap.  Even if they do the research, they don't believe it because they fall for the sales pitch.  They go from one pyramid scheme to another and I bet they are prime targets for time share salesmen as well.  None of them appear to be strong-willed intelligent people, at least the ones I have seen. 

Always chasing the dream.....

• Love 8

I know it is popular on this board to trash Meri, but let's be honest, 2017-2018 were good years for her.   She joined LuLaRoe in October of 2016.   In January of 2017 she started an LLC called Ember Enterprises, which is basically the shell corporation for her LuLaRoe enterprises.   She used the proceeds from that corporation to start a new corporation in November of 2017;  Blue Shutters LLC (which is incorporated in Nevada and Utah), which is doing business as Lizzie's Heritage Inn.  She is the only Brown that has set up LLC's in her name only.   She is the only Brown with a viable and viable income. 

While her Sister Wives script calls for her to be a cry-baby, the real crier  of the family is Robyn.  Afterall, who cried for the first 5 seasons?   Do any of you snarky cynics actually believe that the fat ton of lard is making money being a personal trainer?   Or do you believe that Sobin Robyn is making money with her shitty jewelry?

Meri is the only one with borrowing power.   Kody and the  Kodependents purchased land in Flagstaff based on their TLC income and Meri's borrowing power.

Edited by DesertDude
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, DesertDude said:

She is the only Brown with a viable and viable income. 

Um, and we know that how?  LuLaNo is a pyramid scheme.  A house of card just waiting to collapse so while she might have some money right now...

And what is she really making on the B&B?  My guess is - not much. I had a jewelry business (just for fun) and made squat.  Just because you are incorporated doesn't mean anything.

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Um, and we know that how?  LuLaNo is a pyramid scheme.  A house of card just waiting to collapse so while she might have some money right now...

And what is she really making on the B&B?  My guess is - not much. I had a jewelry business (just for fun) and made squat.  Just because you are incorporated doesn't mean anything.

Granted, LuLaRoe is a pyramid scheme (I refuse to use your cute little term), but she is a top tear earner, she is their poster child.  As far as Lizzie's B & B?  Visit it.  It is actually mostly full.  Parowan isn't in the middle of nowhere.   The B & B is in the foothills of a very popular area.   The worst thing it has going for it is the people that live across the street.  Their house is deplorable.  Lizzie's Heritage Inn may not be making a huge profit, but it would be hard for it to not being covering debt service. 

I had a jewelry business (just for fun) and made squat

That is Sobin Robyn's business.   I agree, Sobin is making squat.   The Browns have made fun of Meri saying that she only does "hobby businesses", what do they cal Sister Wive's Closet?  If you look at the jewelry, it isn't even a hobby.  It is a lost cause.

Edited by DesertDude
  • Love 1
Just now, DesertDude said:

Granted, LuLaRoe is a pyramid scheme (I refuse to use your cute little term), but she is a top tear earner, she is their poster child.  As far as Lizzie's B & B?  Visit it.  It is actually mostly full.  Parowan isn't in the middle of nowhere.   The B & B is in the foothills of a very popular area.   The worst thing it has going for it is the people that live across the street.  Their house is deplorable.

I agree with you there. I think Meri is probably doing well with LLR. I wasn’t sure about the B&B but her mom seems to be quite the hostess. One of our posters did visit it, stayed and enjoyed it (sorry I forget who). 

If Meri’s doing so well, however, why is she so quick to resort to tears (whilst touting the “strong woman” quote on her Twitter)? I used to be Team Meri when I first joined but her sourpuss, selfish, rude, victim-playing attitude caused me to question it. She could be a strong woman if she’d just do her life without crying about how the family dislikes and distrusts her. Those tears aren’t scripted, they’re real and based on real resentments. 

Also—I wish she’d own her part in the “Sam” relationship. Catfish or not, she was in love—and has never admitted it (except in those voicemails you can still listen to).

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Also—I wish she’d own her part in the “Sam” relationship. Catfish or not, she was in love—and has never admitted it (except in those voicemails you can still listen to).

I totally agree - it still bugs me. She was dishonest. Everyone could see that she was being dishonest. After that BS, I could never look at her the same. I didn't love her before, but I did have a certain amount of sympathy for her and would have respected her if she had just admitted her part in it. Not anymore.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DesertDude said:

As far as Lizzie's B & B?  Visit it.  It is actually mostly full.

I just did a search on 6 random dates in October and November.  Not single one indicated that it was full or the reservation could not be honored.  So I think "mostly full" might be stretching things a bit.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I just did a search on 6 random dates in October and November.  Not single one indicated that it was full or the reservation could not be honored.  So I think "mostly full" might be stretching things a bit.

It was full during the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City.

8 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Whoa. Ouch. Didn’t think I did anything to deserve that outburst.  I was respectful, agreed with you even. 

I'm sorry Turtle, I am just sick and tired of the theme on this board of disliking Meri.  I actually think she is the only admirable and productive person in the family.   When they were in Utah I know that Janelle was the hard worker, but the only person I now see working for a living is Meri.   Is it any wonder that she has removed herself from the family? 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DesertDude said:

I am just sick and tired of the theme on this board of disliking Meri.

Well, the title gives a hint on what people think of her. YMMV obviously.  I personally find not one single thing admirable about her.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, DesertDude said:

I'm sorry Turtle, I am just sick and tired of the theme on this board of disliking Meri.  I actually think she is the only admirable and productive person in the family.   When they were in Utah I know that Janelle was the hard worker, but the only person I now see working for a living is Meri.   Is it any wonder that she has removed herself from the family? 

Thanks for that. We can all get riled at times. 

Look, for what it’s worth, I don’t want to dislike Meri—she kind of does it to herself.  It’s not just the show and its editing—it’s also how she responds to fans (and I’m talking the ones who aren’t being rude to her, just questioning her). Of all the wives, however, she does seem to be the most productive. 

Regarding scripting, I also just find it hard to believe that these women are such good actresses they can cry when the script goes that way. There’s a history and deep resentment in that family. 

And for Meri moving on, Meri still seems very narcissistic. As a reformed narcissist who has hurt others in favor of myself and my wants, I learned that it takes A LOT of work to earn the trust of others back. It takes humility, lots of honest, painful apologies and time. Moving on is fine, but when faced with distrust from others, it’s best to own it.  Being defensive or passive aggressive won’t help. Maybe the dynamic is too damaged  

So, if she wants out of the family and can’t resolve the conflict, she should just make the move. 

Or, maybe they’re all Oscar worthy actors and have us all fooled. I’ll be the first to admit being wrong. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Being defensive or passive aggressive won’t help. Maybe the dynamic is too damaged  

I think a lifetime of her behavior has made it impossible for her to be happy in that family.  She's pretty much burned any bridges with all of them.  

11 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Or, maybe they’re all Oscar worthy actors and have us all fooled. I’ll be the first to admit being wrong. 

Not in a million years.  Although Kootie has the steely shark eye thing down pretty good.  Oh, wait, that's not acting.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I think a lifetime of her behavior has made it impossible for her to be happy in that family.  She's pretty much burned any bridges with all of them.  

Not in a million years.  Although Kootie has the steely shark eye thing down pretty good.  Oh, wait, that's not acting.

Yeah, that’s kinda what I meant. Those tears of Meri’s are real.  Kody’s shark eyes are just him being himself. 

Itll be interesting to see what they bring us next season  still a ways out! 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I agree with you there. I think Meri is probably doing well with LLR. I wasn’t sure about the B&B but her mom seems to be quite the hostess. One of our posters did visit it, stayed and enjoyed it (sorry I forget who). 

It was me.  The place was full when we were there . . . there was a half-marathon in town, but - as far as I could tell - only one person who was at the B&B was in town for that.  And the runner and her mother-in-law are fans of the show, so they decided to stay there.  It really isn't in a terribly isolated area.  Five minutes or so off the interstate that runs between Salt Lake City and Las Vegas.  We've stayed in MUCH more isolated B&Bs.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

It really isn't in a terribly isolated area.  Five minutes or so off the interstate that runs between Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. 

I checked 6 randoms dates for this month and next month and all were open.  I suppose there might be a season when it's more popular.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, the title gives a hint on what people think of her. YMMV obviously.  I personally find not one single thing admirable about her.

15 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I totally agree - it still bugs me. She was dishonest. Everyone could see that she was being dishonest. After that BS, I could never look at her the same. I didn't love her before, but I did have a certain amount of sympathy for her and would have respected her if she had just admitted her part in it. Not anymore.

16 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

If Meri’s doing so well, however, why is she so quick to resort to tears (whilst touting the “strong woman” quote on her Twitter)? I used to be Team Meri when I first joined but her sourpuss, selfish, rude, victim-playing attitude caused me to question it. She could be a strong woman if she’d just do her life without crying about how the family dislikes and distrusts her. Those tears aren’t scripted, they’re real and based on real resentments. 

I agree I used to be Meri defender in the first couple seasons but quit. I don't like her or think there's anything admirable about her either. She pulled too much crap and stuff about her in their book doesn't make her come off any better. Taking more money from their pot even though she only has one child, her behavior during the designing of her McMansion insisting on stuff because she couldn't have seven or eight kids, constantly quitting her job to go off with Kody, her treatment of Janelle and Christine, bringing in Robyn just so she could have a buddy, refusing to own up to her part in the catfish yes what happened to her was terrible but it doesn't change the fact that she was going to leave the family and run off with Sam and only didn't do that because Sam wasn't real she never really changed her mind on that then insisting everyone get over it because she was the victim? Everything in her world is about Meri and her feelings. What she wants, she doesn't want and if she feels 'safe'. Wouldn't talk to Christine over their issues because she didn't feel "safe". Amazing how she doesn't feel "safe" when someone wants to talk to her about issues with her. I used to have a lot of sympathy for Janelle and Christine too but that's long gone too. I never had any sympathy for Robyn. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I checked 6 randoms dates for this month and next month and all were open.  I suppose there might be a season when it's more popular.

I saw a statistic that the average occupancy rate for B&Bs is 43%.  So it sounds like almost every B&B potentially would have openings on random dates.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

She's driven "lots and lots of miles" but has apparently not changed her clothes in days.  That's the same ugly camo outfit from, what, a week ago?

She probably has 8 of them in her inventory . . . and since no one is buying them, she's wearing them!

• Love 9

I've never felt sorry for any of them because they all went into this lifestyle as willing adults and have the ability to leave if they don't like it. I've never liked Kody, but I completely lost all respect for the wives when they pulled their emergency move to Las Vegas bullcrap. They scared their kids, disrupted their lives, and lied to them and their audience about why. As for Meri, I think she ties with Robin over being selfish and narcissistic. Within the family, she seems like a very unhappy, dour witch. However, since she's been involved with LuLaRoe her life outside of the family seems to be pretty interesting and satisfying. I know she's not going to give up the TLC paycheck or fame until the bitter end, but she'll probably be the most successful post-show sister-wife because she's taken the time to build up non-show relationships and contacts. 

Edited by Nysha
Been and being are not the same word.
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Interesting, it seems Meri hasn't made the move to Flagstaff yet.

I'd guess Meri hasn't rented a house in Flagstaff and when she needs to be there to film she just gets a hotel.  You'd think she stays with one of the other moms but............

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yes she is. 

0C555EF5-CDC9-4C46-84B6-FFB91CDCBADF.jpeg

OKAY HOLD THE PHONE......

Why on earth is it a good idea to give JO any more power than she already has over these women?!  By mentioning JO by name, it 100% tells me that Meri and her friend are still hooked on the high that JO gave them, and no one can convince me otherwise.  They are both still digging the controversy because when they thought it was all real, they loved it.  Even after the truth came out, Meri and her fellow catfished friends still got together and giggled about that sexy rascal "Sam," as evidenced by the episode when Meri drove to Atlanta to meet up with another woman who had been catfished, and they acted like seventh graders who shared the same first crush.  It's one thing to develop a friendship with someone because of shared circumstances, but by hashtagging Jackie Overton in this post, it's like they are both tempting her to come back out and play with them.  This is SO not a good idea, especially for Meri - she continually begs her fam'ly for forgiveness, but there's no doubt that she is still in this relationship with JO, however sick and twisted it was.  She never should've allowed this Kristie person to post this.  Incredibly dumb on both of their parts.

And I have no idea what #ketchup means in this stupid post, but if it's an inside joke with JO, that makes it all the more horrible.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

She is one sick cookie.  She explodes at people when they bring up the catfish incident but turns around and posts something like this.  She's taunting not only JO but her family as well.

So much for her “moving on.”  She gets mad at viewers for bringing it up, then this. 

• Love 5

Not what happened in my reply above.  Anyways, I wish Meri would just own her life. You can’t pull away from the family and then expect them to welcome you when you fly in and then dash away again. 

If Meri wants to move on, great. Make the family relationship more businesslike and drop the sobbing. I’d applaud that versus what she’s been doing. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Kristie's post mentioning JO was over a year ago.  Meri's post from this week just mentions their shared experience, not specifically mentioning JO.  (Unless I'm missing something.)

Ah, I didn't notice this but my rage remains the same.  Meri is still calling out the #FriendshipFormedInUnconventionalWays as a shout-out to Jackie.  Why did she feel the need to include that?  She's poking a hornet's nest in putting that out there, IMO.  Seems like pointing this out would be hurtful to Kody - if he still cared about Meri, that is.  It's pointing out that Meri formed this friendship because she had an affair.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13

It's Meri's claim to fame.  I really think their show got renewed because of her "affair that really wasn't, because Sam was a Sham."

Also, it is a giant FU to the fam, mentioning JO.  I agree with laurakaye too, Meri's still in it, and it is sick and twisted, all around.

• Love 7
On 9/23/2018 at 5:17 PM, DesertDude said:

It is fantastic she has you to be her cheerleader and its great you are willing to speak up!  It sounds like you might know her.  YMMV but LLR is pretty much a scam for anyone not a big earner and I see it taking advantage of people that don't know better and can ill afford the buy in as well as the maintenance.  The clothes are also very poorly made.  But there are some fans apparently, my cousin being one of them.  My Mormon family all seemed to get into the MLM schemes.  Name it, they have prob done it.

I don't like Meri and its not because of a hive mentality here but from watching the show since it first aired as well as the book.  She has a horrible personality or at least that is the way she comes across.  That and entitled.  I will not say she is the least liked of the bunch for me. 

I get how you can get sick and tired of the theme of Everyone Hates Meri.  There is someone on another reality show that I really like, warts and all, that MANY absolutely loathe.  Tells me there is someone for everyone.  

The only one of this family that has shown traits that are admirable to me is Logan.  He took care of his siblings and seems truly unselfish.  Aspyn seems pretty good too.  Of the kids that are grown, none of them stick out for me as someone admirable.  But part of that is they aren't shown much.  Madison and Mykelti are meh and most of the other kids are too young.  I will say that Meri has much more get up and go than Janelle but so do rocks so not a hard thing to beat.  My favorite, even though she is a little manic, is Christine.  Robyn is just too stealth to me.  I also hate she named her alter ego She-rah.  That part might be BEC though.

• Love 23

Natalie, if I didn't ask you before, I'm asking you now.  Will you be my spiritual sister wife?  Great post, and I totally agree.

Although it's impossible for me to understand, it seems that even Meri has a defender or two.  Probably Robyn does, too.  I don't like the She-Ra thing either, probably because my daughter had a She-Ra doll collection in the 80's!  

I'm pretty good at figuring out acronyms, but BEC has me stumped.  Google is my friend!

ETA:  Got it!  Perfect.  Meri's still fuming at Robyn becoming HBIC.  

Edited by xwordfanatik
additional stuff
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Natalie, if I didn't ask you before, I'm asking you now.  Will you be my spiritual sister wife?  Great post, and I totally agree.

Although it's impossible for me to understand, it seems that even Meri has a defender or two.  Probably Robyn does, too.  I don't like the She-Ra thing either, probably because my daughter had a She-Ra doll collection in the 80's!  

I'm pretty good at figuring out acronyms, but BEC has me stumped.  Google is my friend!

ETA:  Got it!  Perfect.  Meri's still fuming at Robyn becoming HBIC.  

I would be honored!  Thank you!  Just for your information, I CAN share a kitchen.  HA!

She-Rah bugs me because it was the name of a fantastic cat I had that went to the Rainbow Bridge WAY too soon.  Its been over 20 years and it still stings.  Even though Mr. Natalie was her favorite!  I find myself googling a lot of what I read in these forums.  Continuing education I will call it.  Makes it sound much more intellectual than bitching about reality shows and not knowing what the kids are saying these days.  :)

• Love 3

I have the Urban Dictionary bookmarked, and I need to consult it more often :)

My previous kitty crossed the bridge 5 years ago.  We had him for almost 19 years, and I still miss him.  We got a kitty a couple months later, and Lucy's wonderful, too.  I'm a cat lover.

Honestly, I'm shocked that Meri and Robyn have any fans.  It's even more surprising that Meri sells her LuLaNO (I use that "ridiculous" name proudly) to anyone, considering how other posters have commented on how snotty she is during her "pop-up-sales."

Meri must really have kicked herself a zillion times, if it's true, that she suggested Doofus dance with Robyn.  Look what former HBIC started!!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Honestly, I'm shocked that Meri and Robyn have any fans.

I'm not sure that they do, at least on this forum. I have a sneaking suspicion that the person posting in her defense was Meri herself.  Those postings have been deleted.  Quite vituperative towards other posters.

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm not sure that they do, at least on this forum. I have a sneaking suspicion that the person posting in her defense was Meri herself.  Those postings have been deleted.  Quite vituperative towards other posters.

I watch Sister Wives and while I'm certainly not one of those fanatics that thinks the Browns walk on water, I don't dislike any of them.  Well, maybe I find it harder to like Mariah and Mykeltie than the others.  As for the wives themselves I see good qualities and bad but for the most part they seem like decent people.  Meri doesn't bother me with her crying.  I get that she is in a completely different place than the other wives with her only child Mariah being grown and out of the house.  She's been pretty successful at finding businesses to give herself a sense of accomplishment that doesn't depend on being a "mother".  LulaRoe seems to provide the social outlet she needs to be around other adults so it works for her even if it isn't totally clear how it makes her money.  

• Love 6

I think that Meri is living at her B&B when she is not on the road with LLR.  Why waste money on a rental when she doesn't need to.  I'm not a real Meri hater, but neither am I her cheerleader.  But she has a get up an go that no one else in the family has.  She seems organized and gets things done.  But it is easy to do when you only have one child and sister wives or a mother who watch your child when you are gone.  I think Janelle lost her mojo when she left her job in SLC.  I really felt bad for her after the move to Vegas, she lost what made her fullfiled which was a full time job.  I think Christine hit a few bumps in the road but seems to get on with life, no matter what is happening.  I think Robyn for now is still in the catbird seat and is Kodys image of the ideal wife.   But he seems to be spending more time with Christine and Janelle than he did when Robyn first came on the scene.

• Love 8